Last post by alec
Today 03:47 AM

Old February 23rd, 2020, 05:12 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Goldencloud frowned as she barreled forward and swatted at her swiping paw as she withdrew it. He had half an amused smile, but his eyes were more serious.

"Most certainly quick but attacking with a paw to the face isn't always the best move. I can most easily react to that. Perhaps you should at least feign away to hope to cat h me off guard." He said with a shrug then dropped into his own battle stance, loose and balanced. "Let's have a little spar. Try attacking and I'll attack back, remember to watch my eyes and muscle movement for hints."
"Err...okay." She said awkwardly and stood up from her position and nodded. Watching her mentor go into a stance, copying his movement she mirrored his actions. Taking a deep breath in and then out, What am I going to do?, thinking to herself as she started to circle Goldencloud. To be honest didn't know what to do until an idea popped into her head. Gritting her teeth Shimmeringpaw launched herself at her mentor and jumped on top of him. Careful to not have her claws out the molly gently patted his flanks and one bomp to the head as if she was attacking him.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 06:47 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
"Err...okay." She said awkwardly and stood up from her position and nodded. Watching her mentor go into a stance, copying his movement she mirrored his actions. Taking a deep breath in and then out, What am I going to do?, thinking to herself as she started to circle Goldencloud. To be honest didn't know what to do until an idea popped into her head. Gritting her teeth Shimmeringpaw launched herself at her mentor and jumped on top of him. Careful to not have her claws out the molly gently patted his flanks and one bomp to the head as if she was attacking him.
The golden warrior felt the apprentice hop and land atop him, he blinked- a litle dazed. Surely he couldn't have been caught so off guard that she'd managed to leap that far. He quickly rolled, easily swinging out from under her with his much more developed muscles and training. He gave her a playful smile and pushed off his back paws to try to sweep low and knock her off her paws. She could either dodge and attack, or let him take his attack and find an advantage to it. His golden gaze glittered as he began to rush forward, wondering what she would choose to do.
Old February 24th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Queen of Laziness

Quote:
The golden warrior felt the apprentice hop and land atop him, he blinked- a litle dazed. Surely he couldn't have been caught so off guard that she'd managed to leap that far. He quickly rolled, easily swinging out from under her with his much more developed muscles and training. He gave her a playful smile and pushed off his back paws to try to sweep low and knock her off her paws. She could either dodge and attack, or let him take his attack and find an advantage to it. His golden gaze glittered as he began to rush forward, wondering what she would choose to do.
The silver molly wobbled off of her mentor's back and gave a small smile to him. She was quite pleased and surprised with herself when she managed to leap upon his back but that was short-lived when he swiped at her. All of a sudden her instincts kicked in and Shimmeringpaw jumped back and took a swipe at Goldencloud. Seeing that he continued to advance the apprentice took a deep breath of courage and rose on her two hind legs and aimed at his forearms, head, or chest.
Old February 24th, 2020, 08:59 PM
Blood and shale

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
@FuzzyRatto

Owlpaw blinked a few times, slowly coming back to reality. “I- uh- s-sorry, I spaced out.” The apprentice glanced around the area, trying to remember where she was. Oh, right. She was supposed to be training with Lightstreak. Owlpaw whipped her head around to face her mentor. “C-could you repeat what you just said, please? I’m sorry.”
Lightstreak sighed. "Next time, actually pounce. Otherwise, what you did was pretty good."

"What do you care what other people think?"
-Arline Feynman

"When you're happy, smile! Smile!"
-Miyuki-chan, Smile Precure! Movie: Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu!

"Embrace your shining future!"
-All the Cures, HUGtto Precure

"When in doubt... C4."
-Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters
Old February 25th, 2020, 08:01 PM

Goldencloud was surprised to see her jump back so readily and make another move. Her rolled as quickly as he could, just in time for her blow to land. He grabbed onto her shoulder with soft paws and playfully nipped at the front legs that tried to pin him down. Her rolled, pushing the both of them toppling in the damp snow, then pushed off of the apprentice and stood. He gave his tabby pelt a quick shake and looked over to her.

"Well done, that's a much stronger attitude than when we went hunting." He said with a wink of his golden eye and a teasing flick of his tail. "Now I want to show you a move though. It's a little more tricky! This move is best for pinning a cat. First you'll come towards me, feign quickly to one side but rather than do that go to the other side. Grab the shoulder high and push your opponent over. Like this."

Goldencloud then dashed at a nearby large rock, weighing to the right but using his back paws to quickly push his weight to the left instead. Then he bunched strong back legs and pushed into the rock high, pushing it over and pretending to hold it in place with his paws. Then he took a few steps back and looked expectantly at Shimmeringpaw.

@Shimm
Old February 26th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Might disappear again

@FuzzyRatto

Owlpaw nodded, slowly flicking her tail from side to side. “Al- Alright, I’ll be sure to pounce next time.” The young apprentice glanced around for a moment before turning and walking up to Lightstreak. “Can- Can I try again?”

Character Site

Old February 27th, 2020, 11:33 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Pebblepaw bounced back and forth on his paws, giving a rapid nod to Firehawk. "I'm ready when you are!" It was a playful retort. Even after the patrols and former sessions, Pebblepaw just couldn't seem to get the importance of this training through that thick skull of his. Still, Pebblepaw readied a sloppy stance, eyes focused on Firehawk.
Firehawk hoped Pebblepaw would be able to do some of these! Having so much rolls might make it harder for him to roll..

Maybe they would need to work on timed meals..

"Alright, we'll try something pretty basic. It's not really a move, it's more of a small technique to make it harder for you to get grabbed. You just tuck your tail in."

To demonstrate, he brought his tail down close to his body-- arching it slightly to hide the tip near his stomach.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old February 27th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Queen of Laziness

Quote:
Goldencloud was surprised to see her jump back so readily and make another move. Her rolled as quickly as he could, just in time for her blow to land. He grabbed onto her shoulder with soft paws and playfully nipped at the front legs that tried to pin him down. Her rolled, pushing the both of them toppling in the damp snow, then pushed off of the apprentice and stood. He gave his tabby pelt a quick shake and looked over to her.

"Well done, that's a much stronger attitude than when we went hunting." He said with a wink of his golden eye and a teasing flick of his tail. "Now I want to show you a move though. It's a little more tricky! This move is best for pinning a cat. First you'll come towards me, feign quickly to one side but rather than do that go to the other side. Grab the shoulder high and push your opponent over. Like this."

Goldencloud then dashed at a nearby large rock, weighing to the right but using his back paws to quickly push his weight to the left instead. Then he bunched strong back legs and pushed into the rock high, pushing it over and pretending to hold it in place with his paws. Then he took a few steps back and looked expectantly at Shimmeringpaw.

@Shimm
The two tussled for a little before her world tilted to one side and the cold invaded her warmth. The molly went down with a 'oof' and a weight came upon her for only a heartbeat before her mentor leaped off. "Well, I have more experience in this." A small grin mirrired the golden tom in front of her. Getting up and shaking the clinging snow off of her feathery pelt before her attention returned to Goldencloud.

The she-cat gave a small gulp, he wants me to try and do that? Shimmeringpaw nodded and took a few deep breaths to focus and tried to gather her courage.Does he want me to go after the rock or him? Deciding she took a running star and tried to copy what the warrior did. Her paws headed towards right but her legs to the left. Quickly switching directions the apprentice feigned to the left. Being to focused on her speed the molly didn't notice her agility and how her hind-paws were too slow and were tangled up. Tumbling over her own paws Shimmeringpaw scrambled up, ears heated with embarrassment. Just wanting to get it over she rose her paws high on the rock and pushed it back over to it's original spot.
Old February 27th, 2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
The two tussled for a little before her world tilted to one side and the cold invaded her warmth. The molly went down with a 'oof' and a weight came upon her for only a heartbeat before her mentor leaped off. "Well, I have more experience in this." A small grin mirrired the golden tom in front of her. Getting up and shaking the clinging snow off of her feathery pelt before her attention returned to Goldencloud.

The she-cat gave a small gulp, he wants me to try and do that? Shimmeringpaw nodded and took a few deep breaths to focus and tried to gather her courage.Does he want me to go after the rock or him? Deciding she took a running star and tried to copy what the warrior did. Her paws headed towards right but her legs to the left. Quickly switching directions the apprentice feigned to the left. Being to focused on her speed the molly didn't notice her agility and how her hind-paws were too slow and were tangled up. Tumbling over her own paws Shimmeringpaw scrambled up, ears heated with embarrassment. Just wanting to get it over she rose her paws high on the rock and pushed it back over to it's original spot.
Goldencloud padded over and gave an encouraging smile. "Let's get you to try that again, you're not always going to get it on the first try. However, it is very important to perservere." He told her with a reassuring flick of hish bushy gold tail. He was beginning to see some big changes in the little apprentice and only wanted to encourage that improvement. With some more time hunting to prove she had the warrior skills there and a few more advanced fighting moves she could be ready to be a warrior! He was a little sad to think that she might be ready to be a warrior so soon, it felt like she'd only suddenly gotten comfortable enough to be a little more playful and open with him.
Old February 28th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Queen of Laziness

Quote:
Goldencloud padded over and gave an encouraging smile. "Let's get you to try that again, you're not always going to get it on the first try. However, it is very important to perservere." He told her with a reassuring flick of hish bushy gold tail. He was beginning to see some big changes in the little apprentice and only wanted to encourage that improvement. With some more time hunting to prove she had the warrior skills there and a few more advanced fighting moves she could be ready to be a warrior! He was a little sad to think that she might be ready to be a warrior so soon, it felt like she'd only suddenly gotten comfortable enough to be a little more playful and open with him.

"Persevere..."She echoed walking back to retry the move. Light blue eyes lasered on the rock and took off. Headed towards the left and faked to the right of the rock. Shimmeringpaw did not stumble this time as determination fueled her. Rising to her hindlegs the molly used for forelimbs to force the rock to shift under her weight. "Like that?" Turning to Goldencloud with her ears perked forward as she gave a small grin with her teeth showing.
The apprentice grew to be comfortable around her new mentor since Stoatdance couldn't fill the spot. It took a while for the adjustment and the apprentice was grateful for the tom who now overlooked her training.