Today 07:20 AM

Old February 17th, 2020, 11:23 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The ginger tomcat nodded vigorously in response to Mapleflame, trying to confirm that he would be no trouble at all. Which was no fun at all but Blazepaw had given up on fun and trouble-making. That hadn't gotten him anywhere. And it had gotten someone exiled.
Though, the tom was not ready for his new mentor to launch himself at him. Blazepaw's olive eyes grew wide as he quickly ducked, rolling to the side and dodging the larger tomcat's pounce. Thankfully, Blazepaw had been looking at Mapleflame when he attacked, so getting out of the way had been a fast instinctual move. The ginger apprentice stared at Mapleflame with wide eyes, having not been expecting that at all. A small flare of anger grew in his chest, but he ignored it, pushing it away. This was battle training after all. Mapleflame just did it differently than other mentors it seemed.
Ah, good. The disgrace had good reflexes. But did he have the ability to outsmart a seasoned warrior who trained himself to fight without one leg? Mapleflame smirked and launched himself at Disgracepaw again, swiping at his face with sheathed claws before veering off and spinning to the side, using his tail to keep balance as he twirled on one paw. The warrior dashed and aimed to rake his paw down his apprentice's side before jumping back and crouching down, watching his reaction.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNeedsACoffee View Post
(Sorry it took so long to make a starter! Been busy) @CheetahPelt

BumbleFrost was waiting patiently at the training area in a half shaded spot, her iced blue eyes gazed at her Clanmates as they trained, the shecat looked at her paws for a moment as she started mumbling to herself."...Maybe that might be good to start off with?... No too complex to start learning for the first training session...". Her brow furrowed as she shook her head lightly, BumbleFrost was trying to decide what would be more effective to start off with, she wanted to do the very best she could to make sure her new apprentice, AsterPaw, was taught to the best of her abilities. Her features lighten a bit as if she had finally came to a decision and she took a small breath as she straightened her posture, the cream and spotted grey shecat was quite tall and slim in all honesty but not enough to be extremely noticeable.BumbleFrost looked up towards the sky seeing that it had been a while now since she had told AsterPaw to meet her at the training island once he had done his apprentice duties, she wasn't too fussed as of right now since the molly understood it was going to take some time for the young tom to get used to being somewhat busy for the clan but doing nothing was starting to get to the shecat and her tail started twitching, she had workaholic tendencies and doing nothing but sit there wasting time really made the shecat feel on edge, she originally started pushing herself to be busy when she was in her very young warrior moons to distract herself from the unpleasant things that had happened during that time and now she did it out of habit…she had no idea when this habit became a serious issue but she was starting to see why HoneyDrizzle had been urging her to take more breaks and just relax."hnnnnnmmm...okay Bumble just relax and breathe...".she murmured this to herself as she inhaled and exhaled deeply as she continued to patiently wait for AsterPaw.
(So sorry!)

Asterpaw skidded out of the forests, squeaking as he saw the water around the training island. He gritted his teeth his brain screaming at him !YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SWIM MOUSEBRAIN! But he squeezed his eyes shut and leaped forewards, to find that the water wasn't higher then his paws.

He padded forewards, and the water got slightly deeper, but nothing he couldnt wade through.

Asterpaw made it to the island and shook the water from his pelt, before spotting his mentor. He grinned, raising his head high and trotting over.

"So, Bumblefrost! What are we gonna start with? Water Battle Training? Mud wrestling?" These things were all expert apprentice topics, but he could take them. He knew he could.
Old February 17th, 2020, 03:48 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

@BILL.

Coming from the WindClan border, Pebblepaw had more or less skipped - or as close as he could get to that action - into the training clearing. It had been a while since he'd done any offensive or defensive training... and honestly, he had slept since he'd learned it... ahem.. forgot it. He was ready this time though! Ready to show his stuff, prove that he would be a great warrior - Pebblepaw would be ready for the next battle! Weaving his way to a more secluded spot, the apprentice turned to make sure that Firehawk had been in tow.

"What are we learning today?" Energetic as always, even with the additional pudge he had been saving for leaf-bare.
"Today," Firehawk spoke as he crossed through the clearing, tail twitching as he stopped near an empty spot away from the other training cats. "I figured we could work on some defensive moves and if we have some time, do a couple basic offensive ones. Are you ready, Pebblepaw?"

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old February 17th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

"Today," Firehawk spoke as he crossed through the clearing, tail twitching as he stopped near an empty spot away from the other training cats. "I figured we could work on some defensive moves and if we have some time, do a couple basic offensive ones. Are you ready, Pebblepaw?"
Pebblepaw bounced back and forth on his paws, giving a rapid nod to Firehawk. "I'm ready when you are!" It was a playful retort. Even after the patrols and former sessions, Pebblepaw just couldn't seem to get the importance of this training through that thick skull of his. Still, Pebblepaw readied a sloppy stance, eyes focused on Firehawk.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old February 17th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Need Coffee? Ask Tawny!

Bump Policy: Bump me after 3 days please ^^
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
(So sorry!)

Asterpaw skidded out of the forests, squeaking as he saw the water around the training island. He gritted his teeth his brain screaming at him !YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SWIM MOUSEBRAIN! But he squeezed his eyes shut and leaped forewards, to find that the water wasn't higher then his paws.

He padded forewards, and the water got slightly deeper, but nothing he couldnt wade through.

Asterpaw made it to the island and shook the water from his pelt, before spotting his mentor. He grinned, raising his head high and trotting over.

"So, Bumblefrost! What are we gonna start with? Water Battle Training? Mud wrestling?" These things were all expert apprentice topics, but he could take them. He knew he could.
BumbleFrost ears twitched at the sound of her name, the slim Molly casted her blue gaze onto her apprentice, giving a small tiny smile in greeting as she rose to her paws. Although she raised a brow at the mention of a few battle training techniques that the young tom definitely wasn't ready for, it was only his first training session after all."No AsterPaw we will not be starting with those battle tactics...you are not yet experienced enough to do so but I'm glad to see you're enthusiastic about this..it's a quality I like to see in cats". She gave the small praise as she stretched her limbs preparing herself as she straighted her posture. BumbleFrost hummed slightly as she sized up AsterPaw. She backed up slightly to allow some room for the Tom, her tone was cool and in control."I would advise you stretched before we start, It helps remove any type of stiffness that may interfere during this". She knew she probably sounded odd but it was something her mentor HollowLeap had told her moons ago when she was just a young apprentice, the Molly watched the tom before she nodded."Alright now...Oh look- there's some cats trying out water battle training isn't that cool!". She faked a intrigued look and noticing AsterPaw turn to look at the water excitement clear on his features she lept at him and knocked him to the ground, making sure she didn't use too much force, her paw pinned him in place on the ground."Lesson one, ignore all distractions... If this was a real battle you would of been dead already". Saying this she allowed him to get up, she knew it was a bit unfair but its best for them to learn through the element of surprise so that they will be prepared for when the time comes they will fight."Distractions will be your downfall if you aren't careful so my advice is always focus on your opponent.. but you can also use distractions to your advantage, if your opponent isn't focused on you their attacks and reflexes will be weaker and disoriented". She circled him as she explained this her tail flicking slightly as she studied him.

Last edited by TawnyNeedsACoffee; February 17th, 2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old February 18th, 2020, 11:44 AM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameQueen View Post
{ @Bluepetal }

Blueheart turned to face Harepaw "ready?" she growled "let's see what ya got" she unsheathed her claws and sprinted toward Harepaw.
Harepaw instinctively shrieked as he freaked out. He tried to jump out of the way, and swung his paw out, aiming for Blueheart's flank.
Old February 18th, 2020, 03:41 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Goldencloud led the apprentice to the island, looking back at her and slowing to a stop. He had no idea what her training had been with her previous mentor, but he couldn't imagine it was extensive with how uncomfortable hunting had made her.

"Shimmeringpaw, why don't you tell me and show me what you do know so far and we can work from there!" He said, tone chipper. He was excited to see what she had in her for a fighting spirit.

@Shimm
Old February 19th, 2020, 09:00 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

"Well...I'm good with stealth and moving fast to surprise opponents." Shimmeringpaw meowed while she moved into a crouch position where she can easily lunge/spring in any which directions she wanted. Without warning, she launched herself at Goldencloud, stopping a few mouse tail lengths and her right paw swiping at his face. But fast as she was with lunging the molly withdrew her paw and moved where she could tumble to the left and spring back to her paws. A large smile came over her face as the dust settled around them.
@Ever
Old February 21st, 2020, 12:08 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNeedsACoffee View Post
BumbleFrost ears twitched at the sound of her name, the slim Molly casted her blue gaze onto her apprentice, giving a small tiny smile in greeting as she rose to her paws. Although she raised a brow at the mention of a few battle training techniques that the young tom definitely wasn't ready for, it was only his first training session after all."No AsterPaw we will not be starting with those battle tactics...you are not yet experienced enough to do so but I'm glad to see you're enthusiastic about this..it's a quality I like to see in cats". She gave the small praise as she stretched her limbs preparing herself as she straighted her posture. BumbleFrost hummed slightly as she sized up AsterPaw. She backed up slightly to allow some room for the Tom, her tone was cool and in control."I would advise you stretched before we start, It helps remove any type of stiffness that may interfere during this". She knew she probably sounded odd but it was something her mentor HollowLeap had told her moons ago when she was just a young apprentice, the Molly watched the tom before she nodded."Alright now...Oh look- there's some cats trying out water battle training isn't that cool!". She faked a intrigued look and noticing AsterPaw turn to look at the water excitement clear on his features she lept at him and knocked him to the ground, making sure she didn't use too much force, her paw pinned him in place on the ground."Lesson one, ignore all distractions... If this was a real battle you would of been dead already". Saying this she allowed him to get up, she knew it was a bit unfair but its best for them to learn through the element of surprise so that they will be prepared for when the time comes they will fight."Distractions will be your downfall if you aren't careful so my advice is always focus on your opponent.. but you can also use distractions to your advantage, if your opponent isn't focused on you their attacks and reflexes will be weaker and disoriented". She circled him as she explained this her tail flicking slightly as she studied him.
He turned his head as she told him to look at the water training. That was awesome! His ears perked, jaws agape in wonder. "Water trai- WOAH!" When the warrior tackled him he yelped. "Hey! Don't do that! That's not fair!" He growled at his mentor. He listened to her, face scrunched in anger. How could she do that? He wasn't ready. It wasn't fair! He thought.

He got up as quickly as she let him go, and stood on his paws, following her with his eyes. He wouldn't lose sight of her. Though his other senses weres focused. He put all of his energy into following her with his eyes.
Old February 21st, 2020, 06:59 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
"Well...I'm good with stealth and moving fast to surprise opponents." Shimmeringpaw meowed while she moved into a crouch position where she can easily lunge/spring in any which directions she wanted. Without warning, she launched herself at Goldencloud, stopping a few mouse tail lengths and her right paw swiping at his face. But fast as she was with lunging the molly withdrew her paw and moved where she could tumble to the left and spring back to her paws. A large smile came over her face as the dust settled around them.
@Ever
Goldencloud frowned as she barreled forward and swatted at her swiping paw as she withdrew it. He had half an amused smile, but his eyes were more serious.

"Most certainly quick but attacking with a paw to the face isn't always the best move. I can most easily react to that. Perhaps you should at least feign away to hope to cat h me off guard." He said with a shrug then dropped into his own battle stance, loose and balanced. "Let's have a little spar. Try attacking and I'll attack back, remember to watch my eyes and muscle movement for hints."

Last edited by Ever; February 21st, 2020 at 06:59 PM.