Old January 3rd, 2024, 11:40 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Croaking Swamp

Lynxshade
Shadowclan
28 moons old | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T1) | Bilingual (T1)

Lynxshade was grunting silently while she made her way to the Croaking Swamp, walking in the marshlands with a light step in the mud. It's just like when I was alone, out of the clan. Here, in this sticky mud hunting alone. At least the singing of the frogs managed to calm her. At least, she wouldn't have to deal with ruthless or quick-tempered clanmates. It's like every one of these cats always has something to complain about, but then they don't even show up when it's time to hunt. Maybe Dawnstar had some right to hold that snout every part of the day. Maybe, she would punish them in her place, too.

She knew she had reached a good place to hunt when the frogs' croaking was so strong, it covered her paw steps' noise. It was easy for her to jump on a couple of them and bring them down, but she knew frogs were barely a little snack for fully-grown cats.
Luckily, her climbing abilities were still good enough. Lynxshade decided to climb on an old, leafless tree where a crow was perched and seemed asleep.

Rolled dice! 2/6!

With a powerful swipe she blocked the bird's escape just while it started to take off, then killed it with a swift bite at the soft neck. Just when she closed her jaws on it, the branch snapped and she found herself falling with the black thing in her mouth and four legs stretched downward.
The impact slightly scared her, but she landed nimbly enough so she didn't feel any pain for it.
That's it, I'm returning now! They couldn't use her. She had done her part of the job, and she wouldn't do the other two cats' part. No, Dawnstar would have to go with it. Let the two lazy asses get nothing for dinner, and everyone else will have their feast.

With a crow pending by the wing and two frogs by their long legs she walked back through the muddy landscape with a slow pace to camp, ready to report what had happened. Or more precisely, what hasn't happened. She thought again with a slight frown.

closed [hunting patrol]
Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:07 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Hawkgrowl nodded toward his patrolmates, heading for Croaking Swamp, catching two small mice, then headed back

+2 mice

(super lazy and fastpaced but its due jan 5 sooooo)

@Kuwu @Wingnettle
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; January 3rd, 2024 at 07:07 PM.
Old January 6th, 2024, 07:22 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Glowingpaw followed after the warrior that led him out of camp. He was hoping to get a jumpstart on things, get ahead of the game. If he was going to excel here, he had to.

"We're doing battle, right?" he asked. "What's first?"

Last edited by dino.; January 6th, 2024 at 07:45 PM.
Old January 6th, 2024, 07:35 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Glowingpaw followed after the warrior that led him out of camp. He was hoping to get a jumpstart on things, get ahead of the game. If he was going to excel here, he had to.

"We're doing battle, right?" he asked. "What's first?"

[open for a warrior]

OspreySplash smiled at the apprentice.

'Yeah. We're doing battle. We're going to start with a basic Front Paw Blow.'

She stopped, turning to GlowingPaw.

'Make sure your claws are sheathed for this one. And yes, even in battle. I just want you to smack me on the head. Easy enough, yeah?'
Old January 6th, 2024, 07:45 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post

OspreySplash smiled at the apprentice.

'Yeah. We're doing battle. We're going to start with a basic Front Paw Blow.'

She stopped, turning to GlowingPaw.

'Make sure your claws are sheathed for this one. And yes, even in battle. I just want you to smack me on the head. Easy enough, yeah?'
A frown tugged at Glowingpaw's lips. For training made sense, but in battle? "How come? Isn't battle for, like... doing damage?"

Whether he got an answer of not, he shook out a forepaw and got into position, then threw it out to swat her on the top of the head.
Old January 21st, 2024, 11:59 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
A frown tugged at Glowingpaw's lips. For training made sense, but in battle? "How come? Isn't battle for, like... doing damage?"

Whether he got an answer of not, he shook out a forepaw and got into position, then threw it out to swat her on the top of the head.

OspreySplash
OspreyKit, OspreyPaw

20 Moons | She/Her | Heterosexual

ShadowClan Warrior
___

OspreySplash flinched as she got bonked.

'That was good. And yes, battle is about doing damage, but if you are in a friendly spar or something, you need to be have proper technique. Plus, if you need something to do fast, a quick smack on the head works well, plus confuses your opponent'

She paused, thinking of what to teach the apprentice next.

'Okay, normally, in battle you'd do this with your claws unsheathed.. but I'd rather not go visit La-LostSpark. Your gonna rake your claws- paw, in this case, across my face or body.'

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:53 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Having caught wind of a ShadowClan warrior hunting deep in the heartlands, the young enforcer had taken his leave. Fighting was his forte. He had every confidence in his fighting capabilities. Hunting? Not so much. And he would have hated to accidentally overstep and ruin his clanmate's attempts to feed the clan - especially during leafbare - so off he'd gone towards the swamps, his pristine coat soon covered in muck.

The tom shuddered as he felt the fur between his toes squish unpleasantly, not out of disgust, but cold. The snow and cool wind was bad enough without the eternal dampness of the swamp adding in to the frost. He would have thought the place frozen by now, but it seemed not even the coldest of leafbare days could defeat the murky waters of ShadowClan's... chunkier waters. As expected, the lynxes seemed to have been avoiding the area. Any scent they had left here before was now long gone, their obvious clumsiness in the marshy terrain clear to anyone who had witnessed the fight between himself and the kit he'd brought down. Which... granted did just mean himself, but those seemed like pointless details at the moment if you asked Silverlark.

Whiskers twitching with satisfaction, verdant hues swept the perimeter once more before he moved on. He was starting to get hungry. Maybe a meal back at camp would be nice. The muscular tom could also poke his head in the nursery to make sure that Falls was doing alright, too! With all the new kits Darkydark had, he could understand if the newborns were taking too much time. Had to make sure Falls knew her pop didn't forget her or nothing! He knew how small it felt to believe you were relegated to live in the shadow of those you loved.

| Open |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 26th, 2024, 10:12 AM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

NightWolf was trotting back in satisfaction with his haul of freshkill, not bad at all for leaf bare, he had caught three voles and a rabbit, it wasnt as plump as it could be during full leaf but its still good, he was however having trouble dragging everything along, he was getting frustrated at carrying the four freshkill in his mouth when he spotted the enforcer Silverlark also headed back to camp from the direction of the swamps

"Silverlark!" he calls out, "Could you help me get these back to camp?" he asks, he knows enforcers are usually busy but he hoped he wouldn't mind giving a little assistance

@Alchemist Kitsune

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old January 30th, 2024, 12:33 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

NightWolf slipped and fell into the mud, he had a frog in his mouth but upon landing his paw slipped and he went sliding through the mud and into a bush

"Thank StarClan no one saw that," he says shaking off as much mud as could, he's however wasnt looking forward to licking all the left over mud from his fur. "You must enjoy making me suffer today StarClan," he says as he just tossed himself into the freezing water and comes out clean but shaking, he decides to go collect his freshkill for the clan and head back to camp to warm up.

Of course he makes sure to take the route with most sunlight.

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old January 30th, 2024, 12:54 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Croaking Swamp

v List of Mentions v

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior - 34 Moons

____

Dovedance slipped into the piece of marshland that was part of ShadowClan territory.

She looked back to see if the three apprentices were following her, giving them an approving nod when Dovedance saw that they were.

The molly looked at Midnightpaw.

''You can go look for prey by yourself, if you like. Since you're a black cat, Midnightpaw, you'll blend into the shadows more - especially without us.''

The ShadowClan warrior gave a purr of laughter.

''Squirrelpaw and I have more white on our fur than the trees have on their branches!''

The warrior looked back at Lostpaw and Squirrelpaw.

''Lostpaw, I'd like you to demonstrate the hunting crouch to Squirrelpaw. Squirrelpaw doesn't yet know how to hunt since Mistlewhisker was punished, and you need a bit of work yourself,'' Dovedance explained.

''I thought that this patrol - since it is a hunting patrol - would be a great chance to teach Squirrelpaw. And Squirrelpaw is an original member of this patrol. It's better she learns now than later, or even never.''

Dovedance looked from Lostpaw to Squirrelpaw, giving the russet apprentice [ Squirrelpaw ] an encouraging look from amber eyes.

____

Rainstar is RippleClan's current leader. She has an open-den policy.

Rainsplash is HeatherClan's current 'Wild Cats' Section Leader. She has an open-den policy.

Owlswoop is ValleyClan's current deputy.

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty