Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Go to first new post ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by CollapsingStars
Today 08:49 AM
Go to first new post [ Herb Gathering Event ]...
by ellie
Last post by Daragca
Today 08:47 AM
Go to first new post ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 08:46 AM
Go to first new post ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Luminous
Today 08:45 AM
Sootspirit finder
Last post by CollapsingStars
Today 08:45 AM

Old January 4th, 2024, 10:33 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3)

Darkfall hadn’t the slightest clue what a “muck slamming specialty triple midair twist elbow strike” was, but he wasn’t too enthused to find out. As such, the older tom ran from the other enforcer with a slight chuckle (and a bit of caution, because he did not want whatever that was to hit him!).

It took a while, but they did eventually make it to the Icy Heartlands at which point, Darkfall was out of breath and had long since slowed to a walk. Running all the way from the camp to the very outskirts of the territory just wasn’t feasible, and his muscles were screaming at him for even attempting the Herculean task.

Turning to Silverlark who he hoped was still behind him, he let out a deep breath. ”Let’s -wheeze split up, yeah?” he asked, a slight smile curling at his lips. Admittedly, despite everything that had been going wrong lately, that was a bit of fun. Not something he’d try again anytime soon, but fun nonetheless.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old January 5th, 2024, 12:54 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Active | Just a Scratch - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

It took the muscular feline some time to catch up to the dark enforcer, especially with how his chortling kept getting in the way, but gratefully, it seemed Darkfall had stopped to wait for him once they had reached their location. It had been an impressive run, really. Especially considering how far away from the camp this part of the territory was. Made for a good race though. Silverlark could almost feel the burn in his legs, which only served to pump him up even further for the task ahead.

A booming laugh escaped the younger warrior as Darkydark spoke, the tom's attempts to catch his breath comical to him. Darkydark was obviously being a silly goose, trying to trick him into a sense of confidence only to out hunt him. Sneaky sneaky, but it wouldn't work! This tom knew just how atrocious he was at hunting, no amount of overconfidence would change that. After all, he doubted he could get much worse. Still, he could always play along. And separating themselves would probably be for the best. That way this tom wouldn't be scaring away all the prey while Darkfall tried to hunt proper. Actually... maybe the laugh was a bad way of helping there. Oops.

"Yeah yeah yeah, sound's good, Darkydark. Let's split up. Mmhmm. Catch more prey that way. I'll go down this way. Catch up here once we done?" he chirped happily, pointing in a general direction, waiting for his fellow enforcer's response before bounding off.

Soon enough, Silverlark sunk himself into the shadows, his white dipped toes careful to not make a single sound as his rounded ears perked up, a song catching his attention. It wasn't long before he caught sight of it. A brown bird with a yellow chest that looked sorely out of place in the shadows of the heartlands. Verdant hues narrowed in concentration as the tom made his best attempt at approaching his prey, hyper aware of every step he took. Birds were especially tricky for him. One wrong step and it was all over. Once they took flight, there was no way for him to catch up to them. Sure he could jump, but he could never run up to them in time for that to save the hunt.

| Rolled 15 - Hunt successful |

The lark never knew he was there. With a quick leap and bite down its spine, the only sign of a hunt that tattled his presence here was the sudden lack of song in the air. Swiftly, Silverlark went back into the shadows, digging his catch into a secure hole for protection from the elements while he tracked once more. It seemed that today was his lucky day, as once more, it seemed prey was being noisier than usual upon the forest floor. Despite the clear sky, there was a layer of frost on the ground that provided a telling crunch. One that the enforcer was currently doing his best to avoid, yet the vole that he could now spot downwind from him had made no sign of even noticing as it dug around for food.

| Rolled 13 - Hunt successful |

Whether it was due to hunger, distraction, or it simply not being the brightest vole in the forest, once more the silver throated warrior found himself with an easy hunt. In an instant he was atop the rodent, and before it had even noticed the cat before him, it had died. Chest puffed up with pride, the stocky tom realized that he had never had a more successful hunting day! He considered going for another critter. See if he could bring even more to camp. But optimistic as he was, he knew better than to push his luck. Twice lucky was amazing! Did he really want to sour his good day and end it with a failed hunt? Nope. Nope nope nope. He wanted the knowledge that he had gotten the bird and the vole and he was two for two today, heh heh! Giddily, the warrior turned around, eager to dig up his bird and head on back to meet up with Darkydark.

[Prey caught - 1 Lark + 1 Vole]

@Dark [Darkfall]
| Today and tomorrow are big holiday days in my country, so I might not be too available! Hopefully this post is alright for completing the patrol? I'll try to have Silver respond, but feel free to wrap up the patrol and assume Silver followed along! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 9th, 2024, 06:53 AM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Icy Heartlands

@sylvia26 [ Lostpaw ]

Dovedance's ear twitched as she entered Icy Heartlands. She turned to her apprentice, Lostpaw.

''I have noticed your lack of hunting skills,'' The dappled silver-and-white she-cat started testily, as if trying not to anger the smaller cat. ''And I have decided that we're going to work on them today.''

The warrior whisked her tail, whiskers twitching. ''Show me your hunting crouch, Lostpaw.''

''I'll examine it and see if it needs improvement.''

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.
Old January 9th, 2024, 07:10 AM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
@sylvia26 [ Lostpaw ]

Dovedance's ear twitched as she entered Icy Heartlands. She turned to her apprentice, Lostpaw.

''I have noticed your lack of hunting skills,'' The dappled silver-and-white she-cat started testily, as if trying not to anger the smaller cat. ''And I have decided that we're going to work on them today.''

The warrior whisked her tail, whiskers twitching. ''Show me your hunting crouch, Lostpaw.''

''I'll examine it and see if it needs improvement.''
LostPaw

"starclan wanted me...yet you refused me!"

Lostpaw blinked, she remembered she was partly good with the hunting crouch and whiteheart her former mentor taught her... she gave a small nod "okay.." she then dropped into a hunting crouch, her tail down low and still and her body down close to the grassy ground. "do you want me to move?" she asked as her ears went forward into an alert mode.
WindClan- N/A
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur,
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she, king snowflake-10M/Tom
Old January 9th, 2024, 07:53 AM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia26 View Post
LostPaw

Lostpaw blinked, she remembered she was partly good with the hunting crouch and whiteheart her former mentor taught her... she gave a small nod "okay.." she then dropped into a hunting crouch, her tail down low and still and her body down close to the grassy ground. "do you want me to move?" she asked as her ears went forward into an alert mode.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior
''WindClan isn't worth our time.''

Dovedance shook her head.

Weaving around Lostpaw, she leaned down and nudged Lostpaw's hind paws tighter towards her belly.

''Tuck your hind paws in tighter,'' The silver-and-white warrior instructed. ''It gives you more power to your spring - especially when catching squirrels and birds.''

Dovedance flattened Lostpaw's tail closer to the ground, but not letting it touch the forest floor.

''Keep your tail just off the ground, as well. If it brushes any bushes or leaves, it will scare away your quarry.''

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
Old January 9th, 2024, 08:00 AM
Frostfire

Quote:

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

Dovedance shook her head.

Weaving around Lostpaw, she leaned down and nudged Lostpaw's hind paws tighter towards her belly.

''Tuck your hind paws in tighter,'' The silver-and-white warrior instructed. ''It gives you more power to your spring - especially when catching squirrels and birds.''

Dovedance flattened Lostpaw's tail closer to the ground, but not letting it touch the forest floor.

''Keep your tail just off the ground, as well. If it brushes any bushes or leaves, it will scare away your quarry.''
LostPaw

lostpaw did what she was told. she never was aware of those mistakes. she honstly thought it was a perfect crouch. her paws went closer to his chest. just a little off. her tail kept a low balance nearly touching the grass but not. she put her head lower. maybe that could help too. "is this better?" she asked in a small meow.
WindClan- N/A
Dark forest- N/A
Old January 9th, 2024, 08:11 AM
High-Function Autistic

Quote:
LostPaw

lostpaw did what she was told. she never was aware of those mistakes. she honstly thought it was a perfect crouch. her paws went closer to his chest. just a little off. her tail kept a low balance nearly touching the grass but not. she put her head lower. maybe that could help too. "is this better?" she asked in a small meow.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

_______

Dovedance nodded. ''Much better.''

Dovedance's ears were perked up for the sounds of danger, but she heard none.

''Alright. Lostpaw, tell me what prey scents - or danger scents - you can pick up.''

_______
Honeypool + Moonfrost Kit Finder!

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar

Last edited by paris; January 9th, 2024 at 08:14 AM.
Old January 9th, 2024, 08:38 AM
Frostfire

Quote:

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

_______

Dovedance nodded. ''Much better.''

Dovedance's ears were perked up for the sounds of danger, but she heard none.

''Alright. Lostpaw, tell me what prey scents - or danger scents - you can pick up.''

_______
Honeypool + Moonfrost Kit Finder!
LostPaw

lostpaw sat up and lifted her head trying to get scents. "i smell...vole...and...something i never smelled before....i think...thats mouse...and a frog." she then opened her eyes and closed her mouth. ear ears swirved back and forth trying to hear something. "i hear...scurrying...must be the mouse i smelled." she mumbled softly to herself. as her tail curled around her paws.
WindClan- N/A
Dark forest- N/A
Old January 9th, 2024, 09:09 AM
High-Function Autistic

Quote:
LostPaw

lostpaw sat up and lifted her head trying to get scents. "i smell...vole...and...something i never smelled before....i think...thats mouse...and a frog." she then opened her eyes and closed her mouth. ear ears swirved back and forth trying to hear something. "i hear...scurrying...must be the mouse i smelled." she mumbled softly to herself. as her tail curled around her paws.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

______

Dovedance gave a soft purr. ''Good job! And yes, that is a mouse you picked up.''

''They usually smell sweet, and have a sweet taste,'' The warrior explained. ''But, they can feel vibrations through the earth. When stalking a mouse, Lostpaw, make sure your pawsteps are as light as clouds and that you don't step on twigs or leaf litter - and that your fur doesn't brush any ferns or bushes.''

Dovedance had pinpointed the mouse and gestured to the bush it hid behind with her muzzle.

''See if you can catch it.''

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
Old January 9th, 2024, 09:27 AM
Frostfire

Quote:

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

______

Dovedance gave a soft purr. ''Good job! And yes, that is a mouse you picked up.''

''They usually smell sweet, and have a sweet taste,'' The warrior explained. ''But, they can feel vibrations through the earth. When stalking a mouse, Lostpaw, make sure your pawsteps are as light as clouds and that you don't step on twigs or leaf litter - and that your fur doesn't brush any ferns or bushes.''

Dovedance had pinpointed the mouse and gestured to the bush it hid behind with her muzzle.

''See if you can catch it.''
LostPaw

lostpaw took a deep breath. "okay..." she looked scared now. The last thing she tried to catch she bit her paw real bad. she then dropped into the crouch and started forward her body slightly shivering as she wiggled a bit. she then leaped her paws skidding across the forest floor and she missed. the mouse scurryed away and she gave chase. "I got it!" she sounded upset- she was messing up so bad! she then leaped again from her run and landed on the mouse. and just then she fell to her side and the mouse escaped. "Fox-dung!" she hissed.

((cant have her catch anything y e t owo))
WindClan- N/A
Dark forest- N/A