Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default adopting out sweetbriar!

sweetbriar
16m
shadowclan warrior
she/her afab
"gray and cream she-cat with white patches and long fur"
as much as i liked the concept of her, i unfortunately just can't find myself enjoying roleplaying her! it feels wrong to let her stagnate in my care, so i'm going to be adopting her out!

the best way i can describe her is a sarcastic, snarky but good-meaning lass who enjoys the smaller things in life and loves to jokingly bully her friends. she often has friendly roast battles with her friends!

i'm looking for someone who'll really give her the love she deserves, since she's rushingpaw's (@/dust 's character) sister! they have a good relationship like sweetbriar showing him a bunch of sneaky ways out of camp etc.

no forum, just tell me what ideas you've got for the character!

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old October 27th, 2023, 08:11 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: adopting out sweetbriar!

I do not know what to say but I do what I do because I'm new but I do like her
Old October 27th, 2023, 08:24 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Exclamation sweet(not-so-sweet)briar

[ @redshiftreign - enjoy <: ]
i sure did, writing this was too much fun pffff

Bite
Derivakat, Yuki, Cartain
───⚪─────────

⇆   ◁  ❚❚  ▷  ↻

Darling, dance with me,
This waltz of death 'til morning.

I'll be super honest; at the moment, I am entirely unsure how to start this post or how to end it. Mayhaps an info dump? Plot ideas? Who knows, because right now I'm just letting my fingers type out the first thing that comes to mind. Soooo, this will probably be very sloppy and all-over-the-place scrambled.

In darkness we hide, just turn to the side.

First thing's first; Despite her name... Well, lets just say Sweetbriar isn't the... sweetest you'd ever meet. I mean, sure, treat her accordingly and you'll get along just fine, but there's an undercurrent of fiery fierceness there. You wanna mess with fire?, then deal with the aftereffects. A standalone, daredevil of a warrior, both bark and bite. She would probably not back down from a fight, nor any dare. 'Course, she'd likely attempt to smack anyone upside the head if they tell her to commit any atrocities against ShadowClan. That devil-may-care personality can only go so far, especially since Sweetbriar still holds a high level of loyalty to her Clan.

Drawn to you, like you're drawn to me.

While Sweetbriar's loyalty is not easily earned, once invested, it may last a lifetime. Unless she's betrayed, and in that case... well, only roleplay can further that line of thought. Anyway, Sweetbriar's relationship with Rushingpaw is something I'd love to explore farther. Do they fully share blood? The same father and mother? Or are they half-siblings? Whatever the case, in her own way, Sweetbriar will care deeply for her younger brother. Anyone who offends him seriously will likely face her wrath. Just, in general, that slightly nosy older sibling who scrutinizes you and yet at the same time would protect you from all harm.

'Til death do us part,

A friend group, or rivals, or relatives, or cousins. I fully plan on extending and working on Sweetbriar's relations. :0 I'd love to eventually put up a finder for her and see how she develops and fares with others within and outside her Clan.

A taste of immortality.

Plots, plots...
plots??

A World Turned Upsidedown
(Required: Sweetbriar -> Bilingual Purrk T1 / Other Cat -> Beefed Up T2)

Ever the daring, one fateful night, Sweetbriar awakens (or perhaps she is already guarding ShadowClan's entrance with a friend) when she hears a lynx's yowl. Dangerous, dangerous beasts, but on a whim, Sweetbriar and her companion set off together to find the lynx that's entered ShadowClan's territory and be rid of it (or to pinpoint it's location to warn Dawnstar), because what else are guards for? Somewhere along the way, the pair separate, and Sweetbriar finds the lynx on her own. She knows, just then, that she cannot fight it alone; It would be foolhardy to even try. Except, her sneaking away back the way she'd come to warn the Clan doesn't go as to plan. The lynx spots her... and it talks. Talks.

Yes, it's broken words and mostly grumbles, but... speech nonetheless. That's probably the first time Sweetbriar has ever felt overwhelming panic, because... that should not be normal. She'd never heard of anyone being able to understand a creature so much more larger than them.

Of course, just because she can talk to it does not mean it lacks hostility. In this brief few moments of panic... well, Sweetbriar is stunned enough to let down her guard, and she gets attacked.

Long story short, this takes place, and it remains at the back of Sweetbriar's mind. She's saved from the lynx, of course, either by whoever had been her guard companion or another random cat that'll be picked later, but here we go. Anyway, Sweetbriar doesn't forget how she had been able to communicate with the lynx, nor does she particularly feel like telling anyone just yet.

It's haunting me, it's taunting me.

A Coyote's Beckoning
(Required: Sweetbriar -> Bilingual Purrk T3)
This one is more of a w.i.p/placeholder plot idea

It's not long before Sweetbriar has to admit to herself that understanding that lynx had not been a one-time thing. It had not been chance. Not at all. With the recent influx of coyotes roaming ShadowClan lands, it isn't long until Sweetbriar is set on a patrol to hunt a couple down. By this time, Sweetbriar has convinced herself that the conversation with the lynx had been a fluke. She'd been tired that day. Sleepy. Not thinking straight. She'd been injured, had lost blood. She'd imagined it, right?

Except, imagine her horrification when she's found herself once again separated from her patrolmates, except this time she's trapped, and is entirely able to understand the conversation a couple coyote's are having between themselves.

So look in my eyes, just let me inside.
Make me come alive, will you let me bite?

Laaast thing, I swear. It's not that important, but considering her physical aspect, I'm a bit (too much) obsessed with heterochromia, so I might make Sweetbriar's right eye a blue or a green. Yup, that's about it. I.... think? Not sure... Well, unless I go on raving about how pretty Sweetbriar's design is But aside from how much I adore her design and your art, voila, that is all from me. :3 Ifff you have questions or feedback, let me know aaaaah !!!

jumbled kat thought-process at night stuff (w.i.p)

- wendigo’s song purrk ;; Loving the idea of a mimic cat (siren cat??)
- silver tongue (maybe?) or (for a more unique aspect) bilingual purrk ?? There is a lynx plot going on in shadowclan… I could imagine sweetbriar daring enough to approach a lynx and talk to it, probably
- find more relations ,, whether friendships (a friend group???) or rivalries or admirers or downright cats for her to utterly despise, whoops
- maybe give her heterochromia ? Left eye amber; right eye green (to match Rushing’s eye color?). Preferably right eye to be blue though, since I have amber-eyed and green-eyed shadowclanners already. huh, why have I not had a blue-eyed shadowclan cat, that’s odd :squint:
- rahhhhh her design is so pretttttyyyy and her nameeee . Half-asleep kat has taken over the keyboard. Nom. nom nom . Eating Sweet’s design as we speak.
- are sweetbriar and .

Sweetbriar
She/Her | The Siren
Wendigo's Song & Bilingual (T1) Purrk

Wendigo's Song
Your cat has been practicing their vocals, and can now convincingly mimic the voice of a cat they've met!

Bilingual (T1)
Your cat has adapted to the grunts and growls of certain predators, and has learned to interpret it into simple words and phrases. If a Clan cat, they have a rudimentary understanding of cougar and lynx noises. If a kittypet or outsider, they have a basic idea of what the dog is barking and snarling. Unfortunately, your cat hasn't learned how to communicate back, and cannot hold a conversation with these animals.

Last edited by Rose; October 29th, 2023 at 08:43 PM. Reason: the answer is pi
Old October 28th, 2023, 06:41 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: adopting out sweetbriar!

… staring in temptation

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old October 29th, 2023, 08:54 PM
ruler of everything

Default Re: sweet(not-so-sweet)briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
[ @redshiftreign - enjoy <: ]
i sure did, writing this was too much fun pffff

Bite
Derivakat, Yuki, Cartain
───⚪─────────

⇆   ◁  ❚❚  ▷  ↻

Darling, dance with me,
This waltz of death 'til morning.

I'll be super honest; at the moment, I am entirely unsure how to start this post or how to end it. Mayhaps an info dump? Plot ideas? Who knows, because right now I'm just letting my fingers type out the first thing that comes to mind. Soooo, this will probably be very sloppy and all-over-the-place scrambled.

In darkness we hide, just turn to the side.

First thing's first; Despite her name... Well, lets just say Sweetbriar isn't the... sweetest you'd ever meet. I mean, sure, treat her accordingly and you'll get along just fine, but there's an undercurrent of fiery fierceness there. You wanna mess with fire?, then deal with the aftereffects. A standalone, daredevil of a warrior, both bark and bite. She would probably not back down from a fight, nor any dare. 'Course, she'd likely attempt to smack anyone upside the head if they tell her to commit any atrocities against ShadowClan. That devil-may-care personality can only go so far, especially since Sweetbriar still holds a high level of loyalty to her Clan.

Drawn to you, like you're drawn to me.

While Sweetbriar's loyalty is not easily earned, once invested, it may last a lifetime. Unless she's betrayed, and in that case... well, only roleplay can further that line of thought. Anyway, Sweetbriar's relationship with Rushingpaw is something I'd love to explore farther. Do they fully share blood? The same father and mother? Or are they half-siblings? Whatever the case, in her own way, Sweetbriar will care deeply for her younger brother. Anyone who offends him seriously will likely face her wrath. Just, in general, that slightly nosy older sibling who scrutinizes you and yet at the same time would protect you from all harm.

'Til death do us part,

A friend group, or rivals, or relatives, or cousins. I fully plan on extending and working on Sweetbriar's relations. :0 I'd love to eventually put up a finder for her and see how she develops and fares with others within and outside her Clan. :heartbounce:

A taste of immortality.

Plots, plots...
plots??

A World Turned Upsidedown
(Required: Sweetbriar -> Bilingual Purrk T1 / Other Cat -> Beefed Up T2)

Ever the daring, one fateful night, Sweetbriar awakens (or perhaps she is already guarding ShadowClan's entrance with a friend) when she hears a lynx's yowl. Dangerous, dangerous beasts, but on a whim, Sweetbriar and her companion set off together to find the lynx that's entered ShadowClan's territory and be rid of it (or to pinpoint it's location to warn Dawnstar), because what else are guards for? Somewhere along the way, the pair separate, and Sweetbriar finds the lynx on her own. She knows, just then, that she cannot fight it alone; It would be foolhardy to even try. Except, her sneaking away back the way she'd come to warn the Clan doesn't go as to plan. The lynx spots her... and it talks. Talks.

Yes, it's broken words and mostly grumbles, but... speech nonetheless. That's probably the first time Sweetbriar has ever felt overwhelming panic, because... that should not be normal. She'd never heard of anyone being able to understand a creature so much more larger than them.

Of course, just because she can talk to it does not mean it lacks hostility. In this brief few moments of panic... well, Sweetbriar is stunned enough to let down her guard, and she gets attacked.

Long story short, this takes place, and it remains at the back of Sweetbriar's mind. She's saved from the lynx, of course, either by whoever had been her guard companion or another random cat that'll be picked later, but here we go. Anyway, Sweetbriar doesn't forget how she had been able to communicate with the lynx, nor does she particularly feel like telling anyone just yet.

It's haunting me, it's taunting me.

A Coyote's Beckoning
(Required: Sweetbriar -> Bilingual Purrk T3)
This one is more of a w.i.p/placeholder plot idea

It's not long before Sweetbriar has to admit to herself that understanding that lynx had not been a one-time thing. It had not been chance. Not at all. With the recent influx of coyotes roaming ShadowClan lands, it isn't long until Sweetbriar is set on a patrol to hunt a couple down. By this time, Sweetbriar has convinced herself that the conversation with the lynx had been a fluke. She'd been tired that day. Sleepy. Not thinking straight. She'd been injured, had lost blood. She'd imagined it, right?

Except, imagine her horrification when she's found herself once again separated from her patrolmates, except this time she's trapped, and is entirely able to understand the conversation a couple coyote's are having between themselves.

So look in my eyes, just let me inside.
Make me come alive, will you let me bite?

Laaast thing, I swear. It's not that important, but considering her physical aspect, I'm a bit (too much) obsessed with heterochromia, so I might make Sweetbriar's right eye a blue or a green. Yup, that's about it. I.... think? Not sure... Well, unless I go on raving about how pretty Sweetbriar's design is :rofl: But aside from how much I adore her design and your art, voila, that is all from me. :3 Ifff you have questions or feedback, let me know aaaaah !!!

jumbled kat thought-process at night stuff (w.i.p)

- wendigo’s song purrk ;; Loving the idea of a mimic cat (siren cat??)
- silver tongue (maybe?) or (for a more unique aspect) bilingual purrk ?? There is a lynx plot going on in shadowclan… I could imagine sweetbriar daring enough to approach a lynx and talk to it, probably
- find more relations ,, whether friendships (a friend group???) or rivalries or admirers or downright cats for her to utterly despise, whoops
- maybe give her heterochromia ? Left eye amber; right eye green (to match Rushing’s eye color?). Preferably right eye to be blue though, since I have amber-eyed and green-eyed shadowclanners already. huh, why have I not had a blue-eyed shadowclan cat, that’s odd :squint:
- rahhhhh her design is so pretttttyyyy and her nameeee . Half-asleep kat has taken over the keyboard. Nom. nom nom . Eating Sweet’s design as we speak.
- are sweetbriar and .

Sweetbriar
She/Her | The Siren
Wendigo's Song & Bilingual (T1) Purrk

Wendigo's Song
Your cat has been practicing their vocals, and can now convincingly mimic the voice of a cat they've met!

Bilingual (T1)
Your cat has adapted to the grunts and growls of certain predators, and has learned to interpret it into simple words and phrases. If a Clan cat, they have a rudimentary understanding of cougar and lynx noises. If a kittypet or outsider, they have a basic idea of what the dog is barking and snarling. Unfortunately, your cat hasn't learned how to communicate back, and cannot hold a conversation with these animals.

whhhat hello?? this is so perfect. let me do her punishment patrol first so you don't gotta worry about it and i can send her your way! i can't wait to read all your roleplays with her omg >:)

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old October 29th, 2023, 10:14 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshiftreign View Post

whhhat hello?? this is so perfect. let me do her punishment patrol first so you don't gotta worry about it and i can send her your way! i can't wait to read all your roleplays with her omg >
I apparently have a bad habit of adopting just all shadowclan cats who ever get put out for adoption …no regrets whatsoever tho aah, i cannot wait to roleplay her
though, if it’s easier for you (and if you’d prefer) i can do her patrol punishment tbh, that’s completely fine by me!! It’d help me get a better grip on her character/personality

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old October 29th, 2023, 10:17 PM
ruler of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
I apparently have a bad habit of adopting just all shadowclan cats who ever get put out for adoption …no regrets whatsoever tho aah, i cannot wait to roleplay her
though, if it’s easier for you (and if you’d prefer) i can do her patrol punishment tbh, that’s completely fine by me!! It’d help me get a better grip on her character/personality
honestly that'd be great because as much as i adore her, roleplaying her has been so?? difficult for me? i think i went a smidge too far out of my 'normal' in making her, so i'm glad you love her!!

oh, and when you decide on eye colour, idm updating her header to match!

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old October 29th, 2023, 10:21 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshiftreign View Post
honestly that'd be great because as much as i adore her, roleplaying her has been so?? difficult for me? i think i went a smidge too far out of my 'normal' in making her, so i'm glad you love her!!

oh, and when you decide on eye colour, idm updating her header to match!
Oh yeah, totally! Absolutely no worries there, I understand. I’ll get her to do that first thing tomorrow ^^
For the eyes, I shall lyk if I do decide on swapping anything

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.