by Mica
Last post by Mica
Today 03:07 PM

Old June 3rd, 2024, 11:09 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: call me when you need me!
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default FIND-IT-ALL ☆ SALAMANDERKIT

HEY EVERYONE! SALAMANDERKIT has landed in RIVERCLAN and I'm looking to see who I can get involved in this critter's life and whose lives can stand to be interrupted by a noisy speckled guttersnipe.
APPEARANCE
Salamanderkit is a stocky little calico with a thick, shaggy pelt and mismatched eyes (yellow right/blue left). She'll never grow to be a very tall cat, and she's certainly never going to be winning any races, but her wild coat and dense build will give her a formidable appearance and solid defense in battle someday...right now, though, it's all just baby fat and kit-fuzz.
STARTING PERSONALITY
This boisterous, hard-headed tangle of frizz has a big personality crammed into a bite-sized package. She's highly opinionated (and won't let knowing next to nothing about the world stop her!), incurably silly, and prone to getting underfoot when it's least convenient. Salamanderkit has one setting (ON) and one speed (FAST....ish) only, and it's rare to see her deviate from this. Her good moods are wildfires and her bad ones are thunderstorms; it's gnarly weather all the way down.

Salamanderkit has no idea what a handful she is. She doesn't understand that she is very, very loud, she hasn't learned to be mindful of others' space, doesn't really 'get' the whole 'empathy' thing, and she has a hard time understanding how to be fair
and conscious of her clanmates. She HATES waiting her turn!

This is a deeply self-centered and overwhelming little lady, but she's young! There is plenty of time for her to learn how to be kinder and more conscientious....just as there's plenty of time for her bad habits to go unchecked and/or be enabled.

The general plan for Salamander is for her to grow into someone a tad cynical and a little bit crooked. She'll mellow out some; still hyperactive and hard to keep up with, but all that messy energy will refine and sharpen to a point someday. She's terminally silly and bright, but her humor will darken with age, and she'll pick up sarcasm like something infectious once she's older.

She's going to be something of a lifelong troublemaker, but whether she winds up being the kind of cat who would bend the rules for the sake of others or the kind who lives only for her own benefit is up in the air. Salamander could grow into someone truly kind at heart, but she'd also be very easy to send reeling down an ugly path.
SEEKING
I'm looking for anyone interested in being this kid's FRIEND, her ENEMY, her KIN, or a (figurative!) MENTOR for her to look up to.
There's a little bit of explanation and guidance under the spoiler if you'd like an idea of how our characters might interact, and that's also where I'm gonna keep track of any family members she scores through here (& eventually I'll give her a proper bio in the proper place but not today!)

A lot of what Salamander gets up to right now won't have very heavy stakes, and any serious plotting is going to have to be slow-going, but I'm game to lay some good groundwork for future fun. In that same vein, I'm not plotting anything romantic for her for a good long while.

FRIENDS !
Salamanderkit will attach herself at the hip to all sorts of characters. If your character is softer, timid, or more on the sensitive side then their relationship with Salamander might be a little rocky; there could be a potential for them to grow and learn together to communicate feelings & boundaries—or there could be the potential for a messy falling out later on down the line. Salamanderkit could be great for coaxing quiet characters out of their shells, dragging them into mischief they wouldn't otherwise instigate by themselves, hyping up her buddies and protecting them from bullies, but she could also wind up being a bit of a bad influence to them or even become a little bully herself if left unchecked.

If your character's a little more outgoing, thickskinned, and rough 'n tumble, then they'll get on with Salamander like a house on fire. This would be a viable set-up for a friendly rivalry or a frenemies situation, since she's a competitive little thing, or they could go the Good Vibes Only route and just be two hellraising peas in a pod together.

BEAVERKIT @IDIOTICBEAN101
STARRYKIT @Wingnettle
ELDERKIT @Estelle

ENEMIES !
Salamanderkit is pretty easy to dislike and can be quick to dislike others. From simple misunderstandings blossoming into longlasting grudges to genuine loathing at first sight, there's plenty of ways one could hate or be hated by this character, and a negative relationship now could easily escalate to something far nastier later on down the line.

When Salamanderkit really doesn't like someone, she's petty about it. She could frame your character for something (within reeeaaaason of course), plant something nasty in their nest, or just resort to some typical namecalling and garden variety bullying. She may even devote herself to becoming their ULTIMATE ARCHNEMESIS when they're older. If you have a character who wouldn't take a lick of this disrespect lying down, you're welcome to plot some fitting retribution!

FAMILY !
If you have room for this hellion in your family tree then by all means, come get her. Adoptive or biological, immediate or extended, in Riverclan or outside of it—I'm down for whatever.
I imagine Salamander to be the type who cherishes her immediate family to a fault, believes none of them can do any wrong, and is also the kind of annoying sister who would steal all your clothes and invite herself into your room to bother you every twenty minutes (so to speak).

For reference, Salamanderkit has started at one moon old and will be aging one moon per two weeks.

PARENT(S): TINYTOAD @Desert Rain Frog - MOTHER (mtf she-cat seeking a mate [who would be salamander's other parent]; mostly interested in other she-cats)

LITTERMATES:
OTHER SIBLINGS:
BROKENSTREAM @@leopardheart00 - OLDER BROTHER

EXTENDED/ADDITIONAL FAMILY:

(FIGURATIVE) MENTORS !
If all goes well (and it! Might!! Not!), Salamanderkit will become an apprentice sometime in early August. That's a way's away, so I'm not gonna try and pin down a future official mentor for her just yet.

In the meantime, though, if you play an older character and you're interested in having Salamanderkit look up to them as a figurative mentor, this can easily be done! She would quickly idolize anyone charismatic and outgoing, be in total awe of any powerful fighters or big baddies that gave her the time of day, and she can even find an appreciation for any quieter or more studious characters, too. Whether you're a positive role model or a bad influence, there'd be no escaping this kid.

FLOWERHEART @---Bluestar---
WISTERIAWREN @Rose
BEARSNOUT @chickadee
APPLYING
I don't have any forms for y'all to fill out, just show me what you got in as many or as few words as you please, and be sure to let me know what kind of dynamic you'd like our characters to have (and if you've got any future plots in mind that you'd like Salamander to be a part of).

Thank you all for your time!

Last edited by kenjaku; June 5th, 2024 at 02:37 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2024, 11:16 PM

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: FIND-IT-ALL ☆ SALAMANDERKIT

Beaverkit-He/Him
APPLYING FOR:
Friend!

Say how to Beaverkit! He's a more timid little guy, who honestly just wants approval.
He can become more bold if the cats around him influence him to be so, but will go back to his usual personality once everything calms down.
He always gets a bit more cheerful when someone compliments him or gives him some kind of approval, especially warriors.
He hasn't made any friends yet, so he'd probably get attached to Salamanderkit real fast, even if he'd be a but thrown off by her personality at first.

@kenjaku

Witheredstar is the current leader of SunClan, she has an open den policy!
Join SunClan!

PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan)
Silver Tongue-Oleanderkit(ThunderClan)
Old June 4th, 2024, 12:50 AM

YESSSS BEAVERKIT!!!! i am so down with this, beav is such a sweetheart :"] i could see her picking him out at random (prob even in the evacuation practice thread Right Now) and just deciding. Okay This Is My Little Guy For Now Everybody Make Way

she'd totally want to push him to be a little more bold, might treat him like an Interesting Specimen—"what makes this shy kit tick? what's his deal? why's he always revert back to timid when all's said and done? how do i get up in his space to figure all this out without scaring him off for good?"

100% friends

@IDIOTICBEAN101
Old June 4th, 2024, 12:54 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever im avalible
My Mood: Thinking

Flowerheart is a kind and caring cat genital with kits and will protect her friends with her life and she loves flowers ( her pick is in my album I couldn't upload it)
Old June 4th, 2024, 02:13 AM

ohohoho >:3 kind and caring are definitely good qualities to bring, but it's also gonna encourage salamander to try and push poor flowerhearts buttons just to see if she doesn't secretly have some fangs under her sweetness

& i'm also imagining salamander digging up clumps of weeds and presenting them to flowerheart. 'BEHOLD. TAKE.'

she will be a cherished Older Cat To Follow Around And Bother for sure

@---Bluestar---
Old June 4th, 2024, 05:09 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever im avalible
My Mood: Thinking

YAYYYYYYY
Old June 4th, 2024, 06:05 AM

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjaku View Post
YESSSS BEAVERKIT!!!! i am so down with this, beav is such a sweetheart :"] i could see her picking him out at random (prob even in the evacuation practice thread Right Now) and just deciding. Okay This Is My Little Guy For Now Everybody Make Way

she'd totally want to push him to be a little more bold, might treat him like an Interesting Specimen—"what makes this shy kit tick? what's his deal? why's he always revert back to timid when all's said and done? how do i get up in his space to figure all this out without scaring him off for good?"

100% friends

@IDIOTICBEAN101
YIPEEE
Okay, thank you!

Witheredstar is the current leader of SunClan, she has an open den policy!
Join SunClan!

PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan)
Silver Tongue-Oleanderkit(ThunderClan)
Old June 4th, 2024, 06:13 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Applying for - FRIEND/ADOPTIVE FAMILY

Meet Deerspark, an overall anxious but very devoted tom.

LOOKS: Very tall and lengthy. He's boney, to the point of which many could probably snap him right in half. He has a sandy pelt and sage eyes. He has a stub tail (born with it) and a few scars around his shoulders and one on his bottom lip or lower muzzle. He has a darker brown cape and a white underbelly. His not particularly fluffy, in fact he's quite shorthaired. That is, until the cold comes in, then this guy blows up.

PERSONALLY: Deerspark cannot communicate as well as he wished he could. He can talk, yes, but he often drags out his words into run-on sentences or leaves them too short. His social awkwardness hasn't gotten any better over the years. He only speaks "properly" when he really, REALLY has to. Regardless of any anxiety beneath his pelt, he's a hard worker, worried about being left behind. He views the whole clan as family and believes they should be treated and respected as such. Since he's lacking in the muscles department, he often uses his surroundings against his opponents, be it throwing rocks or tossing up sand. It's hard for him to crawl out of his shell, but once he does he's a cocky (playfully) and sarcastic mess with a geeky love for moths of all shapes and sizes and colors. He's also very competitive. He certainly will not shut up once a cat finally befriends him. He also thinks a lot, often wrapped inside his own thoughts and ideas.

WHY FAMILY?: After the loss of his mate, Tadpolesprint, and the sudden disappearance of his adopted child, Otterkit, he's found himself in a hole he can't dig himself out of. He thought he'd found his people, but just when he thought he was safe they got up and left. So, I can see Deerspark trying to take Salamanderkit under his wing--- or hoof, in this case. He might not do with mindfully, but it might be something instinctive since he isn't the best at socializing.

DYNAMIC: I feel like Salamanderkit would view him as a bit soft, like a big ol baby, while Deerspark's like "I better calm this child before she burns this forest down." In other words, Salamanderkit cannot take him seriously while Deerspark is doing all he can to be a good influence on this very odd kit.

@kenjaku

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old June 4th, 2024, 07:06 AM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

i can toss up bearsnout for mentor/just someone for her to look up to!

here’s a super long personality thingy that i copy and pasted from a finder lol

Bearsnout is a very traditional and classic RiverClan cat. He takes great pride in the Clan he grew up in, and like many considers it the best Clan. With this devotion and dedication to RiverClan comes a strong work ethic. Bearsnout is always trying to make himself useful and "earn his keep" within the Clan. He's very active in Clan and events and frequently volunteers for whatever needs to get done in the Clan. Bearsnout feels very passionate towards RiverClan and hopes to help the Clan remain strong and rise up from the mess it's currently been in. Despite his commitments, he still tries his best to make time for family and friends.

Bearsnout is a very friendly and charasmatic tom. He gets a long pretty easily with others, and is pretty laid back, although he can get quite competitive and secretly very prideful in himself, although he tries not to be vocal about it or let it show.

Bearsnout is super big on family and friends! He grew up as the oldest of his litter mates, and is a pretty natural and confident leader, and good at making decisions. He's extremely loyal, and a bit protective. He often worries about those he's close to, and is constantly the having to remind himself that they can take care of themselves, they're warriors after all. He's a big sweetheart and super affectionate with others, often giving "Bear Hugs" (or atleast the closest a cat can get to hugging).

Bearsnout is good listener and loves to be helpful and of service. Devoted to his family and friends, Bearsnout often tries to just flat out "fix" their problems or atleast attempt to, as he wants to make them happy and see them smile.

Bearsnout is pretty optimistic and open-minded in most situations, but he understands that there's a time to be serious and think rationally, not optimisticly.

He's not often easily angered, and whatnot, however due to his strong emphasis on loyalty, he tends to hold grudges on those who break his trust. He definitely also gets angered at those who harm his family, friends, or Clan. RiverClan is extremely important to him, so those who make an enemy out of RiverClan, make an enemy out of Bearsnout too. (Which is pretty much everybody because everybody hates RC rn lol)

Growing up in a pretty traditional family, Bearsnout is also very devoted to StarClan, and is a firm believer in what his ancestors say or do, which may be part of the reason he has so much faith in RiverClan despite all the current circumstances.

The oldest of his siblings, Bearsnout is also a natural with kids and absolutely lives kits and apprentices and is a great older brother figure for the kiddos of RiverClan. He loves playing with them and hearing all the crazy things they can come up with.

bearsnout would just be like a big brother or even father figure to salamander, and just a fun guy to hang out with, providing badger rides or stories or kit curriculum lessons. even if he doesn’t end up being an actual mentor to salamanderkit he’d just be a suporotive and fun older figure over all

… I’ll maybe add more later im currently v distracted rn lol

also i just like wholesome fluff roleplays haha
(bonus points for bearsnout soon to be lionheart lol)
@kenjaku

Last edited by chickadee; June 4th, 2024 at 10:42 PM.
Old June 4th, 2024, 03:23 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

@kenjaku

I'll be having soon a Starrykit in Rc! They could be friends, but would work best with the aid of her sister Elderkit ( @Estelle ) since Starry is too shy to make the first moves. It would be great to have Salamander play with these kits (1 moons old) as soon as they get a bit older!