View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2024, 08:23 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Too late, too early [p]

Larkthroat
Starclan Queen | She/Her | 25 Moons at death
World Weaver T2 | Previously Windclan

No. NononononoNO!

The thought had been running through Larkthroats head on loop since that witch of a cat had ripped out her throat. It'd been slow healing, if it could even be counted as that as Larkthroat had been forced to crawl her way out of that accursed lake gasping wet and scared from a second death. It'd been like drowning, in her blood, in the lake, in her rage, and that mightve hindered the struggling movements of the queen to haul herself out. Not like she ever knew how to swim anyways.

But still, by the time the molly had struggled to coherency and her paws to look back down on the clans it'd been too late. Horribly horribly too late.
Cowtuft was exiled, blamed for the herbs when Larkthroat knew it was a dark figure that lurked in the clan who did it not him. The clan was shattered, devastated, and Lightningstorm was more so then anyone. The long gone queen didnt even feel betrayed at the clans lack of faith in starclan now, how could they know they were not abandoned when starclan had not been able to stop this betrayal of Cowtuft and the clan.

How could Larkthroat not save her kin.

A sob tore its way out of the mollys throat watching the cow print tom leaving his home, watching the resulting pain from everyone and for a time she just sat there, watching and sobbing as she derided herself for ever thinking she could make a difference. She was just a silly queen who hadnt even reached 30 and her biggest claim to life was a son she never even got to raise, not someone important enough to make a difference.

But.... But she'd be worse then the cats she derided if she gave up. If she went silent on Lightningstorm and let her believe all in starclan turned their back. This.... This wasnt Larkthroats fault but that thunderclan rat's and that she tried to stop Larkthroat was a sign the queen was right.

Giving up wasnt allowed, Larkthroat had to help.

The molly still looked like a wreck still but didnt slow a beat as she rose to her paws and pulled the fabric of the stars to her, shifting to a more isolated place in the night sky to prevent another interruption and snagged the sleeping mind of the medicine cat. She was hardly as put together as the last time, fur frazzled and still slightly damp, and eyes red as her breath shuddered but she still spoke as soon as Lightningstorm seemed able to hear her.
"Its alright! Its alright, youre safe I dont think she can reach us here. I- I am so so sorry I didnt know that'd happen that was.... Im so sorry." Im sorry I couldnt save Cowtuft, Im sorry you got hurt, Im sorry I didnt know how to stop that.

"A-are...... Are you alright?"
The question felt weak, but what else could Larkthroat say?

@Alchemist Kistune