View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:17 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Did he remember that? Yes, of course he did. Charmpelt could remember her lies quite well. But the fact that she thought he was going to fall for them again was laughable. How dare she think he was so stupid? He was much smarter then that now, and knew that she was trying to hurt him again. Except, she couldn't have the opportunity, because he knew how to avoid getting hurt this time. "Oh, love..." His voice trailed off on the word, sounding almost pitying as he leaned forward for a moment, his nose nearly across the border, his whiskers quivering with anger now, any sign that he had previously been emotionless now gone from his body. "Of course I remember." The words were murmured so tenderly, so condescendingly, that he wasn't quite sure it was even him speaking anymore. It didn't sound like him. This wasn't Charmpelt at all, but it was now... now he was different. Now he felt like he was stronger, better, somehow.

"I remember your lies, and you leading me on... it's funny, really! Here I was thinking I was the winner in all of this, but you're such a good ShadowClanner that you found a way to beat me at my own game! So again... job well done, Shiverlight." Charmpelt mewed, his tail twitching back and forth, his voice growing more and more agitated and out of that tender state the more he spoke and he jerked back on the last word, leaving it in a snarl. He couldn't believe this. Here he was, thinking that perhaps he could actually just walk away without more pain, but she was rubbing it in! There was no way that she would be with a tom she didn't at least have some feelings for! Shiverlight? The hard-headed, venemous molly that he had fallen for? If she were the same cat, there was no way that she would have done this. She was too smart to be tricked, and she was too strong-willed to be blackmailed. There was no way that she hadn't - that she didn't - love this cat at all.

The tom almost wanted to laugh when she challenged his perception of the story. Did she seriously think that they could fix this? Did she honestly believe that things could go back to the way that they were, that they could even be seen together again? Charmpelt knew he had gotten too close, and that was how he had messed things up. "Oh, but it is how our story goes. You want to hear it?" He asked, getting ready to go into another rant, but stopping abruptly at her final words. She was saving them? "But you didn't save us. You destroyed us." Now the anger was replaced with heartache, stronger, back as it had been before. And it hurt more then anything else Charmpelt had ever experienced.

"You want to know what you did to me, Shiverlight? You broke my heart. I thought you were going to fall for me, I thought this was going to be over as soon as I got you to fall for me, but I was wrong. You know what else you did? You made me do something I haven't done in... moons. You made me fall in love. I don't know what's worse, ShadowClanner - knowing you have love, but that the other might not feel the same way... or knowing that they do - did - but that you can never be together. What do you think, hm?"

Charmpelt knew their story was almost over. This was how it ended. It was supposed to be the popular guy got the pretty girl. It was supposed to have been the forbidden romance that lasted forever, that ended in perfection. And it was supposed to be the love story of the century. But that wasn't how their story was going to end, oh no. Instead it was how too many stories ended... with heartbreak, and betrayal, and a gut-wrenching sadness that came from deep within the other cat. That was how their story was to end. And Charmpelt just didn't know why he hadn't seen it all along.

Good at being a shadowclanner? What does that mean?! He's attacking my clan now, how low of a fish breathed riverclan cat! she looked frustrated but no words came out she only stood with her tail raised flagging in the wind and her claws flexing in their place. The word love made her tail curl and her stomach flip completely. Mocking me now? Is that how low he's stooped? a hiss rolled off her tongue but her whiskers twitched with amusment flicking her ears back. Not the only one who can get up in my face! she leaned closer to him feeling hepis breath on her muzzle before he pulled away, the sensation of being so close fading, she almost seemed to miss it. Her disappointment spreading across her face than returning in a fluster of anger, the feeling of the secret relationship stung like crazy now that she had only a taste. Even if the movement it had been in vain, she still missed the sound of his breathing so close, his whiskers nearly brushing hers. She flicked her ears and recoiled from the border as he pulled away. Such foolish feelings.

"You think your so smart, charmpelt?" she was genuinely asking now. Perhaps it was just her thinking she was right or maybe she just couldn't see wether or not she was being unreasonable. Her tail curled again by her side than began to slowly lash, "your trying to make me feel bad when you think I've bested you at your own game? Was it not your plan to dump me like those other fuzz brained she cats? All those admirers huh, you could have chosen anybody" she spat her hackles easing as memories flashed in her gaze. "Perhaps your not hearing me clearly, I tried to get rid of you I really did. In the start and than I found something just so- irritable about you that I couldn't leave alone" she said with a loud hiss that rumbled from her throat. "I did really love you, now you push me away when I tried to ensure we weren't caught?" she said her emotions cracking her voice to crack with pain. She looked over her shoulder back at the pine trees looming just over the hill. Her problems would be left here on the border if she abandon him to his own thoughts, though she couldn't really handle letting him slip through her paws.

She glanced back at him, her eyes blazing with anger yet her face holding a smirk. "you can be so irritating sometimes you know that?" she spat claws flexing and scraping over the snow and ice below her. She screwed up her face trying to block out his words, he's lying, you where saving us, you where! He's just the liar... He just can't see it! she pinned her ears to the back of her head again but stepped forward defiantly stepping over the border. "You think you've figured this out? Have you ever thought to consider what our discovery could have meant for both of us? We'd be driven from our clans tails between our legs!" she howled slamming her paw down into the snow sending a flurry of snowflakes into the air. "I was trying to be normal, to avoid discovery with an easy tom! Now I bear his kits I don't want!" she responded and venomous sting in her voice. "I wanted your kits charmepelt! I wanted yours more than anything! I wanted to use that stupid cat as cover! And I messed up..." she paused her voice cracking again and the defianc in her gaze dispearing.

Suddenly the sparkle in her eyes returned and she barked out harsh laughter. "Broke your heart? I was trying to keep is together and guess what... You misinterpreted what this was. He was cover... That's all he ever was to me" she said with an angered snarl spinning around to look away for a brief moment before shutting her eyes and turning back. "Perhaps it's hard for your small mind to wrap around, charmpelt, but I was in love with you and I didn't wanna break your heart. You think I'm the monster but you were going to turn around and do it to me first! Oh starclan forbid I repeat your previous actions!!" she shouted into his face before looking back over her shoulder and closed her eyes for a long moment than took another deepened breath.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord