past names - midnightkit, midnightpaw
affiliation - windclan
past affiliation(s) -
rank - warrior
past rank(s) - kit, apprentice
gender + birth sex - female afab
pronouns - she/her
age - 33 moons

personality - moody, quiet, polite, composed, calm, brave (to be added to)
quirks -
purrks -
notes -
voice claim - taylor swift
inspiration character/song/sterotype/etc: - midnight rain by taylor swift

allegiance desc - long furred blue-black and cream smoke tortie with green-blue eyes
detailed desc -
design notes - she has a cream crescent birthmark on her left lower shoulder
refs - BOOP

name | @user | relation | "thoughts"

positive
Lavenderhaze | @Nixey | Little Sister | "The only cat who I'm not afraid will leave me. I love her more than I love anything, and I will protect her from anything I can. No one will ever hurt her- and I'll do my best to ensure that."

neutral
Sunshine | @adoptable | Former Mate | "He was too nice. He was too golden for me, too bright. The sun deserves a bright sky to surround it, and I deserve the shadows. I miss him, but I can't give him what he wants, I'm not good enough for him. So because I love him, I'm going to leave him and continue to avoid him so he can live the life he deserves without being affected by... me."

negative
tba

"My town was a wasteland
full of cages, full of fences
pageant queens and big pretenders
but for some it was paradise"

Born to two WindClanners, Midnightkit had two littermates, Twilightkit and Starrykit, but they were both sickly and only lived to be about a week old. After being weaned, at only a few moons old, Midnight's mother moved out of the nursery and back to the warrior's den. Little Midnightkit had to learn to raise herself, and grew distrustful and moody from a young age, not having any friends and neither of her parents paid any attention to her except to take disciplinary actions or to make sure she was still alive. So, all in all, when it came to parenting, both her mom and dad did the bare minimum. Sometimes not even that.

Midnight grew up around the same time the ShadowClan invasion was, and was bullied relentlessly by ShadowClan apprentices who found the lonely little kit as a scapegoat for their pent up frustration. Only when she turned to apprenticeship did the sweet, shy little kit begin snapping back, and not long after, ShadowClan was driven out. But the effect was long lasting; Midnightpaw wasn't one to be messed with.

"My boy was a montage
slow motion love potion
jumping off things in the ocean"

Her first friend was a tom named Sunpaw, and true to his name, he was the brightest thing in her life. They grew close, even if while he was a popular golden boy who had friends galore and she was a gloomy, introverted loner, they hit it off and became the best of friends.

Midnightpaw's mother soon gave birth to a litter of kits with only one surviving daughter, Lavenderkit, and same as she did to Midnight, her mother neglected the kitten and moved out of the nursery as soon as possible, more focused on continuing the bloodline than actually caring for her kids. But there was one thing that was different this time around- Midnightpaw. She was both pressured by her parents and pressured by herself and her love for her new sister to take on a parenting role, practically raising Lavenderkit by herself, putting her love life and friendships and training at a hold to make sure no one messed with her sister. Midnightpaw tried to juggle it all- her growing crush on her best friend, her training, trying to win her parent's favor and raising her little sister all on her own.

"I broke his heart 'cause he was nice
He was sunshine I was midnight rain
He wanted it comfortable
I wanted that pain"

Becoming a warrior at 13 moons old alongside her best friend, Sunpaw and Midnightpaw became Sunshine and Midnightrain. They soon confessed their feelings for one another, and became mates. They would go on moonlit walks and even try their paw at swimming together, and everything was good. Lavenderpaw was an apprentice and Midnightrain continued to try and protect her sister, and even got an apprentice of her own, Heartpaw, and she and Sunshine were growing closer and closer. Until Sunshine revealed that he wanted to have kits, and not long after that, Heartpaw was killed in a border skirmish.

This marked her decline, and Midnightrain grieved her apprentice deeply, feeling like a failure as a mentor. She distanced herself from her few friends, and stopped trying to impress or win the favor and approval of her parents. Sunshine tried to be there for her, but he wanted to have kits and would ask her constantly out of youthful ignorance. One night, an argument was started with Midnightrain finally snapped, tearfully trying to explain to Sunshine that she didn't want to have kits, which Sunshine interpreted as her not loving him enough. They had a big fight, and in an emotional, despairing state, sobbing aloud about how she would never be enough for anyone and that he would never understand, Midnightrain ended the relationship and left him standing, shellshocked and heartbroken, in the territory, fleeing to the outskirts.

She didn't return until two days later, closed off and avoiding her former mate like he was the plague, and although he tried to talk to her and talk it out, she completely shut down, thinking that he was just trying to be nice, not understanding that someone could love her as much as he claimed to- not believing that she was lovable.

"So I peered through a window
A deep portal, time travel
All the love we unraveled
And the life I gave away"

Midnightrain now lives avoiding love, running from it because the heartbreak is still fresh. She sees Sunshine living his life like nothing had ever happened between them, and she tries to do the same, listening to her sister's life and love problems, trying to be the best big sister she can because her sister is the only one that she's not worried about leaving her.

monkey's paw - the vampire
cause: after a brush with death, midnightrain lays on her deathbed when she strikes a "deal with the devil" so to speak and survives the encounter, although she feels... different.

effects: heightened/intensified emotions, stronger (not beefed up though), seems to age slower than most (still can die of old age but has a more youthful appearance), body rejects most prey so she must convert to partial cannibalism, feels intense bloodlust at specific conditions (either at the taste/scent of blood or when it's rainy/super cold bc she was given the curse/wish in the rain/cold), sensitive to sunlight (the sunlight is harder on her eyes and she's more easily sunburned) and harder to injure (better reflexes, high pain tolerance)

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited by poppy; December 21st, 2023 at 10:58 PM.