I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Zoie's Hillside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post

@Celestial
@Arieson

Hi guys! Yes it is open, I'll go ahead and have Zoie interact with each of your characters!
I'll also add you to [this] tracker just so I can keep track of who Zoie is RPing with!

@Celestial

There wasn't much field to walk through in the winter as a light dusting of snow covered the ground. It wasn't as much as Zoie was used to, but less snow meant more possible prey. The barn that she resided in held plenty of mice for her to scrounge up, but the she-cat often grew tired of the predictable hunt. Her belly grumbled for a sparrow or a vole; though she was keen enough to know that the chances of capturing such prey were pretty slim in this weather. Still, the brown and beige feline padded on, letting the tall grass brush against her legs.

Up ahead, the road that snaked through the flatter part of the field, a loud rumbling could be heard, and Zoie glanced up just in time to see a car speed past. It's loud roaring shook the earth, and despite being far away, Zoie still tensed, muscles going rigid as she watch it blunder down the blacktop. It's sound could be heard fading away, and once again she continued her trot down the hill. Her mind began to wander to Twig, and what her son was up to. Had he been able to locate Reedtail? Was he joining RiverClan? The ache felt harder now, though Zoie swallowed the bile that had begun to rise in her throat.

"I'll still be here for him, no matter what," she promised herself, mumbling the words under her breath so they weren't loud enough for any possible eavesdropping ears. Her senses, however, picked up the scent of another feline. It wasn't uncommon that other loners, or even rogues, passed through. Most of them were friendly, and Zoie had no problem interacting with them. Curiously, she parted her jaws to draw in more of the scent. The stench of the exhaust from the car stung the roof of her mouth, and Zoie winced as she forced the disturbing smell to the side. Just underneath, barely detectible but growing stronger, was the scent of another cat. A tom, to be exact. Twig? she thought, a rush of excitement bouncing through her. Perhaps his scent had changed since his time away. Regardless, her paws were already moving quicker underneath her.

"Twig?!" Zoie called out, her voice hopeful as she broke into a rather fast run, eyes scanning the path ahead. Finally, her blue orbs locked onto a rather tall figure sauntering down the road, at a pace that told her he wasn't in too much of a hurry. Puzzled, the brown she-cat slowed her run, just trotting now as she neared the black path. As she got closer, it was apparent to her that this wasn't Twig. He was much bigger, and his pelt did not share the same brown color that made her son stand out. "Oh, my apologies," she called, in case she had startled the passerby. "I thought you were some cat I knew."

@Arieson

The harsh winter winds continued to batter the hillside, and it wasn't long before Zoie felt as though she were wading through water instead of walking freely on an open hill. With no real trees around, the wind had no stopping point as it barreled into the feline's side. Despite the warm rays of the sun, winter still had it's icy grip on the land, and it didn't take much longer before Zoie turned back around, deciding that her daily walk could wait until the breeze died down a bit.

She began to trot back towards her barn, brown fur fluffed up now that the gusts were coming at her from behind. "I can't wait until summer," she mumbled to herself, shaking her head in disappointment as she entered the barn. The familiar warmth wrapped her like a blanket, and her muscles relaxed at the feeling. With her eyes closed and guard dropped, Zoie let out a sigh and sat down, giving rest to her fatigued muscles.

The moment of serenity was quickly snatched away as it became apparent to her that she was not alone. Blue eyes snapping open, Zoie glanced around, quickly leaping to her feet. An unfamiliar smell had hit her nose, and she swung her head around to uncover the other figure. "Oh, hello," she called, relaxing a bit as she realized it was another cat. A smile graced her brown face, and she padded over to Ashes, dipping her head. "My name is Zoie. Are you lost?"
Krake lofted his head and perked his ears as somebody called out from a distance. His tail moved like a snake as his intrest spiked. He could see the trendies and grass part way as the figure came closer. If it had been somebody he knew krake would have turned and ran with his tail between his legs. This particular neck in the territory was full of cats who would all want him dead. He wasn’t planning on facing any of them soon. As thevfigure moved closer he remained on the road. He wasn’t concerned about cars at the moment since, we’ll he could hear them coming, cats that wanted to attack their was and obvious difference to their approach. In fact he was so comfortable on the road he sat down, absorbing the heat of the road up into his paws.

Another call sounded from the distance but this one cl See than the last. Krake bent and gently licked his paw which was coated in mud and some odd kind of black dust. Oh well wether or not it was on old friend or somebody knew he wasn’t to keen on making a great first impression or keeping that impression up. He waited eagerly for the form to appear until he saw it speed up. His claws slid out and locked into the hard surface below him just in case they were wanting a fight. The calls where now more ausiable and he was fully aware of what they had been saying. Twig? Well I certainly wouldn’t fancy the name twig. I must be mistaken. this time the tom stood up and trotted across the black path before curtly hopping down into the safety of the sand below.

A distant rumbling made him move. Though the road seemed quite desolate in this part of the human settlement unlike others which stretched on in rows and rows never lending you a space to break a run for it. He was thankful. As he hopped down into the sand he sat again and covered his paws, with his claws still out, to avoid any hostility. A she cat than appeared by the foliage about ten foxlengths back. At first he stared at her, running over his mind why she looked so familiar. Than brushed it off as his own mistake. His confusion was replaced by a simple smile, a simplistic curve of the lip.

“No harm done” he called as he glanced down at her than turned and looked over his shoulder. As he turned back clarifying he wasn’t being watched from behind he trotted down off the sandy bank and into the little ditch beside the road. Now that he was closer she could see she spotted a rather light solid brown colour as opposed to his own brown colour. He dipped his head in a belated greeting. “Say, you looking for somobody? This twig character? Cause I saw a group just a town back” he commented. To be honest he wasn’t completely sure what the situation was or if his assumptions where correct but she looked hopeful, perhaps he had directed her the right way. Maybe not.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord