View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2017, 02:13 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
Blackfrost padded into the dense, lush hunting grounds that she knew like the back of her paw by now after moons of exploring and training her in her own youth. The tall, large pine trees loomed over the two Shadowclan cats as they passed through the quiet, peaceful undergrowth. “Since this is your first time out of camp, make sure to keep a close eye on your surroundings. We’ll want you to get to know this land from front to back by the time you become a warrior.” Blackfrost mentioned to Smallpaw as they went onward, “We’ll be heading to the Riverclan borderline first and begin your first lesson on distributing each clan’s scent from each other - simple stuff for day one that everyone should know.” She said this with a lighthearted purr stirring from her now. This was nice, much better than just lazing around all day, the young shecat felt like she was really contributing to her clan. Smallpaw seemed like a good cat, one that had great skills to further Shadowclan into a better clan with the future generation. Blackfrost could only hope that the youth saw her as a good mentor.
Smallpaw trailed behind his mentor, his jaws parted for scents of prey. The forest was huge, and he couldn't believe that ShadowClan territory was so vast. Well, The young tom cat concluded to himself. ShadowClan was a pretty big clan. His paws landed lightly on the peaty ground, which was still working on soaking in the tide of water that had swept through his territory. He had wondered how so much rain had to fall to cover this much land.

Smallpaw flicked his black and white tail, listening to his mentor speak. He quickened hos pace so he was padding beside her, and glanced quickly down to make sure he was placing his paws right. The small apprentice didn't want to stumble around like a half-blind badger; he took pride in his smooth, quiet, and even gait. As the spotted apprentice jumped neatly over a root, he waited until his mentor had finished speaking before offering a polite response of agreement.

"That sounds like a reasonable idea." His eyes shone with pleasure. It was nice in the pine forest, with the wind in his fur and the sound of birds surrounding his senses. The forest, despite the recent flooding, smelled fresh and homey; it was the scent that bathed his tongue whenever he stood near the entrance of the camp as a kit. Now, he could actually go exploring for himself! "Is it far from here?" The agile tom wasn't tired yet, but he knew that as far as the two cats traveled away from the camp, they would have to double back and trek the same distance back. Smallpaw hoped he wouldn't grow to weary.

Last edited by Undercover; October 29th, 2017 at 02:13 PM.