View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Plot Queen

My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Cloversplash watched the face of her old apprentice, the way she seemed so distant as if her thoughts drowned out the noise of the clearing, something more important than her clan, her own family, dragging her out of the land of the living. The old warrior herself knew how damaging it could be; thoughts looping through your head, relentless and destructive. Of what Honeypool was thinking, she could not tell.

"Alright, then don't lie to me, darling. I've lived a good bit longer than you; tell me, what is so wrong?" she purred, gently, a motherly toned coating her voice, her words tender and genuine; whatever was affecting Honeypool, she hoped to help. Her eyes softened even further; the light in Honeypool's own deep orbs seemed dimmed, and she seemed just so depressed and sad.

Honeypool twisted her face in a complex way. Telling the honest truth to another isn't easy, maybe that's why so many like to resort to lying instead, because it isn't so difficult. Honeypool kept her head low. "I feel like if I do tell you, you'll accuse me of lying anyways. Lying seems to be the option lots of cats like to use, don't they? So they can protect themselves and others from the truth. Sometimes they'll keep repeating that lie until they believe it's true themselves." At the gathering, Honeypool forced herself to view Fireflare as nothing but a stranger from another clan. It was truly saddening for her to be unable to confess her feelings with Fallenstream glued to her side at the Gathering. Nothing was gained from the Gathering except the toms seeing each other as rivals now. How much does she know of the WindClan tom however? Well he does have a brother that I've seen one time... And what else? ... I know nothing else... Maybe Fireflare is nothing less of a stranger... "... I'll try my best to explain it. I feel like once I hear it out loud, it will only make me realize further how silly I've been."