View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2023, 10:20 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: The New League: Roleplay [Revived!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiad View Post

Covey had just about decided to go down and get breakfast when a small commotion suddenly echoed through the otherwise silent room. He jumped, wings flaring out slightly with alarm as a he spun around to locate the source of the noise.

There, peeking around the corner, was a ludicrously tall person - easily a foot taller than Covey and with a few inches to spare. He found himself thankful that he had kept the shawl of his hood pulled up over the lower half of his face, hiding the fact that his jaw had dropped. It was only when the other person spoke that he came to his senses and composed himself some.

“Hello,” Covey returned the greeting. His feathers began to smooth themselves from their ruffled state as he began puzzling what exactly this guy did to make such a noise. “Did you knock something over?” Oh, did that sound accusatory or something? Crap. “I wouldn’t tell if you did,” he quickly backpedaled, “but, uh. Yeah. Sick mask by the way.” Geez, running into someone up here had really scattered his thoughts - to be fair though, it was a pretty cool mask.

Raphael Acker (Ice Hound) - he/him - Rigor's Personal Museum

Raph quickly rechecked the mask again, making sure it was secure, as the person (who was SHORT, by the way, he just wanted to note that somewhere. and were those wings??) approached him. He glanced from the stranger to the item that teetered on the edge and then back again. "Uh. No. It was... totally like that when I got here. Yep."

It was a terrible lie.

"Oh, my mask?" Raph smiled, and the corners of his eyes crinkling were the only indication that he did so. "Thanks! Your wings are really cool, too. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Say, I don't think we've met? I'm R- er, Ice Hound."

No need to go about spilling identities, now, was there? Still smiling, he held out a hand.