Thread: Sky Glade
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2021, 10:50 AM

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: Sky Glade

Loonfeather shook his head, trying to get the spinning to stop. It wasn’t flawless, but the forest wasn’t tumbling about quite as badly after that. His head still throbbed though. He heard Falconfeather laughing at him, making his fur grow hot under his pelt. It didn’t get any better when Elmshadow padded up and asked if he had forgotten trees go up.

Lashing his tail at the burrow beneath the tree, he growled, “I was about to have that rabbit when it went into that hole under the tree.” For a moment his eyes lingered on the burrow, contemplating trying to dig the rabbit out. But he knew better. One of the things an apprentice was first taught was to never follow an animal into its burrow, predator or not. It gave too much opportunity for a warrior to be bitten badly, and he wasn’t about to be the one to find out just how sharp a rabbit’s teeth could be. He’d leave that knowledge to WindClan.

Shaking himself once more, he found his balance again and looked away from both warriors. “I’m going to go look for something over there,” he grumbled, slinking off deeper into the pines. He had enough of rabbit hunting today. Once he was a significant distance from Falconfeather and Elmshadow, he opened his mouth to drink in the scents of the forest.

A mouse was snuffling around the base of a tree. Though a bit put off by the fact it was close to a tree, Loonfeather distributed all his weight evenly across his paws and moved lightly until he was able to spring on the mouse. It barely had time to blink before he was on it, giving it a swift bite to the neck to end its life. At least he had caught one thing out here.

(These two aren't gonna let him live this down easily, are they? lol)

@Ravensong @Pheasantflight

^ made by sid ^
characters | rp tracker