Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:03 AM

Old March 22nd, 2022, 09:56 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Otterfluff
"Perhaps that was... an overstepping and quite obvious question," Otterfluff began, his gaze remaining steady on the young apprentice. Quite a lot was wrong without having any personal conflicts to sort through. The death of a leader, the rise of a cat who had a somewhat rocky history in positions of power. But so far things had run smoothly and there had not been any pushes from their neighbors with ThunderClan silent and ShadowClan remaining well within their shadows.

Her no did not get far past the tom without him believing it to be a lie. It was revealed by the way she spoke it with uncertainty and darted her gaze to the ground. He watched her quietly, awaiting the truth to be revealed by her. Otterfluff was not one to press for information unless it was necessary for a task he needed to complete.

"Ah, yes," he sighed, his gaze sweeping across the land until it landed on the expanse of blue sky above them. "The death of a Clan leader... Tragic, truly, but not something our Clan cannot overcome." Shifting his gaze back to Mistypaw, he offered her a slight smile. "It is no trouble at all, Mistypaw. What are warriors if not shoulders for those who need us to lean upon?" His paw steps bringing him closer, he swept his tail under her chin to lift it up towards him. "Chin up, young one. Brighter days are ahead." He let the moment linger a bit before removing his tail and moving to the side, drawing his paw in the same fashion as if to invite her to join him.

Resuming his trot along the border, Otterfluff padded in silence for a moment. There was no need to send her back to camp now that she was here under his supervision. "Your mentor... remind me who it was again?" Names and faces Otterfluffy kept up with, however there were those who slipped through the cracks such as this one.

[ @starry. ]
Old March 27th, 2022, 04:55 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

|| @Kunaiskrill

Cinderblaze padded out of camp, not bothering to see if Jaypaw was following. When he arrived at Saltmeadow Marsh, he swung his head around. "You mark one side, and I'll mark the other okay? We gotta get this done quickly."

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old March 27th, 2022, 02:58 PM
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!

My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry. View Post
|| @Kunaiskrill

Cinderblaze padded out of camp, not bothering to see if Jaypaw was following. When he arrived at Saltmeadow Marsh, he swung his head around. "You mark one side, and I'll mark the other okay? We gotta get this done quickly."
{Jaypaw of ShadowClan}

He nodded, and marked the side of the border that cinderblaze had instructed.

Character Site
The one piece is real.
Old March 28th, 2022, 03:51 AM

|| @Kunaiskrill
(Make sure to have Jaypaw get one more post in, then Cinderblaze will report.)

Cinderblaze watched the apprentice for a moment, then marked the side of the border opposite to Jaypaw's. "Alright, I believe we can get back to camp now."

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old March 28th, 2022, 07:24 AM
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!

My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry. View Post
|| @Kunaiskrill
(Make sure to have Jaypaw get one more post in, then Cinderblaze will report.)

Cinderblaze watched the apprentice for a moment, then marked the side of the border opposite to Jaypaw's. "Alright, I believe we can get back to camp now."
{Jaypaw of ShadowClan}

He nodded quickly, and followed cinderblaze back to camp.

Character Site
The one piece is real.
Old March 30th, 2022, 12:42 PM

Mistypaw

[ @tulle - sorry about the short reply, didn't have much time ]

➤ Mistypaw found herself being glad that Otterfluff wasn't angered at her lie. Surprisingly, though, no one had found it extremely annoying before. She wondered how her clanmates were all so understanding and ready to help. How hard was it for them? Did they actually have problems themselves, problems they did not wish to reveal? She stopped her mouth from pulling into a frown as her gaze rested on the warrior in front of her.

"I guess we can overcome it. Sparrowskip seems like he's going to lead the clan amazingly. Okay, I'll try to keep my chin up." She tried not to tear up as he asked her who her mentor had been. "S-stormtalon."

Old March 30th, 2022, 01:32 PM
as long as i breathe

Otterfluff
As the young apprentice appeared to brighten up, Otterfluff followed up his piece of advice with a lingering smile. It was short-lived though; the mention of her mentor seemed to cast the same cloud of grief over Mistypaw. Stormtalon - a warrior that he had not known too well outside of his connection to their now dead leader and the fact that he had saved Morninglily - then Morningpaw - from the talons of a hawk.

"Ah, Stormtalon. A fine warrior, who I am positive is looking down on you from StarClan this very moment." Otterfluff didn't put much stock in the deceased cats but he did believe that they were up there. Stormtalon did not seem like the type of cat to simply relinquish his watch over his home and those he held close. Hopefully there was some truth to the words the fluffy brown warrior spoke.

Turning his gaze from the borders back to the path that snaked through the marshland and towards camp, Otterfluff let a gentle sigh. "Has Blizzardwind been keeping up with your training?" That was the she-cats new mentor, wasn't it? The cat who was also Stormtalon's former mentor... it was fitting, to say the least. Otterfluff veered away from the border to start the journey back to camp but kept his pace slow so he could continue his conversation with Mistypaw.

[ @starry. ]

Last edited by taillow; March 30th, 2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 07:29 AM

[ @tulle ]

Mistypaw gave a sad nod, amber eyes directed at the ground again. What if he wasn't looking down on her from StarClan? What if he would forget her, traumatized by his own story? No. He would never. She reminded herself of how strong he had been. His help continued to be extremely helpful to her. How hard did it turn out to be for him? Standing strong for others when he was sad himself? Actually, it had been more than sadness that she saw in Stormtalon's eyes. Maybe even grief, anger - which was how she was feeling these days.
Turning her attention back to Otterfluff, Mistypaw slightly flicked her tail. "I- I hope he isn't watching me so much, though. This is not what he wanted from me. I was supposed to be strong and not... wrecked." A tear threatened to trickle down her cheek, but she prevented it. She had to at least pretend to be strong.

The "topic change" made Mistypaw lighten up a little. Talking about Stormtalon always weighed her down, leaving scars in her memory. Not permanent... yet. Her paws felt heavy as she followed Otterfluff. At least she'd been able to confess her troubles to someone who she didn't know all too well. If anything, she had seen him around. And he appeared to be loyal and hard-working. It couldn't hurt for him to know.
"Yeah, he's been keeping up. I had to organize many of my training sessions with other warriors, though. But Blizzardwind and I have done fighting. I can also swim, fish and do land hunting, so I guess my training has been going fine."
She left out the fact that she'd never completed a single training session with Stormtalon.

Old April 3rd, 2022, 10:17 PM

Wavestrike padded along the border alert for the scent of other cats, then suddenly the scent of Windclan hit her nose "They shouldn't be this far into the border" she thought and headed towards the pugent smell.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 10:57 PM
as long as i breathe

Otterfluff
It was good to hear that despite the shuffle of mentors, Mistypaw's training had not been left to the wind. A gleam of pride for the warriors that remained in RiverClan shone beneath the surface of his blue gaze. Otterfluff was glad to see that despite the enormous amount of loss that the young she-cat faced, she was determined to continue making it through.

Continuing along the path back towards camp, the warrior gave a flick of his tail. "You are strong though. By simply continuing to carry on, putting one paw in front of the other." He smiled as he shifted his head to one way, eyes sliding over to glance warmly at his companion. "That sounds like a solid foundation, upon which a true warrior can be built. Keep it up and I can assure you I see no reason for your warrior ceremony to not be in the near future. If you need assistance with any of those lessons or a refresher, I could make myself available." While he did not have an apprentice of his own, Otterfluff enjoyed helping where he could.

After a bit the entrance for camp was drawing near and Otterfluff slowed his pace. "Just remember that being strong does not mean never leaning on your Clanmates. Should you need them, those worthy of their title of RiverClan cat will come to your aide." Briefly he allowed the tip of his tail to brush the young she-cat's shoulder. He held her gaze momentarily, giving a small nod, before starting to pad back towards camp. "This was a rather nice walk, I am glad to have had your company."

[ @starry. i hope you don't mind me wrapping up the roleplay! i am trying to narrow my current ones down once i do that i wouldn't mind having another interaction between these two! ]