Last post by BEAR.
Today 03:00 PM

Old August 19th, 2022, 07:04 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Fawnpaw
Just as she knew he would, Pikestar was making his way over and lying down across from her. She didn't protest as he pulled the kit closer to him, her blank gaze watching as he cradled the kit close to him. Cold. Lifeless. Never to move again. The medicine cat felt another scream bubble up into her throat but she shoved it further down, letting it rip away at her throat as it passed.

For a moment her jaw opened and closed, a couple times, unable to find the words to describe the scene she had stumbled upon. How he had been so, so still. There had been some blood, but not much. A bite mark to his spine which was concealed by his fur. No signs of struggle (which, maybe was a good thing meaning he hadn't passed with too much pain? No, that was just a lie in which Fawnpaw told herself to offer false comfort which she did not deserve).

Swallowing back the tightness in her throat, she finally managed to lift her eyes to meet Pikestar's single one, and right as she did she felt a fresh wave of tears. "It's my fault." Stars, was her voice that hoarse? How long had she screamed in the forest?? "It - I - I couldn't fix his l-leg-" she snapped her jaw shut as a squeak of guilt betrayed her, whiskers quivering, "-...and he went out... I found him just, lying there, and there was this strange scent." Lying there not moving. Not smiling. Not laughing. Why did it feel so hot all of a sudden?

A hiccup and then Fawnpaw couldn't take it anymore. She buried her face into her paws and wrapped her tail up as tight as she could, her shaking much more visible. "It's my fault. StarClan chose wrong, Pikestar. I - I can't protect anyone." Her paws became damp with the tears that continued to fall as she made herself as small as possible.

[ @thepirateking ]

Last edited by taillow; August 19th, 2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:34 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Fawnpaw
Just as she knew he would, Pikestar was making his way over and lying down across from her. She didn't protest as he pulled the kit closer to him, her blank gaze watching as he cradled the kit close to him. Cold. Lifeless. Never to move again. The medicine cat felt another scream bubble up into her throat but she shoved it further down, letting it rip away at her throat as it passed.

For a moment her jaw opened and closed, a couple times, unable to find the words to describe the scene she had stumbled upon. How he had been so, so still. There had been some blood, but not much. A bite mark to his spine which was concealed by his fur. No signs of struggle (which, maybe was a good thing meaning he hadn't passed with too much pain? No, that was just a lie in which Fawnpaw told herself to offer false comfort which she did not deserve).

Swallowing back the tightness in her throat, she finally managed to lift her eyes to meet Pikestar's single one, and right as she did she felt a fresh wave of tears. "It's my fault." Stars, was her voice that hoarse? How long had she screamed in the forest?? "It - I - I couldn't fix his l-leg-" she snapped her jaw shut as a squeak of guilt betrayed her, whiskers quivering, "-...and he went out... I found him just, lying there, and there was this strange scent." Lying there not moving. Not smiling. Not laughing. Why did it feel so hot all of a sudden?

A hiccup and then Fawnpaw couldn't take it anymore. She buried her face into her paws and wrapped her tail up as tight as she could, her shaking much more visible. "It's my fault. StarClan chose wrong, Pikestar. I - I can't protect anyone." Her paws became damp with the tears that continued to fall as she made herself as small as possible.

[ @thepirateking ]
PIKESTAR
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

➣ Never before had Pikestar held a kitten after they had passed. He had been present at Talonkit’s burial all those moons ago, but the dark-furred tomcat never saw the young tom’s body nor learned what had happened much later. The oriental had shed tears that day, but this seemed to break him even more, having to cradle a young life that was not faded. A tiny, cold, stiff lump of fur that would never move or make a sound again. If the RiverClan leader could go back in time and sacrifice one of his own lives to undo this, he would do so without hesitation. Pikestar couldn’t tear his eye away from Weedkit as Fawnpaw fought to find the words to explain what happened. However, after a moment, she lifted her head and they managed to catch her gaze. It didn’t shock him that the young medicine cat blamed herself. Anyone with a heart would do that in a situation like this. But that would not keep Pikestar from trying to steer Fawnpaw away from that thinking. No matter happened.

“It is not your fault.” The RiverClan leader remarked, his voice stern as he held Weedkit, “Fawnpaw, look at me. Right now.” He shoved down the pain and grief that his heart felt for the young kitten and now focused on making sure he didn’t lose the small molly in the process. “You did all you could for him. I know you did.” She found him lying out there in the forest, a strange scent around Weedkit. Pikestar bent down and sniffed the small body. It was mostly Fawnpaw’s scent that covered him now, but there was no sign of a predator. Badger, fox, coyote, even possibly a twoleg’s dog.. No, nothing like that. Those scents were strong and didn’t leave a cat’s fur right away. Which left… “There is something more sinister behind all of this.” He meowed, looking at the distraught medicine cat across from him, “And I will not stop until I figure out the answer.” None of this was Fawnpaw’s fault or doing. Not at all. Pikestar knew this and believed it with his entire heart and soul.

Picking up the small kitten in his mouth, the long-furred tomcat stood up and then turned his body so that he was right next to Fawnpaw. From there, he laid down, brushing his pelt against her own. Resting Weedkit in his large paws again, Pikestar looked down at the poor young shecat that laid beside him, crying and hiding herself away from the world. “You are the best medicine cat that StarClan ever could’ve given me, Fawnpaw, and I don’t want anyone to tell you otherwise. I am going to see to it that we all get through this… together as a family.” Pikestar licked the top of her head, the space between her ears, to comfort her. They needed to do something about all this. Before it got any worse. “Please believe me. I’m here for you. Always will be, I promise.” An anxious feeling stirred in his gut, but remained strong for both of them.
Old August 19th, 2022, 11:48 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Word of Snowleap's (Snowstar's?) and Fawnpaw's return had spread quickly across the clan and by that become an unmissable fact. As much as the lazy tom wanted to ignore said news and turn in for the day, however early or late it may be, it was the supposedly imaginary and nagging voice of his late sister that pushed the tired tom away from his usual corner in the clearing and away from the his nest and instead towards leader's den. How annoying. The last time he had been there was to announce Yarrowkit's death, the seeming start of many more. Quite frankly he didn't want to go there not just because of that, but also and mostly because he presumed some of Skystar's scent may still cling to it's perimeters, much to his dismay. Moving on from one's death was one thing, reminders were an annoying other. But nonetheless, despite all his (non-verbal) complaining, the tom recognised the necessity to not only report the earlier patrol, but also inform the new leader of the convenient arrival of a trained medicine cat. So, with no other choice and seemingly no possibility of delay, the shield got himself together as he dragged his paws towards the den that kept him awake where he would most likely find the dark-furred tom.
Exhaling a breath before reaching it's entrance, he quirked an ear to ensure no one else was inside before improving his posture to a more serious one and peeking his head inside.
"Snow..Star?"
A bit unsure on the name, he called with his usual mutter, giving a faint nod as he was quick to spot the leader within the smaller den.

[ @thepirateking - have tired Ginger ]

Old August 20th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Word of Snowleap's (Snowstar's?) and Fawnpaw's return had spread quickly across the clan and by that become an unmissable fact. As much as the lazy tom wanted to ignore said news and turn in for the day, however early or late it may be, it was the supposedly imaginary and nagging voice of his late sister that pushed the tired tom away from his usual corner in the clearing and away from the his nest and instead towards leader's den. How annoying. The last time he had been there was to announce Yarrowkit's death, the seeming start of many more. Quite frankly he didn't want to go there not just because of that, but also and mostly because he presumed some of Skystar's scent may still cling to it's perimeters, much to his dismay. Moving on from one's death was one thing, reminders were an annoying other. But nonetheless, despite all his (non-verbal) complaining, the tom recognised the necessity to not only report the earlier patrol, but also inform the new leader of the convenient arrival of a trained medicine cat. So, with no other choice and seemingly no possibility of delay, the shield got himself together as he dragged his paws towards the den that kept him awake where he would most likely find the dark-furred tom.
Exhaling a breath before reaching it's entrance, he quirked an ear to ensure no one else was inside before improving his posture to a more serious one and peeking his head inside.
"Snow..Star?"
A bit unsure on the name, he called with his usual mutter, giving a faint nod as he was quick to spot the leader within the smaller den.

[ @thepirateking - have tired Ginger ]

PIKESTAR
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

➣ The tall dark-furred tomcat was, well, not doing anything really. Moreso just sitting down towards the back of the den and thinking things over while giving his pelt a good wash. Only StarClan knew how much he needed a moment to catch his breath right now. From all the burials of his clanmates and handling all the new cats showing up on the border, Pikestar was frankly exhausted and managed to allow himself a moment of quiet to just be alone with his thoughts. However, his ears soon perked up to a familiar face peeking inside his den. “Ah, Gingerfrost.” The RiverClan leader meowed, bringing a friendly smile to his tired face, “Come in, come in.” He beckoned in the shield with a slight wave of his paw before stretching out his limbs.

“I do apologize for my lack of words lately to you and the other shields. I’ve been so terribly busy since I returned from the Starcave.” He explained casually to the other RiverClan tomcat, “Which, by the way, I received a new name. You don’t need to call me Snowstar. I was bestowed the name of Pikestar upon completing my ceremony.” Besides Fawnpaw, Gingerfrost was the only cat to hear of his new name. Of course, he would be telling all of RiverClan about Pikestar at a clan meeting, but stuff kept coming up and kept the oriental from calling one together. He wasn’t trying to hide his new name either. It was more a lack of good timing. Plus, Pikestar needed to speak with Slatewhisker about some things before that anyway. All would happen in due time. As long as he managed to not collapse from stress.

With that said and done, Pikestar cleared his throat and flashed an embarrassed smile. “Enough about me though. Tell me, what happened while Fawnpaw and I were gone? Anything interesting or worth my interest?” This was originally a question meant for his deputy, but surely one of his own shields were the next best thing. He gestured to the ground near him, offering for Gingerfrost to take a seat so that they could talk. A nice chat about the recent happenings.
Old August 20th, 2022, 12:17 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirateking View Post
PIKESTAR
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

➣ Never before had Pikestar held a kitten after they had passed. He had been present at Talonkit’s burial all those moons ago, but the dark-furred tomcat never saw the young tom’s body nor learned what had happened much later. The oriental had shed tears that day, but this seemed to break him even more, having to cradle a young life that was not faded. A tiny, cold, stiff lump of fur that would never move or make a sound again. If the RiverClan leader could go back in time and sacrifice one of his own lives to undo this, he would do so without hesitation. Pikestar couldn’t tear his eye away from Weedkit as Fawnpaw fought to find the words to explain what happened. However, after a moment, she lifted her head and they managed to catch her gaze. It didn’t shock him that the young medicine cat blamed herself. Anyone with a heart would do that in a situation like this. But that would not keep Pikestar from trying to steer Fawnpaw away from that thinking. No matter happened.

“It is not your fault.” The RiverClan leader remarked, his voice stern as he held Weedkit, “Fawnpaw, look at me. Right now.” He shoved down the pain and grief that his heart felt for the young kitten and now focused on making sure he didn’t lose the small molly in the process. “You did all you could for him. I know you did.” She found him lying out there in the forest, a strange scent around Weedkit. Pikestar bent down and sniffed the small body. It was mostly Fawnpaw’s scent that covered him now, but there was no sign of a predator. Badger, fox, coyote, even possibly a twoleg’s dog.. No, nothing like that. Those scents were strong and didn’t leave a cat’s fur right away. Which left… “There is something more sinister behind all of this.” He meowed, looking at the distraught medicine cat across from him, “And I will not stop until I figure out the answer.” None of this was Fawnpaw’s fault or doing. Not at all. Pikestar knew this and believed it with his entire heart and soul.

Picking up the small kitten in his mouth, the long-furred tomcat stood up and then turned his body so that he was right next to Fawnpaw. From there, he laid down, brushing his pelt against her own. Resting Weedkit in his large paws again, Pikestar looked down at the poor young shecat that laid beside him, crying and hiding herself away from the world. “You are the best medicine cat that StarClan ever could’ve given me, Fawnpaw, and I don’t want anyone to tell you otherwise. I am going to see to it that we all get through this… together as a family.” Pikestar licked the top of her head, the space between her ears, to comfort her. They needed to do something about all this. Before it got any worse. “Please believe me. I’m here for you. Always will be, I promise.” An anxious feeling stirred in his gut, but remained strong for both of them.

Fawnpaw
Comforting words came from Pikestar, and Fawnpaw wished so badly that she could look to him and really know that what he said was true. But how many more deaths were in store for her as RiverClan's medicine cat? How many more Clanmates could ascend to the starry sky above before her Clanmates were calling for her resignation? Fear wound itself tight around the guilt and shame and made her burrow her head further into her own paws.

Something sinister... it had to have been an outsider, for the scent didn't belong to any Clan cat Fawnpaw had smelled - but then again the young apprentice really only knew the scent of one predator, and that was bears. She wanted to be able to tell Pikestar he was correct, but with her throat tightening and chest compressing in on itself she knew there were no way words would come to her aide now.

"I am going to see to it that we all get through this… together as a family.”

A piece of her heart broke off at this and without hesitation she curled up closer to the oriental's side. Safety and security as she felt her shuddering breaths come to a slow stall with each new swipe of his tongue across her head. Finally, mustering as much courage as she could, she lifted her head to look to the tom with a hopeful gaze. "...A-as a family." Perhaps for the first time since coming to terms with the fact that Daystripe had left, Fawnpaw felt as though she finally had cats she could truly lean on, cats who were her family, regardless of blood relations. Bluebellcrackle, Wormbite, Beansprout... and now Pikestar.

Looking towards Weedkit one last time Fawnpaw uttered a soft sigh and stretched her neck forward to give the kit a gentle lick on the cheek. "Rest easy in StarClan, little warrior," she murmured softly, closing her eyes momentarily as her nose touched Weedkit's one last time before pulling away. After a beat or two, she looked up at Pikestar. Hesitant, but her anxiety pushed her on. "...Can I stay in your den tonight? The medicine den, it... it feels lonely sometimes." After all, it was just her. No other cats really came by to sleep in there.

[ @thepirateking ♥ ]
Old August 20th, 2022, 05:16 AM

My Mood: Aggressive

@thepirateking
~Koipool~
The orange and white spoltched she-cat walked into the Leader‘s den. “Hello, Snowstar. I just came in to ask if you were alright, since the death of your son was, well not too long ago you must be struggling to cope.“ She spoke, concern in her tone and lifting her paw out in a sign of comfort.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I
Old August 20th, 2022, 12:58 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Her heart drummed as she received the news. Snowleap, no, Pikestar was back. She didn't care, didn't care about anything else now that her kit was gone. Well, except for one thing.

To see the murderer, brought to justice, beneath her claws. For her son, and for the others he brought down. May the souls find solace in their killer's demise.

Shd raced toward the den. Had Pikestar heard of Sproutkit's passing? Maybe it was rude not to let him rest before springing this on him, but damn anyone who would deprive her of her revenge. To ease her soul, and hopefully, all of the others they'd killed as well.

She wanted to see them dead, her heart sang. Dead dead dead, for taking away her son, her only joy in this world. She wanted to find them, and make them sorry for crossing her, because that was what a killer deserved. A mother's fury, and ultimately, the havoc she would wreak on them.

But first, finding them. She would have charged out of camp to track them, but she would play civil for now, as long as she could bear. After all, if she disobeyed her superiors, how would she ascend to StarClan to be with her son? Yes, that seemed to be her only comfort now. An eternity with her sweet child, where her soul would be at peace, and she'd have all the time in the world to spend with him.

Yes, she needed Pikestar's permission. And a search party. The more eyes, the better.

And if Pikestar refuses? A small part of her murmured.

Well, then, damn him too.

@thepirateking
(I'm rereading this and I realized I made her a crazed overprotective maniac hehe)

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; August 20th, 2022 at 01:02 PM.
Old August 21st, 2022, 05:49 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post

Fawnpaw
Comforting words came from Pikestar, and Fawnpaw wished so badly that she could look to him and really know that what he said was true. But how many more deaths were in store for her as RiverClan's medicine cat? How many more Clanmates could ascend to the starry sky above before her Clanmates were calling for her resignation? Fear wound itself tight around the guilt and shame and made her burrow her head further into her own paws.

Something sinister... it had to have been an outsider, for the scent didn't belong to any Clan cat Fawnpaw had smelled - but then again the young apprentice really only knew the scent of one predator, and that was bears. She wanted to be able to tell Pikestar he was correct, but with her throat tightening and chest compressing in on itself she knew there were no way words would come to her aide now.

"I am going to see to it that we all get through this… together as a family.”

A piece of her heart broke off at this and without hesitation she curled up closer to the oriental's side. Safety and security as she felt her shuddering breaths come to a slow stall with each new swipe of his tongue across her head. Finally, mustering as much courage as she could, she lifted her head to look to the tom with a hopeful gaze. "...A-as a family." Perhaps for the first time since coming to terms with the fact that Daystripe had left, Fawnpaw felt as though she finally had cats she could truly lean on, cats who were her family, regardless of blood relations. Bluebellcrackle, Wormbite, Beansprout... and now Pikestar.

Looking towards Weedkit one last time Fawnpaw uttered a soft sigh and stretched her neck forward to give the kit a gentle lick on the cheek. "Rest easy in StarClan, little warrior," she murmured softly, closing her eyes momentarily as her nose touched Weedkit's one last time before pulling away. After a beat or two, she looked up at Pikestar. Hesitant, but her anxiety pushed her on. "...Can I stay in your den tonight? The medicine den, it... it feels lonely sometimes." After all, it was just her. No other cats really came by to sleep in there.

[ @thepirateking ♥ ]
As the small molly moved closer to him, finding comfort in the dark tomcat’s fur, Pikestar did his very best to comfort Fawnpaw however possible. He wasn’t the best at these kinds of things and that surely wasn’t a secret by now, but the oriental longhair did care about everyone in RiverClan, especially the young medicine cat beside him. After awhile of cuddling and giving her gentle licks, she would eventually look up at Pikestar and repeat his words, to which he nodded with a small smile. “As a family.” He assured the kind brown-furred shecat, hoping she would continue to remember how much she meant to him. Fawnpaw had many cats within RiverClan that cared about her and would be there for her through the good and the bad. He had probably thought that time and time again, but he didn’t care. It was important that she knew that. And if all else failed, then Pikestar himself would stay by her side.

Pikestar watched, in silence, as Fawnpaw then stretched towards Weedkit and offered him a soft lick on the cheek. One last goodbye for the tiny kitten. The RiverClan leader was certain the young tom would be taken care of in StarClan. He eventually would do the same, touching his nose to the body along with the young medicine cat together. Then, a moment or so later, they pulled away and it was Fawnpaw who spoke up first, asking if she could stay with the leader in his den tonight. Almost immediately, Pikestar nodded, still holding that caring smile. “Of course you can.” He remarked, blinking slowly, “Lynxfall is in the nursery with Nightkit and Sunkit, so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.” The tall tomcat then turned his gaze back to Weedkit, wondering if they should take him out to the clearing now and make it known to the clan what happened to him. Pikestar decided to wait a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowLight23 View Post
@thepirateking
~Koipool~
The orange and white spoltched she-cat walked into the Leader‘s den. “Hello, Snowstar. I just came in to ask if you were alright, since the death of your son was, well not too long ago you must be struggling to cope.“ She spoke, concern in her tone and lifting her paw out in a sign of comfort.
Settled down in his nest, the tall dark-furred tomcat lifted his head once Koipool walked into his den. “Ah, greetings to you as well.” He remarked with a warm, friendly smile before beckoning the molly to sit down and stay for a chat, “StarClan granted me a brand new name with my nine lives: Pikestar. So you don’t need to call me Snowstar, haha.” One of these days, he would hold a clanwide meeting to tell everyone in RiverClan, but after all the death that had forsaken this place, Pikestar felt like his clanmates needed more time to grieve and process it all. Plus, he was feeling so terribly tired these days, so it wouldn’t be a good idea to hold a meeting like this anyway. “I…” The dark-furred feline began, trying to search for words to describe his feelings, “I could be better, in all honesty, but I’m trying to remain strong. RiverClan comes first after all, even before my own personal emotions.” It was a nice gesture for Koipool to come check in on him, which made Pikestar hope she would do the same for Fawnpaw. He knew more than anyone that she needed all the comfort that she could get right now. The clan leader exhaled a gentle sigh. “How’re you doing? I’m sure all what’s happened lately here in RiverClan has taken its toll on you as well.” His bushy tail swished along the ground quietly behind him as he spoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Her heart drummed as she received the news. Snowleap, no, Pikestar was back. She didn't care, didn't care about anything else now that her kit was gone. Well, except for one thing.

To see the murderer, brought to justice, beneath her claws. For her son, and for the others he brought down. May the souls find solace in their killer's demise.

Shd raced toward the den. Had Pikestar heard of Sproutkit's passing? Maybe it was rude not to let him rest before springing this on him, but damn anyone who would deprive her of her revenge. To ease her soul, and hopefully, all of the others they'd killed as well.

She wanted to see them dead, her heart sang. Dead dead dead, for taking away her son, her only joy in this world. She wanted to find them, and make them sorry for crossing her, because that was what a killer deserved. A mother's fury, and ultimately, the havoc she would wreak on them.

But first, finding them. She would have charged out of camp to track them, but she would play civil for now, as long as she could bear. After all, if she disobeyed her superiors, how would she ascend to StarClan to be with her son? Yes, that seemed to be her only comfort now. An eternity with her sweet child, where her soul would be at peace, and she'd have all the time in the world to spend with him.

Yes, she needed Pikestar's permission. And a search party. The more eyes, the better.

And if Pikestar refuses? A small part of her murmured.

Well, then, damn him too.

@thepirateking
(I'm rereading this and I realized I made her a crazed overprotective maniac hehe)
The tall tomcat was unsure of what time it was or what he was even doing prior as Lilycreek stormed into his den, causing Pikestar to nearly jump out of his pelt as he looked to the molly. He blinked at her as his fur slowly laid flat and waved a paw in the air, silently beckoning her inside and closer to him. Pikestar could tell that she was upset, clearly about something that he has not been made aware of yet. “Lilycreek.” The tall oriental meowed, keeping his expression neutral and calm, “What can… What has happened?” Possible scenarios flowed through his train of thought, but he refused to lock onto any in particular. Right now, he just needed to help the she-cat before him in any way that he could. She had been loyal to this clan for many moons and deserved that from him, at least.
Old August 21st, 2022, 06:05 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirateking View Post
As the small molly moved closer to him, finding comfort in the dark tomcat’s fur, Pikestar did his very best to comfort Fawnpaw however possible. He wasn’t the best at these kinds of things and that surely wasn’t a secret by now, but the oriental longhair did care about everyone in RiverClan, especially the young medicine cat beside him. After awhile of cuddling and giving her gentle licks, she would eventually look up at Pikestar and repeat his words, to which he nodded with a small smile. “As a family.” He assured the kind brown-furred shecat, hoping she would continue to remember how much she meant to him. Fawnpaw had many cats within RiverClan that cared about her and would be there for her through the good and the bad. He had probably thought that time and time again, but he didn’t care. It was important that she knew that. And if all else failed, then Pikestar himself would stay by her side.

Pikestar watched, in silence, as Fawnpaw then stretched towards Weedkit and offered him a soft lick on the cheek. One last goodbye for the tiny kitten. The RiverClan leader was certain the young tom would be taken care of in StarClan. He eventually would do the same, touching his nose to the body along with the young medicine cat together. Then, a moment or so later, they pulled away and it was Fawnpaw who spoke up first, asking if she could stay with the leader in his den tonight. Almost immediately, Pikestar nodded, still holding that caring smile. “Of course you can.” He remarked, blinking slowly, “Lynxfall is in the nursery with Nightkit and Sunkit, so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.” The tall tomcat then turned his gaze back to Weedkit, wondering if they should take him out to the clearing now and make it known to the clan what happened to him. Pikestar decided to wait a little more.

Settled down in his nest, the tall dark-furred tomcat lifted his head once Koipool walked into his den. “Ah, greetings to you as well.” He remarked with a warm, friendly smile before beckoning the molly to sit down and stay for a chat, “StarClan granted me a brand new name with my nine lives: Pikestar. So you don’t need to call me Snowstar, haha.” One of these days, he would hold a clanwide meeting to tell everyone in RiverClan, but after all the death that had forsaken this place, Pikestar felt like his clanmates needed more time to grieve and process it all. Plus, he was feeling so terribly tired these days, so it wouldn’t be a good idea to hold a meeting like this anyway. “I…” The dark-furred feline began, trying to search for words to describe his feelings, “I could be better, in all honesty, but I’m trying to remain strong. RiverClan comes first after all, even before my own personal emotions.” It was a nice gesture for Koipool to come check in on him, which made Pikestar hope she would do the same for Fawnpaw. He knew more than anyone that she needed all the comfort that she could get right now. The clan leader exhaled a gentle sigh. “How’re you doing? I’m sure all what’s happened lately here in RiverClan has taken its toll on you as well.” His bushy tail swished along the ground quietly behind him as he spoke.
The tall tomcat was unsure of what time it was or what he was even doing prior as Lilycreek stormed into his den, causing Pikestar to nearly jump out of his pelt as he looked to the molly. He blinked at her as his fur slowly laid flat and waved a paw in the air, silently beckoning her inside and closer to him. Pikestar could tell that she was upset, clearly about something that he has not been made aware of yet. “Lilycreek.” The tall oriental meowed, keeping his expression neutral and calm, “What can… What has happened?” Possible scenarios flowed through his train of thought, but he refused to lock onto any in particular. Right now, he just needed to help the she-cat before him in any way that he could. She had been loyal to this clan for many moons and deserved that from him, at least.

Her hurriedly stammered apology fell short. So, judging by his response, he didn't know what happened to him. Her son.

"Sproutkit, my son, he... he..."

What was happening? She had been so fired-up this morning, so ready for this conversation, braced against Pikestar's possible rejection, perhaps even hoping for it, but it all fled from her grasp as her leader stared at her now. She couldn't find her voice anymore. All the convincing words and reasons she so carefully formulated in her head, vanished, like dew in the sun. Her usual confidence and dignity, wilted. And most of all, her mind, so clear and sharp before, now crazed and raving for revenge.

"He's been murdered."

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; August 21st, 2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 01:41 AM

My Mood: Aggressive

@thepirateking {I'll mention you instead because I struggle to quote you alone with the other roleplays}
Koipool nodded “I understand, sometimes though it might be easier to talk about your feelings since if you keep them up inside then you'll never want to feel anything but happiness, emotions are normal.” She advised, showing concern once again knowing her leader would need somewhere to speak about his emotions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I