Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
|`Ollie's Territory`|...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
Today 04:07 PM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:56 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:50 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:48 PM

Old December 29th, 2023, 07:10 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Tired

Default The Wrath of Water and Wind [P]

(CONTENT WARNING: This thread contains descriptions of ableism, both external and internalized, blood, violence, gore, death, and abuse. Viewer discretion is advised.)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN - AFAB SHE/HER ~

Small, skinny black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip, a crooked jaw, a mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Twistedpaw trudged through WindClan territory, dreading the harsh breeze that sent a chill deep into her bones. She was freezing. The last leaf-bare was a distant haze in her memory, filled with fear and pain and a loneliness so deep it still haunted her. She took a deep breath, feeling her lungs fill with air that clawed at their insides. It was nothing compared to the deep-seated ache in her jaw and tail. Twistedpaw hated it when it was cold. It made her disfigured areas stiff and painful. Even worse, there wasn't enough of a chill to make them numb. And the surrounding air was moist, filled with a dampness that only certified her misery. So, she was stuck in this purgatory of sorts, trying to overcome the discomfort in her messed-up body.

No one else has to deal with this, she thought glumly, casting a glance at her patrolmates. Batglare, her massive mentor, looked as grumpy as ever, though Twistedpaw knew there was some kindness behind those narrowed eyes. She couldn't help but admire the muscles that rolled beneath his long, thick pelt. And Cowtuft... A shudder rippled through her, unrelated to the chill, along with a pang of sorrow. She missed the gentle medicine cat. Her heart still hurt. But... she understood why he'd been cast out now. I can't believe I yelled at everyone like that! And attacked Wolffang... Bile rose in her throat, and she swallowed it down. Just when she'd been gaining confidence... Now she was terrified to be around her Clanmates again. What if they just remembered her as crazy?

And Cowtuft... how was he doing? I hope he's okay, Twistedpaw thought, squeezing her eyes shut as the frosty wind blew her whiskers back. He was massive and fluffy, so he'd survive the cold. He knew how to find herbs, so he could treat his own wounds. One of the advantages of being a medicine cat. But could he hunt? Or fight? He was too big to run fast or hide... Please, StarClan, I know he poisoned his Clanmates, but he didn't mean to. Keep him safe.

Twistedpaw missed him, but what else could she do but pray? She wasn't going to go looking for him. If anything, that was a horrible idea. He was exiled for a reason. And... life must go on. There was nothing she could do to bring him back, as much as it hurt. Just like she couldn't bring Willowsky or Sootkit or Palecloud back, though she'd been responsible for two of those. She was going to work as hard as she could to be a loyal, strong WindClan warrior. That's what I must do to honor them - and my Clan. And myself. Because it was what she wanted.

Even though she was... different.

I doubt I'll ever get as strong as Batglare. I'm too small and skinny and... and ruined.

Twistedpaw had been training for five moons, nearing six, and she still had much training to complete. An uncomfortable feeling hollowed out her stomach. She'd known her training would take longer, what with her disabilities, but this long... Brightpaw's going to become a warrior before me at this rate. Twistedpaw hung her head, filled with an unspeakable guilt. Batglare said we'll take as long as we need. But what if I'm weighing him down? What if he gets mad because I'm taking too long? Especially because he has another apprentice now... Especially since he'd been upset with her recently due to her... tantrum.

She'd interacted with Whisperingpaw. Usually, she hung back, scared to talk to others, but she found that cats weren't as judgmental as she'd expected. So far, few had said anything bad since Willowsky and Flutteringkit. The confliction made her head spin. I've spent so long hating myself for what I did. I am wrong, I am weird. No one else has to deal with soreness or stiffness or being held back when they're working so hard. She stared at her round black paws. But... no one else has said there's anything wrong with me. Could it be true? Ashfeather had been viewed as a great warrior...

Twistedpaw shook herself. Her fur, which was hopelessly matted, looked even worse with the wind and the moisture. She'd fluffed it out a while ago to protect herself from the cold. No. I'm still different. I... I still drove my mother insane. She swallowed, feeling a warm trickle of drool slide from the corner of her mouth. She winced and glanced toward the other warrior in the patrol, Swiftfire. I hope she didn't see that! Twistedpaw didn't know anything about the tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat, and she was scared that messing up in front of her would cause judgment. So many cats have been kind to me, not judging me for looking different, but some have. Do I deserve it? I don't know. Because she was different, and that made other cats act weird, so that was her fault. And Twistedpaw had hurt her family. But she was doing her best to make amends. Once I'll be a warrior, I'll make Willowsky proud. But where was she? Could she be... dead?

The thought filled her with fear, then comfort. If she's dead, she'll be in StarClan. They would never send her to the Place of No Stars. Not because of me. Surely not! StarClan is kind. They know Willowsky was messed up because of me. Hopefully, her mother was happy, wherever she was.

If she wanted Twistedpaw to call her "mother."

The small black apprentice looked up, then shook herself. Now wasn't the time to have her head in the clouds. She felt a pang of guilt. Featherbrain! I need to do the best I can for WindClan. I can't slack off. I can't be imperfect. Well... as much I can, anyway. Twistedpaw was the opposite of perfection. The opposite of normal. But she was on a hunting patrol, and she was supposed to help them hunt.

She moved to press against Batglare, hoping he wouldn't mind the pokes and prods of her mangled tail. He usually didn't, but Twistedpaw still felt guilty about it. She didn't like making anyone uncomfortable. And he'd been upset with her recently. Anyway, he was warm, and she wanted his warmth. Though if he was bothered, she'd pull away. Twistedpaw shot a nervous glance at Swiftfire in case the warrior was judging her - not only did Twistedpaw not know her; she'd also witnessed the apprentice's outburst at Cowtuft's exile - then scanned the area. The sky was filled with puffy gray clouds that looked like discolored clots of sheep's wool. Twistedpaw couldn't see any shreds of the great blue sky. She sniffed the air, her stretched, distorted pink nose twitching. No rain... or snow. Thank StarClan for that. But...

Twistedpaw tensed and moved away from Batglare, bounding forward a few paces. Long, brittle brown grass brushed against her legs. She'd gotten stronger as time went by. There was some lean muscle attached to her skinny legs now, and she had to admit, she was quite proud of it. She was still underfed, according to Batglare - more so that leaf-bare was settling in and there was less prey, not to mention the pain it inflicted on her crooked jaw - but she wasn't nearly as malnourished as she'd been.

She tasted the air again, trying not to let her pelt prickle as her pink tongue lolled out and her jaw practically unhinged. She had to get a good scent. There was something, and... Yes! She turned back to the warriors. A jolt ran through her as she realized her jaw was still dangling, and Swiftfire was there. Batglare didn't mind, but if Swiftfire saw... Twistedpaw squeaked, sat down, shoved her paw against her jaw - flinching at the burst of pain - then stood back up. Alas, her tongue still hung out, but it was better than nothing.

"I smell a rabbit!" Twistedpaw meowed. Her voice was awful, as per usual. She was used to it. But she still felt her pelt crawl under Swiftfire's pale yellow gaze. What did she think of the deformed apprentice? Twistedpaw focused on Batglare. Please don't judge me, please don't judge me, please don't judge me... even if I understand why...

"Can I follow it, Batglare?" she asked. Excitement trickled through her veins, outdoing the self-consciousness. What if it's really big? I could do something great for the Clan! Willowsky would be super proud if I caught a big rabbit! Batglare would be proud, too. Twistedpaw's head spun. Maybe Twilightstar would be proud, too! The leader always seemed a bit interested in Twistedpaw. How cool would it be to impress the leader?

@Moonraven @Tiabirb @celeste @Snowyfeathr @tallulah (Mentioning the RiverClan RPers so you know it's up!)

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; January 3rd, 2024 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Fixing the timelines!
Old December 30th, 2023, 08:46 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Wrath of Water and Wind [P]

Swiftfire-WindClan Warrior-She/her

Her fur was sluffed up to combat the wind, and not for the first time, she wished she had been born with a thicker pelt. Each stride from the long-legged warrior would easily be three strides for Twistedpaw, and it was this little fact that Swiftfire had to keep in the back of her mind as she trudged the slopes of WindClan's territory with Batglare and the mangled apprentice.

How anyone thought that such an apprentice could make a decent warrior was beyond her. She had tried to be open-minded before, even had an apprentice of her own that had been disabled in a few ways...but that hadn't stopped Swiftfire from trying her hardest to do her best. But when they had run away, disappeared, vanished without a trace, she had been more than a little heartbroken and frustrated that she had lost her chance to prove herself a good mentor.
Now, just looking at Twistedpaw made her claws prick and twitch with anger and resentment. It wasn't Twistedpaw's fault that these feelings became present and strong the moment they had left camp, nor that they were growing in intensity with every few steps and anxious glance cast her way.

Looking like a rabbit that's been caught with its ears tangled.... The tortoiseshell and white warrior thought bitterly to herself, and she allowed herself a stern glare at the apprentice when she grew slack-jawed to catch the scent of rabbit that came hopping over the hills and into their noses.

Swiftfire scented the air to confirm the apprentice's claim before mewing, "A rabbit, huh? You do know WindClan hunts as a team, right? That's what makes WindClan the best; Teamwork. Sure. The fastest warriors can snag a rabbit on their own, but our best chances is for us to work together and drive the rabbit where we want it to go: Right into our claws." Her tone was clearly sharper than it needed to be, but her message was still clear: That was a firm 'No' from the tortoiseshell.

She passed her gaze to Batglare, the mentor here. Would he contradict her? Tell her to mind her own? Privately, she kind of hoped he snapped at her. Tell her to get lost. Then she wouldn't have to look at a figurative representation of her own mentoring failure.

@Moonraven @TheNyanCatMinecart
Old January 3rd, 2024, 06:15 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

The huge warrior huffed softly as he padded silently beside his apprentice. Batglare swiped his tongue over his muzzle while staring straight ahead, although he made sure to keep his apprentice within his peripheral vision. The second warrior that was with them, Swiftfire, wasn't someone he was overly familiar with. However, Batglare wasn't all that familiar with any cat in his clan, besides the ones he was forced to be with, like apprentices.

The senior was eager to get through this hunt and head back to camp; the cold was bugging him, and the frost sank into his thick pelt and put him in an irritable mood. He parted his maw, scenting the air around him. He picked up stale scents and turned his head further to the right as he found a fresh scent trail to follow which smelt like a rabbit.

His piercing glare fell on Twistedpaw when the apprentice made a point of leaning against him as he walked, sucking up what little heat his body produced. He chuffed quietly but didn't mind or say anything about it. He'd prefer she sought out what warmth she could get since he knew how badly the cold could bug and hurt her. Still too thin, though.

Batglare would be an utter fool if he didn't notice Swiftfire's glare directed at Twistedpaw. He also noticed Twistedpaw's more anxious and frequent glances at the other warrior. His apprentice was still overly conscious of those around her. Batglare hadn't been thrilled about bringing Swiftfire with them, but a hunting patrol was a hunting patrol.

Still, he wished both she-cats would calm down and stop irritating each other. It was starting to get on the old man's nerves. As clanmates, regardless of one's feelings about each other, Batglare felt that a certain tolerance and respect needed to be shown to each other.

Twistedpaw words had Batglare swinging his head towards her when she began pacing a bit ahead of him, speaking about a rabbit. When questioned about hunting it, he scowled thoughtfully. Batglare didn't particularly enjoy leaving Twistedpaw on her own when they were out of camp.

He didn't even like her going out of camp unless it was with someone he trusted. However, it wasn't like he had complete control over that, plus Twistedpaw needed every opportunity to build herself up and acquire new friends. He was probably being overprotective, but in his defense, Twistedpaw had a habit of finding trouble when he least expected it.

As Swiftfire decided to impart her wisdom about hunting, Batglare glanced at her. There was too much of a bit in her tone to believe that what she was saying was mere advice. How annoying. Batglare turned his gaze back to his eager apprentice and scowled, taking into mind Swiftfire's words. WindClan did not exclusively hunt in teams, but since Swiftfire wanted to be so certain.

"Fine, go but you're taking Swiftfire with you." He growled the last bit as an order. Batglare didn't want to stem her growth by saying no or hovering over her. She could hunt, he trained her himself. The more she embraced this sense of independence and enjoyed the pride that came with serving the clan the better she'd be. The senior warrior turned his gaze to Swiftfire as he spoke next.

"I've already picked up a different scent trail, so keep an eye on her while I'm gone, since you're used to hunting in pairs work with her to catch the rabbit," Batglare demanded, not waiting for an answer as he began to pad off.

He was not crazy comfortable leaving Twistedpaw well-being to Swiftfire, however, he was aware that he should at least attempt putting more faith in the cats he called clanmates. And, this was a hunting patrol, giving up on prey to babysit his apprentice would only worsen his mood and make him feel like he was slacking. Besides, Swiftfire wanted to play mentor with his apprentice so now she had the chance.

@Tiabirb @TheNyanCatMinecart

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old January 15th, 2024, 06:46 PM

Small, skinny black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip, a crooked jaw, a mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Though Twistedpaw kept her one good eye on her mentor, anticipation and hope swirling in her stomach and shining on her face, anxiety tickled the back of her mind. It was a presence that refused to be ignored, forcing its way into her conscious thoughts like a worm tunneling through the earth. Swiftfire. A shudder passed through the small black she-cat, though anyone would think it was because of the chill hanging in the air and the harsh breeze rustling the dying grass. And that was partly true - it was cold. Twistedpaw felt herself grow stiffer and more numb with each passing moment. However, she knew Swiftfire was watching - and judging - her. That pale yellow gaze burned into Twistedpaw's neck, not too unlike the flames that had ripped through WindClan's old territory. That evoked another shudder.

She doesn't like me. That stern glare when Twistedpaw's crooked jaw had dangled had told her enough. She was being judged for her disabilities - and no doubt for what she had done at Cowtuft's exile.

StarClan, she hoped he was okay...

Twistedpaw remained focused on the task at paw even as she felt another stab of grief for the wandering medicine cat. Former medicine cat. But that didn't stop her from blinking in surprise when a cat hidden from her view answered her question instead of Batglare. Her heart sank a little. It was Swiftfire. She turned so that the long-legged tortoiseshell was in her vision. The disapproving look in those pale yellow eyes and the harsh edge to her voice made Twistedpaw flinch. Her tiny ears flattened against her head, seeming to disappear, and she glanced at her paws, overcome by a wave of guilt and heightened anxiety that clawed and bit at the inside of her stomach. Featherbrain. Who was she to suggest catching a rabbit on her own? Batglare would want her to try, but Swiftfire was here, too. She wasn't as lenient as her mentor. She was a regular warrior. And that meant she was going to judge Twistedpaw for every mouse-brained move she made.

I'm just an apprentice. A disabled one at that. Why would she trust me to catch a rabbit by myself? It made sense, but Twistedpaw's anxiety still rose, making her feel like she was going to gag. It took all her might to stop herself from trembling; her paws dug so hard into the frozen earth that the sharp bite in her pads turned numb after a matter of moments. These feelings were so weird. Twistedpaw understood Swiftfire's reasoning, and she also understood why her Clanmates would judge her. However, she... she didn't want to make them upset or uncomfortable. She didn't want to disappoint anybody. Which seems impossible because I'm all wrong, she thought with a stab of disappointment.

And to think she'd been gaining confidence. Twistedpaw had trusted that her Clanmates were nicer than Willowsky and Flutteringkit, even begun to think that the judgment was exclusive to those two. But Swiftfire had proven her anxiety right. She was different, and she had been born wrong. Even worse, she was missing whatever Ashfeather had had that made her likable. Maybe almost everyone thinks this way about me and tried to hide it until I tried to defend Cowtuft, she thought miserably. That begged another question: Was Swiftfire upset with Twistedpaw because of her physique? Was it because of Cowtuft's exile? Or was it both? That only made her feel more miserable. Either way, I messed up, and it's all worse because of me.

Batglare's voice jolted Twistedpaw out of her march of misery. She looked up, acutely aware of how stiff her jaw and tail were getting and the numbness creeping upon her paws, ears, and nose. She wasn't just miserable on the inside. But, though he scowled, her mentor's words sent a thrill of relief and happiness through her. She visibly relaxed. He thinks I can catch the rabbit! But what will Swift-

...She was going with Swiftfire.

Twistedpaw's face fell, but she quickly recovered even as dread colder than the air began to seep into her. Oh, no. Swiftfire didn't like her, and Twistedpaw both didn't want to be judged by the warrior and didn't want to make her uncomfortable by being there. But this was an order, and Twistedpaw had learned all too well that there were times when she needed to obey them. She couldn't have everything for herself. Like Cowtuft.

Still feeling a bit sick and more than a little nervous, Twistedpaw dipped her head to Batglare. "O-o-okay," she managed. Her jaw was getting stiffer and more painful by the minute, and the extra stutter was definitely from nerves. All a combination to make her voice even more dreadful. The skinny apprentice tried not to wince as she imagined how Swiftfire would judge that little lapse. Can't even speak normally... I wonder how she yelled all that stuff when Cowtuft was about to be thrown out, she could imagine Swiftfire thinking. It made her skin crawl a little.

But, again, it was an order. Twistedpaw turned to Swiftfire, trying not to look too nervous. A good warrior wasn't scared of her own Clanmates... right? I need to look strong. Good. Competent. As good as she could look, anyway, with her jaw nearly unhinged, one eye colorless and clouded over, and a mangled tail that went every which way. As if in response to that thought, the bulging, dented, light gray tip - which hung behind and between her too-small ears - gave a nervous twitch.

Ever aware of Batglare's pawsteps growing more and more distant, Twistedpaw asked Swiftfire, trying to keep her expression neutral but with nerves dancing in her grayish-blue eye, "S-s-so... how d-do you w-want t-to do th-this? You m-mentioned one of us d-driving it t-to another..." StarClan, Twistedpaw hoped she'd gotten that right. The meaty smell of the rabbit flooded her nostrils. Her mouth watered - she hadn't eaten this morning - and her stomach growled. Unfortunately, some drool slipped from the side of her jaw. She squeaked and quickly wiped it away, her cheeks heating with embarrassment. Great... Now she was certain Swiftfire hated her. Why did everything Twistedpaw do go wrong? Well, she knew why, but that didn't stop her from feeling guilty and miserable about it. Even when I try my best, I mess up somehow. Then hardly anybody likes me.

@Tiabirb @Moonraven (I'm sorry this is so late! A lot of things crept up on me.)

Old January 16th, 2024, 09:52 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

The look she shot Batglare as he oh so tactfully placed Twistedpaw in her paws...it could have set the daisies on fire. A team would have been her and Batglare taking the rabbit down, and letting Twistedpaw watch and learn how to herd and ambush. Now she had to do all of the herding, and hope Twistedpaw had the attention span to be ready for the ambush.

But Batglare was already gone, and Swiftfire closed her eyes and took in a long, deep breath through her nose. Twistedpaw had turned to her, stuttering and stammering out her words. Her eyes opened, and Swiftfire shook out her pelt, sliding her pale yellow gaze down to look at Twistedpaw. "I'm not going to bite your ears off." She growled softly, "But since you are now learning from one of WindClan's finest hunters, feel proud. You'll get a thumping rabbit today, mark my words." Though that wasn't her promise to make. That was Batglare's. She had made this promise before, and she had seen it actually come to fruition. But that was a different apprentice.

That had been her apprentice. This was Batglare's. Twistedpaw's achievements should be his to share with her.

The tortoiseshell and white was silent for a long time as she stared out into space, at least that was what it looked like. But she was planning, scanning, and planning based on the information she had gathered in her surroundings. "Alright, come with me." She said until she reached a shallow dip in the ground, and she gestured to it. "Get in there, get real low. I'll drive the rabbit over it, and you'll spring up and take it when it tries to hop over or around you. If you miss, just chase after it as best you can. I'll be keeping an eye from a few fox-lengths, making sure it doesn't double back on you."

She glanced down at Twistedpaw. "Did you catch all that? In laments terms, stay here and stay low. You'll hear the rabbit before you see it, so use your ears to judge your pounce. I won't be far, but if you really want this rabbit, prove it." With that, Swiftfire gave the apprentice an awkward, curt nod and bounded up the slope to the right, pausing at the crest to sniff the air before disappearing over the other side.

@TheNyanCatMinecart @Moonraven
Old January 23rd, 2024, 05:41 PM

(Moonraven said I could go ahead with my Twistedpaw post!)

Twistedpaw tried not to cringe as she thought of the glare Swiftfire had shot at her mentor. She could almost feel those pale yellow eyes burning through her matted, touseled black fur. Even though it wasn't aimed at her, it was for her. Swiftfire doesn't want anything to do with me. The leggy tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat had made that abundantly clear in the few moments they'd shared. Guilt pricked at her paw pads, and she had to swallow an instinctive, uncomfortable apology. Her intuition told her that acknowledging the situation would only make it worse. Batglare wants me to be with other cats, even if they're... if they don't like me. Because they're bound to not like me. So I should... try to get used to it.

Grief shot through her with a hearty dose of regret, but what could Twistedpaw do? It seemed like StarClan had destined her to come out wrong and create all this... this trouble. She just had to live with it.

The long, deep breath Swiftfire took - probably to prepare herself to deal with Twistedpaw - grated against her ears. She tried to suppress the skip in her stomach, focusing her working eye on the warrior. It was cold. The wind had an extra bite, raking claws and teeth across her bones and numbing her flesh. She could feel her jaw and tail grow stiffer by the moment... Hopefully, they wouldn't mess her up. They couldn't mess her up. Not now. I need to prove myself to Swiftfire. I need to show her that I can be a warrior. What made this especially hard was that Swiftfire had every right to doubt her.

She tried to block out the cold - to little avail - as Swiftfire's gaze slid to her. Although her eyes were harsh and there was a bite to her voice, Swiftfire's promise that she wouldn't try to harm Twistedpaw helped her relax. A little. She wouldn't go crazy like Willowsky had. That was a relief.

Wait, Swiftfire was one of WindClan's best hunters? Twistedpaw's eyes rounded, and her stomach jolted, nearly rocking her on her paws. I have to prove myself to such a great hunter? One who didn't like her, no less... Fear began to claw up her throat, and trepidation shone in her clear grayish-blue eye. This was quite the task. A terrifying one, at that.

But Twistedpaw shoved her fear aside. She had to listen. Her numb ears pricked, and her gaze grew focused as Swiftfire broke her lengthy silence and began to speak.

Oh. They were moving. Twistedpaw tried to crush a wave of embarrassment as she followed Swiftfire to a shallow dip in the ground. It was made up of a glistening patch of sickly-looking earth. The sight evoked a slight shudder. But Twistedpaw clamped down on her fear. I have to do this.

She resumed her attentive position as Swiftfire spoke, only pausing to obey. She had to get in the dip. Got it. Twistedpaw sidled forward, unable to suppress a gasp as the ice pressed against her tight belly. Another wave of embarrassment sluiced through her. Humiliating. Everything she did was a mistake-

But I have to focus. She turned back to Swiftfire, nodding once the warrior had finished speaking. Anticipation made her stomach swirl and her paws, numb as they were, tingle, but she pushed it down and nodded. "I-I'm r-ready," she stammered, hating how thick and distorted her words sounded. Her jaw was really getting stiff now. And painful. Yet another reminder that she wasn't normal.

Swiftfire vanished. Twistedpaw's chest constricted. Her throat closed up. Every time a puff of air rose from her distorted pink nose, she felt a flicker of fear. She couldn't afford to miss this rabbit.

It seemed like forever passed in an instant.

Then it appeared.

Twistedpaw's heart thundered in her throat, and she barely remembered to keep her head down as she spotted the rabbit thundering toward her. Swiftfire was hard on its paws, but she drew up a few fox-lengths away, as promised, letting Twistedpaw take the rabbit.

Time seemed to slow. She hadn't realized her long claws were digging into the frozen earth until she felt the ground splinter beneath their sharp tips.

Three.

Two.

One.

Now!

Twistedpaw gathered her haunches and sprang for the rabbit - but her hind paws slipped on the ice! Yelping a curse in her shock, she listed sideways, and the rabbit stormed past her. No! Surprisingly, though, Twistedpaw's brain didn't shut down in shock. Rather, it spurred her to action. She quickly found her footing and hared along after it.

The rabbit let out a terrified squeal as it tried to get away. I'm not going to let it. Twistedpaw had to catch this rabbit. It felt like everything depended on it. Swiftfire, Batglare, her validity...

Yet the outside world was shut out as the apprentice zeroed in on that rabbit. The cold wind searing her pelt, the life gradually sparking back in her paws as the run heated her blood - all those were mere whispers in the back of her conscience.

Twistedpaw was aware, however, of the awkward thump of her crooked jaw as it slammed against her neck and her tiny ears flattening against her head. The ice beneath her was slippery, and it was all she could do to stay upright, especially with her mangled tail trying to press her this way and that. Pride burst in her chest at how well she was staying on her paws. So focused on her task, it was difficult to grant any strength to the doubts and fears constantly crowding her mind. Catch that rabbit. I must catch that rabbit.

But it was drawing further away. Twistedpaw wished she could grit her teeth together as she pressed even harder against a clump of semi-dry grass, her primal instincts telling her when it was clear to do so, as she didn't wish to slip and fall. Her dreaded tail was making her fall further behind, and the ache in her crooked areas was only becoming more powerful, pressing into the focused haze covering her mind. Batglare told me to creep up on it for a reason. The dying greens and browns of the grass, shining with a contradictory glow that made them look like stars, were starting to come into focus. No longer was the rabbit her primary objective. She could see its fluffy white tail, a cloud providing a beacon as its round body crashed through the greenery...

Frigid air ripped the inside of Twistedpaw's throat and leached into her lungs. Her head spun as the exertion began to weigh her down. The rabbit seemed to be getting farther and farther away. No...! She couldn't let this happen. She couldn't return home empty-pawed to Swiftfire and Batglare. Especially Swiftfire. Then she'd seem like a disobedient, petty apprentice who couldn't follow orders, a pathetic example of what not to do, weighed down by her disabilities. And it was true that her dreadful tail was slowing Twistedpaw down...

But she wouldn't relent. Determination burned through her anew, and she pressed her paws even harder against the earth - on a non-slick spot, of course - and propelled herself forward. She shut out her burning muscles and the exhaustion that plagued her. And by some miracle, the rabbit was actually getting closer! Twistedpaw's eyes narrowed, blind and seeing alike, and she pushed even harder, feeling her muscles protest as they strained to the absolute limit.

Come on! You can do it! Almost there!

The voice that manifested in her mind sounded a lot like Batglare's.

With a prayer to StarClan, Twistedpaw launched herself upward. Time slowed again as the rabbit looked up, panic sparking in its beady eyes. Her claws glinted in the pale leaf-bare sun...

Then they wrapped around the rabbit's throat! Elation thrilled through the skinny she-cat from ears to tail-tip as she killed it with her claws - her jaw was too weak at the time to snap its neck. The rabbit went limp, and excitement seared Twistedpaw, filling her with a warmth that outdid the cold. Not the cleanest kill, but it would do. I caught the rabbit! A genuine smile, lopsided due to her crooked, stiffened jaw, filled her face and danced in her good eye. Its delicious blood-scent filled her nostrils, making drool drip from the slanted side of her mouth. She tried to swallow with difficulty. Her rapid pants and constricting chest didn't help. But hygiene was the last thing on her mind.

I actually caught it! Wait until I get back to Batglare and Swiftfire! He'll be so proud of me. Swiftfire... She faltered, but her happiness quickly returned. I'll have shown to her that I can be a warrior. Some of the self-doubt and fear that had plagued Twistedpaw since Willowsky's outburst and Cowtuft's exile lifted. She was disabled, yes, and that came with many challenges. Judgments. Mistakes. Twistedpaw knew there was something wrong with her. But I can be a warrior, she thought, staring down at the limp brown-and-white body. I can be a warrior. Maybe...

Maybe I can even make WindClan proud of me.

@Moonraven @Tiabirb (You two can make whatever hunting posts you want, but please don't interact with Twistedpaw/find her yet! I'll mention you when it's time for Bat and Swift to come in. Also, Tiabirb, if I misportrayed anything that Swiftfire was doing, please let me know, and I'll change it! ) @Snowyfeathr @celeste @tallulah (It's your time to shine! Twistedpaw hasn't realized she's on RiverClan territory yet. You can do what you'd like, whether you want them to confront her first or attack. For the list of moves you're allowed to powerplay, look here.)

Old January 23rd, 2024, 05:56 PM
king of arson and murder

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

@TheNyanCatMinecart @celeste @tallulah

Minksplash
Brown she-cat with darker point markings and blue eyes

Minksplash was just strolling through RiverClan territory, minding her own business, when she spotted a WindClan cat darting after a rabbit. "WindClan . ." she growled lightly. She ran up to the cat, and stood in front of them, her tail lashing and her claws unsheathed. "What do you think you're doing here miss!" Minksplash growled.

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

This space is empty and filled with dust.

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably

Last edited by Snowyfeathr; January 23rd, 2024 at 06:14 PM.
Old January 28th, 2024, 10:47 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

· Cedarfrost ·
muscular light grey tomcat with black tabby stripes and yellow eyes
he/him · riverclan · warrior
· tw for ableism and blood ·

The muscular tomcat followed Minksplash and Snarlfeather, sniffing the air. His plan was to mark the border and maybe hunt a little on the way back, regardless of if his clanmates wanted to join him or not. He sniffed the air, tilting his head as the strong scent of WindClan appeared. This.. wasn’t normal. He let out a low growl, turning to gaze at his patrolmates through sharp yellow eyes. “Something is off here,” he mewed with the raise of his brows, padding closer to the WindClan - RiverClan border to begin marking it. Cedarfrost made sure to stay on RiverClan’s side of the border, because he certainly wasn’t dumb enough to get himself mauled and in trouble. However, if there ever happened to be a bunny on their side of the border, he wouldn’t hesitate to make them regret their decision. Hold on. There was a movement in the corner of his eye, and he noticed a WindClan cat.. on their side of the border. The warrior snarled, unsheathing his claws and bounding towards her.

He noted that Minksplash had already noticed her but wasn’t doing anything. Shooting her a side eye, he raked his claws across one of the bunnies legs. It appeared she was crippled in some way, which would make this extremely easy. Teaching a tresspasser a lesson without much fighting back was appealing to Cedarfrost. It would hopefully prevent further intruding on other clans territory and give this bunny some injuries to make sure she’d never make such a dumb decision again. If she did? Not his fault if she got mangled all over again. “Looks like a little bird strayed to far from her nest, and it’s a weak bird,” he mewed playfully before sinking his teeth into Twistedpaw’s ear, drawing some blood. The metallic liquid on his tongue almost tasted good, and it gave him a feeling he hadn’t experienced in a while. Especially with the tensions going on, he wanted to get revenge on WindClan and make this bunny pay.

· @TheNyanCatMinecart @tallulah @Sonwytheafr i hope this is alright? also just wanted to say that i in no way agree to the way cedarfrost acts!! ·

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old February 8th, 2024, 05:14 PM

(I'm so sorry for the delay! Also, @tallulah is dropping out of the RP, so it'll just be Minksplash and Cedarfrost attacking Twistedpaw.)

She had caught the rabbit!

Twistedpaw still couldn't believe it. She panted hard, her stiff, aching jaw unhinging as she desperately filled her lungs with scalding air. Her breaths released in an uneven stream of clouds, swirling around her face and obscuring her vision. A chill pierced her all the way to her bones, and her skinny legs trembled with exertion. The rush of adrenaline that had filled her from distorted nose to bulging tail-tip began to fade. Twistedpaw swayed as a sudden blast of exhaustion overcame her. Woah... She dug her paws into the ground to stay upright, claws digging into the earth. It was wet here, despite leaf-bare. Marshy. Her paw pads felt like they'd been encased in ice. But she hardly cared.

A faint giggle rose in her chest. When had Twistedpaw last laughed? It felt so good to do something right. Something she knew her mentor and even the strict Swiftfire would be proud of. The rabbit's blood bathed her tongue, making her mouth water and drool drip from her crooked jaw. She stepped back so it wouldn't get on the rabbit. I wonder who's going to eat it, she thought, staring at the limp brown-and-white body. It blended into the landscape, but Twistedpaw didn't think its image would ever leave her mind. Pride filled her, and leaf-bare's chill dissipated. I'm hunting! I'm feeding the Clan! I can really be a warrior!

Pawsteps sounded in the distance. Twistedpaw lifted her head, tearing her gaze away from her catch for the first time in a while. She still felt excited. Happy. But unease tugged in the deepest pit of her stomach. This place seemed familiar.

And it wasn't WindClan territory.

Right as dread began to creep into Twistedpaw's joy, throwing her thoughts into a confused conundrum, an unfamiliar she-cat burst forward. The apprentice stared at her. She had bushy brown fur with darker colorpoint markings, and her blue eyes glowed with hostility, set in a face that was distorted into a snarl. Twistedpaw caught the glint of unsheathed claws. And her scent...

Horror made Twistedpaw's eyes grow huge. She took a step away from her rabbit.

RiverClan.

Her head spun. Her insides became colder than leaf-bare's winds could ever make her.

This was Sedgewater Valley.

She'd crossed the border and caught the rabbit on WindClan land.

Featherbrain! Twistedpaw's pride dissolved to be replaced by panic and self-anger. You can't do anything right!

Twistedpaw felt her long, sharp claws unsheathe. She quickly put them back. No! I can't appear like an enemy. She didn't want to cause any trouble.

Before she could say anything, another RiverClan cat appeared. He was light gray with darker stripes, and his yellow eyes seemed to sear her soul. Twistedpaw began to tremble. Fear-scent rolled off of her in waves. All her instincts screamed at her to run, but in her mind, all that played out was her screaming at Cowtuft.

I can't cause any more problems. I have to explain myself.

Yet the light gray tom wasn't stopping.

Twistedpaw continued to take more steps back, disbelief and panic rising within her, but she'd barely opened her crooked jaw to speak before he lashed out with his claws. She cried out in pain as the flesh on one of her legs tore. Something warm and sticky beaded at the wound and began to trickle, staining her black fur and filling her nose with a metallic tang. Blood.

It reminded her of when Willowsky had attacked her.

She began to back up as the RiverClan tom teased her. A weak bird. That only hollowed her stomach with more dread. Of course they'd see her as weak. She was weak. A disabled apprentice would make for an easy target.

Suddenly, the light gray warrior lunged forward, sinking his teeth into one of her ears. She shrieked, attempting to twist and claw at his chest. Blood poured down the side of her face. Stop stop stop please-

@Valentine Snowyfeathr @celeste @Moonraven @Tiabirb (Please do not have Batglare and Swiftfire come in yet, though you can do hunting posts with them if you'd like! I just wanted to mention you so you knew what was going on with tallulah. I won't mention you again until it's time for Twistedpaw to be rescued. Also, celeste, your post was great! I completely understand that you don't agree with the way Cedarfrost acts, so don't worry at all. )

Old February 8th, 2024, 05:25 PM
king of arson and murder

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

Minksplash
Brown she-cat with darker point markings and blue eyes

Minksplash growled as Cedarfrost shot her a side eye, and joined in on the attack, slashing down the WindClan apprentice's side. She felt satisfied as her claws dug into the cats flank, a look of content on her face. "You should've stayed on your side of the border you filthy WindClan cat." She growled.
@TheNyanCatMinecart @celeste

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

This space is empty and filled with dust.

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably