Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!

Check out our May 4th Rapid-Paced Lottery!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Cbox out of context
by ollie
Last post by hades.
Today 06:34 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 06:34 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by TheNyanCatMinecart
Today 06:16 PM
Croaking Swamp
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 06:11 PM

Old April 25th, 2024, 08:28 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Default I've returned... to find a Shrew (P)

It felt weird being back. So many new faces, hardly anyone was still here that he knew. His son was gone, his mate was gone, and even his brother. But then he spotted a familiar face. It wasn't one he particularly wanted to find though. Shrewstep. His old enemy. Fiercefire approached the other tom. "Hey, old friend." He said with a smirk. ( @gs29513 )
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old April 26th, 2024, 04:01 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: I've returned... to find a Shrew (P)

Something wasn't right. Shrewstep didn't quite know why, didn't quite know what or who the source of the wrongness was, but he no longer felt safe. The small tom had been rather lounging about the clearing, hoping one of the mollies he was variously flirting with would pass by, when the scent passed him. It wasn't the same as it had been, of course. His memory had changed, the scent had changed, less of Shadowclan and more of the Outskirts now. But it mattered not. He still knew it, for it smelled far too much of his enemy, his enemies. Fiercefire. Frogfang's brother. Marigoldleap's old mate who he'd never liked but pretended to tolerate when they were in public. A cat he'd fought as a young warrior, the chuckle twins, then paws, chasing him through the forest under some guise of training, sparring with claws unsheathed and intent to hurt if not to kill. Fiercefire.

Approaching him. Of course. Those two never could leave well enough alone, even if it was only Fiercefire this time. It could have been fine if not for their meddling nature, Shrewstep was sure of that. Peaceful. He wouldn't have hardened his heart as much as he had if there wasn't a constant threat, a constant danger. Fiercefire was the secondary villain, but a villain nonetheless. Marigoldleap had been unable to get him under control, unsurprisingly. Once a scummy frog, always a scummy frog.

Drawing himself up to his full height (not impressive in the slightest but the thought was there at least), Shrewstep faced the enemy head-on. Hello old friend. he purred, voice intended to be sweet as honey but coming out more vitriolic than anything. Even his usually silvery tongue broke out of his control sometimes, the deep loathing within him finding it's way into his speech. I must say, I'm surprised to see you here alone. was his opening salvo, to the battle of words which would surely proceed from here. There was no way around it. They were in the clearing so physical blows were out of the question lest Dawnstar throw them both to the minks, but words could hurt just as much, if not more. You always did need someone to watch your back for you. But they were gone now. All of their backers, their seconds, were gone. Marigoldleap was still around, but wouldn't be getting involved in this confrontation. Shrewstep supposed he could call upon one of his beautiful friends if he really needed to, but for the moment it was just them. It wasn't Frogfang, he didn't have anyone to protect, but all Shrewstep could feel was deja vu. Deja vu, and angry confidence. @JackHunt_17
Old April 27th, 2024, 02:14 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Fiercefire didn't let the retort sting. "You know as well as I do that you're bluffing. I'm more surprised to see you by yourself, little Shrew." He said, a sharp comeback of his own. "Not very smart for a rodent to tread alone around the paws of warriors."

Then he changed his tone and facial expression. "In all seriousness though, I'm glad to see a familiar face, even if it is you. I've been gone and alone for so long, and I lost my whole family. I've not seen them in 20+ moons. I've not even seen other warriors in 20+ moons." He sighed. "I miss my son, and my mate. And Frogfang. Do you know anything about their whereabouts? If they're ok? I know Lynxpaw left before I did, and I left to find him, but I never did and I hoped he'd make his way back here but he's not here..." His face looked older, his muzzle grayer, as he said these saddening words.
( @gs29513 )
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
~~~~

Last edited by JackHunt_17; April 27th, 2024 at 02:14 PM.
Old April 27th, 2024, 08:53 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

This was the familiarity he had been craving, if not consciously, for moons. Even since before he'd come back. It was what had dragged him back, despite the knowledge that it was unlikely to be found here anymore with how fast cats could move from one place to another to a third. A smile slipped, unbidden, onto his maw as his wit FINALLY had something to do beyond idle flirtations with she-cats. Despite the fun that carried, the thrill battle could inspire, this was Shrewstep's true talent. What he could and would and should be doing every day of his life as far as he knew. The world had sharpened him like a claw against stone, and it had felt wrong to feel that beautiful, shiny talon sink into nothing but moss and dirt.

Who says I'm by myself? he inquired, quirking a catbrow as impishly and challengingly as he could manage. Being so small, it was an expression he affected often. At the moment I may simply be enjoying a break from my adoring fans. This was patently untrue, but he also had no desire to address the short comment because......really? He was almost disappointed FOR Fiercefire, height jokes were SO apprentice material. Like, come on! Surely they were warriors now and could manage something more cutting than 'you're small', especially as that source of material had already been exhausted many times over. The next bit of wordplay was, admittedly, far better, and he chuckled slightly. And what 'warriors' are there here? He pretended to look left and right a bit wildly (and also checked to ensure Dawnstar wasn't around because he was maybe about to say something a teensy bit blasphemous about the Queen of Mean). All I see is a kitten come crawling back to the clan he abandoned. Hypocritical, but Fiercefire didn't know that.

He had to admit, his opposing warrior was a bit more.....profound after that. He had to consider his words, albeit with a small snort at the 'even if it's you' line. That was fair enough. He had been feeling so...young in their little interlude of spitting and snarling. This alone, perhaps, kept him quiet enough to listen to Fiercefire's story, if it could be called that. His sadnesses, more like. Shrewstep felt irrationally sorry. Losing everyone.....it was a bit cliche to say he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. But......no. No, Fiercefire wasn't his WORST enemy, that title fell to Frogfang alone. So he could allow himself a moment of empathy, for he was in a similar boat. He had found Marigoldleap, though he wasn't sure if that ought to be shared, and until he had conferred with his friend wouldn't be. It certainly didn't feel like the kind of thing you just upped and said without permission, especially when the cat in question had gone to the trouble of moving to another clan and changing their name.

It is hard he mewed more solemnly to go from so many cats around you to so few. As pleased as I was, and remain, it felt important to clarify that. As entertaining as this interlude into his otherwise somewhat uninspiring life had been, it didn't need to be a regular thing to have seen the back of your brother, I can tell you that I have not seen Lynxpaw here, or at a gathering to my knowledge. He probably would have recognized the tom, or maybe not. But he didn't know his whereabouts at this point regardless and everyone deserved some closure as to where their kits were. If they were still alive, or dead. Stars knew he'd like to know what had become of his little ones.

Ebonyfang is also no longer about, there have been several changes in medicine cat since you left and he is no longer with us. It felt strange to speak of the very living Marigoldleap as though she were dead, but Ebonyfang had for all intents and purposes vanished. Even in personality, his friend was so different that she hardly counted as the same cat, though still one near and dear to his heart. I'm sorry. I know that, if nothing else, you cared about your family and it hurts to lose them. That was one of the few things he could respect about the chuckle twins. One of the things he had envied them for. He had managed to scrape together a family of Driftstep and Blackhaze and Foggybrook. Doeflame and her kits who he had cared for and tried to protect. His own beautiful children with Falcon, whom his beloved Lilyleap had raised as her own like the pure soul she was. But he had never had siblings. After Blackhaze had gone far too soon, he had been the one leading the charge. The one who ought to do the protecting. The idiot twins had been able to call for backup, if nothing else. @JackHunt_17
Old April 28th, 2024, 02:09 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

"I didn't abandon my clan. I went after my son, who Shadowclan turned their back on. He's probably dead... he was so injured when he ran off. He left because he felt unwanted, useless, and I went after him, like any father would. I never found him though..." Fiercefire said.

Shrewstep informed him that he'd not heard anything about Lynxpaw which added to his fears. And then the news that Ebonyfang was gone too. So he truly was alone. "I'm glad you're not alone, it's hard knowing my family is gone..." Fiercefire sighed. "Do you have kin in the clan still?" He asked.
( @gs29513 )
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~