Love of the storm...
by Spider.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:36 PM

Old July 14th, 2024, 07:29 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days
My Mood: Adorable
Default Coco’s Twoleg Den

The human den is an average sized condo home within a small community. It has a fenced in backyard with a kitty-door into the yard so Coco can lounge in the sun.

Old July 14th, 2024, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Coco’s Twoleg Den

Coco
Female | 23 Moons | Kittypet | Posts: 1
small skinny she-cat with floppy ears and beige fur with white speckles. she has bright green eyes
Purrks: None
Interaction For: Open!

She padded outside, a small smirk creeping on her face as the warm sun met her pelt. It was nice, finally being allowed outside and all after the plentiful of trips to the vets. They just made her feel worse, and they let her know how sick she really was. She saw the changes in herself too.

She was still getting the best of life though! Her sick wasn’t getting to her, not yet. She leapt onto the flatter side of the fence and shook out her fur, breathing in and taking in all the scents around her. The outdoors—it was so beautiful!

Last edited by Rowan; July 14th, 2024 at 07:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Coco
Female | 23 Moons | Kittypet | Posts: 2
small skinny she-cat with floppy ears and beige fur with white speckles. she has bright green eyes
Interaction For: Open! If you see this and are an outsider feel free to hop in!

Today she didn’t feel as good as usual, but everyone had their ups and downs right? Today was just a down. It was a cloudier, gloomier day out. It matched her mood and he didn’t mind that much. She stepped outside of the kitty door…well more like crawled. Her legs felt weak today. She got a few shots in them…ouch.

She went over to a patch she enjoyed and laid down in it, rolling a bit before settling herself and looking at the sky, making out shapes in the clouds. It was so pretty huh? One day…one day she’d run among them!

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Confused

Aki
| it/its | Rogue |

Aki was walking about the Housefolks’ nests, as was customary for it. For any cat who dared exist outside those four walls, food and shelter was often hard to come by. But, hey, that didn’t mean it couldn’t take advantage of their generosity, right? Sure, some cats may find it beneath them to accept offerings from those strange creatures. For Aki, though, anything that made survival any easier was very welcome. Almost anything, that is.

Aki turned its head to the side, catching the scent of a cat, mixing with the scents of Housefolk. A pet. Locating the other cat with its eyes, it couldn’t help but let out an amused snort. How could she look so carefree? Sure, she had all of her needs looked after by her Housefolk. But living with those creatures? It was simply unthinkable. And Aki decided to let the pet know.

“Those brows have never seen a crease, have they?” Aki commented, approaching the she-cat’s territory as it balanced on the thin wall that surrounded it. “You do realize you’re trapped, don’t you?”

(throwing aki at you!)

( @Rowan )

Last edited by Fits; Yesterday at 11:05 PM. Reason: missed the part about the yard being fenced oops
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Coco
Female | 23 Moons | Kittypet | Posts: 3
Interaction For: @Fits

Ah the breeze in her fur…it felt so ni- oh, company? She normally enjoyed other cats but today something was curling in her stomach and her head throbbed. It’s fine. She’d shake it off, literally. She rolled over onto her feet and shook out her fur before seeing the cat. It didn’t smell of two-legs…maybe a loner thingy? That was cool!

She cocked her head to the side at what he said last, her ears flopping as it tilted. “Trapped? Oh I’ve thought about leaving a lot! I’ll have to one day anyway but…I know I wouldn’t live long without their help.” She offered the outsider a soft smile.

Old Today, 12:52 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Confused

Aki
| it/its | Rogue |

So the other cat was thinking of leaving her Housefolk? Interesting, some cats were still amenable to reason. Most pets Aki had met were too stuck in their ways to consider a life beyond those creatures, too frightened of the unknowns of the outside world to even consider leaving the short, soft grass of their territories. Aki knew firstpaw that living alone wasn’t easy, but it’d choose that life of freedom a hundred times over those ridiculous Housefolk nests.

“You are? I see,” Aki tilted its own head, tail flicking rhythmically against the fence. “But what makes you think you couldn’t survive without your Housefolk?” That was another thing that perplexed Aki. Pets had no self-confidence, little to no faith in the idea that cats could live independently. Seriously dragging cats’ good name through the mud. “Other cats do it all the time, you know, and many of them turn out just fine in the end.

“‘Sides, it’s not like you can’t still benefit from those critters,” Aki continued. “Many of them have got so much food, they don’t even know what to do with it. That’s where strays like me come in. Go in, get what you need, and move on with your life. No strings attached. Pretty good arrangement, I’d say.”

( @Rowan )