Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Burn the Stars [P]
by Fish
Last post by Fish
Today 06:35 PM
battles? (been wondering...
by lark.
Last post by alec
Today 06:28 PM
ShadowClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by hades.
Today 06:23 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 06:20 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by forest
Today 06:17 PM

Old March 5th, 2024, 02:11 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default minkpaw training [p]

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

the grey molly rolled over in her nest, restless, and finally decided to look for any other cats already awake instead of overthinking their current position. white paws silently carried her across the clearing, morning fog curling around her, somewhat comforting in its familiarity from her dreams. comforting but not enough to forget about watching a body still, life fading from their eyes as a strangers blood soaked her fur. she shook her head, focussing on the lone cat she was steadily approaching.
"good morning fadingsun! can you help me with training?" she mewed, voice lowered slightly due to the early hour and most cats still being asleep.

@Cherry~ (hope youre the right person )

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store
Old March 16th, 2024, 10:33 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: minkpaw training [p]

( @alec )

Fadingsun turned as a familiar voice piped up near him; Minkpaw, the cat he had disciplined some time ago for helping a loner out in their territory. The apprentice hadn't caused any problems lately, so for the most part the black-and-orange tom had decided to let the previous incident slide.

His whiskers twitched as Minkpaw requested help with training; either a lot of these mentors were slacking, or he had (for some reason unbeknownst to him) become quite popular with the youth. He tried to avoid shuddering at the thought of the latter.

Rising to his paws, he nodded at the younger cat. "Of course. What do you need help with?"
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old March 17th, 2024, 03:27 AM
revenge is a fools game

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
@Cherry~

"i havent done water hunting in quite a while..would you be okay with that?" minkpaw asked, carefully polite, she should probably think about how she speaks to other cats normally but fadingsuns presence made her automatically resort to what she would deem best behaviour. she wouldnt necessarily say he scared her but that was almost the truth, however, minkpaw was almost confident she could easily overplay that by just claiming politeness.
and no matter what she thought of him, he was still a respected warrior and she needed training.

━━━━━━━━
Old March 25th, 2024, 12:39 AM

( @alec )

Water hunting? That was certainly something he could do. He wouldn't call himself a master fisher, but he certainly wasn't unskilled in that department. Nodding briskly, the warrior began heading out of camp. "Water hunting is definitely something we can do. From the sounds of it, you've done it before? We can work on fine-tuning your approach."

Once they reached the river, Fadingsun glanced down into its depths. He knew that some cats liked to hunt from beneath the surface, but that was certainly not his forte. Any time he tried, he always came back empty-pawed.

That being said, they'd only be fishing today. Turning his head toward Minkpaw, he instructed, "Okay. Show me how you fish. It doesn't matter if you succeed or not; I'm just looking to see how your form is."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old March 25th, 2024, 07:31 AM
revenge is a fools game

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons] <<-
@Cherry~

"its been a while but i can try" she shrugged, they had a singular fishing lesson many many moons back with their first or second mentor and the sickness had consumed most of her memory of that day so this would certainly not be something she just did right from the start..but on the other hand, she had done her fair share of land hunting recently so perhaps that would at least help somehow. regardless, fine tuning sounded good and perhaps fadingsun wasnt as scary close up as he was from more of a distance.
that said she approached the water, "i really dont remember much.." the apprentice murmured, eyes focussed on what lied below the crinkling surface of a water, a couple of fish with shiny reddish and green scales twisting their slick bodies around the brilliant green of sprawling fern like plants. they waited. and waited. and waited, unsheathed claws piercing the soft ground beneath, until one of the fish drifted up towards the surface, towards a small spider looking thing skidding across as if the water was ice and it was impossible to sink. (rolled 15) hinged mouth opened to swallow to spider whole, the fish was almost close enough to break the surface when minkpaw shot her shot, white tipped paw pushing into the water to scoop the fish up and out of the water before watching it wiggle on the damp dirt beneath her paw. the whole ordeal had not been that much different to hunting rabbits..well except the whole water part and the fact that fish were way slimier than rabbits..but scooping the fish out of the water to gain an advantage felt similar to tripping the rabbit to hinder an escape.

━━━━━━━━
Old April 3rd, 2024, 04:03 PM
revenge is a fools game

bonk @occultation

━━━━━━━━
Old April 11th, 2024, 04:50 PM

( @alec )

Fadingsun watched quietly as Minkpaw focused on the river. Their form looked good, exactly what he'd expect out of a trained fisher. The apprentice showed an excellent amount of patience, one of the key things to a successful fish.

After several moments, Minkpaw lashed out with a paw and scooped up a good-sized fish. She plopped it down on the bank, watching it wriggle about. Fadingsun's head tipped a bit to one side in curiosity; what was so fascinating about a fish that she wouldn't kill it immediately? Maybe she just didn't know how. "After you scoop it out of the water, you can deal a hard bite to its head or smack its head to kill it. Your form looked excellent; for not having fished in a while, you're doing a great job."
Old April 14th, 2024, 12:59 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post
( @alec )

Fadingsun watched quietly as Minkpaw focused on the river. Their form looked good, exactly what he'd expect out of a trained fisher. The apprentice showed an excellent amount of patience, one of the key things to a successful fish.

After several moments, Minkpaw lashed out with a paw and scooped up a good-sized fish. She plopped it down on the bank, watching it wriggle about. Fadingsun's head tipped a bit to one side in curiosity; what was so fascinating about a fish that she wouldn't kill it immediately? Maybe she just didn't know how. "After you scoop it out of the water, you can deal a hard bite to its head or smack its head to kill it. Your form looked excellent; for not having fished in a while, you're doing a great job."

minkpaw nodded, "im glad its okay, its not that different to regular hunting.. but do you have anything i should work on? and tips maybe?" she cocked her head in question, eyes on fadingsun. even if her hunting was fine she needed to be better, 'fine' wouldnt do it for her, she was going to be a 14 moon old apprentice soon, she had to be perfect.
the fish was still wiggling next to her and she silently lifted a white tipped paw, eyes still on fadingsun and placed it on the fish, piercing it with her claws and effectively keeping it in place as the wiggling stilled. the thought that this might come across as threatening didnt dawn on her until it was too late.

━━━━━━━━
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:21 PM

( @alec )

At the request for tips, Fadingsun didn't really have anything to offer. There wasn't much more that Minkpaw needed to work on, at least when it came to fishing from the shore. Now, fishing from within the water... perhaps that was a different story.

The tom jerked his head toward the river. "Let's see how your fishing skills are in the water. Fishing from within the river is harder; the fish have a definite advantage over you there. That being said, you have more options in the river than on the side of it."
Old April 18th, 2024, 01:50 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post
( @alec )

At the request for tips, Fadingsun didn't really have anything to offer. There wasn't much more that Minkpaw needed to work on, at least when it came to fishing from the shore. Now, fishing from within the water... perhaps that was a different story.

The tom jerked his head toward the river. "Let's see how your fishing skills are in the water. Fishing from within the river is harder; the fish have a definite advantage over you there. That being said, you have more options in the river than on the side of it."
minkpaw nodded, following the tom to the river, she had had a swimming lesson but swimming and fishing at the same time sounded harder, especially after never actually learning to fish from inside the floods..perhaps her former mentors had been as bad as she tended to describe them. however, the confirmation that she at least somewhat knew her way around fishing from the shove boosted her confidence a tad and she tried to approach the new situation positively.

━━━━━━━━