by dino.
Last post by burntToast
Today 04:25 PM

Old July 1st, 2024, 11:21 AM
villain of your dreams

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default TMA fear inspired Dark Forest cats

still we hunt, still we grieve, here in this garden of bones.
so, i've had the idea for a group of dark forest cats inspired by The Magnus Archives fears, each with their own goals and ideals, getting in the way of eachother or working together. a lot of meddling in the real world, i imagine. How you decide to turn these concepts into characters is entirely up to you.

RULES:
the first wave of fears will be picked on 08/07/2025
their death should be related to their fear in some way
they should have been dead for at least 150 moons.
they should have a central goal/motivation

there is no form! just throw some info at me. not a high energy/super focused plot because they're dark forest cats and don't have activity sweeps or anything like that. just something fun to bring a bit more clan/df interaction.

THE BURIED
Also called The Centre, Choke, Too Close I Cannot Breathe, Forever Deep Below Creation.
The fear of small spaces, suffocating, drowning, being buried alive. Fear of everything crashing down around/on oneself. Fear of being trapped without enough space.
Caves, dirt, financial issues, heavy rain, underground transport, tight spaces such as coffins.

OPEN
THE CORRUPTION

Also called Filth, The Crawling Rot, Flesh Hive.
The fear of corruption, disease, filth. Fear of the feelings of disgust, revulsion and the things or beings that might evoke such feelings.
Mould, bugs, rot, decay, infection, the feeling of one's skin crawling. Can also manifest as unhealthy love and companionship

OPEN
THE DARK

Also called Mr. Pitch, The Forever Blind.
The primal fear of the dark, of the unseen, and the creatures hiding from our view.
The Dark is said to be one of the oldest Entities.
Creatures hidden in the dark, shadow figures and monsters, blindness, coldness, dark water.
OPEN
THE DESOLATION

Also called The Lightless Flame, The Torturing Flame, The Devastation, The Blackened Earth, The Ravening Burn, Asag.
The fear of pain, loss, burning, and destruction, especially with a senseless cause.
Followers are enriched by destroying the lives of people who had things to live for, and destroying things before their potential is realised.
Fire, wax, heat, burns, destruction of potential.
OPEN
THE END

Also called Death, Terminus, the Termination of All Life, The Coming End That Waits For All And Cannot Be Ignored.
The fear of death itself—⁠uncaring and unstoppable, the fear that everything ends eventually.
Bones, various forms of the dead (skeletons, mummies, zombies, etc.). Also has close ties to dreams and can manifest through them.
@redshiftreign
THE EYE

Also called Beholding, The Ceaseless Watcher, It Knows You, The Great Eye that watches all who linger in terror and gorges itself on the sufferings of those under its unrelenting stuporous gaze.
The fear of being watched, exposed, followed, having secrets exposed. Can also pertain to the drive to know and understand, even if your discoveries might destroy you.
eyes, security cameras, a creature or figure that keeps constant watch.
OPEN

THE FLESH

Also called Viscera.
Born from the fear held by animals farmed for meat, and in the realisation that we are just animated meat and bones.
Manifests as meat, corpses, blood, bones, butchers, meat-related imagrey. Strange bodies—bodies being unnaturally twisted, reshaped, and butchered.
Thought to be the newest of the 14.

OPEN
THE HUNT

Also called Blood.
The animalistic fear of being chased or hunted; the primal fear of being prey.
predators, predatory monsters, animal instincts, animalistic traits.
OPEN
THE LONELY

Also called Forsaken, The One Alone.
The fear of isolation, of being completely cut off and alone or disconnected from the rest of society.
Manifests as fog, large rooms, silence, suburbs, empty rooms, crowds of faceless people.
OPEN
THE SLAUGHTER

The fear of pure, unpredictable, unmotivated violence. The fear of pain coming at sudden, random moments.
Manifests as people driven "mad with Slaughter," soldiers. Imagery of war or murder, and can appear wild like a frenzied killer or calm and regimented like soldiers firing on the battlefield.
OPEN

THE SPIRAL

Also called Es Mentiras (It Is Lies), The Twisting Deceit, It Is Not What It Is.
The fear of madness, that the world you know is wrong, that your mind is lying to you. Fear of deception, lying, deceiving of the mind and senses.
imagery of spirals, patterns and fractals, and hallucinations or illusions.
OPEN
THE STRANGER

Also called I Do Not Know You.
The fear of the unknown, the uncanny, the unfamiliar. The creeping sense that something is not right.
Manifests as beings and aspects of beings that provoke an "uncanny valley" human and other being-adjacent forms, such as mannequins, wax figures, masks, and taxidermy.
OPEN
THE VAST

Also called The Falling Titan.
The fear of heights, falling, and large open spaces including sky, space, and deep water. More broadly: the human fear of insignificance and meaninglessness, of losing oneself in too much space.
Void, wide-open spaces, vertigo, falling, the transformation of something that should have a limit into something infinite.
OPEN
THE WEB

Also called The Spider, The Great Spider, Mother of Puppets, The Mother, The Spinner of Schemes, The Hidden Machination.
The fear of being controlled or trapped, especially being unaware of one's own entrapment. The fear of being forced to do things against one's own will, of being manipulated. Also the fear of spiders.
spiders, spider webs, web-like patterns, puppets.
OPEN

grousepaw is shadowclan's medicine cat apprentice
they and mossfreckle have a semi-closed den policy.

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Antlerkit

Last edited by redshiftreign; July 1st, 2024 at 06:22 PM.
Old July 1st, 2024, 11:56 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Cool

Default Re: TMA fear inspired Dark Forest cats

DimDog-The Buried-Dark forest,Formely Wc
DimDog was a tunnler a path his Father and mother both wanted for him at an early age he realized the fear of suffocating however his mentor fogear refused to allow him to train as a moor runner when he went to the leader she called him a coward and there was no room in their clan for a cat who couldn’t do their duties so he pushed his fears deep down as moons passed he eventually got his warrior name.When a group of travelers passed through they had asked to see the tunnels though one of these rouges had caused a deep offense to him what better way to take care of a nuisance than causing a cave in..he knew how to spot them so he took this rouge down near a new tunnel that they had been working on this tunnels was notorious for constant cave ins and a faint smell of badger.When they had gotten down far enough he turned and started scraping at the ceiling what he didn’t know was that there was a hidden water duct when he caused the cave in he opened a floodgate he was washed away drowning in the place he feared most.He wants Windclan apprentices or any apprentices for that matter to suffer like he did..if a cat is a coward he looks down on them..due to how the people who he looked up to in his life looked down on him
@redshiftreign

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 11:24 PM.
Old July 1st, 2024, 01:30 PM
Vanity of Vanities

My Mood: Bored

SHADE FROST

The DARK

Shadefrost is a lean, pitch black cat with sapphire blue eyes and silver whiskers.

When he was a Kit, he hated the dark. It wasn't that he was afraid, he just never had good encounters with it. His dreams were always dark too, and he'd usually see things that were either too frightening for him to remember or they'd be important, but too hard for him to tell what was happening. As he got older, he forced himself to purge weakness from his entire being, which meant fears of any kind had no place in his life. Besides, as a Shadowclan Warrior he had to be able to co-exist with the Shadows. But it didn't mean he ever grew to like it. Now, as the spirit of a once great warrior, he absolutely hates it. There's no worse feeling than traversing the cold and dark forest he's been cursed to wonder.
@redshiftreign

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer

Last edited by Levi 99; July 1st, 2024 at 01:45 PM.
Old July 1st, 2024, 01:32 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

PLACEHOLDER SNATCHED

mumble is one of the atari healers!
she has an open den policy.
healer's den

cobwebfernmumble
trackers
Old July 1st, 2024, 01:43 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: call me when you need me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

DEEPSKY;
THE VAST • THE FALLING TITAN
THE AWFUL DEEP & THE ENDLESS SKY

statement taken from harewhisker, former mentor
"I didn't think her the type, you know. I mean, obviously I know what happened, I'm not trying to say she didn't do any of it, I just—you wouldn't think it, is all. I didn't, anyway. She was polite like any other young cat when she was assigned to me, not very talkative at the start. Easy, I thought. I wasn't going to turn my nose up at easy. I've taught plenty of ungrateful little snots, figured I deserved some 'easy' by now.

Then, just my luck—hardly two days into her training and I hear polite little Deeppaw's gone off and led her own patrol. At night. During a storm. Sandtooth's apprentice at the time, that was erm...uh, Tanglesnap, now? He ratted them out, said he didn't think they'd actually make it out of camp past sundown but, then, all of a sudden it was the middle of the night—maybe sometime past moonhigh, hard to tell through the storm clouds—and they hadn't come back yet. Beebrained little idiot couldn't have come and told us sooner, of course. Of course not.

Sorry. It's hard not to think this wouldn't have happened if he'd just had a spine, maybe. Or if I'd been more on top of things, or...well. Anyway: that night, I think, is what started it. You'll see what I mean.

So we get a pair of proper patrols together, mine was with me and Sandtooth, Foxtwitch, uh, Wheatpelt too, I think? Since it was their apprentices involved. Couldn't tell you who went out with the other one. That was an awful night, awful storm. The moor was just starting to change color but it wasn't quite Leaf-fall yet, so the rains still howled with that Greenleaf heat. Everyone's noses and ears were whipped sore by storm-tossed grass. Someone made a joke, Foxtwitch probably, that this must be what Riverclan feels like when they swim. Wasn't very funny at the time. Not very funny now, either.

And...and I remember looking up, just once, trying to find the moon. The sky was so dark, so cloud-covered, and it felt closer than I'd ever...I mean...but it wasn't that Starclan was closer to us or anything, it was—
Stars, I'll start sounding like her at this rate. Excuse me. Where'd I...right. That night, the storm, the missing apprentices.

We weren't making very much progress. Everybody was worried about twisting their foot on a burrow or a tunnelmouth, none of us could smell a thing. We'd all agreed that one of the apprentices, uh...right, that would've Dovebelly back then, 'paw, whichever—Dovepaw would've been the easiest to spot, with her fur and all. So we're out there like blind mice wading through this, this grass ocean, just looking for a glimpse of white or something...anything. For the longest time though, it was just...that. Just the walking, just the grass sea, just the storm. I tried not to look up anymore. Turned my stomach any time I did. I don't...I don't like to think about why.

We, uh...well, we found two of them. Wheatpelt and Foxtwitch's. They'd holed up in an old badger set, twisted around each other like frightened kits. Foxtwitch made another stupid joke, I don't remember what it was but I remember it made Dovepaw cry. Or maybe the other thing did, the thing I said about not having found Deeppaw yet.

'She left,' they said. 'She was trying to catch the sky.'

I—tried. I tried to keep looking after that, but the apprentices needed help getting back and it was just so dark and so—endless, I guess. You never know how wide the moors stretch until you've got to plow through them on a night like that. We took Dovepaw and the other one back. The second patrol came back some time later, said they had no more luck than we did. Felt like such an ass about it but at the time I was just so tired I didn't care anymore. So what if she's ran off to catch the sky? I wished her the best of luck and just went to sleep after that. I remember thinking it might just be a good thing, if she died out there; one less moron in the clan.

Next morning, I think it was Gorsehop that kicked me awake. Said they'd delayed dawn patrol by a bit because of the storm, but that they'd finally set off and come back. 'Deeppaw is with them,' he said, 'and you should probably go see her'.

Didn't take long to see what he meant by that.

She looked a mess, like that storm had chewed her up and spat her out, and she just kept talking and talking—raving, practically. Nothing like the polite little thing I'd touched noses with. She kept saying how close she'd been, she'd been so close, over and over. I asked her what she meant. She just said, 'I almost had the sky.'"

name deepsky
allegiance formerly of windclan
age at death 24 moons
cumulative age ~180 moons
gender female; she/her
fear the vast
build towering, but thinly-formed; she's a lanky creature
eyes pale blue-grey—colorless in the right light
coat long and fine, silver with darker lynx-point markings

statement taken from dovebelly, former denmate

"So...so Harewhisker told you about that night, right? Sorry, I just—I don't really want to talk about it again if he already...if it's all the same, I'd just rather not.

Deepsky, or, 'paw I guess—hah, sorry, I'm just not sure—we'll say Deeppaw, for now, okay? Thank you, sorry, hah. Anyway, Deeppaw was...different, after that. We grew up together, and back then she was always, erm, maybe a little weird, but not in a bad way. Just in a normal way, I guess? But after that night she got—odd. Sad, I think. O-Or worried about something? At first I thought she was just afraid of Harewhisker or something, since he's, y'know, sort of a grouch...not a bad grouch or anything! But! Well, I just figured she was worried she'd made a bad impression. The kind you can't unmake. And, maybe she did, but...

Well, looking back on it now, I know that's not what she was worried about. Not really.

So, after that night we were all stuck in camp doing chores for the longest time ever, of course. Deeppaw was pretty quiet for the most part. I uh, I heard what she'd been like after the dawn patrol found her, but that all seemed to end pretty quick and I didn't think it was polite to bring it back up again. But, believe me, she wasn't rambling like that anymore. She was just quiet. Kinda shifty, and sort of...well, sad I mentioned already, worried, maybe a little snippier than normal...I don't mean to, you know, make it all about me, but I really thought we were close, once. But, uh. She just—she just stopped...she stopped. I don't know how else to explain it. I tried to tak to her, swear I did, but...well. Uhm. Anyway.

By the time we were allowed to leave camp to train again, she didn't seem like she wanted to. No...no, sorry, I'm being too polite about it. I know it means nothing now. By the time we were allowed to leave camp again, she refused to go. Like, outright refused. The days leading up to that, we'd mostly been inside this den or that, cleaning out old nests or making repairs and such. I guess that's why it took me so long to realize it—I'll tell you in a moment. Uhm, at the time she just kept bickering with Harewhisker, digging her heels in. First she said it was too bright out, and then that there was too much wind, and then that it was just too much.

I remember Harewhisker was really cross with her, and I sort of get it. I mean, she'd gotten herself into the trouble she did trying to leave camp and catch the sky, of all the stupid things in the world, and now she's saying that it...that something is too much.
Harewhisker tried to teach her in camp, too, but I heard right before I left with Foxtwitch that she was still complaining. Said it was too much even out there. She complained that the sky was making her dizzy. Harewhisker just told her not to look, then.

That thing I said I'd tell you about, right? I think...I think that's what she was afraid of. It wasn't Harewhisker that bothered her, it was everything else. It was the sky. The sky, the wind, the...the open, maybe. I can't wrap my head around it anymore than Harewhisker could. I remember asking her some time later, I think I said...I said something like, 'Say, Deeppaw, don't you still want to catch the sky?'

You know, just trying to motivate her to get out there, I guess? But she just looked at me like—like, I don't know. I just felt like I'd said something I really shouldn't have.

She said, 'It doesn't want me to. And I think it's mad that I tried.'

She never told me what she meant. I guess...I-I guess I never really asked, either. It frightened me—she frightened me, ever since she left Flypaw and I behind in that burrow to go and chase the storm. It hadn't even been about that, you know, hadn't been about the sky wh-when she first asked us to come, but then something...

Sorry. I know. I said I didn't want to and then I started blabbing about it anyhow. It still makes my fur stick up. And, and clearly she'd been frightened by it, too! I mean, Starclan's sake, for the longest time you wouldn't catch her out in the open unless Harewhisker had threatened her with extra chores or something. She'd just cower under the gorse in the apprentice's den or secret herself away into the elder's den...but even then, I swear, I'd catch her looking up. Always up. Some days, I thought she looked seriously sick."

personality overview thoughtful, focused, both easily irritated and extremely patient. deepsky will wait for ages to see her own goals come to fruition, but she simply has no patience for other cats that might impede her progress, or who make intentional obstacles of themselves, or who talk too loud or breathe wrong or look funny or—you get the picture. try as she might, she is much too fickle to tolerate the company of others unless she is, or at least feels, indubitably in charge. deepsky's lucky that she's just charismatic enough that you wouldn't guess at her low tolerance for others, might even find her pleasant for a time, but she'll be quick to make her displeasure known at your earliest slip-up.

she's incredibly curious, malleable, fluid in her decision-making and in her process; no plan is permanent and nothing is finite. so long as the ends are what she wishes them to be, deepsky is not terribly picky about the means. she's more of a 'big picture' gal than one who stresses over the little details. now that she has all the time she could ever want, though she is still driven to achieve her goals, she's just not sweating it too hard.

pitfalls deepsky's struggle to cooperate with others or to tolerate their personalities for very long largely stems from a fear of being overshadowed. she cannot stand the idea that someone might be able to achieve her plan quicker than her (which she believes might be possible simply because she's both paranoid and vain; of course other cats want the same thing she wants, secretly), better than her, rendering her whole life and afterlife, too, moot. pointless. insignificant. she has to be in the lead because she has to stand out. it has to be her.

other deepsky is, in fact, afraid of heights and of falling, wide open spaces and thunderstorms too. worst than that, though, she's got this bad habit of ceaselessly pursuing the things that frighten her, leaning into that feeling the same as you'd press on a bruise or pick at a scab out of boredom. fear is a familiarity by now, and there is something terribly comforting in the feeling of unease while standing at a precipice.

a brief conversation between deeppaw and harewhisker, remembered by an unnamed onlooker
deeppaw: couldn't i do tunneling, instead?

harewhisker: eh?

deeppaw: [inaudible] and i just think i wouldn't feel so...sick, down there.

harewhisker: sick? deeppaw, are you sick? get to the medicine cat's den, then.

deeppaw: i don't think it's that kind of sick. it's like i'm dizzy, i think. like...like i can't feel the ground underneath me. like i'm in a storm again, reaching for the sky to hold me still.

harewhisker: you need to eat more, then. put some weight on you. bit of prey in your belly would keep your paws in place, make sure you don't go floating off into the clouds.

deeppaw: can that happen...?

harewhisker: and anyway, you wouldn't make it as a tunneler. you're not built for it. too tall, too thin. look at those feet; it'd take you moon to dig a shallow grave. you should be out in the grass, running with the rest of us.

deeppaw: [inaudible]

harewhisker: go on, get to the medicine cat's den. they'll put up with your whining; i won't.

drive what is it? that thing beyond the sky? the emptiness that yawns behind silverpelt? deepsky is convinced there is a greater force, a bigger something. she's convinced that she knows it, and that there is a way to reach it—to tear down all that is, carve a path through what is known, and find what isn't. she wants to be proven right, to force it to acknowledge her; feels she's been owed this all her existence.

now that she's dead (dying, after all, had to be the first step), she has all the time she needs to learn how to do this, and to open the eyes of those who haven't yet seen what she has. in a sense, this may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. what creates starclan, if not the mere belief in it? why only starclan, why only the dark forest, and not something bigger?

proving the existence of, or fabricating that existence by manipulating belief—an irrelevant matter of semantics, to deepsky. she teaches dreamers the storm, the cliff's edge, the great and awful deep. surely they'll come to recognize the thing that waits beyond the sky, just the same as she had. this way, she might coax it nearer. this way, it might become.

* from here onward, the suicide warning becomes relevant

from heathermouse, deepsky's mother

"I remember being so proud, the day Deepsky earned her warrior name. So relieved. She'd stopped talking to me much, and I tried not to let it bother me—I did the same, growing up, thought I was too big to speak to my mother anymore—but I was still worried. The things Harewhisker cared to tell me when I asked about how she was doing...that she struggled with these, these bouts of sickness, the dizziness—that she was unkind to her denmates, insecure about her progress, normal things for an angsty apprentice, I know, but...

You know. She'd aways been a bright, happy kit. So curious about everything. So I worried. But, finally, when she got her name I thought she looked brighter than I'd ever seen her. She even laughed about it. I wonder if Harewhisker was the one to suggest it...when I heard it called I was nervous, actually. In some ways I suppose one might think it a petty thing to name her, uh, considering...but no. No, Deepsky looked as proud of herself as I was.

I thought things were finally going to be alright."

from tanglesnap, former denmate
"It wasn't anythin' weird at first, the whole 'wandering off' thing. That was just how Deepsky was. After we all got our warrior names she'd mellowed out quite a bit, right, like with less visits to the medicine cat, less bickerin', less...weirdness...but she still had 'er quirks, and the wandering was one of 'em. So, no big deal, I thought. Every time she goes off at the end of a patrol, we usually find her out in Sedgewater Valley, just...lookin' around, I guess? And she's always so happy to see us after a moment, or like, pleasantly surprised. Like she forgot there were any other cats in the world. Somethin' like that. No problem, really.

I went with her once, sort of. Just followed her out there 'til the brine-stink rolling off the water made me gag. She had the same spot each time, right up on the cliffs at the edge, close enough to make me nervous. So that one time, I sorta just stood there, just to see what she was really up to or if she was up to anything at all. Turns out it was a whole lotta nothin'. I mean it: she'd just go out there 'n sit 'n stare. Up at the sky or down at the water, I'm not sure. Maybe it was both, lookin' back. So anyway, I started feelin' like a creep after a bit 'n I decided to go and, just, ask.

She got that happy-surprised look, not at all bothered that I had followed her, 'n she made me sit right down next to her. I remember feelin' queasy, scared to look down of course, but also a little scared to look up. When you're that close to a high edge with nothin' but water and sky to look at, it's like up and down stop mattering. You feel like you could fall in either direction.

'Isn't it something?' I remember she said. 'Don't you feel like you could just reach out and touch it?' I didn't know what she meant. All I felt like was that I was gonna hurl.

I've talked to Dovebelly and Flybite, some, about that night when she snuck off with them. I also heard about how strange she'd acted, her "sickness" or whatever. I didn't think she'd still be holdin' onto any of that—I mean...we were both grown at this point...I didn't wanna be mean but, like...—, but I also just didn't get it. Was she scared, or wasn't she? I asked her that. For a really long time she said nothin', just went back to starin' out into the emptiness.

I uh...I can't actually remember what the answer was, but I remember she looked ill when she said it. 'N she didn't bother leavin' with me, either, after all that. Said she was still lookin' for something."

a second statement from harewhisker, on deepsky seeking his help in mentoring

"I...I didn't...sorry, just give me a moment.

I won't pretend that Deepsky and I had ever been close. After that night with the storm I just didn't have it in me to be patient with her. All her little complaints, her gripes, it just felt like she was...was doing it on purpose, somehow. Just trying to get under my skin. I tried to do right by her but frankly, I was at my wits' end. I'm glad I haven't been assigned another apprentice, after her. I'm through with it.

When Deepsky was given an apprentice of her own, the last thing I expected was that she'd ask me for advice. Me, of all cats. And it was normal stuff, too, just...asking how to keep them engaged, or how I thought they might respond to one method or another. I think that was the longest we'd ever spoken without either of us snapping at the other, and—and, I mean, at the time she seemed really...receptive. Bright, even. She seemed like she was doing okay.

I thought she'd finally straightened out, you know? Got her head out of the clouds for good."

from rabbitspots, mother of the deceased

"Starclan must have a sick sense of humor. I don't care—I don't care if they can't control these things, if it's low of us to expect them to. All of them are sick. Voyeurs. They watched, and they did nothing.

Sunpaw was just so happy. She'd rush to me first thing after every lesson, tell me about what a clever warrior Deepsky was. I never shared a den with her, too far apart in our ages, but I heard...some. You hear things, you know? Whole clan full of gossips, this place. I was just relieved that Sunpaw didn't think her so strange, and that Deepsky seemed to be a fair teacher to her. A patient one. So I tried not to hover. Tried not to worry. Tried not to think too hard about Sunpaw suddenly having all these questions about—about Starclan, and what else is up there. That's right, she, she was almost obsessed, kept asking me one night what else? the sky is so big, ma, what else do you think lives in it? How about behind the sky, ma? What lives behind it?

Stars. Stars, I wish I'd been the one to...to do to that wretch what she did to Sunpaw...there's no justice in the world. None. But I couldn't even have the satisfaction of spitting on her rotten body, same as I couldn't see my daughter buried in the Starry Meadow. They said Deepsky fell. Someone said Flybite had shoved her, but Dovebelly seemed convinced she'd jumped off the cliff on her own. Flybite, the useless lump, had nothing to say on the matter. Just had this empty look to him.

And Sunpaw...my sweet, sweet Sunpaw, my Sunkit, my Sun...that monster brutalized her out there, bled her in the grass and threw her over the side. She must have been so scared..."

events leading to her end deepsky brought her apprentice to the cliffs at the edge of windclan's territory and murdered her there, apparently for no reason*, though there was plenty of private speculation after the fact. she was found by a patrol moments after having thrown the body over the side.

manner of death deepsky fell to her demise. reports vary: some claim she was pushed, others insist she leapt.

*the truth of it is, deepsky knew she would never be able to reach out past the sky while living, but she didn't know if she'd have the guts to commit to her own death unless there was no other option. and sunpaw, so eager to please, so curious about the great something, all young and innocent—deepsky knew that killing sunpaw would be unforgivable. life-ruining. the kind of thing she could never come back from.

in the end, the decision seemed obvious. it's easiest to take the plunge after you see someone else plummet.

taken from flybite, former denmate

"I didn't push her. Didn't even touch her, if that's what you're going to ask. I couldn't...I couldn't. We weren't ever very close, all things considered, but I still thought of her as a friend. This funny, distant friend...I didn't hate her, is all. Certainly didn't want her dead. Even when we found her up there by the cliffs, stained red from mouth to paws, I couldn't bring myself to hate her. She's always had this look about her, this vibrancy; like she's about to let you in on some secret. It's the kind of thing...well, it's the kind of thing that'd make you follow her into a storm, I guess, just to see where she might take you.

I just wanted to know, was all. Begged her to tell me what this was all for, why she'd done it. Why Sunpaw, why this. She'd stared out across the sea of grass behind us and I wondered if she could even hear me, but then she spoke:

'Flybite,'

I remember how she said my name. I didn't like it. She spoke like I was something small. Not, er, not condescending, like to a kit, but—worse, somehow. She said it how you'd say, 'rabbit'. It's a terrible feeling, to know someone your whole life and hear them say your name like that. Like they could just as easily forget it, if they wanted.

'Have you ever looked up? I mean really looked up.' That's what she said next, I think. That's when I realized I probably talking to a mad-cat. What sort of question is that, even? Have I ever looked up...she's wearing that poor kid's blood like a second fur asking me about, what, the weather?! Then she wanted to know if I knew what was up there. Like, really up there. 'Past Silverpelt. Past Starclan,' she said. I remember that part well, and I remember, just, screaming at her to get a grip, and that's when she said...she said she'd show me. She said, 'Look.'

And then she jumped.

I swear it. I didn't touch her. I don't care what Gorsehop's been saying. She was already so close to the edge, I didn't want to be anywhere near her. I couldn't have pushed her. She just—dove right off, like it was nothing. Might've landed right on top of poor Sunpaw, for all we know. Starclan, to think their bones'll be resting in the same spot...at least we know the rest of them have gone on to different places. I hope the Place of No Stars means there's no sky to be all loony about, either."

Last edited by dagnyme; Yesterday at 01:32 AM.
Old July 1st, 2024, 02:48 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Placeholder for the beholding
Old July 1st, 2024, 03:01 PM
villain of your dreams

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Placeholder for bitterpaw do not tell him im doing this he hates me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
SHADE FROST

The DARK

Shadefrost is a lean, pitch black cat with sapphire blue eyes and silver whiskers.

When he was a Kit, he hated the dark. It wasn't that he was afraid, he just never had good encounters with it. His dreams were always dark too, and he'd usually see things that were either too frightening for him to remember or they'd be important, but too hard for him to tell what was happening. As he got older, he forced himself to purge weakness from his entire being, which meant fears of any kind had no place in his life. Besides, as a Shadowclan Warrior he had to be able to co-exist with the Shadows. But it didn't mean he ever grew to like it. Now, as the spirit of a once great warrior, he absolutely hates it. There's no worse feeling than traversing the cold and dark forest he's been cursed to wonder.
@redshiftreign

hey, just want to let you two know that, as it says at the top of the finder, characters applied to this need to have been dead for at least 150+ moons (as to not know any living cats personally/been alive with them) ^^ sorry! i advise reading the whole finder before applying/putting down a placeholder next time.

grousepaw is shadowclan's medicine cat apprentice
they and mossfreckle have a semi-closed den policy.

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Antlerkit
Old July 1st, 2024, 03:02 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Placeholder!

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old July 1st, 2024, 03:23 PM
back from the dead

Status: On hiatus, you can still vm me or pm me! I'm focusing on posts but I will answer!
Bump Policy: 48hr
My Mood: Queenly

place holder for the stranger!
@redshiftreign
Old July 1st, 2024, 03:48 PM
back from the dead

Status: On hiatus, you can still vm me or pm me! I'm focusing on posts but I will answer!
Bump Policy: 48hr
My Mood: Queenly

TwilightBlood
THE STRANGER
300 moons | She/her | Dark Forest
The stranger in me

Past clan - Shadowclan

BACKSTORY
she was killed by a fellow clanmate that she did not know, it was a brutal death
for TwilightBlood atleast. She was running in the forest being chased by this
unknown cat that she somehow was enemies with. She tripped over a twig that
she had stepped on that made her stumble, she rolled down a hill, hitting limbs
and she was getting scratched up, blood was flowing out of her everywhere. But
she still kept running until she couldn't no more. Then the cat had got to her,
and did not say nothing and killed her on the spot with a few slashes to the throat.

She had no family in shadowclan, she was born as an outsider and was
abandoned on Shadowclan territory. A young warrior found her and got
her to the medicine cat den to see if she was ok and then took her to the
leader to see if she could join the clan because she was just an kit all alone.
She was accepted into the clan with open paws. She was treated like any
other normal clan cat and only a few times it was brought up about her being
an outsider by the cat who killed her.

She was 40 moons when she was killed and has this phobia of what she
has never seen or known. She is not welcoming to to new cats but can get
used to them and become a friend to them. Her fear affects her everyday life.

@redshiftreign

hopefully this is good!

Last edited by PINTO BEAN; Yesterday at 04:26 PM.