Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by silver.
Today 11:11 AM
♡ seastone's den ♡
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 11:03 AM
RiverClan Camp
Last post by Neptune.
Today 11:00 AM
♡ Medical advice | Cat...
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 10:55 AM
RiverClan Mountain...
Last post by wolfie
Today 10:53 AM

Old May 15th, 2024, 11:14 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default bound to duty. [p]

he/him // 7 moons
37/100

---

Alright. Time to approach another Enforcer to move his training along. It seemed as though his own mentor was too busy for his tastes so he would get his training finished one way or another. Even if it meant each lesson would come from a different cat. Making his way into the clearing, Hawkbite isn't necessarily difficult to find. A well known presence around camp and one that Bitternpaw looked up to. So he makes his way over with no hesitation, body language confident. Head raised high and his strides airing on arrogant. Though he was hardly arrogant, he felt the need to hold himself in a higher regard when speaking to those he deemed worthy of Shadowclan's strength. Like this guy.

"Morning." He begins, stopping a few tail lengths away. "I need to ask you something. I would like more in depth training. Will you show me something new?"

Yes, perfect! Polite and to the point. He was getting better at this manners thing. Now he just had to put it into practice speaking to his other clan mates and not just those he respected...

hawkbite | @SuspiciousMindz

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old May 29th, 2024, 12:23 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: bound to duty. [p]

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

Sprawled out during the daylight hours was something Hawkbite was often caught doing. The dude preferred doing things at dusk or nighttime. It was cooler, but also, he liked the stealth. Was his specialty you could say. So daytime was naptime, until he would be interrupted -- which was often.

Being approached by the apprentices and even some warriors was nothing new to the tom. In fact, he didn't mind when the younger cats approached simply to get some training or learn something. Bitternpaw was already making a nice impression on the Commander for simply that.

Although, his head cocked a little and he even flashed a teased smile as the young feline. "Well, what do you already know? Can't help you learn something new without knowing what you already know," Hawkbite replied. His tone echoed that of the apprentice. Polite and calm. He was intrigued. "Or did you have something specific in mind?"

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old June 12th, 2024, 07:17 AM
silly little guy

52/100
shc apprentice // 8 moons // he/him
purrks: agatha kitty, the collector, rapid recovery

---

It was no secret what the older tom was capable of. What he specialized in. And therefore Bitternpaw was determined to be taught the best of the best. So he eyes the lounging Enforcer with an air of impatience. As if he were truly expecting him to know what he knew and what he didn't. Huff.

"Ambush training. I've been trained in many other skills, but nothing like that."

Since he had already learned a thing or two about stealth, he figures something like ambush hunting would be the next step forward. And might as well be taught by a master of stealth such as he. Eager glint to his gaze, he awaits a response, paws ready to follow the other wherever they were to begin their training the moment he rose to his paws.

character bios.
Old June 13th, 2024, 08:41 PM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

This was the second request he'd gotten from an apprentice. He wouldn't complain. It was different from the battle training classes that needed held more often than he cared to admit to. This clan had gotten lazy. The apprentices weren't learning the basics in a timely manner. A matter he could claw a tree about later.

Hawkbite shifted, getting to his paws and taking a glance up towards the sun. It would be dusk soon, that was good. "Do you know how to climb trees yet?" He'd inquire, gesturing for the apprentice to follow him out into the territory now.

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old June 14th, 2024, 10:21 AM
silly little guy

53/100
shc apprentice // he/him // 8 moons

---

One would think climbing was something an apprentice would learn fairly early on. Knowing how to climb and get back down could prove useful for both offense and defense. Who knows when the situation would arise where some twoleg mutts would chase him, eyes mad with bloodlust, and his only escape being up a tree. It would be a useful asset to his knowledge-- and if Hawkbite brought it up in regards to ambush training then it had to be adjacent. With a nod he follows the Commander out into the territory, tall ears alert to the sounds of the birds hiding high in trees blanketed in dusk light.

"No, I do not. But I am not against learning how."

character bios.
Old June 15th, 2024, 12:07 PM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

Hawkbite would give Bitternpaw a nod. "I like ambushing from the trees too, so you'll have to learn how to climb if you want to keep up. Our trees make it easy to track cats because they're so close together, you can stay up high and keep quiet," the Commander would explain as he trekked quietly. [Kitty softpaws activated for the rest of the rp]

Once far enough out that he felt comfortable, Hawkbite would halt the duo and turn to fast the apprentice. It took a moment of thought before he'd decide to start on the ground. "So, you know some stealth stuff. You've got the crouch down, I assume, you know how to utilize the shadows properly?" A rhetorical question if Bittern was asking for ambush. "But let's use the territory to our advantage. Not only will you use our shadows, but use the undergrowth and the wind to your advantage. Like you're stalking prey, but this prey is another cat. You'll have to be wiser than a cat."

Hawkbite wasted no time now, getting down into a crouch and letting the light breeze tickle his whiskers. "The wind is coming from that direction," he'd gesture before taking a position that kept him upwind of the invisible target he didn't announce yet. Would Bitternpaw use his senses enough to understand how Hawkbite figured that out? Without using the usual telltale signs of his fur or sticking his tail into the air. He'd allow a moment for either questions or the apprentice to figure it out.

"The next step is if you're limited on shadows, to use the proper undergrowth to keep hidden. You're a lighter furred cat, so you'll actually use the light to your advantage. Unless you hide yourself in mud or dirt to darken yourself-" Hawkbite explained, gesturing for him to follow him into a patch of sunlight. "-your pelt will stick out in the shadows," or unless Bitternpaw used shadow fiend of course. "And with the help of some sunlight and taller brush, you'll be able to keep hidden better," Hawkbite explained more, taking Bitternpaw into a patch of taller grass so he could start understanding how it made sense in his case. The sunlight would shimmer off the mud and brush, causing a shine to radiate off the ground. It was one of the benefits, but also a downfall, to the ShadowClan territory. Mud didn't always mean dark, it also meant glares off puddles and patches of very saturated dirt and mud.

"Making sense so far?"

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 6th, 2024, 04:51 PM
silly little guy

55/100
shc apprentice // he/him // 8 moons

---

'You'll have to be wiser than a cat.'

The thought of tracking another cat in place of prey was a bit... Unsettling to say the least. But it would be his duty as a warrior defending Shadowclan so he had to take the acknowledgement in stride. He didn't have to be happy about it but he had to accept it. It's in this moment, however, his mind moving away from the idea of stalking another cat, that he understands how seasoned his current teacher is. A blink of confusion is his only response to the quiet announcement of the direction of the wind. It was almost as if he just... Knew. That's what it looked like, anyhow. Mimicking his stance he hunkers low into a crouch and glances off toward the source of the wind, feeling it brush against the fur of his cheeks. Still too young and inexperienced to understand how else to tell.

"Fenneldrop taught me about staying hidden with the color of my pelt being so light." He meows quietly to the older warrior, following him into the comforting warmth of the sun. "She told me to stay amongst the lighter foliage too. But I didn't think to use the light."

It made sense. If darker pelts melded into the shadows, lighter ones would blend with the light. And the way the damp ground here seemed to shine... Well, it seems as though shadows weren't the only means of being able to shelter oneself. Settling in amongst the taller grass and doing his best to hide himself amongst it's blades he watches Hawkbite closely to await further instruction.

"Yes sir."

( sorry this is so late !! )

character bios.
Old July 9th, 2024, 11:48 AM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

A good listener so far, good.

"Fenneldrop is correct, but let's say there's not much lighter foliage at the time -- like in leafbare. That's when you'll utilize whatever cover you can get and the light," Hawkbite spoke, glad there was a mentor out there training their apprentice for once. It felt like everyone had been slacking lately.

Hawkbite lifted himself up and peeked through the brush to figure out a target. A few tail lengths away, there was a fairly large rock they could use. "Let's pretend that rock over there is our target. It's an outsider that has strayed onto our territory and we need to get the jump on them. They're hostile until proven otherwise," Hawkbite gave the scenario before crouching down with the apprentice again.

Let the training begin.

"You know the direction of the wind, you're in a place to use your pelt to your advantage. Now, let's creep forward. Remember, this is a cat you're sneaking up on. You have to move more quietly than you do with any prey. Anytime they even look in your direction, freeze. When they look away, take as many steps as you can," Hawkbite would speak, signaling for the apprentice to follow after him to practice. He'd occasionally freeze and go stiff as possible, even if his paw was raised halfway into the air during a step.

They'd close the distance slowly until he was a comfortable pouncing distance. "Now, when you're in a range that you feel comfortable pouncing from -- or running if needed -- you're either going to rise and confront them or pounce them. Getting them pinned quickly is the best way to get them to cooperate since some outsiders are very hostile and won't take threats seriously. When you pounce on unsuspecting cats, try your best to do if from behind. Getting on their back and rolling them is the easiest way to do it. Outsiders aren't trained like warriors and usually can't correct the move like a warrior can." Hawkbite explained.

With trained movements, the Commander leapt forward and landed squarely on the rock to finish the demonstration. He'd turn back towards Bitternpaw and begin leading him back to their starting point, waiting for any questions from him. If none would come up, Hawkbite would run the practice section of the training.

Hawkbite would walk up towards the rock and stand with his back to the apprentice. "When you're ready, get as close as you need and pounce me. Show me how you'd do it. I'll be pretending to be the outsider we described, watch my movements and stay as quiet and hidden as you can," The Commander spoke, beginning the lesson. He'd act like a lost outsider, glancing around suspiciously, letting his gaze run over where Bitternpaw should be coming from. Whether the apprentice tried from another angle was out of his control.

He'd wait for the pounce.

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 9th, 2024, 05:21 PM
silly little guy

65/100
shc apprentice // he/him // 9 moons

---

Incredible... If only this cat was his mentor. Not that he had an issue with Hillstrider but... Most of his training had come from other cats. Not fast enough. He had to be a warrior as soon as possible. If he had a mentor like this... He would be a warrior in no time. Attentive gaze is transfixed on the larger tom as he demonstrates and explains, as if he were eagerly licking up any drops of knowledge that was being drizzled over him like rain. Nodding along to his words he commits it all to memory and follows him back to the starting point of the mock hunt.

"Yes sir. I'll do my best."

And so it begins.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 13 to stalk his target. ]

Perhaps it would be easier to start elsewhere? If Hawkbite knew where he was going to come from then he'd anticipate an attack... But on the other paw he would maybe be expecting him to do such a thing. Tail twitching behind him as he debates within himself he decides to alter his course. Slipping off to a different side amongst tall ferns and grasses, he does his best to use the lighting to his advantage. Or what little was left of it, anyway. With the dusk approaching he makes a point of using foliage instead of the warm rays of the setting sun.

When the other's head turns in his direction he freezes as the he been taught. Paw raised, tail perfectly still. He was a fast learner, much to his own advantage. Ever so slowly he creeps along until he's no less than a few tail lengths from Hawkbite.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 15 to pounce on his target. ]

Shooting out from the brush he makes an attempt to land on his back from behind. If successful, he'll then try to use his weight to pull the larger tom to the ground and onto his side so he can pin him beneath his front paws. To best the Commander of the Enforcers would be one of his greatest achievements-- the pride he'd feel if he could actually pull it off, even if he just pulls off a successful pounce would be legendary.

character bios.
Old July 9th, 2024, 06:39 PM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

Hawkbite had to give the little guy some credit. He'd been eluded till the very end when the Commander felt a weight on his back. While normally he'd try to roll and correct the attack, Hawkbite had to fall into character. He had to play the 'lost outsider' roll to make this training fair to an apprentice still learning. So, the Commander hissed out in surprise and fell to the ground under Bitternpaw's weight, lightly letting himself get pinned beneath him.

It was a moment of pause, but then a small fit of laughter erupted from the Commander. Training was done and the less serious side of the Commander came through. "You learn quick, nice job!" Hawkbite lightly shoved the apprentice off him to get back up onto his paws. Giving his pelt a shake, he turned to flick the apprentice on the ears with his tail. "Well, your lesson is done unless you'd like a quick lesson in tree climbing. Ambush is fun from the trees if you ever feel like giving that a try," Hawkbite paused as a mischievous glimmer flicked in his eyes. "Or I can show you how that's done if you'd like a good scare."

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 9th, 2024 at 06:40 PM.