Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:57 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 02:54 PM
Old usernames
by zBlaze
Last post by .Sunshine.
Today 02:49 PM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 02:48 PM
ThunderClan Patrols
by dino.
Last post by iliri
Today 02:39 PM

Old July 11th, 2023, 05:51 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

So don’t use the juniper berries while the patient is unable to breathe? Okay, she’ll have to make sure to remind herself that once in a while to make sure she didn’t forget that. While Springpaw didn’t know any… chest messages, she’ll possibly have the gist of it sooner or later. Hopefully it won’t become an issue in the future in case anyone was having any sort of trouble breathing or catching their breath… or even if their heart stopped working. Stars, that last thought brought a small reign of terror through the calico, a small shiver suppressing through her body. Again, she hoped that wouldn’t be a suppressing problem in the coming future. That would be a rather traumatizing experience to face off. Other than that, she slowly nodded her head up towards the marbled tabby as she glanced away from the berries. She understood most of it so far, what was next?

Well, it seemed that she didn’t really have to ask as the tabby was quick to show them both the next herb: borage. Squinting her eyes, the calico looked closer to the blue-and-pink blossoms, further inspecting it as her ears listened to the words that escaped Roseraven’s mouth. So these herbs were used to help a queen produce more milk and to soothe fevers? That’ll definitely come in handy in case someone was feeling extremely ill and their fever was running high. Not only that, but also very valuable for a queen in case their kits weren’t getting enough milk. So, in the rhythm of her mentor’s nodding, the young calico nodded firmly up at Roseraven. “I’m pretty sure I got the most of it, Roseraven.” She kept her tone cool and relaxed, apart from the shoveling anxiety of her mentally worrying for if she might not even remember all of this… that hopefully won’t be an issue.

@Omari @Shade.
____

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Springpaw felt a bit of her smile falter behind the sodden moss as the calico silently awaited for her mentor’s instructions, her ears slowly drawing themselves against her head. Did Drizzlecloud not wish for her to see what was going to be beneath the bandages? Well, Springpaw could understand that, as the young apprentice already felt terrified enough to look at the wounds themselves. It wasn’t like Springpaw didn’t catch the envious feeling that came off the other feline. It was rather obvious that the older molly was upset… but about what? Was it… about the battle? Could it be for the fact that she now has the Mind Reader Purrk? “Drizzlecloud, are you okay? You… don’t have to keep anything concealed to me if you have something on your mind. I can help you in any way I can.” Springpaw questioned, looking up at her mentor as the corners of her lips curled up into a small smile. Hopefully that was enough to maybe get the blue-gray ticked molly to speak about what was on her mind.

Other than that, her ears quickly perked back up when Drizzlecloud began to give out her first set of words, a nimble nod escaping from the young calico. Taking off the bandages and seeing the rather grave face wound on Gentledoe was going to be… a rather difficult experience for Springpaw. She wasn’t much for being the type that would want to associate herself with these types of things, but it wasn’t like she was going to have to keep herself astray from doing them. She was going to have to do them sooner or later; so now felt like the best time. Her eyes drifted downwards towards the crimson-coated bandages and felt her body almost tense up as she watched Drizzlecloud slowly take off the bandage. Great StarClan, the wound looked so… painful to witness. The lack of an eye in the socket just felt so wrong to see, along with the torn, bleeding skin and mixture of poultice alongside it. It was just… a horrifying sight to witness for herself.

Springpaw sucked in a deep breath as her eyes broke away from the scene, looking back up at Drizzlecloud as her mentor spoke once more, Springpaw’s heart almost breaking from the amount of guilt that laced her voice. There was something going on inside her mentor’s mind that the young calico herself didn’t know about, but it wasn’t like she could try to do anything about it… unless? Shoving in a deep breath through the dampened moss, Springpaw gave her mentor another smile that was blinded by the moss that she held delicately in her jaws. “It wasn’t our fault… It was the ShadowClan warriors’ fault. He was the one who did it. We… we’ll have to deal with operating on things like this. It’ll be hard to get through it at first but… I feel like we can do it.” Gee, since when did she become the comforter in this situation? Springpaw was always usually timid and afraid of everything… Was that having a change? She wasn’t entirely sure about it.

Other than that, she had begun to start to clean off the gruesome wound, silently grimacing as the moss gently touched the area and began to move around. She made sure to avoid any possible sensitive areas along the mangled area, as that could possibly risk further damaging the eye socket itself. The moss slowly became a mixture of poultice and blood, but Springpaw kept going no matter how sick she felt to her stomach. This was needed, and she wasn’t going to allow her own clan-mate to risk having an infection in the eye due to improper treatment. That was something she didn’t want to risk happening.

@/Omari @lio

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old July 12th, 2023, 02:19 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hadn’t been expecting to be poked and prodded at–emotionally– by her apprentice today, but it wasn’t unwelcome. She found it to be quite endearing, actually, and Springpaw’s word’s brought a small smile to her face despite what was going on. “It’s nothing, really.” She flicked her tail, pausing for a moment. Do not lie to her. “It’s not me, it’s… You know when some cats might speak of their inner kit? It’s like that. My inner apprentice, Drizzlepaw, she’s envious of you.” Her words were laced with amusement at her own words, but she continued nonetheless. “When I was an apprentice, I was a coward–I haven’t met anyone so easy to frighten as myself. I was just thinking, we.. You are similar to how I was. Similar, but not completely the same–you’re far more brave than I ever was.”

Drizzlepaw was a cat who was afraid of her own shadow, to put it bluntly. Always running to her mentor with tears in her eyes when she was frightened or feeling discomfort–it was humorous for her to think back on. She cowered from battle training, insisting that she didn’t want to inflict harm upon anyone–it took her a pawful of moons more than the average apprentice to become a warrior because of that fact alone.. But, eventually, she made it. “I was deeply afraid of violence. Didn’t want to see it, didn’t want to partake in it–ever. I’d cry and shake whenever any kind of violence was impending–training or not, but.. I eventually learned that clan violence does not have to stem from wanting to fight, as a lot of us fight to protect what we have.” Perhaps that’s why she was so deeply protective of those she cared about? The need to protect the ones she loved was what truly kept her alive. With a dismissive flick of her tail, she shrugged her shoulders. “That’s all. You are simply brave, and a part of me wishes that I were as brave as you, when I was your age.”

Springpaw’s comfort that followed–regarding Drizzlecloud’s own guilt–made her feel even more guilty, if that were possible. Guilty and angry. Not with her, but just with the situation that they faced right now. Gentledoe didn’t deserve any of this–she was defending her clan’s territory, that’s all. She did not deserve to be wounded so grievously as she was. “Yes, Springpaw, we do have to get used to dealing with wounds such as these–and we will. Together, we will.”

The tom who did this.. Did she even know his name? No, she didn’t, but she could remember what he looked like. The nameless tabby’s form was practically engraved in her eyelids–she could see him and what he did whenever she closed her eyes. It filled her with a deep, hot rage that a Medicine Cat probably shouldn’t hold against another cat. Seeing as a Medicine Cat was supposed to set aside their clan rivalries and what-not, she knew it was wrong.. At the very least, she would try her best to ignore these feelings of hers.

“Once you finish cleaning up her wound, we will apply new cobweb wraps and marigold once again.” Drizzlecloud stated as she stood, heading over to their herb storage to find the marigold and cobwebs that she spoke of. She took the marigold in her mouth, beginning to chew it up now so that it would be ready by the time Springpaw had finished up.

[ @ares - Springpaw, @lio - Gentledoe ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; July 13th, 2023 at 01:54 AM.
Old July 12th, 2023, 09:49 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Nothing wrong? The corners of Springpaw’s maw were quick to curl downwards to a little frown as soon as her ears took in those words. She could easily hear the regret dripping off her tone from those words themselves. It was rather easy to catch onto that little lie, and words in retort had already begun to bubble up within her throat to call her out for her small lie. Only for those words to die down as quickly as they came as Drizzlecloud began to further speak, quickly contradicting her lie. Springpaw’s work on cleaning up the wound didn’t falter in the slightest as an oriental-shaped ear angled itself in her mentor’s direction, quick to take in her words. Her inner kit? What did that mean? Well, just as the question bubbled up in her throat, it was quick to die down as Drizzlecloud further explained her thoughts, making the calico further frown behind the darkened moss that she held in her jaws. Sure, Springpaw should feel humbled by the compliment that her mentor gave but… it didn’t feel right. Springpaw wasn’t that brave. Not in her eyes. In the eyes of other cats, they may see that. But to her?… Springpaw felt just as cowardly. She doesn’t even know how to properly defend herself and she’s only nine moons old. Rabbitchatter didn’t teach her a single thing for battling and the only thing that tom had taught her was how to hunt and that was it. Nothing else.

Drizzlecloud’s next set of words further drenched that feeling, making her lips visibly curl downwards as her nimble working slowed itself down. The set of events that her mentor was currently describing only made Springpaw think of herself. She was just as merely frightened of such things, only merely worse when she had been recently apprenticed. Violence wasn’t something that Springpaw agreed to. All it led was to unnecessary bloodshed and constant threats; even evidently leading to accidental or even intentional deaths. It was something that didn’t need to happen at all or ever. Drizzlecloud’s description of her experience with such horrid things as a young ‘paw made Springpaw’s gut clench. It had nimbly reminded her of a time when ThunderClan had almost been preparing for a possible raid. Her memory of the brief event was foggy, but she remembered faintly that there was going to be violence. Lots and lots of violence. She had only been merely six and a half moons old that time, Rabbitchatter and Ashkit being by her side during that small event. She had been terrified of the fact that they may have been needing to prepare for a possible battle, and Springpaw would’ve had to go through it. Luckily, for her sake, no battle was reminiscent during that time, but it still stuck a longing of fear in her heart.

Springpaw stopped her rinsing for a brief moment, steadily taking in Drizzlecloud’s sentence about her being brave as she stiffly inhaled a sharp, shaking breath through her nostrils. Slowly, yet steadily, she began to work again; guiding the dampened moss along bits of stained red and torn skin as she began to softly speak through the moss. “I’m…” she started, words clogging up against her throat as her brain worked to find the right words to say. Stifling a deep breath and exhaling, Springpaw began to speak again. “I’m… not as brave as you think I am.” Springpaw briefly glanced back up at her mentor as she continued to rinse, her words slow as her brain continued to try to figure out how exactly she should respond to this specific situation. “I’ve… never been brave. I only just do what my heart tells me to do and I just… I just do it. It doesn’t make me automatically brave, it's just…” just what, exactly? What did it make her? It didn’t make her brave, that’s for one. Was it out of foolishness? Out of her own control? Whichever it was, it wasn’t bravery. “… I don't know what it is. But it isn’t bravery, that’s all I know. What I know is that I’m the same way. I’m cowardly and I don’t like the ways of violence. I’ve always been like that. I don’t know how to properly defend myself and I’m already far too ashamed to admit it. So… how does that make me brave? I’m not a warrior. I’m not strong. I’m just… me.”

Her words hung in the air like the thickened fog of an early morning, silence overcoming the two felines as Springpaw focused merely on her rinsing again. She was almost done with her job, much to her surprise, but it didn’t help but make her own words longer above her head and swarm her mind like a pack of raging bees. Did she say the right choice of words? Will Drizzlecloud be offended by what she said? Or even worse, will she be upset? A flurry of emotions were quick to rush through the calico, an apology gradually climbing its way up her throat as it almost expelled itself, only for it to quickly die down as Drizzlecloud spoke again, breaking the rather tense silence that had fallen between the two mollies. The calico blinked her oceanic hues a couple of times before slowly nodding along to Drizzlecloud’s words. Right, Springpaw had mentioned that they would be able to face wounds that were this grave in the future, when they got better with their herbal knowledge, that is. Her eyes briefly locked on with the empty socket that was along Gentledoe’s face, a mixture of disgust and dread swirling deep within her stomach. The poor molly didn’t deserve this. Not one bit. “… How are we going to tell her that she’s not going to be able to see fully again?”

The question was abrupt, but her tone was quiet. How were they going to tell Gentledoe about her… condition? How was she going to cope with the fact that she may have to live for the rest of her life with a single eye? The thought only caused a surge of mixed emotions to rush through Springpaw, the apprentice briefly pulling her head back to further examine the area that she had rinsed off with the moss. Which, the once-green moss was now caked with crimson and bits of poultice. That’ll have to be quickly discarded before anyone accidentally touches it and risks getting sick from any sort of bacteria. That was something that was definitely not on her check-on list. Springpaw casted her mentor a quick glance before slowly nodding her head and backing up, allowing her mentor more room so she could place the poultice and cobwebs along the wound. As Springpaw stood, the calico silently peered her gaze over towards the herb storage, a frown growing behind the dirtied moss as her eyes caught sight of a lack of cobwebs and marigold. They are going to need to look for some. “Uh, Drizzlecloud? After this, we are probably going to need to go searching for some marigold and cobwebs. We don’t have much left in the storage.”

@Omari @lio

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; July 12th, 2023 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 15th, 2023, 03:23 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days

(I do apologize for Flightpaw; she is a bit of a brat) @ares @Omari

Flightpaw lifted her head up to regard Springpaw with an annoyed expression. "Hmm, maybe the way a ShadowClan warrior's claws ripped through my pelt. Perhaps that's the problem," she snorted with a roll of her green eyes. She had just started to be able to catch her breath when Drizzlecloud also appeared, repeating the same question just with different words. "I'm surprised Bumblebrain appointed blind cats as our medicine cats," the disgruntled apprentice muttered under her breath with a frosty look towards the older feline. Twisting so that she could show the claw marks on her chest and belly more, and lifting her head to show her neck, she let her narrowed gaze flicker between the two. "Well obviously I got attacked. I didn't just go out and do this to myself, you know." Plus she was sure the ShadowClan stench already clung to her pelt; there was no need to ask her what had happened unless they just wanted Flightpaw to humiliate herself.
Old July 16th, 2023, 03:03 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Okay. That’s going to be something Springpaw would not be used to. Briskly, the calico swiped her tongue across her lips as her blue hues made contact with Flightpaw’s deep green. So her assumptions had been correct, as she opposed. She didn’t need to bother to give out a verbal explanation for why she had thought those assumptions were true as the snappy molly seemed to briefly explain it herself. Yes, Flightpaw’s words indefinitely stung, but Springpaw wasn’t going to let herself flinch at them. Instead, she stood her ground, the tip of her tail twitching in slight discomfort from the harsh tone that the other molly gave off. “It wasn’t that hard to assume that it was another clan’s doing,” Springpaw spoke, letting her words briefly hang in the air before continuing, “specifically ShadowClan’s doing. It hasn’t been easy to maintain any sort of balance in the borders after they tried to take Sunkissed Creek.” her tone wasn’t exactly light, but it wasn’t really harsh either. Her tone was rather neutral as Springpaw’s ear twitched in the direction of her mentor dipping a bundle of moss into the stream in the den, hearing the water drip off the moss after she dipped it in a few times.

The molly’s next choice of words was enough to give the calico an uncomfortable feeling in her gut. Blind cats? Bumblebrain? The hell type of nickname is that? Including, isn’t Bumblestar Flightpaw’s mentor? Whichever the case, a bubbling of stinging words began to climb up Springpaw’s throat, but she held herself back and silently bit her own tongue. She wouldn’t be going off on another apprentice all because they began to grow snappy. So, with hard blue eyes and a small lash of her tail, Springpaw sucked in a deep intake of breath before lifting herself up to her paws. “Drizzlecloud will clean off your wounds and I’ll check the storage to see if we have anymore marigold and cobwebs. We are going to need to search for some later on.” Springpaw responded coolly, keeping her tone civil as she turned and began to make her way towards the herb storage, prodding out a piece of marigold with a claw and reaching her head down to grab a stick with a wad of cobwebs. Good lord she needed a breather.

@tulin @Omari

Last edited by iliri; July 19th, 2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old July 19th, 2023, 09:38 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@ares
@Omari

Roseraven was glad to see the medicine cats take in her knowledge. She'd never had the chance to train a medicine cat apprentice on her own, so perhaps this was as close as she'd get.

The small tabby rubbed her chin with the back of her paw, thinking of what else to teach them.
"Do you know about marigold?" she asked. It was one of the most basic and most frequently used herbs.
Old July 19th, 2023, 05:00 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hummed in consideration at Springpaw’s words. Truthfully, in the eyes of any other warrior or apprentice, would they view her as brave? If she couldn’t even view herself in that light, then truly, what was she? A coward? No, Drizzlecloud wouldn’t dare to think like that for even a moment. She could understand where she was coming from, though. She didn’t view herself as a particularly courageous cat, nor did she see herself as physically strong, either–but none of that equalled bravery, not in Drizzlecloud’s mind.. But, if Springpaw would only deny it, then what use was it to say it out loud again?

“Strong heart.” Drizzlecloud spoke gently, her tail-tip resting on Springpaw’s shoulder for a moment as she said it. She didn’t linger on it, stepping away to go and deal with her half of the job.

Once the marigold was all chewed up, she applied it to the cobwebs that she had gathered just like before, and then she carried it all back to where Springpaw and Gentledoe were. She sat next to Gentledoe, peering down at the gaping–but clean–wound that left half of her face completely unrecognizable. Surely Gentledoe would be able to understand that her sight would be different after losing an entire eyeball, right? Obviously Drizzlecloud wouldn’t break the news to her in such an insensitive way, but.. Gentledoe was probably going to understand–it was the fact that they had to tell her that she had lost one of her eyes that frightened her. “I’ll tell her when she wakes up, okay? You don’t need to worry.”

The silence that fell over the pair wasn’t an uncomfortable one, in Drizzlecloud’s opinion. She needed to focus, so a part of her appreciated the silence as she carefully pressed the cobwebs soaked with the poultice to Gentledoe’s eye, and then she took her time to wrap it so as to keep it in place. Initially, in response to Springpaw’s words, she hummed, going quite again to focus on her task before, eventually, she stood up and glanced towards the herb storage as well, only after she had finished her job. “..That is true, we are running quite low. I just wouldn’t want to leave Gentledoe alone right now. I want to stay with her until she wakes.”

[ @ares @lio ]

Ah, a sassy little furball, it seemed. Drizzlecloud exhaled, not angry, but rather amused by Flightpaw’s attitude. Initially amused, until she heard the blind comment–although sight wasn’t something she personally struggled with, half-assed comments about disabilities never failed to strike her in the chest, seeing as she was partially deaf. “Not quite–you’re close, though–she appointed one fully-abled cat, and one that’s partially deaf.” She stated, her words slightly muffled by the moss but still audible.

She stepped closer to Flightpaw, peering down at the apprentice with a hint of disappointment in her eyes. “So, I ask that you watch what you say.”

What a temperamental little fellow! She dropped her head, leaning over to dab Flightpaw’s wounds with the moss to clean them up a little. “Mhm, but I asked you how this had happened, not what had happened. Care to explain how you got into a tussle with a Shadowclan cat?”

[ @tulin ]

Marigold was, thankfully, one of the first herbs that they had been taught–thank you, Bumblestar, for that knowledge. She nodded her head to Roseraven after hearing her question. “Yes, Bumblestar taught us about marigold right off the hop, actually.”

[ @Shade. ]

Old July 20th, 2023, 07:58 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Nodding along with Drizzlecloud, Springpaw looked up at Roseraven with a light glint in her eye. “Yeah, Bumblestar taught us both about what marigold is used for.” she explained, smiling briefly up in the direction of the former medicine cat. However, Springpaw couldn’t help but look over in the herb storage, eying at what seemed to be a yellow shrub. Was it called a yellowbell? She wasn’t sure. “However… I am unsure of what this herb does, but I think they were called… yellowbells?” The calico padded her way towards the storage, using a white forepaw to point out the specific herb and then looking in Roseraven’s direction to hopefully make sure she was pointing at the right herb. Maybe Roseraven knew the usage of it? Hopefully.

@Omari @Shade.
• Springpaw •

Strong heart? Springpaw’s eyes trailed up towards her mentor as a vast of disbelief washed over her. Well, Springpaw couldn’t exactly respond up towards her mentor at the given moment, far too invested in the words that her own mentor called her. Her eyes glanced over towards Drizzlecloud’s tail when she laid the tip of it along her shoulder, causing her lips to slowly curl into an small smile, moving her own eyes back up towards Drizzlecloud. A shifty wave of emotions flown through the calico and Springpaw didn’t know how to exactly feel about it. But, other than that, Springpaw felt somewhat proud of the fact that Drizzlecloud didn’t see her as weak, or even a coward. Even if the young molly felt that way about herself, she couldn’t simply let others down from their word because it was their own opinion. So, Springpaw gave her mentor a quick nod and curled her lips into a more, softer smile. “I never thought of myself as a strong-hearted cat… I’ll keep that phase in mind and I’ll think of it from time to time.” she stated, drifting her own tail along her mentor’s side as a short gesture, continuing to give her mentor the smile that was currently smeared on her maw.

Her smile was quick to be disregarded by when Springpaw glanced back down towards Gentledoe’s face, her brows furrowing as the tip of her white-tipped tail twitched with unease. Stars, it still felt mildly uncomfortable for Springpaw to look at the open, gaping wound that was along Gentledoe’s face. Yes, it was cleaned away of all the blood and of any possible bacteria, but it was just… simply wrong to look at without it causing a mixture of emotions to swell within her gut. Her ear briefly twitched in her mentor’s direction when she had offered to tell Gentledoe of the news and for her not to worry. That wasn’t something that could be done within the flick of an ear. Should Springpaw try not to worry? Maybe, but that wouldn’t make her any better if she did. All it would do is make her feel immense guilt for even bothering to lay off her worry about the critical condition of her clan-mate. However, she stayed silent nonetheless, her expression grim and her ears slowly pinning themselves against her head. No one deserved an injury like Gentledoe’s. Absolutely no one, even if they were some other cat from another clan or even a kittypet or a rogue. They didn’t deserve to suffer from a grave injury like this.

The immense silence between the two felt rather heavy and thick like fog. It almost made Springpaw uncomfortable as she began to uncontrollably move her front paws along each other, as if to silently distract herself against the tensed silence. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Drizzlecloud began to gently prod the cobwebs and poultice into place, Springpaw tensing her muscles as she silently prepared herself to help out with the rest. She could feel the words bubbling in her throat that she could go ahead and do the cobweb part, but she forced them back down. It was probably best if she waited for Drizzlecloud to give her the sayings for if she needed help or not. However, Springpaw briefly glanced over towards the herb storage before focusing back on Drizzlecloud, shrugging her shoulders ever so slightly. “Well… maybe when she wakes up, we could go ahead and head out so we can collect some more? Maybe we can collect some of the herbs that Bumblestar told us about. Or, even better, I can tell you about some of the herbs that Coldamber taught me about… if you are okay with that.” Springpaw gave another smile up towards her mentor, silently scraping a forepaw against the ground. Would Drizzlecloud be upset by the fact that a StarClan cat met with her in her dreams? Hopefully not. Springpaw wouldn’t know how to properly comprehend that if that’s going to be the case.

@/Omari @lio

Old July 22nd, 2023, 09:23 AM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The blue-grey spotted tabby listened to her apprentice's words, her head tilted towards her to make sure that she could completely hear everything that she was saying. When she returned her gaze to the smaller molly, she smiled, nodding her head.

"Of course, we can." Drizzlecloud whisked past her apprentice, gently flicking her over one of her ears with her tail before she seated herself near Gentledoe's moss bed. "I'd love to learn more."

Coldamber.. What an interesting cat. She had met her, too, but only after Springpaw had been reached out to, first. The Starclan molly had been teaching her a few techniques, some that she hadn't been too comfortable teaching Springpaw about–that's what she had been told, at least. Before Drizzlecloud spoke, she brushed her tail over the space beside her, gesturing that if Springpaw wished to sit with her, she could. "It's interesting, really. She has visited me too, did you know that? Teaching us different things, I would assume, so that we can teach each other."

Her gaze drifted down towards Gentledoe, watching as the molly breathed–wanting to make sure that she was, well, alive. She'd be keeping a close eye on her until she woke up, and even then.. She'd probably keep an eye on her for a good while yet.

[ @ares @lio ]

Old July 23rd, 2023, 03:33 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Springpaw was certain that her face began to feel sore from Drizzlecloud’s words, her lips curling into a wide, up-beat grin as the older molly voiced her agreement. It was a rather surprising moment, really. Drizzlecloud didn’t seem angry or disappointed. Which, that was something that Springpaw felt like it had taken mounds of pressure off her shoulders. Having her mentor be irritated or overwhelmed was something that the young calico didn’t need on her list of things happening as of late. The battle in Sunkissed Creek was enough to make her feel mentally exhausted as it is. However, the battle wasn’t something that the calico needed to think about for the given moment. In all honesty? One of the things that she truly wanted to think about was… Coldamber. Why did the ancient medicine cat go to her? Well, that reason was rather obvious, but it still felt questionable to know. Did she choose to teach her because of her rather limited knowledge of herbs? That was probably it, but Springpaw didn’t know either way.

Her thoughts on the matter were quick to be taken aback as Drizzlecloud brushed the ground beside herself with her tail as an invitation for Springpaw to sit with her if she wanted. Springpaw was quick to agree to the request, shuffling herself close to the blue-gray tabby as she sat down beside her, promptly landing her long-furred tail along her paws. It didn’t feel right to look directly at the sleeping body of Gentledoe as all it did was being a wave of unease across Springpaw’s body. Was Gentledoe going to actually be alright? Was she really going to be able to take in the fact that she didn’t have an eye? Drizzlecloud’s words from earlier brought a little comfort into the calico, but it still didn’t feel right for her to not properly reconcile with the reality of Gentledoe losing her eye. Her ears quickly perked up towards Drizzlecloud’s direction when her mentor spoke again, cocking her head to the side as interest and curiosity peaked in Springpaw’s blue eyes. Drizzlecloud was met with Coldamber too? Well, that brought some sort of relief to Springpaw for that Coldamber had met with her mentor after meeting the young apprentice herself. Although, it was interesting to know what Coldamber would have taught her mentor. Was it most of the same herbs? Possibly, but it wouldn’t hurt to know.

Other than that, the young calico nodded along with her mentor’s words. “Yeah, it is interesting that she visited the both of us. However, I didn’t know that she visited you as well. What did she say to you? What she mainly told me was about a wide variety of different herbs and even how to collect honey without getting stung by a raging swarm of bees.” She casted her mentor a wide smile afterwards, quietly tapping her paws against the ground as she showed her enthusiasm for the matter. It was something interesting, really. Springpaw was curious to know what Drizzlecloud was taught, and maybe Drizzlecloud was the same? Springpaw didn’t know, but maybe that could be the case. But… she still couldn’t but wonder why the former medicine cat visited the both of them. “But… Why do you think she visited us? I know that it’s probably because we are new to our ranks… but why do you think she really did it?” Did she even word that correctly? Springpaw surely hoped she did.

@Omari @lio