Today 08:23 AM

Old April 30th, 2024, 04:22 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud eased herself lower to the ground, and with her tail curled around the kit, she closely watched the little one's lips in hopes of completely understanding what she was talking about. Her brows knit together as a frown carved itself into her features–she could never understand how or why anyone would treat their own little ones so poorly.

“Oh, goodness.. Here, listen to me, okay?” She asked softly, pausing for a moment to shift so she was laying on her side, practically curled up around the young kit. “By the sounds of it, your biological mother is currently suffering the consequences of her actions. You won't have to see her ever again, I promise. Your new mama, I'm sure she'll treat you much better than your biological mother ever did.”

The blue-grey molly couldn't help but sigh before she proceeded. “What she did to you was wrong, and it's okay to still feel afraid. All of us feel afraid sometimes, and a lot of us are still affected by past experiences that scared us–even if it was a long, long time ago. I promise you, though, even with those fears, there is room for you to grow past it, little one. What your mother had done to you will not define you and follow behind you like a restless shadow forever. You're safe here. Your clan, your new mama, we'll all keep you safe.”

Drizzlecloud's touch came carefully and slowly, a gentle nose boop to Berrykit's own nose. “The bonds that we wish to form are sometimes stronger than the ones given to us at birth. If you don't wish to, you don't even have to think of your biological mother as your mother whatsoever. Your new mama, even if not by blood, she's your real, true mama, because she loves you, and cares for you, and she'll continue to do so as long as you both live. It is what you deserve, Berrykit. You deserve love and warmth.”

[ @Foxine ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old April 30th, 2024, 05:24 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

DaylightWing
DaylightKit, DaylightPaw

12 Moons | She/Her | Bisexual

ThunderClan Warrior

___

@iliri

___

DaylightWing winced as SpringLight rubbed the marigold into her new stub.

'R-right. Yeah. I'll be careful and.. And I'll come back.. thank you, Springlight..'

Daylight stood up, leaving the den, occasionally stumbling as she tried to put weight on her now-missing leg.
Old April 30th, 2024, 07:46 PM
My element is water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud eased herself lower to the ground, and with her tail curled around the kit, she closely watched the little one's lips in hopes of completely understanding what she was talking about. Her brows knit together as a frown carved itself into her features–she could never understand how or why anyone would treat their own little ones so poorly.

“Oh, goodness.. Here, listen to me, okay?” She asked softly, pausing for a moment to shift so she was laying on her side, practically curled up around the young kit. “By the sounds of it, your biological mother is currently suffering the consequences of her actions. You won't have to see her ever again, I promise. Your new mama, I'm sure she'll treat you much better than your biological mother ever did.”

The blue-grey molly couldn't help but sigh before she proceeded. “What she did to you was wrong, and it's okay to still feel afraid. All of us feel afraid sometimes, and a lot of us are still affected by past experiences that scared us–even if it was a long, long time ago. I promise you, though, even with those fears, there is room for you to grow past it, little one. What your mother had done to you will not define you and follow behind you like a restless shadow forever. You're safe here. Your clan, your new mama, we'll all keep you safe.”

Drizzlecloud's touch came carefully and slowly, a gentle nose boop to Berrykit's own nose. “The bonds that we wish to form are sometimes stronger than the ones given to us at birth. If you don't wish to, you don't even have to think of your biological mother as your mother whatsoever. Your new mama, even if not by blood, she's your real, true mama, because she loves you, and cares for you, and she'll continue to do so as long as you both live. It is what you deserve, Berrykit. You deserve love and warmth.”

[ @Foxine ]
(Nicely done)
Berrykit looked at the Drizzlecloud. "Does that mean I can think of Mama as just, uh, Stormysong then, and think of Nightshine as Mama instead? Is it wrong that I still think of Stormysong as Mama? And also, what about moss? I really don't like it 'cause it reminds me of a bad time."
Old May 1st, 2024, 02:54 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud's green gaze was fixated on the kit's mouth again as she spoke, and upon registering her first question, as well as the one that followed, she nodded her head. “If that's what you wish, yes! If you wish to think of Nightshine as your mama, then I'm sure she would be thrilled to completely take up that role.. Oh, no, sweet one. It is not wrong for you to still think of Stormysong as your mother.”

The eldest of Thunderclan's healers smiled down at Berrykit, her eyes aglow with a certain familiarity. She could understand why she felt the way that she did, because she had felt similarly in her life, too. “Not wrong at all. She has been your mother since you were born, and she has been all you know a mother to be. There's nothing wrong in still seeing her as such, not at all.”

“Ah, the moss.. Is something for you to overcome with time. It's difficult to become comfortable with something that you associate with your fears, discomforts, pains. It will take time to break that association, so…” Drizzlecloud glanced about her den for a moment before she flicked her tail to some of the moss nests that were tucked away near the walls. “We can try to associate moss with other things, to remind you of the good that it serves for us. A nice place to sleep at night–you'll be able to snuggle up with Nightshine tonight in her moss nest, thing of how warm and cozy it will be. We also use moss for other things, too.. Sometimes kits and young apprentice's play with it. We could play with some moss–if and only if you become comfortable with the idea. It can be fun, as long as we approach it carefully, right?”

Drizzlecloud dropped her head to rest on one of her paws, and she offered Berrykit a smile. “It will take some time, but I promise that Nightshine will help you. I as well, if you ever need me, I'll always be here. I can promise you that.”

[ @Foxine ]

Old May 1st, 2024, 07:48 PM
My element is water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud's green gaze was fixated on the kit's mouth again as she spoke, and upon registering her first question, as well as the one that followed, she nodded her head. “If that's what you wish, yes! If you wish to think of Nightshine as your mama, then I'm sure she would be thrilled to completely take up that role.. Oh, no, sweet one. It is not wrong for you to still think of Stormysong as your mother.”

The eldest of Thunderclan's healers smiled down at Berrykit, her eyes aglow with a certain familiarity. She could understand why she felt the way that she did, because she had felt similarly in her life, too. “Not wrong at all. She has been your mother since you were born, and she has been all you know a mother to be. There's nothing wrong in still seeing her as such, not at all.”

“Ah, the moss.. Is something for you to overcome with time. It's difficult to become comfortable with something that you associate with your fears, discomforts, pains. It will take time to break that association, so…” Drizzlecloud glanced about her den for a moment before she flicked her tail to some of the moss nests that were tucked away near the walls. “We can try to associate moss with other things, to remind you of the good that it serves for us. A nice place to sleep at night–you'll be able to snuggle up with Nightshine tonight in her moss nest, thing of how warm and cozy it will be. We also use moss for other things, too.. Sometimes kits and young apprentice's play with it. We could play with some moss–if and only if you become comfortable with the idea. It can be fun, as long as we approach it carefully, right?”

Drizzlecloud dropped her head to rest on one of her paws, and she offered Berrykit a smile. “It will take some time, but I promise that Nightshine will help you. I as well, if you ever need me, I'll always be here. I can promise you that.”

[ @Foxine ]
Berrykit looked up at the medicine cat. "Okay, Imma go find Mama now." She started to leave before turning back and offering Drizzlecloud a smile. "I mean my new mama, Nightshine. Bye, your nice!" Berrykit then turned and left.
(all of my characters are out of the med den now)
Old May 3rd, 2024, 07:13 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Crowpaw
Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, and Hulk SMASH
@taillow @iliri
Mentioning this because it's important: This takes place way before Redhawk breaks her paw

Crowpaw walked into the den and looked around, buying time for Redhawk to enter, before he took a seat at one of the nests. The young tom had never been in the medicine den until now. There was really no reason to, with him having gone from ThunderClan for a bit after Cinderpaw disappeared. Besides, he didn't really trust the medicine cats. Didn't know them enough to, nor did he even care to know them. Redhawk probably knew them though, she was a warrior and everyone had a few more scars than when he was in ThunderClan before.

They probably got in lots of fights. I wonder who they got in a fight with... No. That didn't matter. What did matter was the here and now. With him, in the medicine den with Redhawk. "Don't forget your promise, Redhawk." he told her, with a hint of warning, before calling for the medicine cats. She may have been helping me, but I still don't know her well enough to know if she keeps promises or not. "Drizzlecloud! Springlight! I've got something to keep you two busy."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 07:29 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

REDHAWK
she/they | thunderclan hornet | 32 moons
Flanking her apprentice as they both stepped into the medicine den, Redhawk let her eyes adjust to the medicine den before she joined the young tom's side at the nest he had picked out. She hadn't been in the den since the raid with RiverClan, and didn't really have any good or bad memories associated with it. Briefly though she wondered which of the nests had housed her sister when she had been treated for her injuries brought on by ShadowClan.

The warning in Crowpaw's voice earned a blink of surprise as she glanced at the tom, before it turned into brief sorrow, before fading away completely. Instinctively her paws tucked closer to her and her tail wrapped around them as if trying to subtly make herself smaller. She knew it was mouse-brained, getting sad over the sudden change in Crowpaw's behavior. So she tried to keep her face neutral and looked around for either Springlight or Drizzlecloud.

She had planned on giving an explanation for the young apprentice so that he wouldn't have to talk, but now Red wasn't so sure. She hadn't expected the sudden... coldness? Or whatever his voice was now laced with. So instead she sat silently, paws kneading the ground underneath the fluff of her tail.

[ Crowpaw - @SpiritedWarrior ] [ Springlight - @iliri ] [ Drizzlecloud - @Omari ]

Last edited by taillow; May 3rd, 2024 at 07:29 PM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 08:29 AM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The sharp scent of blood filled her nose, alerting her to the arrival of a cat who must have been injured–and as the light that filtered into the medicine den shifted with shadows, she lifted herself to her paws, snagging a ball of moss that she then dipped into the stream running through her den. When she turned around, finally catching sight of her visitors, she frowned.

As she came closer to the duo, her eyes danced over the two for a moment, noting that Redhawk was uninjured. “When Springlight arrives, you can tell her what happened. I’d like to focus on tending to your wounds first, if I may… I can’t quite hear you two, so it would be within our best interest if I worked on getting your wounds fixed up before I tried to understand what had happened.”

Since Drizzlecloud was completely deaf now, it was difficult for her to communicate without reading lips or sign language that few understood. So, rather than taking the time to watch their mouths move as they told her what happened, she decided it would be more time efficient for her to patch up Crowpaw before she took the time to figure out what exactly was going on. They could chat about it after.

“I’m going to clean your wounds before we go about dressing them, alright? It’ll sting a little, but it’s just water.” Drizzlecloud went about her usual routine, telling Crowpaw what she was going to do before she went about it. Then, she leaned in close to gently dap the wet moss to the tom’s neck, taking extra care not to press too hard before she shifted her position again, this time focusing on the bite on the tom’s leg.

[ Crowpaw - @SpiritedWarrior , Redhawk - @taillow , Springlight - @iliri ]

Old May 4th, 2024, 04:59 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

[ sorry this is kinda rough LOL ]

His interest in the herb storage had been brief and minimal, and just that. Wolfhive hadn't expected to be called out on it and he shuffled his paws, looking more uncertain than visibly uncomfortable. Being in this den for longer than necessary was not on his list of to-dos, no thank yous. "Ah, no I don't think that'll be needed - maybe some other time." If he were called to an herb patrol, she could kidnap him to help with the storage. Or something. Maybe.

Wolfhive didn't know, he refocused on the original purpose for coming here. "The poison stuff would be great, honestly - Fleckpaw once brought deathberries of all things to camp, so making sure the kits know to not do that is smart."
He hadn't seen Fleckpaw in a while, come to think of it. He had to wonder if she'd gotten ahold of some other poison and died. She didn't seem like the brightest. "You need help carrying anything?"

[ @iliri ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 4th, 2024, 09:01 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 20 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @taillow @SpiritedWarrior @Omari ]

She hadn’t been far to hear the commotion occurring towards the entrance of the medicine den, only being near the herb storage and eying the herbs before detecting the sharp stench of blood that reached her nostrils. It was a little bit ago when Daylightwing was getting herself checked out and she had taken care of the bloodied bedding that had made itself apparent along it, so gathering patients within the medicine den wasn’t anything all too surprising to the younger medic. Without much thought, the calico instinctively gathered a bloom of marigold and a wad of cobwebs, already pointing out Drizzlecloud padding off with a wad of moss in her jaws to cleanse out the wounds of their new patient. The calico easily overheard an older voice call for both herself and Drizzlecloud, instinctively following after her mentor as she approached their patient. Crowpaw wasn't anyone she was familiar with, and the medic gave a firm nod toward Redhawk as she noted the hornet’s presence within the den. It could be just to keep an eye out for Crowpaw, she assumed.

Given that Drizzlecloud was already working away at cleaning up the debris and excess blood amongst his gashes, the small molly eyed the wounds momentarily before quietly humming, snagging the golden bloom towards herself. “Do… tell what… happened to… cause these… injuries… if you… don’t mind… explaining.” Springlight explained, snagging a small droplet of water onto the bloom as she prepared to use it to properly chew up into a poultice for Crowpaw’s wounds after Drizzlecloud was finished cleaning them.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; May 4th, 2024 at 09:18 PM.