Last post by zBlaze
Today 06:04 AM

Old March 23rd, 2024, 04:36 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey! View Post
Watching her apprentice, Cloudburst noticed that Nectarpaw's form was ... not quite the best. But she allowed him to attempt to catch his prey regardless.

The younger cat leaped for his prey as the white warrior supervised; unfortunately, Cloudburst saw the mouse scurry away as Nectarpaw landed too late to catch it. Not wanting him to feel bad about it, Cloudburst smiled and meowed, "That was a great first attempt, Nectarpaw! The biggest issue was your stance." Trotting over, the warrior flattened the grass down a bit, and continued, "You'll want to keep your stance square — that is to say, keep your paws evenly spaced, and your weight evenly distributed." Cloudburst demonstrated the hunting stance.

"As well as that," she added, "your pawsteps can't be too quick, or your prey will either hear you, or sense your movement." She beckoned with her snowy tail for the apprentice to copy her form.

Nectarpaw
16/100

he/him / windclan apprentice / people pleaser

Nectarpaw felt his fur hot with embarrassment. Cloudburst did see that he didn't know how to hunt properly. At least the warrior was kind enough to gently tell him so. "Sorry! I don't have very good balance.." he murmured. "Because of my short tail." Nectarpaw added quickly. He didnt want her to think he was just incompetent.

He nodded and dropped into a crouch again. He shifted his weight on all of his paws and made sure his paws where spaced out. The young tabby tom crawled forward slowly, trying his best to make little noise with his paws steps. He stalked in the shorter grass for a foxlength. "Better?" he asked, an ear flicking towards Cloudburst.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Old March 23rd, 2024, 07:03 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Bump Policy: anytime necessary
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyx View Post

Nectarpaw
16/100

Nectarpaw felt his fur hot with embarrassment. Cloudburst did see that he didn't know how to hunt properly. At least the warrior was kind enough to gently tell him so. "Sorry! I don't have very good balance.." he murmured. "Because of my short tail." Nectarpaw added quickly. He didnt want her to think he was just incompetent.

He nodded and dropped into a crouch again. He shifted his weight on all of his paws and made sure his paws where spaced out. The young tabby tom crawled forward slowly, trying his best to make little noise with his paws steps. He stalked in the shorter grass for a foxlength. "Better?" he asked, an ear flicking towards Cloudburst.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Cloudburst smiled. “Already much better!” she assured him. “With practice, you’ll gain better balance, even with that tail of yours.” Or … lack there of, but she didn’t want to say that.

The white warrior looked about and then found a small stick. She lifted it and placed it a little ways away from Nectarpaw. “I want you to pretend this is a mouse,” Cloudburst suggested, “and practice your form and pouncing with it.” She sat back at the edge of the little area of flattened grass and swished her tail over her paws. Aim was certainly important when hunting.

Blue eyes surveying their surroundings, Cloudburst noted that they should probably head back to camp soon for rest. She didn’t want to overwork Nectarpaw.

"Worse? Or better?"

Last edited by Kacey!; March 23rd, 2024 at 07:04 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2024, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Cloudburst smiled. “Already much better!” she assured him. “With practice, you’ll gain better balance, even with that tail of yours.” Or … lack there of, but she didn’t want to say that.

The white warrior looked about and then found a small stick. She lifted it and placed it a little ways away from Nectarpaw. “I want you to pretend this is a mouse,” Cloudburst suggested, “and practice your form and pouncing with it.” She sat back at the edge of the little area of flattened grass and swished her tail over her paws. Aim was certainly important when hunting.

Blue eyes surveying their surroundings, Cloudburst noted that they should probably head back to camp soon for rest. She didn’t want to overwork Nectarpaw.

Nectarpaw
17/100

Nectarpaw smiled. He was doing it! He had no need to pretend when he could actually do it right. He turned his focus on the stick and stalked towards it. It was like he was a great leopard stalking down his enemy. He pounced, lightly this time. His paws were quiet as he lept from off the ground and his paws cracked the stick. Instinctively he grabbed a piece of the broken bark with his teeth as if it was prey. Nectarpaw met Cloudbursts gaze and spit it out quickly.

"I did it!" he meowed nervously.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Old March 23rd, 2024, 08:42 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:

Nectarpaw
17/100

Nectarpaw smiled. He was doing it! He had no need to pretend when he could actually do it right. He turned his focus on the stick and stalked towards it. It was like he was a great leopard stalking down his enemy. He pounced, lightly this time. His paws were quiet as he lept from off the ground and his paws cracked the stick. Instinctively he grabbed a piece of the broken bark with his teeth as if it was prey. Nectarpaw met Cloudbursts gaze and spit it out quickly.

"I did it!" he meowed nervously.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Twitching her whiskers in amusement, Cloudburst purred, “Good job, Nectarpaw! You learn quickly.” She was proud of that, knowing that he’d be able to catch his first prey soon enough.

Oh, but they did need to be heading back. The snowy warrior stood and said, “Now, we’ll head back to camp, and see if we can catch anything on the way!” Momentarily, Cloudburst felt a bit of nervousness bubble up. Was she doing this mentoring thing well enough? She hoped so, for her first apprentice.

With that, she flicked her tail for Nectarpaw to come and padded off towards home, checking for prey scents on the breeze.

"Worse? Or better?"

Last edited by Kacey!; March 23rd, 2024 at 08:43 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2024, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Twitching her whiskers in amusement, Cloudburst purred, “Good job, Nectarpaw! You learn quickly.” She was proud of that, knowing that he’d be able to catch his first prey soon enough.

Oh, but they did need to be heading back. The snowy warrior stood and said, “Now, we’ll head back to camp, and see if we can catch anything on the way!” Momentarily, Cloudburst felt a bit of nervousness bubble up. Was she doing this mentoring thing well enough? She hoped so, for her first apprentice.

With that, she flicked her tail for Nectarpaw to come and padded off towards home, checking for prey scents on the breeze.

Nectarpaw
18/100

The apprentice nodded, following the warrior. They kept their mouth open and in the air and they caught the scent of another mouse. "I smell something." he whispered. He dropped into a crouch and crawled to it like Cloudburst taught him. After a loud squeak and a rustle in the grass, Nectarpaw came up with the mouse in his jaws. He wanted to yell in excitement but with the mouse in his mouth he let his nub tail shake excitedly.

Holding the mouse in his jaws reminded him how long they've been out. He worked to resist the urge to take a small bite. Nectarpaw's belly growled loudly.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Old March 23rd, 2024, 10:56 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:

Nectarpaw
18/100

The apprentice nodded, following the warrior. They kept their mouth open and in the air and they caught the scent of another mouse. "I smell something." he whispered. He dropped into a crouch and crawled to it like Cloudburst taught him. After a loud squeak and a rustle in the grass, Nectarpaw came up with the mouse in his jaws. He wanted to yell in excitement but with the mouse in his mouth he let his nub tail shake excitedly.

Holding the mouse in his jaws reminded him how long they've been out. He worked to resist the urge to take a small bite. Nectarpaw's belly growled loudly.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Just as Cloudburst caught the scent, Nectarpaw crept away in hunting position. She stilled herself and lowered her head, hoping her fur — which didn’t offer any camouflage — wouldn’t spook the prey away.

Thankfully, there was a faint squeak and the young tom returned with the mouse in his jaws. “Oh, fantastic work!” Cloudburst praised, raising her tail in surprise. She hadn’t been certain that he would catch anything on his first trip. “I’m sure you’ll want to show the others your first catch,” she meowed, hoping he wouldn’t try to eat it before they got there.

As they continued, the white she-cat kept a lookout for any more prey. She’d be glad if they could bring a few more mice or voles back.

"Worse? Or better?"
Old March 25th, 2024, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Just as Cloudburst caught the scent, Nectarpaw crept away in hunting position. She stilled herself and lowered her head, hoping her fur — which didn’t offer any camouflage — wouldn’t spook the prey away.

Thankfully, there was a faint squeak and the young tom returned with the mouse in his jaws. “Oh, fantastic work!” Cloudburst praised, raising her tail in surprise. She hadn’t been certain that he would catch anything on his first trip. “I’m sure you’ll want to show the others your first catch,” she meowed, hoping he wouldn’t try to eat it before they got there.

As they continued, the white she-cat kept a lookout for any more prey. She’d be glad if they could bring a few more mice or voles back.

Nectarpaw
19/100

He felt his fur glow at the praise, this was his very first catch. It's too bad it wasn't on the first try.

Nectarpaw nodded reluctantly, knowing the white Windclan warrior was right. He probably had to give this to the elders or the queens anyways. Maybe later he could get something else from the pile. He held the mouse gently in his teeth and walked beside Cloudburst. His eyes searched for more prey but he could smell anything with the mouse right under his nose.
(@Kacey! ; Cloudburst )

Old March 25th, 2024, 11:22 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze remained pretty quiet as he led his patrol out to Sedwater Valley, the WindClan border. It was pretty close to where he had his last patrol actually which was a fun coincidence. Which reminded him of his unofficial patrol after that. The tom sighed, unable to help himself as the memories of his...conflict? with Frostmelt played in his head. It wasn't the first time he has felt like this with someone but it was the first time that something like it had plagued his mind so much and distracted him from focusing on work like he should be right now! I mean- how could he?! Forgetting Cloverpaw was like forgetting a part of Seabreeze, it was! The warrior shook his head to clear it, not the time to get distracted.

The world around him was quiet enough besides the signs of regular life and a chilly breeze running through the greenery around him and brushing past his fur causing him to shiver. Seabreeze glanced back at his patrol again, should he start a conversation? He didn't really feel up to it after the thing with Frost- ugh! Again! Enough with Frostmelt, Seabreeze hardly knew the tom why was this messing with him so much! The tom huffed to himself and just focused his blue eyes on his paws as they continued their way to the Windclan border.
[ @Morrigan - Orchidpaw | @.Sunshine. - Blackpool ]
[Sorry for the double mention with the post in the patrol thread and now this /w\ wanted to get a starter up so that I can put the patrol up in the patrol menu :3]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 26th, 2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 09:32 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

___...*| Sunflowerdaisy |*...___
[ she/her - Riverclan Warrior -
Purrks: none ]

It being late already the molly looked at Dunepounce seeing if they were going t respond and heard nothing. Not wanting to be late to reporting in the patrol she turned to the apprentice. "When doing border patrols you want to make sure there has been no tresspassers. Once you feel everything is fine just rub up against anything you can find to mark our scents.", meowed Sunflowerdaisy looking at Dunepounce to see if they would add to it. Then she began to show the apprentice how marking the border was done by marking the border.

[ @naiad; @Lewolfers; ]

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old March 26th, 2024, 11:19 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Sickkk, an opportunity to pass knowledge down! Dunepounce flicked an ear as Sunflowerdaisy gave an exemplary explanation of what to do on patrols. “Right on! Sunflowerdaisy covered it pretty well, but ask questions if you have any - promise I won’t bite ya.”

Dunepounce padded a bit away to mark the next section of the border, keeping an ear out for his other patrol mates.

[ apologies for the delay on this! been swamped with work - will defo have the report in on time now that my schedule’s settled a bit @Catherine @Lewolfers ]

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit