Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Fadingstar's Den (Only...
Last post by taillow
Today 12:55 PM
Skydust dies
by ghost.
Last post by taillow
Today 12:52 PM
RiverClan Mountain...
Last post by taillow
Today 12:38 PM
Search Party!
Last post by Frozen Reign
Today 12:23 PM

Old June 26th, 2024, 07:24 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

ShadowClan eternal placeholder. [battle training]

[ I did not forget and remember and re-forget and re-remember this like ten times Meshing you two into one because I didn't want to repeat the same post twice ]

Lostspark

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Two apprentices she had picked out. One her own kin and the other who lacked this basic fighting training. Lostspark had been the 'apprentice enforcer' for a good portion of her career - what was to say she was not going to continue with this? More time on her paws equaled just that (though time was a loose term, and not one to be trusted).

Having led Lionpaw and Quietpaw out into the territory after rousing them from her slumber right as the sun had even begun to peek up from the horizon, the former Medicine Cat turned to face them. "We'll go over these battle moves quick, so that you can move along with your training."

[ Cranial Blow ]
"Cranial blow." She began simply, amber hues fixed on the apprentices. Lifting her paw, Lostspark swung it sharply towards Lionpaw's head, but she softened the impact at the last moment and instead aimed to tap her paw against the side of the tom's head. "A cranial blow is a great way to disorient your opponent. It gives you a moment to plan your next move or get away. You can hit the side or hit the top and swipe down. Both ways are effective, but you have to hit hard."

[ Front Paw Strike ]
"I'll show you the front paw strike next. It's similar in fashion to the cranial blow, but for this one it makes more sense to keep your claws out." Lifting her paw, Lostspark gestured with one tap each to Quietpaw's shoulder, side, and hip. After a beat, the Enforcer moved her paw to skim the apprentice's chest and throat. "All these places are targets for your claws. You can cause damage, make your opponent bleed. But be wary of moving any higher than their chest unless you want a death on your paws. Which, honestly, nobody cares if you kill an opponent while we're in a battle. Go wild. Try it on me, come on."

[ Biting ]
"While this next part may sound funny, it's another great way to defend yourself; Biting." She inclined her head and tapped her paw against the ground before pointing to her own tail, ear, leg, and scruff. "Your fangs -- your canines, they are a weapon. Really, work hard enough, and every part of you can become a weapon in it's own right. Biting any of the areas I motioned to tends to distract your opponent long enough to get you an advantage. Biting hard enough on the ankle or paw will disable your opponent long enough to plan your next move, or simply win the battle." Lostspark inclined her head and flicked her tail, holding it aloft so Quietpaw and Lionpaw could view the bitemark there. "Here's an example for you."

[ Belly Rake ]
"Belly Rake." She began, scrutinizing the apprentice a moment before continuing. "Since I can't exactly show you this one, I'll just explain it. It's usually a fight-stopper. If your trapped or pinned down under someone, rake your claws across their underbelly as hard as you can." Miming raking her claws against thin air, Lostspark inclined her head. "It'll likely put you back in control of the situation."

[ Leap-and-hold & Drop-and-roll ]
"Next, we can practice leap-and-hold. I'll let you try it on me." Offering her companion a small smile, Lostspark dropped into a defensive crouch. "When faced with a bigger warrior - or opponent - you can use this move."

"Unsheathe your claws, don't worry about inflicting me any hurt." With a nod, the scarred feline dropped into a defensive crouch. "Spring onto the opponent's back and grip with unsheathed claws. Now you are beyond the range of your opponent's paws and in the position to inflict severe body wounds. You can try it."

After giving each of her apprentices the go-ahead to jump on her back as practice, Lostspark gave a moment before talking again. "Make sure to watch for the counter-move, which is called drop-and-roll. You'll need to hop off before your opponent drops into a roll to crush you under them." Giving herself a gentle shake to let her companion know that they could let go, the lithe grey feline executed a roll to finish the demonstration.

Once that was done with, Lostspark moved on.

[ Play Dead ]
"Playing dead is another way to get out of a tight situation. When you're pinned down, let's say maybe you're too weak to perform a belly rake, or your opponent isn't reacting to the injuries at all. Stop struggling, go limp. It might not work all the time, so don't rely on it too much. If they think they've won, they'll let you go and you can push yourself up explosively to catch them off guard."

Tail flicking, the heavily scarred feline inclined her head, and then dropped in the ground to demonstrate going limp, before she surged upward in a burst of speed and straightened back onto her paws. "It'll put you back in an attacking position."

[ Scruff Shake ]
"This one." She paused a moment to level the apprentices with a look. "Is called Scruff Shake. It's most effective against rats, which are small enough to throw. A strong throw will stun or kill them. Secure a strong teeth grip in the scruff of your opponent's neck; then shake violently until she or he is too rattled to fight back. Don't try it unless you're certain you'd be able to pull it off."

[ Upright Lock ]
"Upright Lock. Final, crushing move on already weakened opponent. Rear up on back legs and bring your full weight down on opponent." Rearing up, Lostspark brought all her weight down to the ground in a loud thud, paws slamming into the ground. "If your opponent does the same, wrestle and flip him or her under you. This move makes you vulnerable to the belly rake, so it requires great strength and speed."

"Go ahead, you can try them on each other. If you haven't grasped something, ask me."
The Enforcer offered, and then took a step back to clear them to make their moves.

[ @Ladiebugg - Lionpaw / @Morrigan - Quietpaw ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.