Today 12:34 PM

Old December 17th, 2023, 06:34 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: Semi-Hiatus. Little to no activity until the 23rd or 24th
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

+GOLDFISH+
"Ye who slays the day tends to slave away"
Goldfish didn't want to intrude, but this was important.
Despite her hard feelings at the fact nobody cared enough earlier to assist Pepperbounce and Goldfish, she pushed those feelings aside. "Larkstar?" She called out softly, shyly almost. She'd never been here before. "I've come to report something" She called out into the darkness; "Birdsnow? Are you here? I-I just need to report to one of you something really important."
It was safe to say she wasn't a popular warrior- did the leader and deputy- would they, rather- care? This was important, nonetheless.

[ @FrostyGalaxy @clarice. ]
Old December 17th, 2023, 10:16 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Birdsnow

Luckily for Goldfish, Birdsnow had been passing through the clearing and heard her voice called from the leader's den, so she ducked in behind Goldfish. Oh. Wow. "Are you alright?" She murmured softly, taking note of the warrior's bedraggled appearance. Interesting. She moved to settle down off to the side, glancing over to Larkstar with a slightly apologetic smile for entering the den without explicit permission given.

[ @FrostyGalalxy @Blaze_Songs239 ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 18th, 2023, 06:32 AM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarice. View Post
Birdsnow

Luckily for Goldfish, Birdsnow had been passing through the clearing and heard her voice called from the leader's den, so she ducked in behind Goldfish. Oh. Wow. "Are you alright?" She murmured softly, taking note of the warrior's bedraggled appearance. Interesting. She moved to settle down off to the side, glancing over to Larkstar with a slightly apologetic smile for entering the den without explicit permission given.

+GOLDFISH+

Goldfish shook off her pelt and licked her wound on her shoulder before giving Birdsnow a firm stare. "It's the river ice." She said. "It's really thin near the edges. Me and Pepperbounce were messing around on it- I tested it- when I cracked it and fell in. We were both freezing, so we stopped at Haven Springs- we both cut ourselves on it, too, stupid ice!" She said ruefully, before watching Birdsnow. "Don't let apprentices go on the narrower part of the river, It's really thin. The wider part isn't nearly as bad, though." Her heart hammered as she recalled her terror. "Pepperbounce saved me." She added, looking away. Might as well put a good word in for her friend. He didn't always have the greatest reputation.

[ @Fritter ; @clarice. ; @FrostyGalaxy ; @paris ; @silver. ]
Old December 18th, 2023, 06:38 AM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Quote:
Birdsnow

+GOLDFISH+

Goldfish shook off her pelt and licked her wound on her shoulder before giving Birdsnow a firm stare. "It's the river ice." She said. "It's really thin near the edges. Me and Pepperbounce were messing around on it- I tested it- when I cracked it and fell in. We were both freezing, so we stopped at Haven Springs- we both cut ourselves on it, too, stupid ice!" She said ruefully, before watching Birdsnow. "Don't let apprentices go on the narrower part of the river, It's really thin. The wider part isn't nearly as bad, though." Her heart hammered as she recalled her terror. "Pepperbounce saved me." She added, looking away. Might as well put a good word in for her friend. He didn't always have the greatest reputation.

Old December 18th, 2023, 08:07 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
154/200

---

"Don't be dumb..." She muttered under her breath, resisting the urge to offer a disappointed stare. If they lost another leader... No, no, she didn't want to think about that. "Your wounds are just as important as anyone else's dry pads. Especially when they look this bad... I... I'm sorry."

Sorry for what? Running away? Being a coward? Tansypaw had a lot to be sorry for. But right now wasn't about her. There was something else that had to be addressed aside from the list she had already rattled off. Pausing in her work for only a moment, she lets out a sigh to mentally prepare herself for what she had to report next. It was her duty to do so, right? That way Willowwisp's death wouldn't be for nothing. Returning to her inspection and treatment of the infected wound upon Larkstar's back, her voice quiets to barely above a whisper, as if this was something for only the leader to hear.

"Willowwisp, she... She's dead. She was brought into my den but it was already too late to try to help her with what I have..." She swallows hard, brow furrowing as she forces herself to keep her paws moving. "It was Shadowclan. That attacked her. I don't know why but... She told me it was them. Before she... I want answers. It's not fair."

larkstar | @FrostyGalaxy

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old December 18th, 2023, 08:46 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Songs239 View Post
+GOLDFISH+

Quote:
Birdsnow

[ hey, BlazeSong, no need to post twice !! People will reply when they have the time to do so <3 ]

Goldfish and Birdsnow entered, and Lark was a little surprised to see the wound on the former's shoulder. Initially, she thought there was an enemy attack, but based on Goldfish's story she had just fallen into the ice.

"Good thinking to go to the springs," she said, "I'll make sure everyone knows to steer clear of the thinner ice. Go and see Tansypaw for that wound - make sure Pepperbounce goes as well if he's hurt and then try and keep yourselves warm."
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:20 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswings View Post
// Dandeliontuft trotted in to stand infront of Larkstar. I’m worried about Goldenberry.. she’s taking Willowpaw’s death the wrong way and I don’t see any difference in her attitude. I saw her get dragged out by Rushwater and she was able to claw Cobweb paw as she was dragged out. She dipped her head.I believe she should be sent to apprentice tasks or atleast given a warning about this behavior. And if you get the chance, please find someone to help her with her grief. I barely got to tell her it’s alright and I got a claw to the nose.She lifted her head, eyes glowing now in alarm. She knew it seemed unfair for a cat.. well.. dealing with that but that was no way to behave. Even herself, whom had been family to Willowpaw, wasn’t freaking out and going after every cat who spoke against her.//

This information concerned Lark terribly. Grief was... difficult at the best of times, and this reaction to Willowpaw's death was oddly reminiscent of Weaseltooth's situation - so much so that Lark briefly wondered if she'd handled that the wrong way. That is, until she remembered the circumstances surrounding it. Weaseltooth had acted out a week or two after the fact, Goldenberry had only just found out.

"Yes... maybe some time on apprentice duties will be good for her. Just for a little while," the leader agrees easily enough. "Can you send her in to see me? I'd rather not make this a public affair, I don't want to embarrass her."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubeisdagoat View Post

"Yeah, actually. Although, Charredpaw seems more nervous and jittery than normal. Maybe something is bothering him?"

Why is he telling her this? Last time Lark checked, it is not her job to heal the internal conflicts of the members of her clan. Not that she doesn't appreciate the heads up, of course, it's good to know who she should handle with care and all that, but Lark barely has any life experience, what makes this cat think she'd be able to help?

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you," she says, voice unintentionally clipped around the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Shellwhisker
Agatha Kitty
RiverClan Warrior - She / Her

The golden-brown and white she-cat shuddered.

''I recently got into a fight with said Zephyr, and apparently, his kin, too,'' Shellwhisker explained.

''There were a couple of rogues besides them who came and helped me fight them off. I got out without a scratch, luckily.''

She was not going to mention the fact that one of them had been Weaseltooth.

Shellwhisker wasn't going to. Final decision.

Bluepaw (ShadowClan) - The Collector

Shellwhisker (RiverClan) - Agatha Kitty

Larkswoop (ThunderClan) - Flock Together T1

@FrostyGalaxy [ Larkstar ]

"Yes, if there were that many there you were lucky to escape with your life, let alone unscathed," Lark raises a brow in curiosity, the odds of that skirmish hardly seemed to be fair, and for Shellwhisker to escape without a scratch? That was exceptionally lucky. Almost too lucky as far as Lark was concerned, but she wouldn't press that any further. She knew the cat in front of her was... somewhat quick to defensiveness and she really didn't want to be shouted at. "I don't think anyone should be going out into the territory alone for now, especially with the loners all over the place. I'll let the clan know about this at the next meeting, thank you for telling me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Bee View Post
Honeyfall padded into the den.She paused dropping the fish she was carrying on the floor. “Larkstar I brought you some food.” Honey was trying to prove her loyalty by giving gifts @FrostyGalaxy

The offer of prey was slightly unexpected... true, Lark hadn't eaten yet, but she'd prefer the rest of the clan ate before she did. "Thank you, have you eaten at all yet, Honeyfall?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post

Adderpaw
Determined, Loyal, Lawful Good
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw noticed the other shells that were in the pile and could only find herself growing a genuine smile on her face. There was no sense of pride for having the biggest shell, though Adderpaw did notice that, she was more happy for Larkstar. Others were caring enough to go out of their way to go and get the wonderful leader a present as well. "I'm glad!" She let out in a purr. "I think that you deserve all these gifts and more." She said motioning her head towards the pile of gifts.

Adderpaw then walked over to Larkstar and sat down by her. She felt like she was pushing the boundaries right now but she did want to come off as genuine. "I think that you are deserving Larkstar. Full stop. I think the clan should give you a lot more credit, you have a lot on your shoulders." She said softly and sincerely.

She then looked to the outside and thought for a moment. Words were tricky and she tended to steal them from others she wasn't quite confident knew how to smith them right. Suppose she had to work with what she had. The apprentice looked back up at Larkstar with a soft smile on her face."I'll be sure to bring you more gifts in time, up until you are drawing in them." She giggled a little. "I'll be your friend, your small little friend but a friend nonetheless" She purred. She swore that it seemed like Larkstar was usually on her own, fight the world all by herself. Adderpaw knew what that was like and knew it wasn't an easy fight. How much worse could it be if she was doing this while being a leader.

[cw: mild gore ish ??? not super descriptive idt ]

Guilt prickles on her skin for feeling like she needs to rely on this apprentice for support. It's shameful, she's a clan leader, she doesn't need the support of some cat ranked so far below her to feel like she's worth anything. 'But you want that, don't you?' her mind asks treacherously, and she wants to recoil away from the very thought. She shouldn't need this support, she should feel secure enough on her own, but she just... she just doesn't. Yes, she does want the support of anyone she can get, she does want to feel wanted, valued and needed, but the sharp, poison-laced claws of shame dig into her back and drag themselves through her flesh at even just the admission of such a thing in her head.

No, she should not accept such support, certain cats in this clan would call her weak and unworthy for even needing such help. She will not give him more ammunition for which to tear into her. So her purr is clipped, and her smile is forced when she glances over to Adderpaw again. She is grateful, deep down, but she shouldn't let herself show how much she's truly touched. She shouldn't she can't.

"Um, thank you," her words are curt, polite and professional. She does not acknowledge any more than that. "Is that all?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver. View Post

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 2, agatha kitty, just a scratch [PERM]
154/200

---

"Don't be dumb..." She muttered under her breath, resisting the urge to offer a disappointed stare. If they lost another leader... No, no, she didn't want to think about that. "Your wounds are just as important as anyone else's dry pads. Especially when they look this bad... I... I'm sorry."

Sorry for what? Running away? Being a coward? Tansypaw had a lot to be sorry for. But right now wasn't about her. There was something else that had to be addressed aside from the list she had already rattled off. Pausing in her work for only a moment, she lets out a sigh to mentally prepare herself for what she had to report next. It was her duty to do so, right? That way Willowwisp's death wouldn't be for nothing. Returning to her inspection and treatment of the infected wound upon Larkstar's back, her voice quiets to barely above a whisper, as if this was something for only the leader to hear.

"Willowwisp, she... She's dead. She was brought into my den but it was already too late to try to help her with what I have..." She swallows hard, brow furrowing as she forces herself to keep her paws moving. "It was Shadowclan. That attacked her. I don't know why but... She told me it was them. Before she... I want answers. It's not fair."

larkstar | @FrostyGalaxy

"ShadowClan?!" Lark nearly jumps up she's so outraged and startled. "Why on earth did ShadowClan kill Willowwisp?" She can't help but ask, disbelief apparent on her face. She did not believe the older molly would have crossed ShadowClan's border - she had more sense than that. So the only explanation here was that some cat in ShadowClan had deliberately crossed the border and killed her. She'd have to confront Dawnstar about this at the gathering. There was no way she was letting this murder slide.

"Was there any of her killer's fur between her claws? Anything at all?" She just needed something, anything she could tell Dawnstar for a narrower search range... assuming the rat leader would actually look into this.
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:34 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

Guilt prickles on her skin for feeling like she needs to rely on this apprentice for support. It's shameful, she's a clan leader, she doesn't need the support of some cat ranked so far below her to feel like she's worth anything. 'But you want that, don't you?' her mind asks treacherously, and she wants to recoil away from the very thought. She shouldn't need this support, she should feel secure enough on her own, but she just... she just doesn't. Yes, she does want the support of anyone she can get, she does want to feel wanted, valued and needed, but the sharp, poison-laced claws of shame dig into her back and drag themselves through her flesh at even just the admission of such a thing in her head.

No, she should not accept such support, certain cats in this clan would call her weak and unworthy for even needing such help. She will not give him more ammunition for which to tear into her. So her purr is clipped, and her smile is forced when she glances over to Adderpaw again. She is grateful, deep down, but she shouldn't let herself show how much she's truly touched. She shouldn't she can't.

"Um, thank you," her words are curt, polite and professional. She does not acknowledge any more than that. "Is that all?"

Adderpaw
Determined, Loyal, Lawful Good
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

With the short response Adderpaw couldn't help but feel a little hurt. A curt response wasn't what she was expecting. Maybe Larkstar didn't want to be her friend, maybe she was more concerned about befriending higher ranked cats. No no, Adderpaw you couldn't think like that on so little to go on that was just asking for self defeat. What else could Adderpaw say, there wasn't much time. It seemed like Adderpaw was over staying her visit and she didn't want to get on the leader she idolized bad side. "I see. No." Adderpaw said, trying not to seem upset at all. She got up and left for the exit. Right before she left she looked back and said one more thing. "Larkstar just know trees are mighty and stand tall but they have several roots to support them up. Just... Think about that ok." We don't have to be friends, but don't think you need to be alone.
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:50 PM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:

This information concerned Lark terribly. Grief was... difficult at the best of times, and this reaction to Willowpaw's death was oddly reminiscent of Weaseltooth's situation - so much so that Lark briefly wondered if she'd handled that the wrong way. That is, until she remembered the circumstances surrounding it. Weaseltooth had acted out a week or two after the fact, Goldenberry had only just found out.

"Yes... maybe some time on apprentice duties will be good for her. Just for a little while," the leader agrees easily enough. "Can you send her in to see me? I'd rather not make this a public affair, I don't want to embarrass her."

Why is he telling her this? Last time Lark checked, it is not her job to heal the internal conflicts of the members of her clan. Not that she doesn't appreciate the heads up, of course, it's good to know who she should handle with care and all that, but Lark barely has any life experience, what makes this cat think she'd be able to help?

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you," she says, voice unintentionally clipped around the edges.

"Yes, if there were that many there you were lucky to escape with your life, let alone unscathed," Lark raises a brow in curiosity, the odds of that skirmish hardly seemed to be fair, and for Shellwhisker to escape without a scratch? That was exceptionally lucky. Almost too lucky as far as Lark was concerned, but she wouldn't press that any further. She knew the cat in front of her was... somewhat quick to defensiveness and she really didn't want to be shouted at. "I don't think anyone should be going out into the territory alone for now, especially with the loners all over the place. I'll let the clan know about this at the next meeting, thank you for telling me."

The offer of prey was slightly unexpected... true, Lark hadn't eaten yet, but she'd prefer the rest of the clan ate before she did. "Thank you, have you eaten at all yet, Honeyfall?"

"ShadowClan?!" Lark nearly jumps up she's so outraged and startled. "Why on earth did ShadowClan kill Willowwisp?" She can't help but ask, disbelief apparent on her face. She did not believe the older molly would have crossed ShadowClan's border - she had more sense than that. So the only explanation here was that some cat in ShadowClan had deliberately crossed the border and killed her. She'd have to confront Dawnstar about this at the gathering. There was no way she was letting this murder slide.

"Was there any of her killer's fur between her claws? Anything at all?" She just needed something, anything she could tell Dawnstar for a narrower search range... assuming the rat leader would actually look into this.
// I’m sorry. Rushwater dragged her out of camp and I’m unsure where they are. Dandeliontuft lowered her head apologetically. With that, she stumbled back out of the den, heading out of camp to hopefully be alone.//

Last edited by GoldenRavenWings; December 19th, 2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 02:43 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:

As Frostkit gave a gentle nod, he spoke softly. "I hope things improve for you and your family." He said softly before he left.