Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Search and Rescue Patrols
by BEAR.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 03:06 AM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Last post by LostInTheOrchids
Today 03:00 AM
Shadowclan Medicine Cat...
by ellie
Last post by Estelle
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:37 AM

Old April 17th, 2024, 01:59 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Falling Wishes and Sweeter Dreams

Sweetsong
-----------------

"As much as I value your faith in me, sister, I hope you understand that life isn't so black and white. I may not be a medicine cat...therefore I am fine living with that knowledge. There is a path I can take...just as there is one for you to take. You just have to find it." Sweetsong murmured. She watched Fallenwish as she caught herself a fish, and she purred, "A nice catch."

Her fishing was a tad different, and Sweetsong let herself rest on her belly, her forelegs slipping into the water up to her elbows. Her haunches were anchored, but Sweetsong held a face of concentration for a moment, and then she relaxed visibly, "I let the fish decide." She whispered, "I keep my paws just a mouse-length apart, claws sheathed so I don't prick them..." She felt the slippery bodies pass and swish around her paws, but only when she felt one linger, did she slowly release her claws, and she clapped her paws together, sending a spray of water up into the air, but as Sweetsong pulled herself away from the water, she held a fish between her paws, grasped with the small claws on either side. It still flopped and flailed, but she held tight, setting it on the grass and holding it there with a paw.

Her eyes closed, and she bent her head to whisper, "I'm sorry for taking your life...but it isn't without reason." Just as the last of the fight left it, and it stopped moving. Sweetsong looked up at Fallenwish, "A couple more, and then we can head home, yes?"

@hades.
Old April 27th, 2024, 06:16 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Falling Wishes and Sweeter Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
Sweetsong
-----------------

"As much as I value your faith in me, sister, I hope you understand that life isn't so black and white. I may not be a medicine cat...therefore I am fine living with that knowledge. There is a path I can take...just as there is one for you to take. You just have to find it." Sweetsong murmured. She watched Fallenwish as she caught herself a fish, and she purred, "A nice catch."

Her fishing was a tad different, and Sweetsong let herself rest on her belly, her forelegs slipping into the water up to her elbows. Her haunches were anchored, but Sweetsong held a face of concentration for a moment, and then she relaxed visibly, "I let the fish decide." She whispered, "I keep my paws just a mouse-length apart, claws sheathed so I don't prick them..." She felt the slippery bodies pass and swish around her paws, but only when she felt one linger, did she slowly release her claws, and she clapped her paws together, sending a spray of water up into the air, but as Sweetsong pulled herself away from the water, she held a fish between her paws, grasped with the small claws on either side. It still flopped and flailed, but she held tight, setting it on the grass and holding it there with a paw.

Her eyes closed, and she bent her head to whisper, "I'm sorry for taking your life...but it isn't without reason." Just as the last of the fight left it, and it stopped moving. Sweetsong looked up at Fallenwish, "A couple more, and then we can head home, yes?"

@hades.
Fallenwish didn't think she was seeing things in black and white. It was something she tried so hard not to do. She needed to be logical. Was she not trying hard enough? She had to be logical- her ability to be that was a gift, but maybe she wasn't trying hard enough. sounded about right to her. All Fallenwish ever tried to do was dramatize everything and think she's being smart. God, she needed to be humbled.

She needed to think right. Or how about getting herself to shut up in her own head? It seemed like a wonderful idea. But she couldn’t, because she was Fallenwish.

"I thought you said you didn't want to be a queen? That's the only other path I can imagine..." She didn't want to think too much about it. There were several paths she could take besides being a queen. They involved abandonment and change. And nothing could force that to happen anyway, right?

Her path. Where would she head if she didn't become medicine cat apprentice. She hadn't thought of that, another failure on her part. She'd just be a little speck. There would be no use in trying to teach her ideas with the hundreds out there who didn't know her. She looked down into the river, the ripples concealing her expression.

Right. Fish. That was what they originally went on that walk to do. But she ruined it. Fallenwish couldn’t keep her mouth shut for the life of her.

Her eyes tracked Sweetsong's paws as she fished with a tinge of jealousy in her soul. She used to be able to fish like that. But now she couldn't as a consequence of idiotic violence. It was unnecessary. But nooo, Bumblestar had to throw a little kit tantrum because of the actions of few.

"You won't always catch enough to live, if you pick only the slow ones," She meowed, almost inaudible to bury any possibility of a tone. "Sure. Just a few more." Fallenwish glanced to the sky before refocusing on the river.

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3