Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Kitty Koins Market Guide
by marshy
Last post by marshy
Today 06:07 PM
RiverClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 06:06 PM
Desert Rain Frog's Art...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 06:06 PM
ShadowClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 06:04 PM
Mink Meeting Healing
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 06:03 PM

Old April 12th, 2024, 08:14 PM
fatha it's me michael

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

Maplepaw
A tall tri-colored she-cat with blue/green heterochromia.
a light Russian accent [R's are rolled or 'purred']
Purrk(s): Monkey's Paw (wish & withdrawal determined)
Not the most social cat

note:
any sentence that is communicated through sign language will be in italics
any sentence that is communicated through verbal dialogue will be in bold

Maplepaw wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. The only thing that she could see was Fallownose. Or rather, Fallennose. Well, that wasn't until something else appeared. Something other-worldly. Even for the slightest second, a bundle of golden fur appeared beside the fallen deputy. It took a few moments for it to hit her, but she didn't dare acknowledge it. She didn't want to. It was Blazingstar. If he was here, then that meant Fallownose was truely dead. Gone. Never coming back. Why would she even realize that? Now tears were starting to appear near the edges of her eyes, sliding down her cheek. Now she looked weak. Why was she so weak? She was the complete opposite of what Asterblink wanted her to be.

In the small seconds before she blinked, a beautiful, bittersweet picture was painted in front of her; Twilightstar and Blazingstar grieving for Fallownose. At least she could have something good to remember and store in her memory.

Finally, she blinked.

47/100

oooopen for interactionnnn

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; April 12th, 2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 08:24 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The medicine cat blinked, feeling a quiet, simmering storm within her as more cats talked. Argued. Did not allow those that needed to grieve their moment of peace. She thought that as a healer she had been exposed to so much death she had grown numb to it. An unavoidable eventuality that came with her position. She could not afford to break down at every death. At every loss. This was not the entirety of the story, of course. Even as a kit she'd had to become her mother's rock as the queen grieved. Became lost with the disappearance of the worthless tom she'd once called a father and her two littermates. Learned to smile and show cheek as she'd always done despite how much she had wanted for it all to end. It simply... leaked into her profession, she supposed. Or rather had... It seemed her brand of heartlessness was simply something WindClan carried with them. She would appear to have more in common with the rats than she'd assumed... who knew?

Flashing a grateful glance at Poppysong for their attempt to give a sense of security to those who needed it, she nodded. She still considered the warrior an idiot... but at least they were a well meaning one. And yet despite the bickering, the yowling, the gossiping... it all seemed to come to a halt when the leader finally spoke once more. It was honestly amazing how quickly she composed herself despite the obvious grief she carried. But then... Lightningstorm had to assume they weren't so different in this regard. Having seen enough death that she had to cope somehow. She was the rock that sustained the clan, after all... and that rock rarely had any support to back it up as it carried all the weight it could weather before it crumbled to dust. Even as she looked to her side, however, she spotted them. Bravebird and Crowtooth. She wasn't certain when they had arrived to Twilightstar's side, but the lithe calico could admit to feeling some sense of relief. The leader didn't deserve to grieve through this alone. The spotted she-cat knew what that felt like, having been tossed to the shadows and forgotten as long as she behaved after her mentor's exile. Awaiting to weather away herself.

She remained silent, having nothing to add to her words. It wasn't her place, regardless. The healer understood her place. She was there to ensure her patients were taken care of, and cats grieving a fallen clanmate was... close enough. She wasn't without empathy, after all. The notion of staying back while others had their worlds crumble around them simply never crossing her mind. She shrugged at the leader's words of gratitude, uncomfortable. She wasn't thanked often if at all. She merely did her work, and the cats left. Going about their day without a second thought for her. It was a strange sensation. One she hadn't truly felt since Cowtuft had been forced away.

"Here to help," she mewed, lapis hues on green for a moment before her eyes widened, turning towards the medicine cat's den entrance... only to stop halfway.

A familiar, tabby pelt now lay besides the body... and her heart broke at the sight. Here was her mate, so fond of this tom... a feline who had been looking forward to serving as deputy under him once he was leader... who had been looking forward to introducing her kits to him - a wish she was less happy with - who she looked up to with stars in her eyes. Dipping her head in gratitude towards the leader, she attempted to press her face close to the lilac's, to give one comforting nuzzle to before turning to the very pregnant warrior, whose tear stained eyes now looked up at her. Her words echoed in her mind long after she had spoken them, even as her mask fell. As her gaze turned crestfallen and she opened and closed her mouth a few times before remaining silent. Because she couldn't. What Firestorm wanted of her was impossible. And yet she remained with her mind reeling, trying to find a way to make it possible...

"I'm sorry, love... I... I can't... I'm... I'm only feline..." she mewed in earnest, her voice rising in pitch as she realized how useless she was here, unable to bring any level of peace of mind to the cat she loved.

Uncertain of what else to do, she padded towards the pale ginger, laying down besides her and enveloping her as best she could. Letting her know she was not alone. That Lightningstorm would never let her be alone. That they were in this together, no matter what. Gently, she licked the tabby's head in a soothing rhythm, drowning out the prattle. She could care less what the others had to say, for the most part. Not right now. Not when Twilightstar had made it so abundantly clear that now was the time for respect, not for more assumptions being made at the cost of a cat's reputation. What was it with cats believing that just because they had the right to say something they had to say it? She could very well tell Littleshock that she was an arsehole. It was a fact. Didn't mean she said it. Common sense seemed to be a scarce resource in these parts, for star's sake...

A resolute voice breaking through her reverie, the medicine cat turned up, only to notice Bravebird sending the gossiping and arguing vermin away. Good. Hopefully they would take the hint this time. If not, Lightningstorm was not above ordering them out of camp for a while if they couldn't behave. She didn't care if they wanted to be arseholes, they could do so on their own time. Now was the time for... him.

Hesitantly, the she-cat turned almond shaped eyes towards the deputy's body, realizing that in this state she no longer felt bile rising to her throat or anger at how flippant he had been when the time had come to trust the black and white tom he had wanted to eliminate. Execute in cold blood. Who would have guessed then that it would be Fallownose who would lie murdered in the clearing instead? And being whispered so callously about as well. Did he now know? Understand how much easier it was to have your clanmates turn on you now that it was his turn to fall to this fallacy?

Her thoughts were interrupted before they could divulge any further down that rabbit hole of misery. It was a blink and you miss it moment, but she had been exposed enough to know. Had seen enough to realize what she'd seen. A ginger cat. Unknown to her, but the shimmer was unmistakable. One she had learned to identify if only due to prolonged exposure to them. A StarClan warrior... here for the fallen deputy. Once again, StarClan struck too late. It was always the same with them, wasn't it? To only show up when they were no longer needed. A small frown marred the petite she-cat's brow until she heard them. Crowtooth's words. Blazingstar. It took a former WindClan leader to show up to collect a dead deputy, it seemed, but he was nowhere around for when a message was needed. Alright... that was it. She didn't care how distraught she was. If Firestorm tried to name one of their kits after her grandfather, Lightningstorm was biting that tail.

As she helped her mate mourn, a small voice spoke besides her. Timid, allowing her gaze to lose some of its anger before she turned to Orangepaw's familiar face. It was unfortunate, really... Even when she wanted to be there for her, the life of a medicine cat could never really be fully devoted to one's self. It wasn't about what she wanted. What she needed. Not really. Not ever. It was about her job, and no matter what happened, the world did not stop for her and her loved ones. This was not the apprentice's fault, however, and the healer simply nodded, offering one last nuzzle to her mate before standing up.

"I'm sorry, love. Duty calls. I'll be back... I promise," she whispered in an apologetic voice, large ears flattened slightly at the devastated look still sported in her love's eyes. "Come now. I'm certain there are juniper berries in stock," she added, twitching her tail to let the apprentice know he was to follow her.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @Dark [Firestorm] | @MangofDoom [Poppysong] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Orangepaw] | @SuspiciousMindz [Blazingstar]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; April 12th, 2024 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Because I always mess something up somehow.
Old April 13th, 2024, 04:32 AM

Status: I'm typing this late at night I should probably sleep.
Bump Policy: Every 48 hours

Honeykit
6 Moons

Having heard her clanmates' cries of grief, she wandered into the clearing to find the fallen deputy. She was...confused. How did this happen? I thought Fallownose was really strong... She didn't know the deputy well, or..at all, honestly, but she noticed how the rest of the clan was grieving. Am I supposed to do that?

The she-cat came closer to the body, and when it was her turn, she didn't quite know what to say. Everyone seems so sad. Is there something I'm supposed to say? "Uh...y-you were a good deputy, and really cool too..." I hope StarClan is ok with that...and why does he smell like fish? She had heard someone mention RiverClan. Why did Fallownose smell fishy. Weird...
Old April 13th, 2024, 01:34 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The medicine cat blinked, feeling a quiet, simmering storm within her as more cats talked. Argued. Did not allow those that needed to grieve their moment of peace. She thought that as a healer she had been exposed to so much death she had grown numb to it. An unavoidable eventuality that came with her position. She could not afford to break down at every death. At every loss. This was not the entirety of the story, of course. Even as a kit she'd had to become her mother's rock as the queen grieved. Became lost with the disappearance of the worthless tom she'd once called a father and her two littermates. Learned to smile and show cheek as she'd always done despite how much she had wanted for it all to end. It simply... leaked into her profession, she supposed. Or rather had... It seemed her brand of heartlessness was simply something WindClan carried with them. She would appear to have more in common with the rats than she'd assumed... who knew?

Flashing a grateful glance at Poppysong for their attempt to give a sense of security to those who needed it, she nodded. She still considered the warrior an idiot... but at least they were a well meaning one. And yet despite the bickering, the yowling, the gossiping... it all seemed to come to a halt when the leader finally spoke once more. It was honestly amazing how quickly she composed herself despite the obvious grief she carried. But then... Lightningstorm had to assume they weren't so different in this regard. Having seen enough death that she had to cope somehow. She was the rock that sustained the clan, after all... and that rock rarely had any support to back it up as it carried all the weight it could weather before it crumbled to dust. Even as she looked to her side, however, she spotted them. Bravebird and Crowtooth. She wasn't certain when they had arrived to Twilightstar's side, but the lithe calico could admit to feeling some sense of relief. The leader didn't deserve to grieve through this alone. The spotted she-cat knew what that felt like, having been tossed to the shadows and forgotten as long as she behaved after her mentor's exile. Awaiting to weather away herself.

She remained silent, having nothing to add to her words. It wasn't her place, regardless. The healer understood her place. She was there to ensure her patients were taken care of, and cats grieving a fallen clanmate was... close enough. She wasn't without empathy, after all. The notion of staying back while others had their worlds crumble around them simply never crossing her mind. She shrugged at the leader's words of gratitude, uncomfortable. She wasn't thanked often if at all. She merely did her work, and the cats left. Going about their day without a second thought for her. It was a strange sensation. One she hadn't truly felt since Cowtuft had been forced away.

"Here to help," she mewed, lapis hues on green for a moment before her eyes widened, turning towards the medicine cat's den entrance... only to stop halfway.

A familiar, tabby pelt now lay besides the body... and her heart broke at the sight. Here was her mate, so fond of this tom... a feline who had been looking forward to serving as deputy under him once he was leader... who had been looking forward to introducing her kits to him - a wish she was less happy with - who she looked up to with stars in her eyes. Dipping her head in gratitude towards the leader, she attempted to press her face close to the lilac's, to give one comforting nuzzle to before turning to the very pregnant warrior, whose tear stained eyes now looked up at her. Her words echoed in her mind long after she had spoken them, even as her mask fell. As her gaze turned crestfallen and she opened and closed her mouth a few times before remaining silent. Because she couldn't. What Firestorm wanted of her was impossible. And yet she remained with her mind reeling, trying to find a way to make it possible...

"I'm sorry, love... I... I can't... I'm... I'm only feline..." she mewed in earnest, her voice rising in pitch as she realized how useless she was here, unable to bring any level of peace of mind to the cat she loved.

Uncertain of what else to do, she padded towards the pale ginger, laying down besides her and enveloping her as best she could. Letting her know she was not alone. That Lightningstorm would never let her be alone. That they were in this together, no matter what. Gently, she licked the tabby's head in a soothing rhythm, drowning out the prattle. She could care less what the others had to say, for the most part. Not right now. Not when Twilightstar had made it so abundantly clear that now was the time for respect, not for more assumptions being made at the cost of a cat's reputation. What was it with cats believing that just because they had the right to say something they had to say it? She could very well tell Littleshock that she was an arsehole. It was a fact. Didn't mean she said it. Common sense seemed to be a scarce resource in these parts, for star's sake...

A resolute voice breaking through her reverie, the medicine cat turned up, only to notice Bravebird sending the gossiping and arguing vermin away. Good. Hopefully they would take the hint this time. If not, Lightningstorm was not above ordering them out of camp for a while if they couldn't behave. She didn't care if they wanted to be arseholes, they could do so on their own time. Now was the time for... him.

Hesitantly, the she-cat turned almond shaped eyes towards the deputy's body, realizing that in this state she no longer felt bile rising to her throat or anger at how flippant he had been when the time had come to trust the black and white tom he had wanted to eliminate. Execute in cold blood. Who would have guessed then that it would be Fallownose who would lie murdered in the clearing instead? And being whispered so callously about as well. Did he now know? Understand how much easier it was to have your clanmates turn on you now that it was his turn to fall to this fallacy?

Her thoughts were interrupted before they could divulge any further down that rabbit hole of misery. It was a blink and you miss it moment, but she had been exposed enough to know. Had seen enough to realize what she'd seen. A ginger cat. Unknown to her, but the shimmer was unmistakable. One she had learned to identify if only due to prolonged exposure to them. A StarClan warrior... here for the fallen deputy. Once again, StarClan struck too late. It was always the same with them, wasn't it? To only show up when they were no longer needed. A small frown marred the petite she-cat's brow until she heard them. Crowtooth's words. Blazingstar. It took a former WindClan leader to show up to collect a dead deputy, it seemed, but he was nowhere around for when a message was needed. Alright... that was it. She didn't care how distraught she was. If Firestorm tried to name one of their kits after her grandfather, Lightningstorm was biting that tail.

As she helped her mate mourn, a small voice spoke besides her. Timid, allowing her gaze to lose some of its anger before she turned to Orangepaw's familiar face. It was unfortunate, really... Even when she wanted to be there for her, the life of a medicine cat could never really be fully devoted to one's self. It wasn't about what she wanted. What she needed. Not really. Not ever. It was about her job, and no matter what happened, the world did not stop for her and her loved ones. This was not the apprentice's fault, however, and the healer simply nodded, offering one last nuzzle to her mate before standing up.

"I'm sorry, love. Duty calls. I'll be back... I promise," she whispered in an apologetic voice, large ears flattened slightly at the devastated look still sported in her love's eyes. "Come now. I'm certain there are juniper berries in stock," she added, twitching her tail to let the apprentice know he was to follow her.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @Dark [Firestorm] | @MangofDoom [Poppysong] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Orangepaw] | @SuspiciousMindz [Blazingstar]
Orangepaw nodded to the medicine cat and dipped his head to Lightningstorm's mate in a friendly and respectful gesture. "If you need more I can surely gather some... also Lightningstorm..... I uhm.... I told Twilightstar a bit ago that... I don't think I can be a warrior. My breathing is to poor.... but uhh, my dad told me you had...no apprentice... I-i'm not sure if your looking for one, if not it's ok... but could I maybe help out?" Orangepaw asked hesitantly, "Twilightstar has postponed my training for now.." He added, hoping it might help his attempt of helping the medicine cat.

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:46 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty(inactive)

Being put a little bit at ease by Dustbunny's friendliness, Frostpaw's anxiety soon shot up again at the question of her experience. Oh gosh, the question she'd be dreading. For a cat of her age, 12 moons, she had had a terrible lack of training, mabye due to her mentors rapidly disappearing? It was embarrassing for her honestly yet what could she tell her mentor? Something at least.

Shuffling her paws nervously, the grey tabby point hesitantly murmured: "W-Well...I've had a territory tour...a-and I've done a few patrols...oh, a-also my former mentor held a hunting session for me but he didn't really teach me anything, I was also in the Riverclan raid...that's about it..." shifting her ice-blue gaze to the ground, the young she-cat felt her pelt burn with shame. What would the tunneler think of her? She was tremendously inexperienced and probably only had a few moons of her apprenticeship left...oh dear.

Dustbunny listened silently as the nervous apprentice listed everything she had done. The tunneler twitched her tail, a little concerned about the lack of hunting she'd gotten done. She was going to ask for more specifics on the patrols and hunting, but then the commotion started. Two in one meeting, that was a lot. Dustbunny remained stationed by Frostpaw as the Fallownose's death was announced, and by RiverClan no less.

Those fish were asking for a beating. Dustbunny felt a mixture of emotions that couldn't be placed right now, but anger ran the hottest. The tunneler was not a fighter by any means, but even she was siding with those who wanted blood for this. She hadn't been close to Fallownose as some cats, but it still hurt to see him go. She didn't feel right going up and saying anything to him. Instead, she sent a silent prayer to StarClan. She faintly noticed the bright orange pelt and heard a few cats mumble Blazingstar, but she didn't say a peep.

Dustbunny turned her blue eyes to Frostpaw, watching her reaction, and meowing. "You okay?" She asked. Any training would be held off for the day. Today would be a time for grieving for the clan.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 13th, 2024, 08:23 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Bravebird - @taillow ] [Twilightstar - @Moonraven ] [Blazingstar - @SuspiciousMindz ] [Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Firestorm - @Dark ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur watched Bravebird stumble towards Twilightstar, the tom staying put so his friend could grieve with the leader in private. He focused on scanning the clearing, looking out for any cat who seemed to be taking this hard physically. It seemed he wasn't needed, which was simultaneously reassuring and agonizing. He needed to do something, anything, instead of just sit here like a lost kit. He noticed Bravebird padding away to Crowtooth and Firestorm, both warriors looking heartbroken and distraught. He decided to let them grieve together. He would find Bravebird later and check in on her.

Suddenly, Hawkfur felt the familiar presence of something... other, in the clearing. Fear tore through him, worrying that something was here to make this worse, to hurt more cats, until the presence turned warm, like a blazing sun warming his back. Hawkfur slowly turned, eyes locking on something... there, but not. In fact, he hadn't seen anything at all. But he felt... looked at, in return. It moved slowly towards Fallownose, and Hawkfur felt a warning call rise in his throat before an overwhelming sense of calm washed over him. He frowned, blinked once, and it was gone. He was left with the calm feeling, like a nudge under his chin from a close friend. He then realized that something had come to take Fallownose away, and it would guide him with starlit paws. Hawkfur hadn't realized tears were falling from his cheeks until they splashed against his white paws. They didn't feel like sorrow. They felt like gratitude.

Hawkfur casually wiped his face free of tears, trying to hide the movement by swiping a paw over one of his ears. He was irritated to hear somem being rather annoying, and Hawkfur shot them a warning glare. It seemed to do nothing, however, until Bravebird--strong even in the face of her grief--ordered them to leave. Hawkfur found his gaze drawn to her again, the urge to make his way to her side itching his paws. She seemed to be smiling slightly, and he wondered if whatever had soothed him had soothed her as well. Hawkfur didn't feel in control if his paws as he found himself padding to her, passing Twilightstar on his way. He paused, dipping down to touch his nose to Fallownose's shoulder in a final farewell. He nodded solemnly to Twilightstar. "I'm sorry." He offered quietly, then padded the last few strides to Bravebird.

The russet tom offered her what he hoped was a soothing smile, then nodded to both Crowtooth and Firestorm. He felt a little out of place, among these three who had been so close to the now dead deputy, but he pushed everything away and sat by Bravebird, tucking his tail under his paws.
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 13th, 2024 at 08:23 PM.
Old April 14th, 2024, 09:21 AM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp my forgetfulness has striked again!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Dustbunny listened silently as the nervous apprentice listed everything she had done. The tunneler twitched her tail, a little concerned about the lack of hunting she'd gotten done. She was going to ask for more specifics on the patrols and hunting, but then the commotion started. Two in one meeting, that was a lot. Dustbunny remained stationed by Frostpaw as the Fallownose's death was announced, and by RiverClan no less.

Those fish were asking for a beating. Dustbunny felt a mixture of emotions that couldn't be placed right now, but anger ran the hottest. The tunneler was not a fighter by any means, but even she was siding with those who wanted blood for this. She hadn't been close to Fallownose as some cats, but it still hurt to see him go. She didn't feel right going up and saying anything to him. Instead, she sent a silent prayer to StarClan. She faintly noticed the bright orange pelt and heard a few cats mumble Blazingstar, but she didn't say a peep.

Dustbunny turned her blue eyes to Frostpaw, watching her reaction, and meowing. "You okay?" She asked. Any training would be held off for the day. Today would be a time for grieving for the clan.

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty (active)

Frostpaw didn't even get a response from Dustbunny when all the screeching started. What was going on?! Why was everyone panicking all of a sudden?! These questions were all answered when the bloody corpse of Fallownose was dragged through camp entrance by her clanmate Littleshock...but new questions soon replaced the former.

With a sharp inhale the long-haired apprentice lurched back at the sight of her deputy's body. Her mind was instanty in a frenzy as it usually was when encountered with death but she had to stay calm. Listen. Find out what happened before going into complete hysteria...though that certainly wasn't an easy thing to do, especially for Frostpaw.

Focusing watery ice-blue eyes onto Littleshock she listened as the warrior explained Fallownose's untimely death. Searching for her sibling, Fallownose with a Riverclan lover who suddenly killed him and ran? That didn't make sense...Why were her paws and lip covered in blood then? And why wasn't there any fur stuck in his claws? Frost had a sharp eye for these things but she wasn't usually one to theorise.

She didn't believe the deputy could be struck down so easily, albeit she didn't want to believe one of her clanmates killed him but the clues were pointing towards Littleshock...the only thing that gave her a solid alibi was the stench of Riverclan on hix fur...Frostpaw couldn't explain that and she couldn't say her suspicions until later since everyone was snapping at cats who tried to voice their own theories...perhaps she'd never get to the chance to accuse Littleshock...she didn't want to either.

Blinking in surprise for a moment as bright orange fur flashed near Fallownose's body, the grey tabby point turned shakily to Dustbunny at her question. "Y-yeah..." she croaked turning her teary gaze to the ground. She wasn't ok but what could she do? No one would believe her if she spoke up...and everyone seemed to want to grieve his death...Frostpaw was at a dead end for now so all she could do was mourn with the rest of the clan until she got an opportunity...if she got an opportunity.

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old April 15th, 2024, 08:04 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Twilightstar sat stiffly as her clanmates, one by one, came and said their farewells to the fallen deputy or muttered soft condolences to her. She might have felt bad not acknowledging anyone, but she was going through it. Her ears twitched occasionally as she listened to a few arguing clanmates immediately get scolded by sad Bravebird for being so disrespectful. One less thing she had to snap at someone for.

Her eye gleamed with curiosity as she caught sight of the starry cat standing over Fallownose for a moment. Gold met green, and for a heartbeat, it felt like she saw a kindred soul. It went as quickly as it had come, vanishing within the next beat of her heart. She remembered that visitor, Blazingstar. She was born under his leadership, finished her training, and was gifted her warrior name by him. She had never been close to him or any other cat within her clan when she was younger.

Recalling her youth left her feeling resentful. She missed the lazy, selfish, uncaring cat she had been. This all started because of Hawkflame, the brother whose life she felt she had robbed from an incident that had been out of her paws. She had never wanted this life nor this rank. But he had, yearned for it, worked so hard for it, before dying for her. So she strived to become what he'd never be, a leader. Never thought she'd achieve his dream, and wasn't sure when his dream turned into hers.

Oh, how her younger self would laugh if she could see her now. Or pity her, it was hard to say. A promise and unconditional love for this clan kept her going when she wanted nothing more than to stop. She's thrown everything away for this clan. Few understood how devoted she was to this clan, but that was her burden to bear.

It would be nice if the stars helped a bit, but even with Blazingstar's visit, her faith in StarClan remained as broken as her heart. Why show now? Why not when Cowtuft could have used a paw? When her cats were dying from poison the stars deemed WindClan unfit to clue them in. No, her back would remain turned on StarClan for a while more. Perhaps with Fallownose among them, he might look out for them where the rest had failed. She'd rather put her trust in him over other ancestors.

Sighing softly, once enough time had passed and clanmates finished their farewells, Twilightstar stood and stretched out her stiff muscles. The leader didn't call for aid or help, she grabbed the deceased deputy by the scruff and began the long journey to Starry Meadow to lay his body to rest. She knew she had more than enough warriors who'd be willing to bury him themselves. But she'd like to do this alone. Twilightstar needed to get away from the clan for a little to clear her head and work on plans for the future. Concern for WindClna always sat in the back of her mind, but she wouldn't be gone long, and Lightningstorm had proven timelessly that she was bossy enough to play leader for a little.

[Not mentioning anyone since she's not interacting with anyone direcctly.]

WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 16th, 2024, 05:03 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Tired

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Thankfully, Littleshock started speaking not long after Wolffang arrived at Fallownose's body. He wasn't sure if he would've been able to wait another heartbeat. Two words circled in his mind like a hound chasing a hare, rising above the deafening roar of blood in his ear and the thump of his horrified heart. What happened? What happened? The bitter taste of bile began to rise in the back of his throat. Fallownose's wide, staring eyes, the fatal wound marring his decimated figure... it wasn't right. None of this should've happened, he thought, nausea and anger threatening to consume him.

But the words persisted, forcing him to fixate on Littleshock's miniscule orange-and-white figure. The sunlight made her glow like an ethereal being.

What happened? What happened?

Her voice cut through his thoughts like a freshly sharpened claw.

Fleckstorm. Looking for Fleckstorm. For a heartbeat, Wolffang thought Fallownose had been looking for Fleckstorm, then realized Littleshock had said "I." Not "he." Wolffang's paws began to tingle with impatience. His relief at Littleshock's voice began to ebb. He didn't want to know what she had been doing there. He wanted to know what had happened! Who was Fleckstorm, anyway? Hadn't they gone missing a while ago?

Right, they were Littleshock's sibling. Not important...

What happened? What happened?

Voices. Littleshock had heard voices and hid. A RiverClan patrol. His hackles began to rise. Why would Littleshock hide? She should've been there to protect Fallownose! Unless... unless Fallownose hadn't been there yet and she'd intended to eavesdrop? So many unanswered questions...

...that were answered less than a second later, as Littleshock hadn't stopped talking.

Time seemed slow. Too slow. Wolffang was like a skilled hunter, pouncing on each piece of information as if it were a bit of prey and chewing it to bits to extract the flavor of its information.

Fallownose had been on the WindClan side. Talking to someone. Why?

A secret romance?

Fury exploded in Wolffang, a bolt of lightning that inflamed the dry grass around it and sent heat shooting through his body. Every muscle went rigid to the point of snapping. His claws dug gouges in the earth. A deep-throated growl of pure rage exploded from his chest.

How dare Littleshock talk about Fallownose like that? With his body still here, his spirit fresh in the stars?

He would never do such a thing! He was one of the most loyal cats I knew, and he hated RiverClan with all his heart. Littleshock was crazy. That's what I remember her from, he thought ferociously. Trying to initiate a hunting game for Cowtuft. If anyone in the Clan believed her lies...

Despite his growling, he managed to hear the tiny she-cat's next words. The RiverClan cat had killed him. Littleshock hadn't pursued. Rationally, he knew that was a good idea, but grief and desperation provoked him. She should've hunted them down. She should've made them pay. There are problems already. But, if someone as ruthless as Littleshock had held back... she must've had a good reason.

And, as much as he hated to admit it, she was speaking sense again. RiverClan had to pay. With blood.

Wolffang opened his mouth to say something, but there were too many voices, so he shut his jaws. He needed to know what they were saying. Were they dishonoring Fallownose's memory? His claws continued to ravage the ground beneath him, churning the ferns and grass into green paste.

Swiftfire spoke first. Wolffang glanced at her, surprised that she didn't acknowledge such a horrific accusation, but... she spoke well. We need to avenge Fallownose. But WindClan needed to get rid of one problem at a time. We'd better get those minks quick, he thought, a fresh wave of determination sweeping through him like a warm wind. I'll volunteer to fight them myself. The faster they were gone, the faster RiverClan could pay for everything they'd done.

An apprentice, Rabbitpaw, was asking why Fallownose had been alone outside and how RiverClan had known. It seemed a nonsensical question. They weren't waiting for him to be alone. Fallownose was talking to one cat - arguing, perhaps - and they killed him. A choked growl rose in his throat at those words. Killed him. A noble cat gone too soon, far too soon. And getting rumors spread about him.

No, Wolffang did not like Littleshock.

Honeymew was accusing Littleshock of not scenting Fallownose. As much as he didn't like the orange-and-white tabby, Wolffang thought that, once again, the statement was ridiculous. She heard voices first. Besides, RiverClan scent is strong. It would've masked Fallownose's scent easily. Then Spottedpaw tried to talk everyone into peace. Peace? Peace?! When they've done this to us?! A fool's hope and not the mindset of a true warrior. Hopefully, her mentor would knock some sense into her. Wolffang opened his jaws to protest - but some other cat beat him to it. Rabbitpaw, who was actually speaking sense this time. Was Wolffang slow, his mind muddled by grief and rage? Maybe. But the desire to enact revenge on RiverClan for this heinous act and his desire to defend the deputy's - former deputy's - reputation were clearer than a crystal pool.

An angry mew from Lightningstorm caught the dappled gray tom's attention. She was berating Littleshock. Every word from the medicine cat's mouth was more refreshing than a cool breeze on a scalding day. A High Rank's defending him. Good. I hope our Clanmates are as sensible as Lightningstorm. Many were bound to be... but others would eagerly get their claws on some juicy gossip. Just like Rosebriar and Featherwhisker would've. Newfound revulsion almost made him gag. He dipped his head with the utmost respect at Lightningstorm, then made a point of nodding emphatically at her words. He couldn't stop his gaze from drifting back to Fallownose.

Seeing the corpse opened a new wound in Wolffang's soul. With how many times he'd looked at it, he must be bleeding out. Crowtooth's words barely touched his ear, and he nodded vaguely at the tunneller. He suddenly felt... exhausted. Very. Tired of how callous his Clanmates could be. Tired of the disrespect that ran rampant. Tired from the grief that had provided him a hit of fuel before it decided to suck all his energy out. His tipless tail drooped; so did his head, until his chin was lost in his chest fluff. A burning sensation began in the corners of his eyes.

Twilightstar's voice gradually brought him out of the depths. Hearing his beloved leader speak was like a ray of light, an insistence that the situation wasn't okay, but it was better because she was here. Yet he could feel her grief. It was palpable, diluting the air around her and choking her regal voice. Wolffang tore his gaze away from the limp, dark-gray-and-white figure on the crowd and transferred it to the breathing lilac-gray she-cat. He stared at her as she spoke - drained but not uncomprehending.

She didn't outright deny the accusation, but her tone said it all. She doesn't believe it. Wolffang wished she'd say something, but... well, that was out of his control. And she was shutting down all rumors and speculation because, in the grand scheme of things, they didn't matter. They do! He needs to be honored! Wolffang thought. But he didn't dare say it. And the rest of her words...

They settled within him in a way words couldn't describe. He'd seen Twilightstar during that peaceful phase, trying to break the cycle. But choosing not to fight only meant more pain. It only meant getting walked over and abused by the other Clans. Slowly, some strength began to drain back into Wolffang's paws. He lifted his head. His muscles rolled beneath his thick pelt as he adjusted his posture.

One cat's actions reflect the entire Clan. Wolffang found himself nodding once again. Where had his voice gone? He was desperate to speak, yet exhaustion closed his pipes, and every word grated on invisible pebbles and was shredded before it could leave.

But Twilightstar was right. RiverClan would pay many times over.

Some cats were pressing for more answers. More cats were mourning. Wolffang's heart cracked as he saw Firestorm approach Fallownose and whisper some words to him. Her pale orange pelt glowed in the sun, once so promising and now so... so... He wasn't sure. Not cheerful. Not a promise of good things to come. But perhaps this was Fallownose's last gift to WindClan. A clear, sunny day.

Deadmoon was talking now. Wolffang blinked. He'd hardly noticed his sister among the crowd. Whatever invisible thread that had kept him beside Fallownose's body broke, and he found himself besides Deadmoon before he could even think. He leaned forward with the intent of touching his pinkish-gray nose against her brown tabby fur. He was sure he needed comfort. And... StarClan. He needed comfort, something he couldn't yet receive without spilling fish-scented blood.

Then... out of the corner of his eye... he spotted a shimmer.

Wolffang whirled toward it. A gasp escaped him.

It was Blazingstar.

The leader of WindClan when he'd been born.

The orange tabby tom stood over Fallownose, his faint, starry figure contrasting so against the dead deputy's dark fur. Yet it felt... right. To have StarClan mourning such a wonderful cat. Such a loyal and dedicated deputy. The one WindClan had needed. The one who should've been leader.

Was this destiny, he wondered? Or did StarClan not control everything? Wolffang flashed back to his death. He'd been sent back because his death hadn't been supposed to happen. Will they send Fallownose back? he wondered. For a moment, the wild hope rampaged through him.

Then it faded.

Along with Blazingstar's image.

But he'd caught a glimpse of the old leader with Twilightstar, their three eyes shining with grief.

Something felt certain.

He's not coming back.

All around him, his Clanmates had stirred, staring at the spot where Blazingstar had been. Sorrow and grief - but a sense of wonder so deep it ran through him like blood - filled Wolffang's very being. He dipped his head to the spot where Blazingstar had been. Fallownose was truly special. Please look after him in StarClan. And watch over us. We will prove WindClan's worth.

Several moments passed. Then, making up his mind, Wolffang tentatively approached Twilightstar. He hoped it wasn't too soon. She had wanted to be left alone. But, he figured...

"You didn't deserve to lose another deputy," he murmured, his voice hoarse. "I'll leave you in peace to mourn, but, if you ever need anything... I'll be here for you. I swear it."

(I thought it would be best to mention everyone Wolffang reacted to in this post even if he didn't speak to them directly!) @Moonraven [Twilightstar] @Poprock [Littleshock] @Tiabirb [Swiftfire] @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw] @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Honeymew] @Fish [Spottedpaw] @Alchemist Kitsune [Lightningstorm] @Rani [Crowtooth] @Dark [Firestorm] @gs29513 [Deadmoon] @SuspiciousMindz [Blazingstar]

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 16th, 2024 at 05:04 PM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 07:58 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty (active)

Frostpaw didn't even get a response from Dustbunny when all the screeching started. What was going on?! Why was everyone panicking all of a sudden?! These questions were all answered when the bloody corpse of Fallownose was dragged through camp entrance by her clanmate Littleshock...but new questions soon replaced the former.

With a sharp inhale the long-haired apprentice lurched back at the sight of her deputy's body. Her mind was instanty in a frenzy as it usually was when encountered with death but she had to stay calm. Listen. Find out what happened before going into complete hysteria...though that certainly wasn't an easy thing to do, especially for Frostpaw.

Focusing watery ice-blue eyes onto Littleshock she listened as the warrior explained Fallownose's untimely death. Searching for her sibling, Fallownose with a Riverclan lover who suddenly killed him and ran? That didn't make sense...Why were her paws and lip covered in blood then? And why wasn't there any fur stuck in his claws? Frost had a sharp eye for these things but she wasn't usually one to theorise.

She didn't believe the deputy could be struck down so easily, albeit she didn't want to believe one of her clanmates killed him but the clues were pointing towards Littleshock...the only thing that gave her a solid alibi was the stench of Riverclan on hix fur...Frostpaw couldn't explain that and she couldn't say her suspicions until later since everyone was snapping at cats who tried to voice their own theories...perhaps she'd never get to the chance to accuse Littleshock...she didn't want to either.

Blinking in surprise for a moment as bright orange fur flashed near Fallownose's body, the grey tabby point turned shakily to Dustbunny at her question. "Y-yeah..." she croaked turning her teary gaze to the ground. She wasn't ok but what could she do? No one would believe her if she spoke up...and everyone seemed to want to grieve his death...Frostpaw was at a dead end for now so all she could do was mourn with the rest of the clan until she got an opportunity...if she got an opportunity.

Dustbunny tail twitched erratically behind her after Frostpaw's answer. She felt a little bad asking now, it was stupid to think that anyone would be okay after this. She wasn't sure what to say or do to help the apprentice. So she leaned in to give Frostpaw's ear a comforting lick. "Why don't you go and rest, we'll start training later," Dustbunny suggested, feeling rather helpless.