Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Rp finder
Last post by Ghost of Red
Today 03:09 AM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 03:03 AM
{~SomePerson's Rickety Art...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:44 AM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:23 AM

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Hunting in the mist (Private)

@v4mp6re_b1t3
After their territory tour, Deadmoon felt confident enough in Mistypaw's ability to not get lost that, after calling her apprentice Mistypaw! Hunting time! she could just....head out of camp. She headed for one of the little copse of trees that dotted the meadow, not her personal favorite but still a decent ones. Her favorite was a bit too close to the border for a new apprentice, still a bit apt to chase prey over scent lines in the excitement. So it wouldn't be the beech copse this time, but instead a trio of slim paper birch trees and a few serviceberry bushes. The latter were sometimes fantastic for attracting birds, but by now they had all been scavenged.

Instead, they would be preying upon the rodents scrabbling about for birch samaras in the falling leaves. This was still acceptable enough, and Deadmoon was fairly certain that a few fieldmice could be scented in among the leaves from where she stopped, a five or six foxlengths back from the trees. It wouldn't do to scare all the prey away now, would it? First we're going to practice our hunting crouches. she explained, sliding into her own. Front paws extended, weight firmly on her haunches with hind paws beneath her, tail low but not touching the ground. Do your best to mirror mine, and then start moving around. This'll help work out some of the crinkles, and I'll correct anything major before we go after the.....whatever's in there. It was probably worth it to make Mistypaw sniff things out, to get her practice differentiating scents and whatnot.

Last edited by gs29513; Yesterday at 08:52 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
˚₊ ⋆ ☠︎︎ ⋆ ₊˚

Bump Policy: ✮Every few days✮
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Hunting in the mist (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
@v4mp6re_b1t3
After their territory tour, Deadmoon felt confident enough in Mistypaw's ability to not get lost that, after calling her apprentice Mistypaw! Hunting time! she could just....head out of camp. She headed for one of the little copse of trees that dotted the meadow, not her personal favorite but still a decent ones. Her favorite was a bit too close to the border for a new apprentice, still a bit apt to chase prey over scent lines in the excitement. So it wouldn't be the beech copse this time, but instead a trio of slim paper birch trees and a few serviceberry bushes. The latter were sometimes fantastic for attracting birds, but by now they had all been scavenged.

Instead, they would be preying upon the rodents scrabbling about for birch samaras in the falling leaves. This was still acceptable enough, and Deadmoon was fairly certain that a few fieldmice could be scented in among the leaves from where she stopped, a five or six foxlengths back from the trees. It wouldn't do to scare all the prey away now, would it? First we're going to practice our hunting crouches. she explained, sliding into her own. Front paws extended, weight firmly on her haunches with hind paws beneath her, tail low but not touching the ground. Do your best to mirror mine, and then start moving around. This'll help work out some of the crinkles, and I'll correct anything major before we go after the.....whatever's in there. It was probably worth it to make Mistypaw sniff things out, to get her practice differentiating scents and whatnot.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
⋆♱Mistypaw♱⋆
WC App ✶ She-Cat (She/Her) ✶ 6 Moons ✶ Straight
✶Long dusty-white fur with bright blue eyes✶
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Mistypaw carefully watched Deadmoon before doing the same, shaking slightly as she lowered herself into the hunting crouch position. She felt stiffed and she looked up at her mentor, her eyes questioning if she was doing it right or not.

Stone/Shadow (Rouge) ♡ Cherry (Outsider) ♡ Cherryheart (MC) ♡ Shadowfall (VC) ♡ Ravenweb (VC)