Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Patrols
by dino.
Last post by Omari
Today 03:17 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 03:16 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by stag
Today 03:06 PM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:57 PM
Old usernames
by zBlaze
Last post by .Sunshine.
Today 02:49 PM

Old April 12th, 2024, 09:47 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default RussetRabbit Training!

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw has been pretty busy since that meeting and most often it was his business because of himself but he liked it that way. He felt like he was really helping Windclan as much as he could. He cleaned out the dens and he trained with Crowtooth and he tries to bond with his clan mates and tried to learn to help against Riverclan. He felt like his life has started to move so quick! Good thing he was one of the fastest in the clan then, yes! Rabbitpaw padded from the apprentices' den. Stretching out his legs and yawning wide at another early morning. What was it that he wanted to do? Well he wanted to focus on getting some lessons from other warriors. Not that Crowtooth was a bad mentor, not at all! Rabbitpaw loved him a lot and was learning a lot! He just thought getting multiple lessons would help Crowtooth's burden around camp and it would also mean that Rabbitpaw would have extra practice and be extra good.

His green eyes swept through camp and he looked for which warrior would be the victim of his annoying until lessons strategy. Not really though, when he is told no he moves on to someone else who looks like he could learn a lot from. His eyes landed on a warrior, Russetnose, Rabbitpaw thought through the name and nodded. He was pretty sure that was his name! "Russetnose! Russetnose!" The cursed apprentice called out to the warrior with a small grin. "Can you give me any lessons? Any at all?" He asked, pleading with wide, expecting eyes. It was his best 'please' face!
[ @Alastor - Russetnose ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]
Old April 12th, 2024, 10:01 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: RussetRabbit Training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw has been pretty busy since that meeting and most often it was his business because of himself but he liked it that way. He felt like he was really helping Windclan as much as he could. He cleaned out the dens and he trained with Crowtooth and he tries to bond with his clan mates and tried to learn to help against Riverclan. He felt like his life has started to move so quick! Good thing he was one of the fastest in the clan then, yes! Rabbitpaw padded from the apprentices' den. Stretching out his legs and yawning wide at another early morning. What was it that he wanted to do? Well he wanted to focus on getting some lessons from other warriors. Not that Crowtooth was a bad mentor, not at all! Rabbitpaw loved him a lot and was learning a lot! He just thought getting multiple lessons would help Crowtooth's burden around camp and it would also mean that Rabbitpaw would have extra practice and be extra good.

His green eyes swept through camp and he looked for which warrior would be the victim of his annoying until lessons strategy. Not really though, when he is told no he moves on to someone else who looks like he could learn a lot from. His eyes landed on a warrior, Russetnose, Rabbitpaw thought through the name and nodded. He was pretty sure that was his name! "Russetnose! Russetnose!" The cursed apprentice called out to the warrior with a small grin. "Can you give me any lessons? Any at all?" He asked, pleading with wide, expecting eyes. It was his best 'please' face!

RussetNose
------------------
Russetnose had nothing else to do as he sat in the clearing.
as a apprenticed almost the same color as him padded to him he thanked starclan for giving him something to do "yeah sure kid what do ya wanna do?"
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Perchstar is the current leader of MeadowClan!

Last edited by 19796; April 12th, 2024 at 10:06 AM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 11:51 AM
Your Local Spider

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw hopped up once, happy that the warrior was willing to teach him so easily! Mr. Russetnose was very nice, Rabbitpaw decided and the little tom thought for a moment. What did he want to learn first? Well he has had a couple of battling things done already but he wants to be ultra ready for battle when it comes to putting Riverclan in its place. Though maybe he should focus on the other basics a bit as well. Rabbitpaw that he wanted to go out hunting as well! He wants to catch the biggest rabbits for The Miss Storms and Twilightstar and Crowtooth! He wanted to show that he was a hard worker! The blonde apprentice smiled, “I wanna practice hunting! I want to catch rabbits for Twilightstar and the clan!” The little feline hopped once more in place with a wag of his nubby tail before he turned to face the camp’s exit the little apprentice gave a playful look to the warrior, “I’ll race you!!

Before waiting for Russetnose, Rabbitpaw was racing as fast as he could across camp and out into the territory, expecting the warrior to be close behind him. The apprentice really wanted to run as he didn’t have many opportunities! He loved running! It was one of his most favorite things! To feel the breeze through his fur. His manx shaped body was made for such a hobby as well given Rabbitpaw a natural edge when it came to speed. The blond apprentice looked over his shoulder for a second to see how far away Russetnose was.

[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw hopped up once, happy that the warrior was willing to teach him so easily! Mr. Russetnose was very nice, Rabbitpaw decided and the little tom thought for a moment. What did he want to learn first? Well he has had a couple of battling things done already but he wants to be ultra ready for battle when it comes to putting Riverclan in its place. Though maybe he should focus on the other basics a bit as well. Rabbitpaw that he wanted to go out hunting as well! He wants to catch the biggest rabbits for The Miss Storms and Twilightstar and Crowtooth! He wanted to show that he was a hard worker! The blonde apprentice smiled, “I wanna practice hunting! I want to catch rabbits for Twilightstar and the clan!” The little feline hopped once more in place with a wag of his nubby tail before he turned to face the camp’s exit the little apprentice gave a playful look to the warrior, “I’ll race you!!

Before waiting for Russetnose, Rabbitpaw was racing as fast as he could across camp and out into the territory, expecting the warrior to be close behind him. The apprentice really wanted to run as he didn’t have many opportunities! He loved running! It was one of his most favorite things! To feel the breeze through his fur. His manx shaped body was made for such a hobby as well given Rabbitpaw a natural edge when it came to speed. The blond apprentice looked over his shoulder for a second to see how far away Russetnose was.

{-Russet'Nose-}
=================================
RussetNose chuckled and hurried after them, "Im Catching up!"he said before he passed the young apprentice but he slowed down a bit to let them catch up. once they did he looked at them and stopped Pant Pant "Nice one kid!"
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Old April 12th, 2024, 12:11 PM
Your Local Spider

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw smiled as the warrior-apprentice paired slowed to a stop. He had stayed ahead of the warrior longer than he thought he would so it was a win in his book. He was only six moons after all, no way he was beating a full grown warrior to a race. Well, maybe a Windclan warrior, Rabbitpaw could totally beat one of the land fish at a race. No need to think of that right now though, it was hunting time! “I haven’t hunted before! Where are we hunting and how do we hunt?” The blonde apprentice was smiling and hopping at the thought of being able to bring in prey. His first prey! Rabbitpaw waited for Russetnose to catch his breath and explain how to hunt, though he couldn’t quite keep all of the jittery-ness away. He was so excited he could almost forget that…that…The smile fell from its place and Rabbitpaw stopped bouncing as his mind flashed with the mourning and misery that he has been trying to keep locked away since Fallownose’s funeral. Just as quickly, Rabbitpaw forced a strained smile on his face and pretended that he was as excited as he was moments before because he wanted to learn and help but his cheer was gone now.

Where do we start?

Last edited by Dolomedes; April 12th, 2024 at 12:12 PM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:36 PM

[ OOC : Stop (Tail held erect) and Follow Me (Tail kinked over back),
Enemy Detected (Tail bobbing)
Danger (Tail hooked)
Stay Behind Me (Tail held erect and waving from side to side)
Attack (Tail tip facing other way)
Get Down (Tail flattened)
Leave, but be cautious (Tail flicking over back) ]

RussetNose took a breather and explained t them how to hunt , "first you crouch down" he flattened his tail to them "put all your weight on your haunches''
he spotted a small rabbit and told his apprentice to stay there, he calculated his attack and Leaped into the air and quickly finished the rabbit. "now find some prey and show me"
@Dolomedes
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Old April 12th, 2024, 06:47 PM
Your Local Spider

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw watched carefully as the warrior made his way a few paces away before dropping into a crouch. Rabbitpaw mimicked it to the best of his ability and after some time the warrior suddenly pounced forward. Rabbitpaw's eyes widened at the suddenness of the movement before it turned to awe as Russetnose lifted back up with a small rabbit in his jaws. Then he was excused just like that to find some of his own prey to bring in. Something about the simplicity of the show was throwing him off. It didn't make sense to him, he felt like there must be something more to it and he remembers being told of rabbit chasing not so much rabbit pouncing. Maybeeeee Russetnose was just lucky or maybe Rabbitpaw was misremembering. Well, nothing he could do about that, actually there was. Making a note to check in about the lesson with Crowtooth the blonde apprentice set forth, keeping a crouching form as he crawled along the grasses of the territory along his tummy.

It was clunky to move like this and he found himself almost tripping often. Ugh, he had totally expected chasing rabbits. Not crawling after them, this was kind of boring but it was necessary! So the little tom forced himself to suck it up and deal with it! Eventually, through his straining ears caught something on the wind and his attention became a tunnel as his eyes whirled around to focus in on whatever that was. It wasn't the normal brushing of grass and whisting breeze, it was the sound of something moving and alive. The little tom pressed forward, slowly placing each paw with a purpose. A mouse came into view. The tiny thing was crunching on something that Rabbitpaw's green eyes couldn't quite make out.

Yes! Now, what did Russetnose say? Crouch, place all your weight on your haunches, then spring forward? Yeah! He could do that. Rabbitpaw only took a few more steps, barely within pouncing range, too scared of scaring the prey away to take anymore. The blonde apprentice shifted his weight to his haunches and prepared to spring forward, though as he did so he could only watch with growing terror as the mouse tensed and whipped its head around before squealing. The apprentice shot forward then, just trying to catch up with the mouse before it got away through the flowers and grasses to think about proper technique. He swiped but the mouse was clear out of the way and then gone by the time Rabbitpaw landed awkwardly on his chest.

Hmph. So much for that. The apprentice got up, that was his first catch and now it is just gone! This was just the first try though, he really hopes that Russetnose didn't see that miserable failure. Rabbitpaw didn't check and see if that was the case or not, rather he got to his paws again and shook out his fur. He was upset at the miss but he needed to learn from it! So what went wrong? He got close, which was fine. It was when he shifted weight to pounce that the mouse seemed to sense him and run. So maybe he needed to shift his weight differently? Or maybe that didn't work with mice and he needed to do something different entirely? Rabbitpaw wasn't sure but he refused to return to Russetnose without at least trying one or two more times.

So he found himself crouching along the territory again, snaking his way through the tall grass and flowers, ears spinning every which way in search of more life. It took a lot longer and he was about to just give it up, not wanting to make Russetnose wait any longer when once more something caught his attention. This time it was his nose that caught onto something that he recognized from the prey pile, though it was much more fresh and there! He couldn't quite put his paw on it though, all he knew was that it was prey! Being careful of his paws especially in his excitement, Rabbitpaw made his way through the grass. Weaving through the stalks, his eyes finally made contact with a vole! The creature was tugging on some plants and ducking in and out of the little hill it made with the soil. Rabbitpaw decided to try things a bit differently as the last time didn't work at all.

The feline slowly moved into pouncing distance, body stilling the moment Rabbitpaw knew he could make the distance in a single leap. Then he slowly leaned back on his haunches, putting his weight there and keeping it like that until the vole dashed from its hole. The apprentice was on it in mere moments and launched forward. He landed so square on the creature that Rabbitpaw nearly squished it with his body rather than his paws. It almost escaped too, in Rabbitpaw's inexperienced scramble to land his paws on the tiny, furry body, but it didn't quite make it away and Rabbitpaw was able to kill it in the next moment. Then, for a moment, Rabbitpaw was in such shock that he had got his prey that he just stared at it before he was jumping up with it at staying at his paws.

"I did it! I did it! I caught something!" The overjoyed apprentice picked up his kill and raced back to where he had left Russetnose, uncaring of the other prey in the field as he came to a sudden stop at the other warrior. He beamed as he tried to talk around the vole hanging in his mouth, "Lmmph! Ahph ahm eh!" Then when the sound of his voice rang unintelligable to his own ears, Rabbitpaw sheepishly dropped the vole at his paws and restated his earlier words in a way that made sense this time, "Look! I did it!" Rabbitpaw motioned to the little creature at his paws. Waiting for Russetnose's feedback on the kill, tail wagging fast behind him. Before that though, he turned his attention to some of the wildflowers nearby. "I wanna go back to camp and show off my catch! Can we do another lesson after?" Rabbitpaw spoke excitedly, using his sharp teeth to break the stems of some of the brighter colored flowers. It would be a gift for someone! But who should he give the gift too first? Crowtooth? Or Twilightstar? Or Quailheart? Or Lightningstorm? Or Russetnose? Or some of the kits back in the nursery?

He wasn't sure and for a second he just pondered before he promptly dropped the purple bloom with the vole and was jumping back into the meadow looking for some other flowers. Trying to match each one with his gift list. He eventually landed on a white flower with a yellow center, each petal was easily defined and pretty, for Lightningstorm! The purple blossom-y flower he picked earlier for Twilightstar! A smaller yellow flower with petals that bent a bit oddly but prettily for Crowtooth! The vole he would share with Quailheart, then lastly, he found a reddish flower that had three petals and ran back to Russetnose. Rabbitpaw dropped off all but the red flower at the vole and then came bouncing up to Russetnose.

"This one is for you! As a thank you for taking me out and teaching me!" After giving his gift, Rabbitpaw bounced back to his catch and other picked flowers and picked them up, ready to head back to camp, unless of course there was more to the lesson and he was just accidentally going to quick.
[ +1 Vole, +1 Aster, +1 Daisy, +1 Sorrel ]
[ +1 Trillium given to Russetnose ]

Old April 12th, 2024, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Russet+Rabbit Training!

Quote:

Rabbitpaw

Rabbitpaw watched carefully as the warrior made his way a few paces away before dropping into a crouch. Rabbitpaw mimicked it to the best of his ability and after some time the warrior suddenly pounced forward. Rabbitpaw's eyes widened at the suddenness of the movement before it turned to awe as Russetnose lifted back up with a small rabbit in his jaws. Then he was excused just like that to find some of his own prey to bring in. Something about the simplicity of the show was throwing him off. It didn't make sense to him, he felt like there must be something more to it and he remembers being told of rabbit chasing not so much rabbit pouncing. Maybeeeee Russetnose was just lucky or maybe Rabbitpaw was misremembering. Well, nothing he could do about that, actually there was. Making a note to check in about the lesson with Crowtooth the blonde apprentice set forth, keeping a crouching form as he crawled along the grasses of the territory along his tummy.

It was clunky to move like this and he found himself almost tripping often. Ugh, he had totally expected chasing rabbits. Not crawling after them, this was kind of boring but it was necessary! So the little tom forced himself to suck it up and deal with it! Eventually, through his straining ears caught something on the wind and his attention became a tunnel as his eyes whirled around to focus in on whatever that was. It wasn't the normal brushing of grass and whisting breeze, it was the sound of something moving and alive. The little tom pressed forward, slowly placing each paw with a purpose. A mouse came into view. The tiny thing was crunching on something that Rabbitpaw's green eyes couldn't quite make out.

Yes! Now, what did Russetnose say? Crouch, place all your weight on your haunches, then spring forward? Yeah! He could do that. Rabbitpaw only took a few more steps, barely within pouncing range, too scared of scaring the prey away to take anymore. The blonde apprentice shifted his weight to his haunches and prepared to spring forward, though as he did so he could only watch with growing terror as the mouse tensed and whipped its head around before squealing. The apprentice shot forward then, just trying to catch up with the mouse before it got away through the flowers and grasses to think about proper technique. He swiped but the mouse was clear out of the way and then gone by the time Rabbitpaw landed awkwardly on his chest.

Hmph. So much for that. The apprentice got up, that was his first catch and now it is just gone! This was just the first try though, he really hopes that Russetnose didn't see that miserable failure. Rabbitpaw didn't check and see if that was the case or not, rather he got to his paws again and shook out his fur. He was upset at the miss but he needed to learn from it! So what went wrong? He got close, which was fine. It was when he shifted weight to pounce that the mouse seemed to sense him and run. So maybe he needed to shift his weight differently? Or maybe that didn't work with mice and he needed to do something different entirely? Rabbitpaw wasn't sure but he refused to return to Russetnose without at least trying one or two more times.

So he found himself crouching along the territory again, snaking his way through the tall grass and flowers, ears spinning every which way in search of more life. It took a lot longer and he was about to just give it up, not wanting to make Russetnose wait any longer when once more something caught his attention. This time it was his nose that caught onto something that he recognized from the prey pile, though it was much more fresh and there! He couldn't quite put his paw on it though, all he knew was that it was prey! Being careful of his paws especially in his excitement, Rabbitpaw made his way through the grass. Weaving through the stalks, his eyes finally made contact with a vole! The creature was tugging on some plants and ducking in and out of the little hill it made with the soil. Rabbitpaw decided to try things a bit differently as the last time didn't work at all.

The feline slowly moved into pouncing distance, body stilling the moment Rabbitpaw knew he could make the distance in a single leap. Then he slowly leaned back on his haunches, putting his weight there and keeping it like that until the vole dashed from its hole. The apprentice was on it in mere moments and launched forward. He landed so square on the creature that Rabbitpaw nearly squished it with his body rather than his paws. It almost escaped too, in Rabbitpaw's inexperienced scramble to land his paws on the tiny, furry body, but it didn't quite make it away and Rabbitpaw was able to kill it in the next moment. Then, for a moment, Rabbitpaw was in such shock that he had got his prey that he just stared at it before he was jumping up with it at staying at his paws.

"I did it! I did it! I caught something!" The overjoyed apprentice picked up his kill and raced back to where he had left Russetnose, uncaring of the other prey in the field as he came to a sudden stop at the other warrior. He beamed as he tried to talk around the vole hanging in his mouth, "Lmmph! Ahph ahm eh!" Then when the sound of his voice rang unintelligable to his own ears, Rabbitpaw sheepishly dropped the vole at his paws and restated his earlier words in a way that made sense this time, "Look! I did it!" Rabbitpaw motioned to the little creature at his paws. Waiting for Russetnose's feedback on the kill, tail wagging fast behind him. Before that though, he turned his attention to some of the wildflowers nearby. "I wanna go back to camp and show off my catch! Can we do another lesson after?" Rabbitpaw spoke excitedly, using his sharp teeth to break the stems of some of the brighter colored flowers. It would be a gift for someone! But who should he give the gift too first? Crowtooth? Or Twilightstar? Or Quailheart? Or Lightningstorm? Or Russetnose? Or some of the kits back in the nursery?

He wasn't sure and for a second he just pondered before he promptly dropped the purple bloom with the vole and was jumping back into the meadow looking for some other flowers. Trying to match each one with his gift list. He eventually landed on a white flower with a yellow center, each petal was easily defined and pretty, for Lightningstorm! The purple blossom-y flower he picked earlier for Twilightstar! A smaller yellow flower with petals that bent a bit oddly but prettily for Crowtooth! The vole he would share with Quailheart, then lastly, he found a reddish flower that had three petals and ran back to Russetnose. Rabbitpaw dropped off all but the red flower at the vole and then came bouncing up to Russetnose.

"This one is for you! As a thank you for taking me out and teaching me!" After giving his gift, Rabbitpaw bounced back to his catch and other picked flowers and picked them up, ready to head back to camp, unless of course there was more to the lesson and he was just accidentally going to quick.
[ +1 Vole, +1 Aster, +1 Daisy, +1 Sorrel ]
[ +1 Trillium given to Russetnose ]

[ OOC : Stop (Tail held erect) and Follow Me (Tail kinked over back),
Enemy Detected (Tail bobbing)
Danger (Tail hooked)
Stay Behind Me (Tail held erect and waving from side to side)
Attack (Tail tip facing other way)
Get Down (Tail flattened)
Leave, but be cautious (Tail flicking over back) ] And also HOLD CRAP that was alot of reading XD
------------------
RussetNose saw the apprentice's kill and smiled. "that's a great catch! and thank you! he put the red flower in his pelt and trotted off with his apprentice "after you eat at camp we can battle train if you want" he told them.

he liked training this young fellow, now he wanted an apprentice of his own.
Meadowclan Sign Ups!