Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
wings to warriorhood [p]
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 06:29 PM
The Forest Roars
Last post by constellation
Today 06:24 PM
WCOn Vods
Last post by marshy
Mallows Wreathed In Fog [P]
Last post by alec

Old May 17th, 2024, 12:49 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Default A Biting Fog [Fogpaw Training]

Honeybite grumbles upon realizing how long it had been since she'd been named Fogpaw's mentor. The little stinker hadn't reminded her to take him training!!
And now she was behind on this entire mentor thing.
Padding out into the clearing, the small statured warrior looks for her apprentice. Upon finding him, she approached.
"Fogpaw," she addressed him directly.
"Wrap up whatever you're doing. I'm taking you on that territory tour I promised."
And perhaps if he behaved, and she was in a better mood after some traipsing through the swamps, she'd show him how to hunt. The prey pile was always in need of being stocked, and hopefully it would keep him from complaining to Dawnstar about her absence.

[ @MangofDoom ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; May 17th, 2024 at 12:49 PM.
Old May 18th, 2024, 02:34 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: A Biting Fog [Fogpaw Training]

Fogpaw

shadowclan apprentice | he/him | 9 moons | albino
purrks; kitty softpaws (inactive)
tags; @Abyssopelagic

Fogpaw, in the middle of running his tongue through his fur, looks up at Honeybite’s stern tone. He squeaks and jumps to his paws. ”Yes ma’am.” Stars, he totally forgot to remind her.

(I, too, forgot to remind Honey lol)

Old May 30th, 2024, 06:19 PM

Fogpaw

tags; @Abyssopelagic

Fogpaw looks up from his paws. ”Are we going to the borders?”

He can feel the anger radiating off of his mentor, so his eyes stay stuck staring at his dirty paws.
(Bump)

Old June 4th, 2024, 10:17 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Honeybite was rather pleased that the young cat was quick to be ready.
With a nod of her head, she turned to leave the camp, and to show the new territory to her apprentice. It would be a new experience for the both of them.
She felt guilt for not taking Fogpaw sooner, but it seemed to be for the best, as she'd just have to have taken him on yet another one after the moving of camps. She had a vague idea the direction of their borders and territory markers.
"Eventually, Fogpaw. I will save those for last. I'd like to introduce you to our new territory markers first, and get a general lay out of the land."

She led the apprentice, first to a foggy marshland, covered in a variety of tall grasses, and decorated with pine trees. The ground was soft and mushy beneath their paws, but not quite a proper muddy substance to cling to the fur.
Good, she did not wish to have need to clean herself when they left.
As her paw steps carried her forward, tail ever so slightly swishing behind her, she could hear the echoing croaks of frogs, just waiting to be caught by a deft enough hunter.
Although the sound tempts her to begin the hunt, she decides the dense fogs to be far too treacherous of a starting point for her young apprentice.
She sniffs, and turns her nose for the briefest of moments before passing a spot she's almost certain has a whole brood of toads, ripe for the picking, so to speak, were the fog not so suffocating of the senses.
"This," she begins, "is Darkwater Mire. As dense as the fog might be, it is rich and absolutely teeming with prey. I will one day teach you to hunt in these foggy lands, but I will first have you perfect hunting where the environment does not work against you."
She looks back to Fogpaw, who is only a vague outline from where she stands.
Her fur bristles, and she turns around, taking a few steps in his direction.
"Hmmm, perhaps stick a little closer to me. I do not like when I can't see you. I will walk slower. Tell me if I begin to outpace you, alright?"

As she pads further, the fog begins to ease, and the fire-patched warrior begins to breathe easier. The heavy air no longer stifles and chokes up her lungs, her nose, her sight.
It brings Honeybite relief to see again, even as the calls of frogs are replaced with the steading humming of insects, and the occasional sound of light kncking sound filled the air around them.
She looks around, and spots mossy grounds, occasionally interspersed with thick grasses, not nearly as tall as those that had inhabited the bog, but just as dewy and a menace to walk through. She opted to walk wherever springy moss covered the path instead, and kept a wide berth between them and the reaching grasses that seemed intent on making her miserable and positively coated in wet muck.
Around them, the pines are replaces with spruce trees, and at the base a variety of bushes, the berries bright and red. She stiffened as the cloyingly sweet scent of the berries and wet bark filled her senses, and takes a step back before stopping entirely.
She turns to Fogpaw.
Do not touch those bushes, dearest. The berries are dangerous, and can kill you before anyone might know something is wrong."
She wasn't sure why they would claim a potential hazard as part of their territory, but as it was, there was no changing it, and it would simply be another obstacle to have to navigate around.

//So, SO sorry for how long this took me to get around to
Thank you so much for your patience with me \\
[ @MangofDoom ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old Today, 02:15 PM

Fogpaw

tags; @Abyssopelagic

Fogpaw follows behind Honeybite as they explain what they'll be doing. Curiosity pricks as his pelt as he wonders what the territory looks like. He hadn't been out since he first joined ShadowClan, and the blood loss made it difficult to focus on his surroundings.

The apprentice tilts his head as they near the foggy marsh. The mud beneath him sticks to his paws and makes him stumble for a moment, so he tilts his head down to pay closer attention to where he's stepping. He's going to need to get used to this mud.

Fogpaw looks up as Honeybite explains what the territory is name. Darkwater Mire, a strangely pretty name for such a place. The bright fog makes him need to squint, but he can still clearly see his mentor. When she turns around, though, he realizes she probably can't see him as well as he can see her. "Oh, right. I'll tell you." Fogpaw nods.

Fogpaw follows closer behind Honeybite until they leave the fog, and he slows to his natural pace. At this point, he notices the frogs and tilts his head to try to pinpoint where they might be. Fogpaw, distracted by his focus, nearly crashes into Honeybite when she stops near some bushes. He quickly regains balance as she addresses the bushes.

Fogpaw stares at the berries, surprise shining in his dull blue eyes. How could something so small kill anything bigger than a kit? But instead of raising his concerns, Fogpaw just nods obediently.