The Glow of the...
Last post by ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Today 04:12 PM
Vinepaw warrior name poll
Last post by paedyn
Today 04:11 PM

Old August 24th, 2024, 02:13 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: do not bump until Aug. 25, please!
My Mood: Distracted

Default RiverClan Medicine Cat Applications

Hi everyone! With Mistyshard resigning from the medicine cat position, RiverClan needs a new head healer! While Fading thinks Berrypaw is doing a fantastic job and is a great healer, she's too young and inexperienced to lead the medicine den by herself.

With that said, applications are opening for the full medicine cat position! Due to the significant importance of this role, the high rank team is looking for the best of the best! To give everyone time to make their applications really stand out, you'll have until September 9, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET to finish/submit your application.

Now, on to the expectations! Before getting into more specific expectations, please read through the high rank selection guidelines.

• High activity. RiverClan's high ranks are incredibly active, both IC and OOC. The team is heavily involved in everything that goes on in the Clan, and is responsible for making sure this boat stays afloat. I expect more than the minimum three posts per week from RC's high ranks; while it's totally fine to dip to this on occasion, you should be aiming for at least five posts per week.

Fading expects the medicine cat to be highly visible and present in their Clan; if all they do is hang around the medicine den all day every day, he won't be too thrilled.
  • Communication. In order for our team to work effectively and efficiently, we need good communication! Discord isn't required, but it is strongly preferred.

If you have Discord, you'll be expected to join our Lionheart and high rank servers. You'll be expected to actively participate in both servers by contributing meaningfully to discussions, generating ideas, providing feedback, and responding within a reasonable timeframe to pings. You should frequently check your VMs and DMs, and should answer any important ones within a few days.
  • Maturity, patience, and tough skin. I won't sugar-coat it; being a high rank is tough. While it's a very rewarding and positive experience, it can also be grueling, frustrating, patience-testing, and at times downright upsetting. I expect RiverClan's medicine cat to demonstrate maturity, patience, and level-headedness in the way they engage with the community OOC.

IC, Fading expects something similar. He wants his medicine cat to be mature, focused, and professional. They should be able to put their foot down without taking it too far.
  • Organization. As medicine cat, you have a lot of things to do and keep track of! While I definitely don't mind giving reminders here and there, as a general principle it's up to you to keep track of your own responsibilities! You'll need to ensure patrols are being sent out as scheduled, the herb store is being properly updated and tracked, old herbs are being removed routinely, healing forms are being answered and healing rps tracked, and that allegiance activity checks are being completed when it's your turn, among other things. Spreadsheets are a great aid!
  • IC duties. Fading expects a number of things from his medicine cat. It's a lot to keep up with; you'll likely need to dedicate several hours a week to the role to keep up with everything. The medicine cat should recognize and respect that Berrypaw has certain knowledge that they might not.

As far as herb training goes, the medicine cat's responsibility is in making sure Berrypaw is receiving opportunities to learn and that she's given chances to practice her existing skills; unless you choose to purchase Herbal Knowledge for your character, your cat and Berrypaw will likely be learning most of their herb knowledge together rather than in a traditional mentor/apprentice way.
  • IC experience. Since this cat will be leading the medicine den, Fading wants someone with a good amount of life experience. Considering this, he strongly prefers a cat who is 24 moons or older. He's willing to consider a younger cat if they're an exceptional candidate, but his hard limit is 18 moons.
  • Dedication. I can't stress this enough! RiverClan has lost way too many high ranks over the past 16 months, and we desperately need stability within the high rank team. While I definitely understand that things happen and circumstances sometimes change unexpectedly, we're looking for someone who has the ability and willingness to commit to this role.

Ideally, whoever gets this position will remain in the spot for at least 9-12 months. Given all of this, we respectfully ask that you refrain from applying if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
    1. Your computer access is frequently restricted (i.e. you can only access WCO on a school computer or your parents often restrict your access to WCO)
    2. You have many OOC obligations that may significantly affect your activity.
    3. You have a very hard time committing to a character for more than a few months.

Phew, that was a lot! With all that said, we're very eager to see what everyone comes up with! IC activity is going to be considered in conjunction with your application, so if you want your cat to have the best chance keep them highly active IC!

You're welcome to create a new character for this, but keep in mind that we're looking for both IC and OOC evidence that you're highly dedicated to and passionate about RiverClan! If you want to apply with a new character, you'll need to work extra hard to demonstrate your interest

As a final note, please refrain from doing the following with/in your application:

• Using hard-to-read colors. If your application is difficult or impossible to read, it won't be considered.
  • Doing an interview for your application. These have been done countless times; come up with something more unique!
  • Creating a generic form. Put more effort into it!
  • Mentioning any of the high ranks or quoting this post in your application. We're looking for someone who can pay attention to detail, so if you don't follow this there's a high chance your application won't be considered. Your application will definitely be seen, so don't worry!

Good luck, and I can't wait to see who we get to welcome to our awesome high rank team! Please reach out to someone on the high rank team if you have any questions. That said, please refrain from sending us DMs or VMs that try to convince us to pick your character
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:18 PM
*confused bean noises*

Bump Policy: ✩48 hrs
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat Applications

Good luck everyone !!!

ThunderClan Healing ll ThunderClan Medicine Den ll Wolf HK / Interaction Finder

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
fenrir stares at rose with a spray bottle of water in hand
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:21 PM

Bump Policy: 4/5 days
My Mood: Amused

Placeholder for new cat heehoo
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:32 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Placeholder
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:38 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Hungry

placeholder for plumshade

-wip-

Plumshade
(note things above are due to change)

-Goal 1- Establishing herself as a high rank

Plumshade has seen the disrespect towards the leader,deputy, and med cats of riverclan she disagrees with this point of view and if given the rank she would try to establish herself in the rank taking no disrespect and voicing how most of the cats have lost their respect for their leader and healers.

-Goal 2- Learning as much as she can
Plumshade has no herbal knowledge whatsoever maybe like -cobwebs are white- or something but if put in the role she will go around to anycat who knows herbs she will even go up to berry paw her “apprentice” that she wont consider a apprentice due to her more advanced medical knowledge she’ll see her more as a partner.

-Goal 3- informing the clan of danger
As a med cat plumshade would like to teach her clan mates what herbs pose a danger to the clan and how to identify them and how to treat a cat if said plant was consumed, she would also teach them some minor first aid ex: how to stop minor bleeding,what to do for ticks,thorns,ect

-Goal 4- Understanding the Emotional Aspect of Healing
Plumshade will try to become skilled not only in physical healing but also in providing emotional support to Clanmates. They could work on building strong, empathetic relationships with others to offer comfort during difficult times.

-Goal 5- Assisting with a Major Clan Crisis: A significant goal for Plumshade could be to prove their worth during a major crisis, such as an epidemic, a serious injury to a clan leader, or a natural disaster that affects the whole clan. Successfully handling or contributing to solving this crisis could solidify their role as a medicine cat.

-Goal 6- Overcoming Self-Doubt: Plumshade might face internal conflict about being a med cat
And walking into this new role. A personal goal for herself would be to overcome self-doubt about taking the role or regret they feel about their decision and fully commit to their path as a medicine cat

-Goal 7- Plumshade hopes to make a herb garden to make herbs more accessible for the clan and med den just in case she needs a emergency herb, she will also find a place to dry herbs.

--Ooc--

A couple of important notes

Hello my name is Spider. I am a freshman in highschool so that's fun… I am 14 years old but I will be turning 15 in late november. With that said let's move on.

I am a fairly active person on the site making at least one post a day, most of my time i cant see messages are 6:30 am-5:00 pm this time may differ on free time,what time i get home,ect, but i will try to get on whenever i can. School will take up most of my time alongside other things but i will use most of my free time here.

I heard having a hr is busy and stressful but rewarding. I have had problems with mental health in the past but as I grow and age I learned how to manage my stress and anxiety.

Plum is a new character so i know it might ruin her chances as her character isnt fully developed yet i plan to make her a loud character but i have yet to do so.

I know most of the rc hr team get disrespect and i know the disrespect is handled at the characters, not the roleplayers themselves with this i know i can handle any disrespect and any kind of challenge that comes my way.

I have never had a hr before so it would be a new challenge to learn how everything works, but if I do get the role I'll do my best! I'll stay in the HR role for at least a year . My life has been good and I have weekends and most days free. I will be inactive from 6:30-3:30 or longer depending on when I get home but I have the weekend free for the most part. When it comes to patrols i will try to stay on top of them,if given the role i will make a planer and try to have all of my patrols on the same day of each month, now i dont know much on how to handle herb storages but i'm sure ill learn.

Note i have adhd hyperactive and inattentive type so i can forget things easy thats why stated above i will make a planner for patrols,herb,and surprise leader den visits.

I do have some events in mind like a first aid event or a herb gathering event or more im always open to ideas

If given the role ill have plum stay for at least two years or more maybe till she dies or when she steps down time will tell, Talking about stepping down or now moving on to hiatuses I will give about a week notice on planned hiatus such as one in december at the end of the month for a week. If i have any unplanned hiatus example like a family death or a bad sickness ill try to inform you and the hr team as soon as i can.

Ill do my best to keep track of everything and try to stay active in rc, i know rc is one if not the least active clan but i will do at least one post with plum a day interacting with her clan mates and her patients, i will hold a form of respect to all people and characters who i might end up healing even if im not given the same respect.

I do have discord. Spider is my user. I am in the wco discord server and i will join the hr team discord and ill join the lionheart discord too! You can also contact me through pms/vms or email that i will give privately.

risingstorm is a warrior of ThunderClan if he is needed mention me+-
(art by Dolomedes)

Last edited by Spider.; Today at 03:52 PM.
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:45 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days, vm me the link~
My Mood: Yeehaw

good luck everyone!!

Last edited by ace.; Yesterday at 06:26 PM.
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:48 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

Good luck everyone!!
═════════════ ⋆★⋆ ═════════════
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:54 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

good luck everyone

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old August 24th, 2024, 02:54 PM
she's dead scar. you won.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

- c o b w e b f e r n -
• she / they • 20 moons • riverclan •

basics
name : cobwebfern
clan : riverclan
sexuality : lesbian
likes : plants, her friends, flowers, her clan, making jokes,
learning, kits & elders
dislikes : her father, her clan suffering, being unhappy, seeing friends struggle
and being powerless to help

"are you brave?"
"i hope so."

so. let's talk a bit about cobweb, shall we? she used to be a spunky, cheerful apprentice, but she's grown into a mature, battle-torn warrior with a silly side. she's traumatized, yeah, but she's growing and working on herself, and being a little bit better every single day. cobwebfern is not one to back down from a fight. she is brave and courageous, often stepping out of her comfort zone to help and protect. this being said, cobweb is still young. she struggles from fresh trauma that she never speaks of, things that eat away at her slowly. she never speaks on the things that haunt her, instead preferring to keep up cheer and a big smile when she can. cobwebfern is a quiet cat when she wants to, but she is passionate and occasionally talks a lot when she is around her friends or talking about something she loves.

"pay me just to party
and i'll show up in my pjs!"

we would be nowhere in this application without talking about cobwebfern's backstory and her herbal knowledge. i'm not gonna go over her pre-clan backstory because it's a lot, but here we go! cobwebfern joined the clan when she was little, becoming an apprentice and quickly adapting to clan life. only a little while after she joined the clan both medicine cats left and she took on the role of healer along with minkpaw, learning healing, herbs, and how to properly help cats who are struggling mentally and physically. after mistyshard and berrypaw were chosen as medicine cats cobwebpaw left the den, focusing herself on training and quickly graduating to be a warrior. she got close with mistyshard and berrypaw, but berrypaw mostly. cobwebfern lost her leg in a clan battle, and went missing when riverclan returned to the twoleg nest. she returned recently and doesn't remember what happened to her while she was gone well, but she knows it wasn't good.

let's talk about her herbal knowledge for a bit! in her time as the stand-in medicine cat, cobweb learned a lot about herbs and healing. she has herbal knowledge tiers one and two. she is always open to learn and teach and has offered events to teach herbs and healing before. she loves learning, feeds on new knowledge like a moth to flame. cobwebfern is a big fan of flowers also, loving to look at their colors, pick them, and give them to her friends. she would be happy to learn from berrypaw if she didn't know something, and even happier to offer knowledge to her apprentice.

why should you choose cobwebfern and i? let's talk a bit about that and my comfort levels in healing. cobweb has been dedicated to the healing role since basically her apprenticeship, and honestly, really wants the role. she is very dedicated to healing and learning. cobwebfern and i are both active in the clan, also! she has only gone missing once and i am bringing her back quickly. she only went missing because i was at camp sksdfjk
on a serious note i personally think she should be the medicine cat! she and i have both worked really hard for this role.
from oliver: "she’s stepped up to the plate before and has shown constant dedication to her clan despite everything she’s gone through. she has experience and she has knowledge, and maybe she wants to use that so that her clan doesn’t fall into instability within their med cat ranks. she would persist just has she always done."
from kat: "cobyay"
let's move away from that and talk about my healing comfort levels. i am comfortable with a lot of things, but the only things i get squeamish about are super detailed births. i also sometimes struggle with cat death because of having one of my cats pass away, but i can handle this a bit better than i handle detailed birth. that's all that bothers me. :3

"i had to learn how to fight for myself
i'll just say this- i wish you farewell."

hehe thank you for reading! my name is finley if you don't already know (though i'm all over the place on here you've probably seen me before lmao) i'm here to tell you a bit about me :3
- i have discord and am very active on it! you can reach me through discord, vms, and pms. i am good at answering questions and messages quickly
- i am pretty good with activity and it is usually high! if i go on hiatus i am usually in an emergency hiatus.
- i am usually very organized and would be happy to keep up spreadsheets and storage, herbs, activity checks, and forms. i would also be able to make spreadsheets if it is helpful.
- i am experienced in the hr roles, because of what cobweb did when she was in the healing position! i am happy to learn and do more and talk to other hrs for their thoughts and advice.
- i am dedicated and am able to be on wco enough to keep up the hr role! unless a giant emergency shows up, i will stay in the medicine cat role for as long as possible.
- i know how the site and forums work well, being here for a while and also having been on previous forums before. (im looking at you keeper of the lost cities fandom in 2019)
all pixel creds to liticaharmony on da

cobwebfern's goals
- she wants to heal cats and save them from the fate that befell her
- she wants to be happy and help her clan be successful and safe
- she wants to go back home and be able to have her clan be stable

my goals and ideas as med
- help organize the clan and use spreadsheets and data to organize storage
- help keep riverclan stable and have all hr positions filled with good roleplayers
- dedicate myself to the role and spend as much time as possible writing good posts and healing

a bit of healing
completely fake scenario, powerplaying would not be used in a real scenario - cw ; blood and gore
cobwebfern bit on her bottom lip, glancing down at the patient below her. ' what happened to you? ' her head swirled as she watched the cat twitch, blood seeping from their wounds. the cat gurgled, and cobwebfern nodded. ' right. you can't talk. that's my bad. ' the cat under her huffed a laugh, and cobwebfern smiled at being able to make them a little happier, dipping her head and grabbing some moss from the ground. she pressed it to the biggest source of blood, deciding to tell a couple jokes to make the mood a bit lighter. ' okay. while i soak up your lots of blood, why did the chicken cross the thunderpath? '

her carrd <3

her playlist <3
thank you so much for reading this and considering me! i appreciate it and i'm so excited to see everyone's applications and also, who the new medicine cat is if it's not cobs! good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor :]

Last edited by finley !!; Today at 12:43 PM.
Old August 24th, 2024, 03:31 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Cannot WAIT to see the applications!!

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!