Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
StarClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 11:44 PM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by wolfie
Today 11:38 PM
Vinepaw Training
Last post by Tallstar
Today 11:37 PM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by dino.
Today 11:30 PM
Sky Glade
Last post by Tallstar
Today 11:30 PM

Old January 25th, 2024, 02:35 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default I Want to Help [p]

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Darkfall was tired of being useless. Sure, he was strong, and he was y'know big and could get things done, but there was so much that he was unable to do or that he didn't know enough about. For example, he had no choice but to sit there helpless as he watched his poor mate suffering while having his kits. He never wanted something like that to happen again. Nightshiver had so commandingly gotten stuff down or ordered him around and he admired that, he hadn't known she even had it in her to be anything other than timid. So, to avoid a future situation like that again (please StarClan don't let Larkfire have any more kits) he decided he'd pick the forever queen's brain about how to help in the future. He already lost his mother to kitting, and this was the second time that he thought Larkfire would expire while bringing new life into the world so perhaps he could potentially help any other queens in the future to avoid more potential orphans.

Poking his head into the nursery his eyes fell upon the white she-cat. "Nightshiver?" he called to her "Is it possible to teach me how to help when queens are having kits? Watching you help Larkfire-" He still refused to refer to his mate as Lostspark and that likely wasn't changing. "-it showed me how important such knowledge is and how lacking I am. I wish to be to able to help out, if you're willing to teach me that is."

[ @Estelle ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old April 16th, 2024, 11:55 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: I Want to Help [p]

She took a deep breath. Truthfully, she was still a little shaken from Larkfire’s recent kitting – the number of kits (she hadn’t even thought it possible), and the… One complication. Gloomkit. The little survived, but it was a close call, and the mere thought still brought the forever queen anxiety. And… It reminded her – of them. Is this why they didn’t survive, choked before they were born? A shudder ran down her spine. It was Darkfall, she turned around, offering the new father a small smile and dip of her head.

His request wasn’t expected, and you could see a flash of surprise cross her face. But, it soon settled into a soft expression, as she gave a nod.
“I.. prob..probably,,, should,, explain what – what,, happened with,, Gloomkit,,, at least.”
She mew in Response, settling down and offering Darkfall to follow suit with a gesture of her paw.

“I will,,, tell you,, what,, I know. It,, isn’t,, much – sometimes,, I fear,,, not enough. But,, it can,, help, I hope; there are,,, many reasons,, why,, a kit,,, might – might,, not,, be breathing,, after birth. That is,,, usually the,, main issue. Getting,,, getting stuck – the cord,, around t-their,, neck. Fluids,,, blocking,, th-their,, airway or,,, the instinct,, isn’t there. Usually,,,, the f-first,,, thing we,, do. Is,, is to lick their,, fur against,,, its,, natural,,, lay. To,,, encourage them,,, to breathe – but,, you might,, ha,,have to,,, get a bit,,, aggressive. When,, doing so; they might,,, need,,, the stimulation.

But sometimes,,, that’s not – not enough. Like,,, like with,,, Gloomkit. Something,,, can be,, ssstuck in,,, their airways. You need,,, to use a c-claw,,, to pry their,,, mouth o,,open,, and look – a paw,,, is,, usually t-too,,, big – you,,, have to check,,, their nose,, too. Then,,, use your,, claw t-to,,, clear any,,, possible,, obstructions,,, away.

I,,, I remember. Elm,,shadow told me,,, i-if,,, there is,, no,, obstruction,,, you should,, t-try,, to rub and,, press,, the kits’ flank,,, with,, a paw. Roughly. A,, bruise is,,, better than,,, Well – you know. If,,, if there is an,,, obstruction – but,, you can’t,, reach it with,,, your claw. You can,, lift them – carefully – by,,, their back legs,,, and,, well,, swing the kit – it,, isn’t a pretty sight,, but. Swing. Firmly,,, he said,, and smoothly. He said,,, to not,, be afraid,,, of,, hurting them,,, if,, it means they’ll,,, survive.

If,,, if,, before that – the kit,,, gets stuck. Again,,, you c-can,,, massage,,, the queen’s,, belly. To,, encourage the kit and,, and,, reposition,, the kit,,, if possible. If you can,,, see the kit – when she,, she is pushing – because,, queens have to,, push – you can,, help by,, pulling the kit. Carefully,,, while she is,,, pushing,, only.”

She still recalled what Elmshadow had said next. If it comes down to the mother or the kit, chose the mother. But Nightshiver couldn’t bring herself to say that just yet, it wasn’t his question either.
“The plant,, the plant I gave Larkfire. That was,,, burnet. If,,, the queen has been,,, ill,,, recently – or,, she’s had a,,, difficult,, pregnancy,,, is older,,, tired, or – well,,, I suppose,, a situation,,, like,, Larkfire. Lacking,,, strength,,, it can be,,, given to her. At,,, the first,, sign o-of,,, kitting, is best,,, normal. Larkfire,,, was,, unexpected.”
It wasn’t usual to give the herb mid-kitting. Not what she was told.
“Any,,, any other,,, herb,,, can’t be,, given at,,, at risk of,,, making the,, kitting take,,, longer. That is,,, a danger,,, to the kits,,, and queen – that is,,, why I,,, went to get,,, the,, the herb,,, myself.”

She looked up at him after her explanation.
“That is,,, what,, I know – but,, if you,, have,,, any,, questions,, I can,, try,, to answer,,, them.”

[ @Dark ]