Kits Need To Learn Too!! [...
Last post by Estelle
Today 12:23 PM
Hii!
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 12:22 PM

Old July 6th, 2024, 03:25 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

Default RiverClan Lionheart Applications

Hi everyone! The Lionheart team is growing! To help facilitate better behavior for RiverClan upon our return to our normal territory, we're looking for three new Lionhearts! I decided to open applications this time, to do something different and see what sort of creative things y'all can come up with!

So, without further ado...

Great communication. In order for the Lionheart team to function effectively and efficiently, we need you to be not just a good communicator, but a great one. Discord is strongly preferred but not required; if you have a Discord, you will be required to join the Lionheart server and remain active in it. Pings, DMs, and VMs relevant to your position should be answered promptly as a general rule!

High activity. Lionhearts need to be more active, both OOC and IC, than regular warriors. I'll go into IC activity expectations below, but in terms of OOC activity you should be checking the site at least a few times a week and we shouldn't need to constantly bump you for time-sensitive roleplays. You should also be assisting the rest of the LH team and the high rank team with monitoring private threads and border threads for problems, and communicating/handling those issues quickly when they're noticed. There's definitely an allowance for hiatuses and periods of reduced activity, but these need to be communicated and within reason. Lionhearts may not take hiatuses or reduced activity periods that last for longer than a month.

Cooperation and patience. Being a Lionheart can be stressful, frustrating, and time-consuming. It isn't as significant of a commitment as being a high rank, but given the state of RiverClan right now I do place an expectation on my Lionhearts that they'll be willing to exercise patience when dealing with RC's overall situation and the activities of its members. When you're given instructions by the HL or a high rank, we need your cooperation!

Maturity. Being a Lionheart means that you hold a special position in RiverClan, both OOC and IC. You are part of what forms the wider community's perception of RiverClan, and you may be the first point of contact for members who have questions or concerns. I expect my Lionhearts to refrain from engaging in arguments, toxic behavior, or any other type of behavior that doesn't foster a welcoming and open environment for others.

High activity. Fadingstar expects his Lionhearts to be more active than the average warrior. They shouldn't be failing patrols or other related duties. Lionhearts are expected to make at least three posts per week; at least one of these posts needs to be in a public thread. Patrol, meeting, and Gathering posts do not count unless otherwise stated. Lionhearts are evaluated frequently by the Head Lionheart to ensure they are active enough.

Good behavior. Lionhearts should be examples for the cats around them. Fadingstar expects them to act mature, level-headed, and well-mannered. They should not be starting unnecessary arguments, disobeying orders, disrespecting the high ranks/Head Lionheart, or otherwise acting in ways that damage their reputation or endanger the Clan. Occasional issues are permissible provided they aren't extreme, but please be mindful to not let it become a frequent thing.

Attendance at events. Lionhearts are expected to attend all meetings and participate in all Clanwide events. Lionhearts are required to make at least two posts at every meeting and at least three posts in Clanwide events. During Clanwide events, they should be actively helping the Clan in whatever way they can; if Fadingstar sees them doing little to help when the Clan is in crisis, they will likely be demoted. Lionhearts must attend at least one Gathering each calendar quarter, and assist any other Lionhearts and high ranks present with monitoring and controlling the Clan.

Responsiveness. If something is going on, Fadingstar expects the Lionhearts to be responsive. You do not need to have your Lionheart get involved in everything, but they should be participating in what they can. All Lionhearts are expected to attend monthly Lionheart meetings; during these meetings, you should be responding within a reasonable timeframe and having your cat actively contribute. If Fadingstar calls your Lionheart to do something, he expects a response unless, of course, you have an OOC reason that you can't.

Cooperation and teamwork. The Lionhearts are a team; if your cat proves unable to work together with their fellow Lionhearts, they will be removed from the team. Critical discussion is encouraged and welcome, but cats who can't handle it when things don't go their way or who can't respect the authority of the HL/high ranks will not last on the team.

If you're interested in applying, give it your all! Putting a lot of effort into your application is a great way to show that you're genuinely interested in this role.

I'm NOT looking for:
  • Generic forms
  • Interview-style applications. These have been done to death; come up with something more unique!
  • Applications that use hard-to-read font colors or styles. If I can't read your application, it will be discarded.
  • Joke applications. The usual "lol you should totally choose [insert other clan's cat or kit here]" is fine, but please don't make entire applications just as a joke.
  • Evil cats or cats who intend to betray RiverClan. RiverClan has experienced a lot of strife with its higher ranks over the past six months, so for the time being I'd like to avoid any "evil/traitorous Lionheart" plots.
  • Apprentices. Fadingstar does not allow apprentice Lionhearts; if you have an apprentice character you'd like to be a Lionheart, keeping them highly active as an apprentice and focusing on getting them to warriorhood is a great place to start!

I AM looking for:
  • Genuine interest in the role. Please don't apply if you know you're going to have a lengthy period of low activity coming up, or you aren't sure if you want to dedicate time to this role!
  • Cats who have been an active part of RiverClan for at least one month.
  • New warriors must have at least two IRL months of warrior experience.
  • Cats who have not been disciplined for something major (i.e. missing a patrol) in the past 30 days.
  • Cats who don't have a history of problematic behavior in the Clan.
  • Both OOC and IC reasons why you/your cat is a good fit for this role in your application!

These applications will close on July 20, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern. Please keep the time zone in mind, as applications posted after this deadline will not be considered! The new Lionhearts will be announced at the August Clan meeting. Any questions can be directed my way!
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:34 PM

Bump Policy: ✩1 week due to personal reasons
My Mood: Doubtful

Default Re: RiverClan Lionheart Applications

Placeholder!!
tansykit should totes be lionheart yup yup mhm /silly /j

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream

Last edited by Bean; July 6th, 2024 at 03:41 PM.
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:35 PM
Matching w/ @ghost.

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

The Ace of Spades

Goldfish

Table of Contents

-> I: The Silent Predator
-> II: The Ace of Spades
-> III: A Throne of Cards
-> IV: An Heir to Trials and Turmoil
-> V: The Final Hand

I. The Silent Predator

Golden eyes reflected the dim moonlight, a hidden figure in the leaves' only sign of existence. A heartbeat. But not hers. No, The silhoutte's heartbeat was Silent to the outside world. To her, however, it was like the rhythmic tribal drumbeat of the forest. Nature sounds, of which combine into one singular noise. The sound of home. But home was so far away. All the shadowy figure can do is keep pushing, keep moving forward. One paw in front of the other as she creeps toward the small heartbeat. And the target was spotted. The silhoutte's jaws parted, tastes and smells of the Alpines flooding her focused senses.

Touch. The stones beneath her paws.

Taste. The air is cool and tart around her.

Smell. The small creatures body heat radiates toward her.

Hearing. It's shuffling Fills her ears, which swivel toward her prey.

Sight. The near darkness of the night.

Her breath stirs the leaves blotching her view of the rodent. But a squeal of violence of which cuts off suddenly directs her attention toward a new animal-- the silent Predator that stole her kill. Her meal. Her prey. A rumbling growl built up in her throat as the dappled feline creeps from the brush and her eyes lock on those of a serpent. A jet-black animal with a pale underbelly. In its mouth is the mouse, bloodied tail hanging out of its mouth as the creature swallows the dusky rodent whole. A primitive snarl escapes her now, as she flings herself at the animal. If she kills it before it swallows the mouse, then her clan can eat both the reptilian and the mammal. The silhoutte reveals itself as a felidae as it wrestled Ruthlessly with the scaly hunter, but eventually is able to bite its skull, killing it. Panting now, the Molly takes the mouse from where the snake dropped it in her maw, then the snake. With a satisfied huff, she stalks back to camp, a temporary, forlorn home that seemed helpless in comparison to the Riverside Clan's true home. But for now, this would would the direction homeward, the direction to the most homesickening place in their whole temporary territory.

II. The Ace of Spades

The Ace of Spades Symbolizes luck. To some, this sign means war. To others, it means prosperity. Either way, this sign is the most powerful in many card games. Often seen as inspirational and spiritual, the Ace of Spades may have attributes such as intelligence and leadership. An excellent omen to receive, the Ace of Spades suggests a breakthrough and a new beginning. It is likely that the seeker has been struck with major changes that have brought on deeper wisdom as to why things didn't work out in the past. It Represents transformation, spiritual growth, and self-discovery. Symbolizes the need for inner reflection and introspection. Encourages you to let go of old patterns and beliefs that no longer serve your highest good. In card games, the ace showcases its superiority as the highest-ranking card and can often determine who emerges victorious. The Ace of Spades is a traditional death card, but it is also a card of transformation and rebirth. Ace of Spade personalities are charismatic. They enjoy being physically active In an ideal world, the Ace of Spade dives selflessly into work, without the need for accolades. They balance their work-related ambitions with the emotional needs of those who love them and understand the real journey of life is love.

III. A Throne of Cards

Upon the beach, waves shove upward, then pull back. The sand is wet with saltwater where the water receded, where it will be below the waves again and again, slowly wearing away at the sand that always gets covered up and replaced. But slowly, the waves unbury glory, lost to time not so long ago. But this Throne of Cards must be cleaned and studied, to see its true personality and true self. As it's slowly uncovered, be careful with the glass bottle atop the Throne. As it fills with sand, it may wear itself down until it cracks, salty tears desperately trying to escape as an invisible force holds it back. The Throne of Cards is solely made of Ace of Spades, with 52 cards steadily forming a Throne for a queen. The symbol of the Ace of Spades is hand-sketched, made to last until the end of time. You can try to sit atop the Throne, but a ferocious gust of ocean air defensively guards the glass bottle and the Throne, keeping outsiders away. However, with enough tries, the wind will begin to pull you in, so you may rest against the Throne, calming your exhaustion after your travels. A place to rest safely. The wind will be longer shove you away, but tug at you, longing for your return into The Owner of the thrones heart. The only way to leave is to force the winds back, ignore them heartlessly. But for a little time after that, the wind will still have hope, tugging at you gently before giving up and growing spiteful, shoving you back if you ever try to return. And the heart's winds surrounding the Throne will guard itself once again, unwilling to give you another chance at heartbreak.

IV. An Heir to Trial and Turmoil

TW: Death, Abuse, Suicide

As we progress through The Deck of Cards, let us take a moment to closely inspect the forgotten history of the Ace of Spades. Here, let us take the black light and shine it close to the card to reveal its secrets...

Moons 1 through 6

Goldfish was born as Goldkit alongside her sisters, Spottedkit [@/Bean] and Silverkit [NPC... for now] to Cormorantcrash [@/Blaaze] and and unknown rogue. As the youngest, most curious of the bunch, she often got into trouble. Most Most the time however she could count on the middle child Spottedkit (nicknamed Spotty) to bail her out. Silverkit, The eldest, was the most adventurous, fearless kit, as well as the favorite child. At the age of 2 to 3 moons, there was a snowstorm. The kits had been playing hide and seek in the snowdrifts before the storm got too bad to be outside. Silverkit unfortunately froze to death In one of the snowdrifts. Angry and depressed, Cormorantcrash shunned and abused her remaining kits, blaming them for Silvers death. Confused and alarmed, Goldkit turned to Spottedkit for comfort and protection, overall causing Spotty to grow protective and close to Goldkit in her younger years. Goldkit and Spottedkit were adopted by Sunrise and Moonfall [@/Bean, NPCs], but Cormorantcrash murdered both of them directly in front of her kits, ultimately leading to her taking her own life.

Moons 7 through 12

Goldpaw was apprenticed to Duckhunt (NPC) at the age of 7 moons. She grew close to Shellpaw [@/isla] during this time, and even closer to Spottedpaw. Her apprenticeship lacked much trauma, luckily. She became a warrior and was named Goldfish alongside Shellwhisker, Spottedstream, and Pepperbounce [@/Fritter].

Moons 13 through Seventeen

As a young warrior, Goldfish grew distant from most other cats as her mentality developed. She went into an introvert phase, preferring to be alone than socialize. However this didn’t last long after she grew suddenly closer to Shellwhisker after a warriors den interaction. She liked the warriors personality, and enjoyed her company. She temporarily grew apart from her sister.

Moons 18 through present (28)

Goldfish’s life turned wild quickly on the next few moons of her life. She nearly drowned after falling into frozen water, saved by Pepperbounce, and eventually became his mate. She constantly tried to boost his moral, feeling certain he was braver than he thought. During Riverclans leader issues she grew especially close to Minkpaw and Cobwebpaw, enjoying their company and bringing them prey often. Soon she was pregnant with Pepperbounces kits, and had a negative reaction, terrified she wouldn’t be a good mother. She then grew closer to Jayfrost and rebonded with Spottedstream, finding relief in her older sister. When Mistyshard was announced medicine cat and Minkpaw ran away however, she grew panicked and stopped taking care of herself. Minkpaw was like a sister, or daughter, to her, and it broke her heart to see her leave. After One unsuccessful search with Dusklion she became depressed and uncertain. She then went on one more search with Spottedstream and Did find Minkpaw, who rejected coming home. Goldfish then began kitting, and experienced heavy blood loss before having one stillborn and two living kits- Shellkit and Silverkit. Soon she was told Pepperbounce was dead, murdered. It contributed to her depression. Silverkit disappeared. Extra depression. Slowly, however, she began to adapt with heavy help from Jayfrost after Spotty disappeared. Soon however in the mountains Spotty and Silverkit would return, and she has been cured of depression.

V. The Final Hand

Hey hey hey! It’s Blaze here, the one n only! Well, first I’d like to say thank you for reading through this application of my beloved Ace of Spades. This means you’re considering her! Yay! I really appreciate that. I worked long n hard on this application and am very proud that you have read it! Alrighty, into the thick of it. I’m very active on wco and you can expect 1-5 posts per day from me! I do my best to prioritize and encourage people to bump me on Roleplay they think I’ve forgotten. Goldfish is a very dear character to me and has been my main since I joined wco. She gets between two and four posts a week but sometimes more depending on how many Roleplay she she’s in. Goldfish as a whole I think would make a good lionheart due to her loyalty which she has done her best to prove and her neutral attitude toward arguments and issues. She’s not afraid to speak her mind if she thinks there’s a true problem going on either. I love Roleplaying with her and doubt I will (if ever) lose motivation for her. Goldfish overall is a pretty active warrior in Riverclan and I have high hopes for her in the future! You can expect her to be very active and supportive of the clan, trying her best to keep things steady and cooled off. In clan meetings, you,lol see between 2 and 3 if not more posts. She engages in many conversations and I love tossing her into Roleplays to help out! Here’s a handful of reviews from people who have Roleplayed with Goldfish and their opinions on her!

"Underground look around not a sound can escape
Freakin out I'm how many hours away!"

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>

Last edited by Blaaze; Yesterday at 11:42 AM.
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:41 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Hey y'all! Rooting for everyone who applies!

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:41 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

best of luck

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:44 PM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot TwT ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

g'luck y'all!!

|| WIP Character Site! || Art Shop! || Scroller credit! || Pronouns Page! || Roleplay Tracker! ||
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:45 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Sleepy

TINYTOAD
IN CHARACTER TINY
Tiny May Not Be The Most Known Cat Out There, But Shes Certianly One Of The More... Quiet Cats. Shes A Force To Be Roconed With, Even Throwing A Cat During The Driving Out Of Her Clan. She Spend Most Of Her Day With Her Kits, And Training Her Apprentice (Pikes RPer Is On Hatius I Believe) That Or Off Walking Through The Mountian, Looking Down Towards The Other Clans Territories. Tiny Will Try Her Very Best ToStay Positive An Raise Spirits Of Her Clanmates. Shes A Determined, Young Trans She With A Firey Personality, And Is Ready To Burn Her Place Into RiverClan.

OOC STUFF (ME)
Im Quiet Active On WCO And Dont See Any Major Off-Site Work Coming Up Really Soon Other Than A Family Camping Trip But Thats Only Like 5 Days At The Most, Give Or Take. Im Really Deticated To My Characters, And Would Be More Deticated To My RC Cats If My Short-Legged Baby Here Gets The Role. I Put A Lot Of Time Into Making My Chars And Sculpting There Personalities. So, With A Few Touch Ups And Removal Of Her 'Its My Fault My Sisters Gone' Situation - Which Is Almost Gone! - I Think Shed Be Quiet The Lionheart. Deticated, Loyal, And Unafraid Of Even The Big Bad Queen Of Mean, Id Think Me And This Ball Of Unashamed LGBTQ Kitty Would Make A Good Duo, Even With Our Bumps, Lumps, And Issues.

Last edited by Desert Rain Frog; Yesterday at 04:12 PM. Reason: Changed To TinyToad The Lovely
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:48 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Best of luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing all the applications!
Old July 6th, 2024, 03:51 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Confused

gl applicants!!
Old July 6th, 2024, 04:05 PM
she's dead scar. you won.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

evil grins

' bitter choco decoration,