Today 07:03 PM

Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:35 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons
The waves of fury and frustration were rolling off Wings in a way that made Dusklion glance towards the side to the young apprentice. She recalled Rushwater being the one to bring the young apprentice into the Clan, but had they been closer than that? It certainly seemed so, because warriors went missing all the time and this is the first she'd seen the 'paw so worked up.

Fades answer was expected, albeit she knew it would sting to Wings. The head Lionheart gave a small nod and stood. Looking to the 'paw now, Dusk was unsure of what exactly to do. She let her tail briefly fall on her flank, letting it linger for only a moment before it was gone. Comforting kids... yeah, she wasn't all that good at it.

"I'm sure he'll come back," she murmured to the very clearly worried apprentice, before looking at her brother. There was a slight worry in her eyes, but it was gone quickly. "I'll go 'n help Wings look around a bit more. We came right here once she found his chain, but I'd be restless if we didn't at least go 'n do a more thorough search." There was a slight edge to her voice, as if daring her brother to tell her not to.

"That sound good, Wings?" It would hopefully appease the young she-cat, and give Dusk a distraction. A win-win.

[ Eaglepaw - @Mica ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

Last edited by taillow; May 3rd, 2024 at 08:36 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:38 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

——————

Pebblesplash

RiverClan Warrior
~A beautiful scarred white mollie, pale gray and ginger torbie markings with blue eyes~

——————
| @occultation | @starry |
——————

☘︎ The beautiful, scarred tabby anxiously made her way into the leaders den with her tail low. A loud sigh escaped her jaws as she takes a seat… Seeing Fadingsun, She dips her head. “Im sure you’ve heard, but I’m back… I have two things to talk about… First of all, I want to help make RiverClan the raging River it once was. The apprentices have been apprentices for far too long, which is why, if you’ll allow it, I’d like to get these apprentices trained. They need tours and lessons, right? I could show those younglings some borders…”

☘︎ Pebblesplash had been away for quite some time, so she didn’t quite understand the new rules, such as warriors being unable to go to the borders. Then again, Pebblesplash was sensible so she’d either understand the rule or have it not apply to her. “The second thing… the territory has a colony of rats… more than 15 of them are eating the plants on the edge of the territory. I saw them as I made my way back. That’s why I needed to speak to you so urgently.” Rats could be aggressive, so it was a problem. It’s best that they don’t let the rats multiply.

☘︎ “I wanna come help. I know I look like mouse dung right now, but I wanna help the clan.” She was talking about her current condition, with her deep breathing and the huge scar on her throat… “I say we head out now. Hopefully RiverClan has some available warriors right now, otherwise I’d take care of them myself…”

——————
(Notes: She is tired, but she’s still coming LOL.)
——————
Old May 3rd, 2024, 09:31 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Mistyshard couldn't help but lash her tail angrily when Pebblesplash started mentioning training apprentices. They were here for a whole different reason. There was a darn problem in the territory and all this cat cared about was water and apprentices. "Can you stop already?! I don't know what's up with your brain but there's literally a threat in the territory so would you stop yapping about your plans and needs for a few moments?!"

Her words were harsh and her one amber hue narrowed. Usually she was patient and... somewhat sweet with the right cats, but she'd had it with this ex lionheart. Her gaze briefly landed on Fadingsun before returning to Pebblesplash when she finally explained the problem.

A colony of rats in the territory.. it really wasn't good. She pricked her ears as Pebblesplash continued talking, saying something about wanting to come help. Nuh-uh. Absolutely not. This feline had just told her and others that she couldn't walk to the border to do a proper rejoining but suddenly, she was able to fight a threat off?! Mistyshard's eye narrowed even more, turning into a thin slit. That was not happening.

"I don't know what has gotten into your brain, Pebblesplash. But I'm the medicine cat here and I'm telling you that you are not to go with us to fight those rats. You will go into the nest I made for you, rest there, and hope that I have a remedy for your breathing issues soon. You are not to disobey my orders and if you go fight that will have consequences - I'll make sure of it."

Back to the problem. She turned to adress Fadingsun and really hoped Pebblesplash wouldn't step on her already spoilt temper even more. "I think we have to take action immediately. There's 15 rats - maybe we take three patrols of five cats and sort of circle them in order to make sure none of them escape? Then we can kill and eliminate the threat..." Silver ears curiously swiveled in his direction as she awaited the leader's reply.

[ @Dakotaa @occultation ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 4th, 2024, 02:29 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Grimpaw slipped silently, like a shadow, into the leader's den. As he gently dipped his head and looked over at Crowglow, who was watching from the entrance, he finally said something first for once.
"Fadingsun, I believe you are a marvellous leader. I wish to at some point become a friend of you and perhaps also, once my training is completed successfully, aid in a lot of apprentices' training. Oh, and also, I think the restriction you have put in place for meetings is very fair. If they won't listen to you, don't listen to them. That's what it seems like to me. But anyways, Crowglow chickened out when he wanted to let you know he wants to help out wherever and whenever he can." His voice was surprisingly smooth and warm for someone who was usually silent and had the sort of appearance a feline grim reaper would have. @occultation

Last edited by Forgetfulshape; May 4th, 2024 at 02:30 AM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 02:46 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze sighed as he carried himself from the warriors den where he was tossing his thoughts back and forth and back and forth, trying to decide if he wanted to take this issue up with his leader or not. But this wasn't something that was effecting him it was effecting his apprentice's training and ability to be a warrior so something needed to be done. It's nearly been a moon since Rabbitpaw had been assigned to Seabreeze and the pair have done nothing together since. Even though the lionheart tries, he's been trying to reach out with her but the most that's been accomplished was her taking a part in a battle training event ran by Owltalon. And that made him think, maybe it was Seabreeze that was the issue, if she was willing to train in an event that wasn't with him, maybe Rabbitpaw just didn't want training from Seabreeze. Maybe the younger had heard about his late ceremony and thought that he wasn't worth learning from.

And maybe it hurt more than Seabreeze was letting himself believe. That his first apprentice may be purposely be ignoring and avoiding him for some reason that he didn't know and couldn't fix. But in the end, Seabreeze didn't matter, what did was that Rabbitpaw was moving forward in her training and if getting a mentor that she would be willing to work with that wasn't Seabreeze helped than that was what matters. It was later, but not so late that he thought his leader was asleep, at least, Seabreeze didn't think he was. So he came to a slow stop right out of the den and called out to Fadingsun lightly to test if he was asleep. If he was then the lionheart would bring up the problem tomorrow.

"Fadingsun?"
[ @occultation - Fadingsun ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; May 4th, 2024 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 11:11 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 28 moons
With the first Lionheart meeting wrapped up, Dusklion entered the den of her brother with a swish of her tail. She found that she was here almost every other day, and she wondered if this would be her life now since his offer. She didn't mind, and she'd have to see about sneaking her nest in here at some point. Sleeping in here felt a lot more safe than sleeping in the warrior's den - at least she knew he would gut her in her sleep anymore. "Fades, wanted to report the Lionheart meetin' to you. Both Breezy 'n Owls were prompt with their arrival 'n shared. Seems like we all ran into the same outsider though - old enough to be a warrior, black 'n white with blue eyes. I sent her off with some warning scrapes - that is until Skyfall 'n Appleberry showed up 'n played nice with her." The foolishness of the two warriors still stood out in her mind, specifically Appleberry. "I know you just assigned the tom an apprentice, but I'd keep an eye on him. He was ready to be buddy-buddy with the outsider, ask her if she was lost 'n help instead of outright attacking a strange cat on our territory. Same with Skyfall."

It was clear how upset Dusklion was still by the situation, but she shook her fur to calm herself down. There was still more to report. "You know already 'bout the punishments I gave for Duststorm, Teardrop, 'n Mothcloud, with Mists handlin' Blackfeathers. They're all good now. Wolfpaw I was goin' to recommend be reassigned, but he seems to have vanished - if he shows his face again I wanna speak with him - I had confined him to camp for huntin' for those thunder-rats, but it seems he didn't agree with the punishment." Kid or not, Wolfpaw had run off. She hadn't given him that harsh of a punishment for hunting for ThunderClan, but now? She had a few ideas if he ever returned to the Clan.

"Seems like when Breezy 'n Hailstorm were out checking the outskirts border, they came across Antlermutter dead. Not sure what killed her, but considerin' we don't know where she was before she so wildly barged into that meetin', I'm not too hung up over it." Call it harsh, but that was reality. Maybe the warrior had a decent reason for being gone - but she hadn't so much as defended or explained herself when she had been removed, which left Dusklion to believe it wasn't a good enough reason to be admitted back. To her, Antlermutter's death was similar with how she would react to a nameless loner she didn't know dying.

"That's about it, just wanted to get that report in to you." Dusklion got to her paws but waited incase her brother had any questions for her.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

Last edited by taillow; May 5th, 2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 02:17 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

The medicine cat trotted into the leader's den, locating Fadingsun and greeting him with a dip of her head. Amber hues were fixated on the tomcat, thoughts about wether this was the right decision spiralling through her head. But it had to be. The chosen shecat was one of the cats in the clan she had the most faith in; a cat she could actually trust and rely on. A cat who would give everything to make Misty and the clan happy with her. At first she'd had doubts about choosing a 'paw but after deeply consulting her thoughts, she knew this was the perfect match. A hesitant smile spread across her maw, making her feel more sure of herself.

She briefly rolled her shoulders and took a deep breath before dropping the news. "I believe it would be benificial for RiverClan's high ranks to be full again. It is also a bit difficult to handle everything by myself and I suppose having a successor and a partner in the medicine cat's den won't be any bad. I've thought long and hard about this, Fadingsun, and I truly believe that it is the right choice. I know she may be young but from what I have seen she's the perfect choice for medicine cat apprentice." Mistyshard's silver tail wrapped around her paws and she sat down more comfortably before telling the leader of her choice.

"I would like for Berrypaw to be RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice," she mewed, getting more confident with every word she spoke.

[ @occultation ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 5th, 2024, 05:13 PM

Bump Policy: ⭐️ Every other day ⭐️
My Mood: Queenly

Redwater
She-cat {RiverClan} Warrior
Reddish-brown with green eyes

Redwater padded uncertainly up towards the leader’s den. Should I? Redwater thought. Redwater stopped, fear flowing through her red pelt. She gulped. Is asking if I’d ever be given an apprentice too pretentious? She shook her fur out, telling herself that Fadingsun was kind enough, they’d listen and help. She took a breath and padded determinedly into the den. “Fadingsun?”

@occultation - Fadedsun

Join CoastClan! https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82440

Last edited by Lucythecat; May 5th, 2024 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 08:17 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons | active purrks

...Yeah, she was definitely visiting her brother's den too much these days. After having lead Melod- Wisteriawren through the rest of their territory and into camp, Dusklion made a bee-line for the Floodstone (stars, that wretched name!) and ducked inside. "Hey Fades," she called, although this time her tone was nothing but professional. After their last couple interactions she had vowed to not bring any of her emotions into their interactions. "Got someone here that you might recognize."

Stepping to the side, the small dark tabby glanced towards Wisteriawren, knowing that she was probably about to start asking her flood of questions. "Her name's Melody, 'n she wants to join RiverClan. Figured I'd offer her new name - Wisteriawren - if she wants it, but told her the final decision rests with you for joinin'." Taking a seat, the head Lionheart continued. "She's got heart, that's for sure. But will need trainin' on how to fight 'n properly hunt."

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ] [ Wisteriawren - @Rose ]

( @Rose )

Fadingsun sat upright as Dusklion padded into his den. She brought with her a rather familiar looking face; he recognized this cat from some time ago. She was the one that Cobwebpaw and Sweetsong had a friendly chat with as opposed to chasing her out.

He had no problem with her joining; clearly she was genuinely interested in RiverClan, if she'd bothered coming back. Plus, given her... demeanor, she seemed rather friendly. Not like the type of cat to try to slit his throat in his sleep.

Speaking of her demeanor, his eyes sparked with confusion as she proclaimed "Angry!" seemingly out of nowhere. Nobody was angry; sure, both he and Dusklion could be intense a lot of the time, but he wouldn't really describe it as angry...

She seemed to backtrack fairly quickly, only to immediately get distracted by a ladybug. Fadingsun cast an uncertain glance Dusklion's way, then turned his eyes back to Wisteriawren. "Ah, I have no problem with allowing you to join RiverClan as a warrior. Like Dusklion said, you'll need to train. Every RiverClan warrior needs to know how to hunt, fight, and swim, at the very least. RiverClan is currently in a rather... precarious position, so I prefer you prioritize combat training over anything else."

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
@occultation

Fogmuzzle
AFAB - She / Her
RiverClan Warrior

´´Fadingsun?´´ Fogmuzzle called in softly, picking up the prey she had brought the RiverClan Leader and entering the den, setting the carp down at his paws. ´´I wanted to congratulate you on your position as leader, since I never got the chance to.´´

The silver-and-white molly nudged the carp towards Fadingsun. ´´I also thought that you may be hungry, so I brought you this.´´ Fogmuzzle sat back on her haunches and blinked, wrapping her tail around her paws neatly and keeping her composure.

Fadingsun nodded appreciatively as Fogmuzzle brought some prey for him. He did have the intention of eating better soon, but life had kept him too busy to think much of it. Hopefully things would settle enough soon for him to focus on fixing his diet.

As he began to eat, he asked, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Sometimes cats just came to pay him a friendly visit, but usually he found they wanted something or other.

Quote:
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons
The waves of fury and frustration were rolling off Wings in a way that made Dusklion glance towards the side to the young apprentice. She recalled Rushwater being the one to bring the young apprentice into the Clan, but had they been closer than that? It certainly seemed so, because warriors went missing all the time and this is the first she'd seen the 'paw so worked up.

Fades answer was expected, albeit she knew it would sting to Wings. The head Lionheart gave a small nod and stood. Looking to the 'paw now, Dusk was unsure of what exactly to do. She let her tail briefly fall on her flank, letting it linger for only a moment before it was gone. Comforting kids... yeah, she wasn't all that good at it.

"I'm sure he'll come back," she murmured to the very clearly worried apprentice, before looking at her brother. There was a slight worry in her eyes, but it was gone quickly. "I'll go 'n help Wings look around a bit more. We came right here once she found his chain, but I'd be restless if we didn't at least go 'n do a more thorough search." There was a slight edge to her voice, as if daring her brother to tell her not to.

"That sound good, Wings?" It would hopefully appease the young she-cat, and give Dusk a distraction. A win-win.

[ Eaglepaw - @Mica ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

Eaglepaw was certainly taking this hard. Sympathy flashed through the tom, making him completely forget the annoyance he'd felt only a brief moment before. As much as he didn't feel they'd find anything of Rushwater, if looking a little more gave Eaglepaw some closure, then that was worth it. He nodded to Dusklion. "Very well. The two of you can go out and look some more. Just please be careful." I don't need the two of you of all cats to go off and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetfulshape View Post
Grimpaw slipped silently, like a shadow, into the leader's den. As he gently dipped his head and looked over at Crowglow, who was watching from the entrance, he finally said something first for once.
"Fadingsun, I believe you are a marvellous leader. I wish to at some point become a friend of you and perhaps also, once my training is completed successfully, aid in a lot of apprentices' training. Oh, and also, I think the restriction you have put in place for meetings is very fair. If they won't listen to you, don't listen to them. That's what it seems like to me. But anyways, Crowglow chickened out when he wanted to let you know he wants to help out wherever and whenever he can." His voice was surprisingly smooth and warm for someone who was usually silent and had the sort of appearance a feline grim reaper would have. @occultation

A lot of cats had been coming recently to offer their support and appreciation, which warmed Fadingsun. With all of the doubts he had over whether he was leading RiverClan in the right direction, it was nice to know that some cats were definitely in his corner. He glanced in Crowglow's direction, tipping his head to the side. Had he really already developed a reputation as unapproachable and scary to someone?

"You don't need to be afraid to speak with me," he called. "If an apprentice can do it, you certainly can. I only yell at troublemakers." He chuckled with that last line, hoping to ease the warrior's concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze sighed as he carried himself from the warriors den where he was tossing his thoughts back and forth and back and forth, trying to decide if he wanted to take this issue up with his leader or not. But this wasn't something that was effecting him it was effecting his apprentice's training and ability to be a warrior so something needed to be done. It's nearly been a moon since Rabbitpaw had been assigned to Seabreeze and the pair have done nothing together since. Even though the lionheart tries, he's been trying to reach out with her but the most that's been accomplished was her taking a part in a battle training event ran by Owltalon. And that made him think, maybe it was Seabreeze that was the issue, if she was willing to train in an event that wasn't with him, maybe Rabbitpaw just didn't want training from Seabreeze. Maybe the younger had heard about his late ceremony and thought that he wasn't worth learning from.

And maybe it hurt more than Seabreeze was letting himself believe. That his first apprentice may be purposely be ignoring and avoiding him for some reason that he didn't know and couldn't fix. But in the end, Seabreeze didn't matter, what did was that Rabbitpaw was moving forward in her training and if getting a mentor that she would be willing to work with that wasn't Seabreeze helped than that was what matters. It was later, but not so late that he thought his leader was asleep, at least, Seabreeze didn't think he was. So he came to a slow stop right out of the den and called out to Fadingsun lightly to test if he was asleep. If he was then the lionheart would bring up the problem tomorrow.

"Fadingsun?"
[ @occultation - Fadingsun ]

There were two cats who frequently came to his den: Dusklion and Seabreeze. Fadingsun certainly didn't mind; it was nice to have a couple of cats in this Clan who were as active as they were. It made him feel more secure, as if RiverClan was heading in the right direction after all.

So, even though Seabreeze's arrival woke him from a rather peaceful slumber, he wasn't too frustrated. "What can I help you with?"

Quote:
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 28 moons
With the first Lionheart meeting wrapped up, Dusklion entered the den of her brother with a swish of her tail. She found that she was here almost every other day, and she wondered if this would be her life now since his offer. She didn't mind, and she'd have to see about sneaking her nest in here at some point. Sleeping in here felt a lot more safe than sleeping in the warrior's den - at least she knew he would gut her in her sleep anymore. "Fades, wanted to report the Lionheart meetin' to you. Both Breezy 'n Owls were prompt with their arrival 'n shared. Seems like we all ran into the same outsider though - old enough to be a warrior, black 'n white with blue eyes. I sent her off with some warning scrapes - that is until Skyfall 'n Appleberry showed up 'n played nice with her." The foolishness of the two warriors still stood out in her mind, specifically Appleberry. "I know you just assigned the tom an apprentice, but I'd keep an eye on him. He was ready to be buddy-buddy with the outsider, ask her if she was lost 'n help instead of outright attacking a strange cat on our territory. Same with Skyfall."

It was clear how upset Dusklion was still by the situation, but she shook her fur to calm herself down. There was still more to report. "You know already 'bout the punishments I gave for Duststorm, Teardrop, 'n Mothcloud, with Mists handlin' Blackfeathers. They're all good now. Wolfpaw I was goin' to recommend be reassigned, but he seems to have vanished - if he shows his face again I wanna speak with him - I had confined him to camp for huntin' for those thunder-rats, but it seems he didn't agree with the punishment." Kid or not, Wolfpaw had run off. She hadn't given him that harsh of a punishment for hunting for ThunderClan, but now? She had a few ideas if he ever returned to the Clan.

"Seems like when Breezy 'n Hailstorm were out checking the outskirts border, they came across Antlermutter dead. Not sure what killed her, but considerin' we don't know where she was before she so wildly barged into that meetin', I'm not too hung up over it." Call it harsh, but that was reality. Maybe the warrior had a decent reason for being gone - but she hadn't so much as defended or explained herself when she had been removed, which left Dusklion to believe it wasn't a good enough reason to be admitted back. To her, Antlermutter's death was similar with how she would react to a nameless loner she didn't know dying.

"That's about it, just wanted to get that report in to you." Dusklion got to her paws but waited incase her brother had any questions for her.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

Well, Dusklion certainly could've brought worse news from the first Lionheart meeting, but she also could've brought better. Another outsider in their territory, two RiverClan cats having a friendly chat instead of doing their job, Antlermutter dead, Wolfpaw running off... stars, could his Clanmates ever learn to act sensibly?

He let out a short hiss, shaking his head. "I swear, some of our Clanmates really do seem to have bees for brains. I'll issue a reminder at the next meeting that we're supposed to be chasing outsiders off, not having friendly chats with them." There was some bitterness in his tone. "I'm also going to consider a harsher punishment going forward for that sort of problem; do you have any thoughts on that? I don't think it's worth permanently exiling over, but it's certainly a bigger problem than just 'oops, I didn't do my patrol'."

Wolfpaw was an equally-large problem; Fadingsun had a feeling the apprentice probably ran off to ThunderClan, but that was within his right. Nonetheless, he certainly wouldn't have a place in RiverClan again. "If you do see Wolfpaw around here again, chase him off. We don't need troublemakers like that in this Clan. Let him go live with the squirrels. As for Antlermutter, that's a shame; we really could use every warrior we have right now. Nonetheless, we also don't need cats who can't do what they're supposed to. So, perhaps not that large of a loss. Do you know if they took care of the body?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
The medicine cat trotted into the leader's den, locating Fadingsun and greeting him with a dip of her head. Amber hues were fixated on the tomcat, thoughts about wether this was the right decision spiralling through her head. But it had to be. The chosen shecat was one of the cats in the clan she had the most faith in; a cat she could actually trust and rely on. A cat who would give everything to make Misty and the clan happy with her. At first she'd had doubts about choosing a 'paw but after deeply consulting her thoughts, she knew this was the perfect match. A hesitant smile spread across her maw, making her feel more sure of herself.

She briefly rolled her shoulders and took a deep breath before dropping the news. "I believe it would be benificial for RiverClan's high ranks to be full again. It is also a bit difficult to handle everything by myself and I suppose having a successor and a partner in the medicine cat's den won't be any bad. I've thought long and hard about this, Fadingsun, and I truly believe that it is the right choice. I know she may be young but from what I have seen she's the perfect choice for medicine cat apprentice." Mistyshard's silver tail wrapped around her paws and she sat down more comfortably before telling the leader of her choice.

"I would like for Berrypaw to be RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice," she mewed, getting more confident with every word she spoke.

[ @occultation ]

This was the second time recently that Mistyshard paid him a visit, but this one was much calmer than the last. No reports of a troublemaking ex-Lionheart or of dangerous animals in their territory. A little concern did poke at his pelt as she waited for a few moments to speak, but before he could express said concern, she spoke.

Oh, so she'd chosen an apprentice? Wonderful. RiverClan could use a full high rank team now more than ever, and they didn't need to be left without a trained healer again. Getting someone started on the path to full medicine cat status as soon as possible was paramount.

Berrypaw was a fine choice; Fadingsun didn't know the 'paw too well (unsurprisingly for him), but he trusted Mistyshard to make the right choice. "Very well. I trust that you know what you're doing, and that you'll be there to support this kid. I don't want another child's innocence lost too quickly, if we can avoid it." Too many apprentices had passed through RiverClan's high ranks and come out a lot worse for it.

"I'll announce your decision at the next Clan meeting. For the time being, have Berrypaw come speak with me. I want to get to know her a little, if we're going to be working so closely together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucythecat View Post
Redwater
She-cat {RiverClan} Warrior
Reddish-brown with green eyes

Redwater padded uncertainly up towards the leader’s den. Should I? Redwater thought. Redwater stopped, fear flowing through her red pelt. She gulped. Is asking if I’d ever be given an apprentice too pretentious? She shook her fur out, telling herself that Fadingsun was kind enough, they’d listen and help. She took a breath and padded determinedly into the den. “Fadingsun?”

@occultation - Fadedsun

Fadingsun had just finished tidying up his nest when Redwater called his name. Looking over his shoulder, he replied, "Come on in. What can I do for you?"
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 6th, 2024, 02:14 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

( @Rose )

Fadingsun sat upright as Dusklion padded into his den. She brought with her a rather familiar looking face; he recognized this cat from some time ago. She was the one that Cobwebpaw and Sweetsong had a friendly chat with as opposed to chasing her out.

He had no problem with her joining; clearly she was genuinely interested in RiverClan, if she'd bothered coming back. Plus, given her... demeanor, she seemed rather friendly. Not like the type of cat to try to slit his throat in his sleep.

Speaking of her demeanor, his eyes sparked with confusion as she proclaimed "Angry!" seemingly out of nowhere. Nobody was angry; sure, both he and Dusklion could be intense a lot of the time, but he wouldn't really describe it as angry...

She seemed to backtrack fairly quickly, only to immediately get distracted by a ladybug. Fadingsun cast an uncertain glance Dusklion's way, then turned his eyes back to Wisteriawren. "Ah, I have no problem with allowing you to join RiverClan as a warrior. Like Dusklion said, you'll need to train. Every RiverClan warrior needs to know how to hunt, fight, and swim, at the very least. RiverClan is currently in a rather... precarious position, so I prefer you prioritize combat training over anything else."

Fadingsun nodded appreciatively as Fogmuzzle brought some prey for him. He did have the intention of eating better soon, but life had kept him too busy to think much of it. Hopefully things would settle enough soon for him to focus on fixing his diet.

As he began to eat, he asked, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Sometimes cats just came to pay him a friendly visit, but usually he found they wanted something or other.

Eaglepaw was certainly taking this hard. Sympathy flashed through the tom, making him completely forget the annoyance he'd felt only a brief moment before. As much as he didn't feel they'd find anything of Rushwater, if looking a little more gave Eaglepaw some closure, then that was worth it. He nodded to Dusklion. "Very well. The two of you can go out and look some more. Just please be careful." I don't need the two of you of all cats to go off and die.

A lot of cats had been coming recently to offer their support and appreciation, which warmed Fadingsun. With all of the doubts he had over whether he was leading RiverClan in the right direction, it was nice to know that some cats were definitely in his corner. He glanced in Crowglow's direction, tipping his head to the side. Had he really already developed a reputation as unapproachable and scary to someone?

"You don't need to be afraid to speak with me," he called. "If an apprentice can do it, you certainly can. I only yell at troublemakers." He chuckled with that last line, hoping to ease the warrior's concern.

There were two cats who frequently came to his den: Dusklion and Seabreeze. Fadingsun certainly didn't mind; it was nice to have a couple of cats in this Clan who were as active as they were. It made him feel more secure, as if RiverClan was heading in the right direction after all.

So, even though Seabreeze's arrival woke him from a rather peaceful slumber, he wasn't too frustrated. "What can I help you with?"

Well, Dusklion certainly could've brought worse news from the first Lionheart meeting, but she also could've brought better. Another outsider in their territory, two RiverClan cats having a friendly chat instead of doing their job, Antlermutter dead, Wolfpaw running off... stars, could his Clanmates ever learn to act sensibly?

He let out a short hiss, shaking his head. "I swear, some of our Clanmates really do seem to have bees for brains. I'll issue a reminder at the next meeting that we're supposed to be chasing outsiders off, not having friendly chats with them." There was some bitterness in his tone. "I'm also going to consider a harsher punishment going forward for that sort of problem; do you have any thoughts on that? I don't think it's worth permanently exiling over, but it's certainly a bigger problem than just 'oops, I didn't do my patrol'."

Wolfpaw was an equally-large problem; Fadingsun had a feeling the apprentice probably ran off to ThunderClan, but that was within his right. Nonetheless, he certainly wouldn't have a place in RiverClan again. "If you do see Wolfpaw around here again, chase him off. We don't need troublemakers like that in this Clan. Let him go live with the squirrels. As for Antlermutter, that's a shame; we really could use every warrior we have right now. Nonetheless, we also don't need cats who can't do what they're supposed to. So, perhaps not that large of a loss. Do you know if they took care of the body?"

This was the second time recently that Mistyshard paid him a visit, but this one was much calmer than the last. No reports of a troublemaking ex-Lionheart or of dangerous animals in their territory. A little concern did poke at his pelt as she waited for a few moments to speak, but before he could express said concern, she spoke.

Oh, so she'd chosen an apprentice? Wonderful. RiverClan could use a full high rank team now more than ever, and they didn't need to be left without a trained healer again. Getting someone started on the path to full medicine cat status as soon as possible was paramount.

Berrypaw was a fine choice; Fadingsun didn't know the 'paw too well (unsurprisingly for him), but he trusted Mistyshard to make the right choice. "Very well. I trust that you know what you're doing, and that you'll be there to support this kid. I don't want another child's innocence lost too quickly, if we can avoid it." Too many apprentices had passed through RiverClan's high ranks and come out a lot worse for it.

"I'll announce your decision at the next Clan meeting. For the time being, have Berrypaw come speak with me. I want to get to know her a little, if we're going to be working so closely together."

Fadingsun had just finished tidying up his nest when Redwater called his name. Looking over his shoulder, he replied, "Come on in. What can I do for you?"
"He's just easily frightened, didn't want to seem embarrassed." Grimpaw quietly smiled. Crowglow hesitantly stepped in, ears twitching.
"I want to do whatever it takes to help keep the clan from falling into pieces." He meowed gently.