Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Undertaker
Today 06:09 PM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Zei
Today 06:05 PM
WindClan Warriors' Den
by Ian
Last post by Rawsuit
Today 06:05 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 05:51 PM
"A Nest of...
Last post by Bean
Today 05:50 PM

Old March 24th, 2024, 07:18 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Confused

Default Lost and Found

Rosekit
Male / 2 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar across the bottom half of his face

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Being honest, this is absolutely awful, Rosekit told himself, slipping quietly out of the nursery entrance and into the morning air. Nobody to ruin someone else’s day with, not too many people’s day to ruin at all, and…

He paused, mere inches ahead of the nursery. Then for a moment, he paused to listen in on the sounds of the den. Kittens cried, laughed and jumped back and forth over each other and their mothers, paying no attention to Rosekit as he watched them with envious amber eyes. They danced around carelessly, surrounded by the love and compassion of their friends, family, and most importantly, mothers. Who knew where Rosekit’s mother had run off to, and that was ignoring his absent father and possibly non-existent siblings. He was growing jealous to the point discomfort was pulling at the skin under his fur, and the freezing air began to feel genuinely painful. He finished his thought, …and no love at all, really. Oh, I’m pathetic.

Rosekit tried to ignore the freeze-burn and stepped out further into camp. Maybe he still had a chance. Maybe his mother and father would show up someday to pick him up and take him back in, alongside the rest of his siblings, and they’d live normally, hunting for each other, defending one another and loving themselves. Maybe they’d only show up once Rosekit reached adulthood (warrior-hood in this place,) and they’d raise him to protect them as they grew elderly. He could give them the love and care than for some unknown reason they were unable to give him. And- even crazier- somebody had carried him here. Spoke to him, even though it was too quiet for Rosekit to hear. Was he Rosekit’s father? Was he promising to come back some day and pick him up? Finally create a happy family life?

Or they’re dead. All of them.

Rosekit sucked in a breath, unsheathed his claws stopped abruptly. What a thought to have. But once it crossed his mind, it refused to leave. It hung there, replacing all of the hope for love that he’d just found himself weaving together. With the new thought circulating his head, he started to walk again. Maybe it’s for the best that I have the worst possible mindset, He assured himself, but it felt much more overwhelming than reassuring. That way… I can’t be… disappointed. Yeah.

But why were there so many terrible mindsets? ‘They’re all dead’ was only the beginning. They could’ve hated him. His personality, his ruined face, his existence in general. Did he deserve to be hated? Maybe they had never originally hoped for children, kicked out them all once they had the chance. Maybe they-

Oh, Gods of Death, will you shut up. He thought to himself, angrily.

Maybe they were simply too stressed to live with the amount of kits they ended up with. Gave up one or a few. Maybe they were killed just after he was born? But then why was he still here? And who had left him be? Did they die defending him?

Again. Shut up.

Maybe they-

I said shut up,” Hearing his own voice, a little quiet but still clear, made Rosekit jump. He stopped walking again, and turned his head to stare at the ground. That was humiliating. He knew he was lonely, but lonely enough to talk to himself? Now that was just embarrassing. Rosekit took a glance around to make sure nobody was obviously staring at him like he had three heads, before looking back at the ground.

He wouldn’t have to think up all of this if he’d just lived a happy life with his parents. At least a parent- but no, he was one-hundred percent abandoned. No doubt about it.

At least he was alive. He survived despite his parents’ refusal to raise him up as they should have into something confident and healthy. He was here, and excluding a scar or two, he was doing just fine. Did he need his mother or father? Nah! Hanging onto the forming confidence, Rosekit took his eyes off the ground, taking another look around camp. He’d just make it his goal to be the most successful warrior he can be one day, show his maybe-dead parents that they were completely useless to him.

But that wouldn’t end the loneliness. How would be be successful without any help whatsoever?

✽❀✽

// There we are. No hurry on replies, life happens. Take as much time as necessary. \\

@willooowfeather

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Old April 8th, 2024, 11:47 AM
back & better than ever

Bump Policy: any time, I do not care.
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Lost and Found

And what if I do
but don't recognize you?

he / him / his
a calico tom with a white patch up his side and yellow/blue heterochromatic eyes.
@Weekend-Wondering
_______ . _______

As a small, russet-brown kit had been heading out of the nursery, a lithe, dilute calico adorned in bi-colored stripes padded in to bathe his adopted son. At least, it would appear that way, if it weren't for the fact he'd forgotten the kit's name again.

But nevertheless, he'd gotten distracted by the wandering tomkit, and trotted after him before the warrior could stop and remember what he was supposed to be doing.

Who was this kit? He seemed new, and although he bore the scent of a queen, he did not seem to be tended to by one. Mayhaps his milk teeth had yet to form?

Either way, Spottedfire (about the only name the forgetful cat could remember) carefully came up behind him and made himself known by stepping in front. "Hello? Are you intending to go somewhere by yourself?"

pixels done by ramen!
SCHEDULE!
Old April 8th, 2024, 06:08 PM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar across the bottom half of his face

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

By now the cold air was prickling at his skin to the point Rosekit couldn’t help but shiver just a little bit. His eyes fell to the ground in between his front paws, and his eyebrows furrowed. He must look pretty pathetic, wandering out here alone. Who knew if some of his misery had crept into his facial expressions by now. He had spent so much time thinking over his mysterious history and lack of parental support and not enough considering the fact that he might look all sad and lonely in front of his clanmates. But now that Rosekit had spent nearly an entire moon circling camp and doing practically nothing other than observing his clan, you’d expect him to be aware that they existed in the first place. But no, his 5oughts snapped at him. Rosekit’s tail curled and his ears flattened, paws inching closer together in discomfort. Of course I walk around looking like a lonely and confused idiot. Jeez, haven’t I got anything better to do than contradict and criticize myself?

Rosekit’s ears stayed flattened until he heard footsteps behind him. His eyes widened. They sounded as if they were getting closer- as if they were nearing him. His ears flicked back up and twitched, and Rosekit slowed down just a little. They’re coming in my direction- mine! Mine…? He thought, and after another second of listening, he knew they were the footsteps of either a warrior or older apprentice- too heavy to be a kits. Ah, what is it? They better not be about to call me a lonely, poor, little-

The cat stepped into Rosekit’s viewpoint, and Rosekit stopped walking. With curious amber eyes, he watched as the tom stopped to stand in front of him. Rosekit recognized the calico pelt pattern and heterochromatic eyes and matched the tom’s appearance with his name: ‘Spottedfire.’ He may have been young, but with all of the days he’d been waiting for life to get interesting, Rosekit had gotten good at naming his clanmates, even catching large bits of their personalities. He had been correct to think that it was a warrior or old apprentice approaching, with Spottedfire being a warrior and all.

Then the calico tom spoke. He greeted Rosekit first, then asked, ‘Are you intending to go somewhere by yourself?’ Rosekit was already confused at the fact that somebody had voluntarily approached him in the first place, but to be curious about where he was headed? Rosekit narrowed his eyes, not bothering to hide the confusion and judgement from his eyes. What a question. Well, where does this guy think I’m headed? Heck, out into the wild? There isn’t much of anywhere to go, really.

But it had been a genuine question, so Rosekit was prepared to give a genuine answer in return. Plus, he’d learned somewhere that Spottedfire had some funny memory thing going on, so that was something he could put into consideration. Maybe the tom had simply forgotten that Rosekit had four paws that could carry him around camp without the help of some queen or other motherly figure to pick him up by the scruff and drag him around like a newborn kitten.

Rosekit laughed a little, the usual sarcastic tone jumping into his voice. The tone stayed as he spoke. “Where am I intending to go? Seriously?” Rosekit smirked, the judgment in his bright eyes getting clearer. “Well where is there to go? I knew you were a bit scatter-brained, but dang- can’t ’ya see that I’ve got four legs? Well, I do, and like everybody else, I use ‘em to get around places. Don’t need me some queen to take a little walk around camp. Plus, there’s nowhere else but camp to go, my brainless friend! Just in circles, lapping around camp. Duh.

The sarcasm and bluntness was beginning to boost Rosekit’s confidence, and by now, his tail was raised high and his eyes were brighter, shinier. There was a feeling of triumph he always felt whenever he snapped and judged somebody aloud- it didn’t exactly make sense, but it made him feel like he had just jumped up to a higher level. To put it simply, it felt good. Maybe some cats would think this made him a selfish brat, but did he care? Not really. Entertainment was entertainment, and this was entertainment.

Rosekit continued. “And see… I bet it’s hollow up in that head, am I correct…” Think of a name, Rosekit, Spotted’Fire… fire… Spark……Sparky? Let’s see!” Rosekit finished it off by bracing his hind legs, then jumping upward. He attempted bat the top of the warrior’s head as many times as possible before landing back down from the jump. If he managed, his paw would have landed directly in between Spottedfire’s ears, a little aggressively for his size. If Spottedfire dodged the immature attack, Rosekit would simply land back on the ground without landing any hits.

✽❀✽

@willooowfeather

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Old April 8th, 2024, 07:17 PM
back & better than ever

And what if I do
but don't recognize you?

he / him / his
a calico tom with a white patch up his side and yellow/blue heterochromatic eyes.
@Weekend-Wondering
_______ . _______

I wasn't going to tell you where to go, or what to do. he was quite the tall thing for a fresh-minted warrior with no scars and not yet passing his second newleaf. His voice was gentle and unassuming, as he would probably forget the kit's name if told soon afterward. He was, however, bad at being a warrior and often did not dodge a blow when it came.

The kit definitely had more potential to be a warrior than the spotted tomcat, and smacked him square on the noggin between his eyes. He faked a hurt meow but was not harmed (after all, the other tom was a small kit), and purred a chuckle. "You looked lonely, is all. The way your ears move, it's like you're trying to walk without paws that know where they're going." a small sigh, and a whisper of a 'don't I know that feeling-' before he came back to himself. "You want me to walk with you? So the other warriors don't stuff you back in here?"

pixels done by ramen!
SCHEDULE!

Last edited by willooowfeather; April 8th, 2024 at 07:17 PM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 05:05 PM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit

~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Only once the fluffy russet kit was up in the air did the thought, Crap, what if I miss? enter his head. Paw still risen up high, he felt a little wave of panic. My stupidly shallow brain- one tilt of the head and there goes my last scrap of confidence! Idiot, idiot, idio- But it seemed Spottedfire hadn’t been mentally prepared for Rosekit to suddenly leap up and throw a whack to the head. Rosekit didn’t judge him- it wasn’t every day you’d get hit in the middle of a could-be pleasant conversation. Even still, Rosekit was surprised when he actually managed to land his paw where he had intended to. He felt the bottom of his small paw land right in between the older tom’s eyes, right on that popular facial target. YES- YESSSSS!

And just like that, all of the confidence came flooding back, along with the smug smirk. The panic wave retreated and Rosekit withdrew his paw, falling back down to land decently gracefully back on his four paws. Aha! He gawked up at Spottedfire with triumph blazing in his gaze. Then he proceeded to mentally congratulate himself. Right between the eyes- literally! I must have been fast- so fast he couldn’t even dodge! Amazing, ha! Thanks to the confidence that was bubbling up all over the place by now, Rosekit had no idea that the meow of pain Spottedfire seemed to make was a fake. It only made him feel better about what he had managed, and his smirk grew.

But before Rosekit could spent too much time idolizing the image of his warrior self, standing like a king in the glare of the sunlight, bright eyed and nicely scarred, he heard an unexpected sound leave the warrior. For a heartbeat, Rosekit got excited because he was convinced he was listening to the prelude of a growl, only to discover that it was actually a purr. The small tom’s heart sank.
But I.. The disappointment made its way into his face, and his smirk fell away. …I thought… but I thought…

Rosekit had just bap-ed him, what was going on? Had Spottedfire taken pleasure in the clearly warrior-worthy attack? Amusement?! And goodness- not only was it a purr, it was a chuckle. A laugh. He’s laughing at me! Literally laughing at me! Rosekit’s eyes narrowed again, this time in dissatisfaction. He could’ve at least tried to act like he felt a bit of pain, like the meow! Wait… the meow… ah, crud-

Spottedfire then commented on his lonely appearance. Rosekit forget about the apparently-failed attack and pictured himself wandering through the clearing, alone and miserable with his tail between his legs and ears flattened against his head. Oh. Double-crud. He had been worried about that earlier, being spotted looking like the wimp that he truly was. Spottedfire had seen it all- the stupidity, the sadness, the childish behavior… and his paws, too. It was true that Rosekit had been letting his paws lead him back and forth across camp with no specific goal or intention. There was nothing to reach towards, only a social life, and that was obviously failing anyway.

Spottedfire took a quick pause, voice disappearing. Rosekit was puzzled, or at least until he heard the slightest sound of a whisper. The kit’s curiosity popped back in as usual, and he tried to listen more carefully, but Spottedfire was already back to his usual voice, addressing Rosekit personally. How disappointing, Rosekit thought to himself, unhappily. But once he finally processed Spottedfire’s question, it caught Rosekit off guard.

Rosekit lifted his eyebrows and blinked up at the warrior. Walk with him? Around camp? It sounded almost as if Spottedfire was truly interested in Rosekit’s company- No, Rosekit cut himself off there. Of course he isn’t. Why would he be? He even said it- ‘So the other warriors don’t stuff you back in here.’ He doesn’t want me for me, he wants to walk with me so nobody else gets me in trouble for this wandering. The russet tabby’s gaze darkened as he stared up at the warrior in silence. Why can’t anybody understand? I’m young and stupid, but not THAT young and stupid- I can walk with my own four feet! I can get things done by myself! If Sparky here could just get it, I swear, everything would be fine! Augh, this sucks.

The beginning of his response came out harsh and quick. “Again, I’ve got my own four paws, Sparky. I’m sure it ain’t against the code to take a walk around my own dang camp, isn’t that right?” His stare faded into a sharp glare. “I don’t care if I look lonely and miserable… because I’m not! Okay? I’m not! I was just think’n about some things, that’s all-” Then his voice disappeared. Where was this coming from? Why was he getting all defensive? Sure, it looked to him like Spottedfire didn’t understand him at all, or at least not completely, but he was only making himself look more pathetic. What kind of strong and independent warrior would sit here and get all fired up because a fellow warrior asked to go on a walk?

Ah, Triple-crud!

Rosekit’s glare softened a little, turning into more of a grumpy scowl. Maybe Spottedfire would forget about that little blow up, with the tom’s lack of a proper-brain. He changed the direction of his words, immediately acting as if he hadn’t said anything. “I mean… sure,” He started, hesitating when another critical thought arrived. Sure? Really? Pathetic, pathetic, patheticEr- DUH. Right, duh, I’ll walk with you. What, d’ya think I was planning on prancing along through camp all alone for the rest’a my life?Well, actually-Whatever. I’ll walk with ya’, but don’t go assuming I can’t do basic things by myself, ‘Kay? See how I hit ya’? I’ve got a future of claws, teeth and victory ahead’a me. And see, Sparky- compared to that, makes walking sound like breathing. Easy as heck. Let’s get going,

Rosekit tried at making himself look better by nudging his head in the direction he planned on walking. Best show that he was independent enough to make a simple choice before yelling any more. Hopefully Spottedfire would keep on assuming he was so dependent on others… he was his own warrior! He could burn his own problems! He could trample his own hardships! And all on his own! Rosekit was sure he’d manage to make his way into Spottedfire’s memory one day, among ThunderClan’s most powerful warriors!

✽❀✽

// Poor, uh… Sparky. I apologize for Rosekit’s lack of manners. He has a lot of anger inside. \\

@willooowfeather

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; April 9th, 2024 at 05:06 PM.
Old April 29th, 2024, 09:31 PM
back & better than ever

And what if I do
but don't recognize you?

he / him / his
@Weekend-Wondering
_______ . _______

But the calico warrior didn’t go on right away. “S’all right. I just didn’t want you to get in trouble by other warriors, is all.” as if he didn’t actually just finish saying that at all, and in fact had already forgotten the kit’s name. But that was okay, he didn’t have to know the name of the kit. Spottedfire looked back to the nest he shared with Burnetkit and gave a smile at his deaf son, purring a small smile that the little calico seemed to like. For some reason, despite being a young tomcat, he was remarkably good with kits, and loved spending time in the nursery. Well, his kit was still a kit, maybe the Important Cats didn’t know if a cat who couldn’t hear could be a warrior — not that he himself remembered that half the time. In fact, he couldn’t remember if his kit had a voice or even if he had eaten that day. Wait who’s son? What kit?

He felt as helpless as one, more often than not, but wait who was this kit at his feet again?

“They don’t tend to notice me all that much, but then again, I’m always afraid I’ll do something mousebrained and mess it all up.” that part was muttered more than it was said. Insecurity ran with the amnesiac as easily as a crow flew. His thought trailed onward, more like my paws can’t even get me home — was that a squirrel? Two odd-colored ears perked up for a second, his back straightening and head whipping around to listen for…

Something? Skittering? Chattering? Birds! He liked birdsong. The birds were chirping and it made perfect lullaby for kits.

Why was this kid such a puffball of anger? Was it his face? Who was he? That part annoyed the warrior so much — he’d just gotten his name? Maybe?

He’d forgotten.

But the kit’s words stung his heart. For somecat who forgot the names of his best friends (or if he even had a best friend), he could tell this kitten wasn’t okay. And that was completely okay, as to Spottedfire, he’d been through this kind of thing before, he was at least somewhat sure. His memories seemed to not be consistent with reality, but that was fine!

It wasn’t as if this hadn’t gone on long enough that he wasn’t… used to the difference. “C’mon, then, let’s go for a walk.” And so he trotted off in the direction the kit’s little head was pointing.

He assumed that’s where he wanted to go.

Birdsong followed him like he was some kind of cat Disney princess, or maybe it was just because the birds were chatting about the newest in Apple Nest Home Security product or some random thing a cat didn’t understand. Eh, random strings of words in his head were common and it was imperative he keep the words in his head from echoing — like the dilute tomcat was some kind of sentient empty cockroach shell of a cat just going through the motions.

Even if, to some degree, his body’s autopilot tended to make up for things he did not remember consciously, like how to defend himself or how to fight.

“But hey — I think you’ll make a good warrior someday. What’s your name again?”

pixels done by ramen!
SCHEDULE!
Old April 30th, 2024, 05:56 PM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit

~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Rosekit had been feeling pretty confident during the time period he had been rambling and ranting off to this innocent cat he never met, and that confidence was still burning nice and bright once he was finished speaking. Again, it felt pretty refreshing to snap and hiss somebody else’s face off- and even when his attempts at being the worst possible guy he could be failed and his victims simply smiled, purred, and gave him a little pat on the head, it was all just practice for his future battles with his clanmates. By forcing warriors and apprentices to listen to his nonsense, he was only- slowly but surely- mastering the art of brattiness. Who knows, he would always tell himself. Maybe one day I’ll make some kids cry, feel like a real man!

When Spottedfire had spoken, Rosekit had listened quietly and as kindly as somebody with a personality anything like his could. Silent, decently politely, just with the usual infinite look of mischievousness and superiority in his eyes- but he was trying. It took some effort for the russet tabby to listen to somebody else speak without smirking, interrupting, or fake-coughing constantly knowing full well that it’s annoying to listen to. But today, he had the faintest interest in what all Spottedfire had to say in response to his previous remarks and vicious commentary.

Again, the young calico tom just reminded him that the only reason he’d suggesting walking was to make sure Rosekit didn’t get in trouble with some other warrior, and probably to also just have some civilized conversations. Maybe he knew Rosekit was slightly nicer and less restless when walking around, but he doubted it. This was thanks to Spottedfire’s carrot-memory. Rosekit couldn’t help but wince a little when he realized that Spottedfire had brought up that last defense in response to Rosekit’s own last outburst- he was hoping that would get forgotten and buried into the pits of all of Spottedfire’s missing memories. He could only hope the whole memory-thing was as bad as cats made it seem, because if not, Rosekit was sure Spottedfire was going to think he was stupid and immature for the rest for their lives.

Rosekit had blinked away the dread and snapped back into focus, staring back up at Spottedfire. But where he had expected to see a face looking back down into his own, he found one facing the nursery. The warrior had his eyes on a nest in the nursery where a small tom-kit lay, thinking. When Spottedfire smiled and purred, Rosekit made sure to roll his eyes before Spottedfire looked back in his direction. He narrowed his eyes. Did Spottedfire have a son? Spottedfire, Burnetkit, Spottedfire, Burnetkit… Spottedfire, Burnetkit… yes! Rosekit felt a little stupid for forgetting. Of course Spottedfire had a son, he’d seen them together before!

Now how on earth could Spottedfire raise a son all by himself, with that messy memory? Rosekit smiled a little. Imagine the torture of being a son of Sparky! Then again, Burnetkit was pretty deaf- maybe they just clicked right, them and all their issues.

Spottedfire’s voice brought him back. He was muttering again, so reluctantly, Rosekit listened in closer. He caught onto just enough to get the basics: Spottedfire claimed that he definitely wasn’t the center of attention, but he worried that he’d ruin that neutral-record one day and absorb up all of the negative stares and thoughts by doing something stupid. Understandable, I guess, Rosekit had thought. Then realizing he was unintentionally defending the warrior, he quickly added to the thought, …for a wimp. Eventually, a Rosekit found Spottedfire staring back in the direction of some birdsong, thinking yet again. Rosekit had huffed and let his tail fall limp. What a guy.

Soon enough, Rosekit had started walking, head pointed in the target-direction. He heard Spottedfire repeat his own suggestion to walk, before trotting the warrior’s footsteps coming from behind him, getting nearer. and nearer. Rosekit glanced at him once he had reached him. I guess he’s an anxious cat, then, He told himself. Someone willing to tell a two and a half moon-old kitten about his worries has gotta be a bit on the funnier side, right? Or maybe he’s just an idiot. That works too. Rosekit forced himself to avoid smiling at the idea that Spottedfire’s memory-issue might be a rumor started to cover up plain stupidity. Once again, Rosekit felt a surge of pride over his disrespect. He was dead-sure his rude thoughts would get him in good places one day.

Spottedfire suddenly mentioned that he would make a great warrior one day. Rosekit sniffed and rolled his eyes again, but after some awkward waiting, he realized that Spottedfire had not been joking. He was serious. Again? Rosekit asked himself, confusion building up all over again. First… I think it was Dreamspirit who told me that, just before I disrespect-ed/bothered her out of the nursery. Why does everybody think anger and grumpiness will make me a good warrior? Then again, who was Rosekit to say anything? He admired the heck out of these characteristics he found in himself. Oh well.

He was about to get all cocky about what Spottedfire had predicted about his future… before the next question popped out of the warrior’s mouth. ‘What’s your name again?

Oh. Oh wow.

Rosekit managed to keep on walking without falling over and laughing until his lungs deflated. His name?! Of all things to forget, the name of a kit who you just suggested would become a successful warrior with a strong future? Seriously? Rosekit stared up at the warrior blankly for a while, then turned his head down to stare back at his paws. Oh boy, I’m in for quite an interesting conversation, he warned himself, hiding a smirk by turning his head in the direction opposite from Spottedfire as he walked with the tom. He’ll forget every word I say seconds after I tell ‘em, won’t he!?

Rosekit cleared his throat, wiping away the smirk. He looked back at Spottedfire. He was getting a little bored, why not make things fun with a little lite or two? So chin high and confident, striding on slightly ahead of Spottedfire, he announced, “Dung’Kit. That’s me, sir. Dung’Kit, named after my lovely brown pelt-markings.

Now, that wasn’t enough to satisfy him. He had some more to say. “So, Sparky,” He took a look at Spottedfire’s paws, walking just as simply as his across the clearing. Rosekit understood that it was just his job to be rude, so he wasn’t going to stop now. It would just be a bit more subtle, more jokes and mockery, rather than the genuine arguing and shouting he’d been doing before. “Not gonna just forget how to walk while we’re here, are ya’? That ain’t gonna be fun for anybody!

Rosekit’s smirk came fluttering back onto his face when he imagined Spottedfire suddenly losing all knowledge about how to move his body and tumbling down onto the ground, a little unmoving lump on the ground. It was a weird image, but to Rosekit, it was pretty funny. He didn’t bother to hide the smile this time. Once the strange image left his mind, he continued. “Anyway, say- didn’t ya’ mention the ThunderClan Family not taking much notice of ya’? Eh, maybe you forgot- well let me remind ya’! You did. Maybe it’s all just cuz’ you go off and forget them all whenever they introduce themselves- but ay, you do you, my friend,” When Rosekit moved onto the next topic, his smirk became something less childish and more authoritative, confident. “Also, what was that about ‘good warrior’, Sparky? Oh, I’ve heard it all before, of course,

Right on cue, Rosekit stumbled on a rock and skidded ahead a few feet. The smile faltered a little, and came back roughly as he grunted and hooped back into pace with Spottedfire as if nothing had happened.

-clearly. I agree- and with training, I’ll be not only good, but one of the best, eh? I bet you, Sparky, I’ll be king of the fight! Right now I’m just king of remarks, but that’s gonna change as fast as the wind!” The sudden slight pick up of the breeze made up for his last stumble. Pleasant smile still shimmering, he turned to face Spottedfire. “Don’t you think I’ll be great in a battle? I’m sure I’m going to adore battle-training- let’s just hope my mentor doesn’t ruin it all by getting too obsessed with hunting training, ugh.That seems really easy.” Then an idea came. Rosekit’s eyes widened and he gasped. “Hey,” He slowed down a bit, letting his amber gaze burn into the calico warrior. “Maybe while we’re here, you could teach me a move or two, eh? EHHH!?

Rosekit finally broke his stare away and squinted up at the sun, silently thanking the environment for the change in wind exactly when he’d needed it. He imagined himself again, a warrior standing with his clanmates, being showered in congratulations and praise, smirking and making that scar across his face look all though and cool- and the image of Rosepaw didn’t look too shabby, either. At the moment, during his sad little kitten days, he was just a model in the works! Just a sassy and snarky one. Finally, Rosekit looked back at Spottedfire, starry eyed.

He offered one last smile, and declared, “Maybe I’ll even save this clan from your crappy memory! How ‘bout that, eh? Then ya’ won’t feel like such a mouse-brain!

✽❀✽

// Spottedfire is the more patient and well-natured person I’ve ever seen. Loving on the birdsong, he is awesome. Once again, forgive Rose’Kit for his ignorance. \\

@willooowfeather

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Old May 2nd, 2024, 09:58 PM
back & better than ever

And what if I do
but don't recognize you?

he / him / his

@Weekend-Wondering
_______ . _______

“You’re very willing to voice what you believe in, which is good for a warrior. A voice unwilling to be heard is one that’ll drift off in the wind and lead. You’re strong, and you’ve got a hard head. And… paw.” he shook his head to shoulder the torrents of accusations of his own memory. It hurt, his words, but Spottedfire was nothing if not a kindhearted soul — maybe the warrior should go and start letting his soft voice be heard.

Not today, though, for the kit made it hard to do much thinking about standing up for himself. Every word out of this kit’s mouth directed at him or his faltered head cut his heart like it was trying to split it open. Or like a flock of crows had decided he was the perfect meal for them to feed their young. His eyes looked toward the forest floor for a moment, ears splayed out in a hopefully subtle attempt at getting the kit to stop. Nerves prickled through him, and if he were a dog, he’d whine. If he were a twoleg, he’d probably start tearing up. As it were, he was neither dog nor person, so he stood there with the same kind smile and a delicate purr in his throat. He was the adult here, after all — adults handled worse than a kit picking on them. What would the important cats think, getting all worked up over a kit’s taunting?

Teach him a move or two? When last time he learned anything, he’d — well, he’d forgotten, but the vibe of getting in trouble was there, wavering on the edge like a loner trying to join a Clan. There, but distant in scent and more so in vision.

“I- I suppose I…” he was a terrible mentor and frankly felt pity for whatever cat was the unfortunate soul who had to train him once his memory started to get fuzzy… and for the unfortunate soul whom the important cats thought was appropriate for him to mentor. “... I can try to… teach you.”

His fur grew warm with embarrassment, but he started digging through static to fine tune it to anything– anything — that would be an appropriate lesson to teach a small kit. As if on cue, he couldn’t find anything. It was like trying to find a bird’s feather in sand. Sand! That shifted and melted and was so devoid of anything he could barely paw through it in search of anything useful. I’m sorry, I can’t—

“Okay…” improvisation and pure muscle memory were how he drifted through life, right? He’d just… wing it! He had to, there wasn’t a way this kid wouldn’t stop the taunting if he didn’t learn anything, and… wait, what had he even said, and what made his heart hurt like it did?

Where’d those birds go? Showing was easier than saying, especially if it was something his paws knew better than he could explain! He hoped he wouldn’t be responsible for the kit’s training. How did one even… train?

A bird draped in grey and white skipped across his field of vision, landing to peck at a wayward seed or something that didn’t really matter in that moment. It was a matter of convenience to prove to the equivalent of a three year old that he was a warrior, with a name he worked his tail off for and a job that every other adult in the zip code had, and not an overgrown, overly-sensetive kit. The principle of it, if you will. “C’mon…uh… Rose… Rosie. Come on. Watch… me,” his quiet voice was a hair above silent, dipped his head into a crouch as he moved forward. The poof of fur on the end of the lion-like tail dragged lightly off the ground, the tail hovering slightly, parallel to the forest floor.

This was perfect. He didn’t have to do more than mutter words that described what was occurring! It was perfect! Absolutely perfect!

Bicolored eyes widened, each pawstep more sure and calculated than anycat ever saw them before. Spottedfire was flying completely blind, but a cat didn’t need mind memory where muscle memory could suffice. However, he stopped short of catching the bird’s attention, turning back to the small kit and blinked, eyes still that of a hunter. Once he chased a squirrel to the edge of a puddle after a storm, and caught his reflection in the water — the hunter’s gaze turned his face sharp and fierce. Unnatural and unlike the soft roundness of his angular snout. It had spooked him, briefly, at how scary to him he looked.

No wonder why prey was scared of cats! Their faces were terrifying! Although, Spottedfire was not sure why that particular memory popped up, but it floated away like a leaf on the wind just as quickly. A brief flash of something that in the end, wasn’t particularly important. It happened for

“Now, you do what I just did, and try to sneak up to that bird. Get real low — your tail can’t rake across the ground and watch were you put your paws. My paws remember a lot of what I don’t, and in time, so will yours.” again, his voice is muttered, but this time, annunciated carefully.

At least it sounded like mentoring. That sounded pretty good, he’d think the important cats would hear that and think ‘wow, Spottedfire’s good at mentoring kids.’

He nudged the kit quietly, watching, trying to avoid the —

Oh look, a bird! Wait, no-

But bird…

If somecat could say life was easy if you can’t remember much, Spottedfire would beg to differ. It was insanely difficult — what with the simple fact of not remembering things, and in fact not he would not remember that he’d already taught Little Rosie this move, and if he ever asked again, it would be as if it were their first interaction. In his mind, at least, it was as if he got to become friends with everycat all over again, which was great. He loved making new friends.

What was the kit’s name again?

pixels done by ramen!
SCHEDULE!
Old May 4th, 2024, 10:52 AM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit
Male / 3 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown

~Rosekit

✽❀✽

The rude remark that Rosekit had left Spottedfire to suffer under brought Rosekit no shame whatsoever. At least, not yet. He was too far gone at the moment, too wrapped up in self-confidence to see the amount of pain his words caused anybody else. And his excuse? He was young, he didn’t know better. He and no idea that he would regret it, all of the remarks and comments, once he finally understood that it wasn’t normal to feel like old trash. But for now, he stayed the way he was: completely blind to others’ pain and sadness that he caused. He liked hinges the way they were and had nothing against keeping them that way- even if it meant making innocent warriors like Spottedfire get their confidence chipped away by a child who had grown too much too fast, yet somehow, not anywhere near enough.

These things didn’t even do so much as cross Rosekit’s mind. He was too busy awaiting Spottedfire’s response.

When it came, the russet tabby’s ears flicked back up, tail tip raised. Spottedfire was talking about his future again. Rosekit kept smiling. Of course Spottedfire was talking about that powerful warrior that he would become, who wouldn’t?! Rose’Something was going to be a brilliant cat, Rosekit was sure. As Spottedfire explained the advantages of using your voice and speaking out your believes, Rosekit listened and watched silently.

That was an easy way to get him quiet; Once you brought up Rosekit’s future self, he was dead-silent and as nice of a listener as one could be. One day cats would end up realizing this, maybe use it for personal benefit, but Rosekit couldn’t care less. He just wanted to gather up all of the praise and judgement he could to build off of- and that in itself might just make up for some of his brattiness. At least he wanted to improve.

When the calico warrior told him that he had a strong head, it made Rosekit feel good. When he was told that he had a strong paw, it made him feel even better. He thinks I’m strong? He thought, glowing. From that one head-whack? STRONG?! No way, am I really? His joy was clear in his expression. If a warrior themself had said it, it must be true, right? Rosekit stared up at Spottedfire with a new light in his eyes, something as close to a silent ‘thank you’ as he would allow, waiting for some more. Judgement was alright, so long as it was constructive criticism and Rosekit could use it to better himself, but praise? Praise was heaven. Praise was something to live for.

When Spottedfire stood smiling and purring, Rosekit thought without a doubt that he was feeling his best. He spoke so kindly, smiled so nicely, and hadn’t said a word about Rosekit’s bad behavior. He looked completely fine, so that’s exactly what Rosekit took to heart. Despite his snapping and ranting, all the warrior was thinking about was Rosekit, right? Otherwise, why would he be smiling? Since when do sad cats smile?

Rosekit heard Spottedfire’s voice and his whiskers twitched. Now he was going back to the topic of teaching Rosekit something new- oh, the joy! But the calico warrior was awfully hesitant with his words, lots of stutters. Oh, that’s new, Rosekit thought, smile falling just a little. His eyebrows furrowed. He wasn’t like that before… huh. Guess he’s got some mood-swings, maybe? That’s not always fun. Maybe he was overthinking a memory issue… or just thinking, Rosekit admitted that he wouldn’t know or understand. Spottedfire managed to finish accepting the kit’s request to teach him something with, ‘I can try to… teach you.’ At the sound of that, Rosekit’s full-faced smile jumped back onto his face.

Rosekit processed this moment fully: he was going to be taught something! Something real- not that old crap that random elders and queens made him listen to, like how to play ‘Clan-Life’ with his peers. No, he was learning the real stuff today, the things that real warriors used in their every day lives! He was going to make the best apprentice- the other kits didn’t obsess over this sort of thing. Rosekit had a strong feeling that if he kept going at the rate he was, he was going to crush his fellow apprentices in training! All they’ll be able to do is mentally prepare for my ceremony! He thought with a boost of excitement.

Spottedfire started his search, and Rosekit jumped into focus. He hadn’t been more watchful a day in his life- now he had his eyes catching every little movement Spottedfire made. Though, it would have been nicer if Spottedfire could actually figure out what he was doing. Silently and decently patiently, Rosekit watched as the warrior looked around desperately for something to use, unblinking with anticipation holding back his breath. While Spottedfire proceeded to panic and scavenge around for anything useful, Rosekit waited, irritation growing. Maybe Spottedfire wasn’t the best choice for this- well, whatever! He was a warrior, he could figure it out!

They noticed the bird move across the sky together, but Rosekit was too invested in watching Spottedfire’s every movement to care. Spottedfire told him to watch, and Rosekit caught on. A moment or so had already passed when he realized that the title Rosie had slipped into there at some point. The tom-kit kept himself together and didn’t wince or cringe, but his thoughts did enough complaining to replace it. What a girlish name, ugh! Who in the world decided to go with ‘Rose’ for my prefix? Disgusting! I’m not a girl, I’m not a FLOWER-BOY EITHER!!! I’m surprised he even remembered ‘Rose’ at all- but the whole nickname thing is supposed to be MY thing! He shook the thoughts from his head, and returned his attention to the calico in front of him. Shut up, Rosie- Rosekit. Watch? Oh, I’m watching!

Rosekit’s eyes followed the warrior carefully as he fell into a crouch, carefully and strategically. The warrior’s head was dipped low to the ground, and his tail was barely hovering above the earth beneath it. Spottedfire looked like the perfect hunter like this- crouched and calculated. Rosekit made sure to note how low the tom-cat was to the ground, parallel to the dirt of the ThunderClan clearing floor, silent. Rosekit held his focus, intrigued and excited, as he watched Spottedfire’s heterochromatic eyes grow in size, stepping perfectly and cautiously. Rosekit thought it was amazing how well the warrior was doing even with his memory struggles- this must have been how he passed his warrior assessment. Pure Hunter’s-Instinct. The suddenly, the warrior stopped moving. Rosekit finally blinked, just in time for Spottedfire to turn to him, blinking a blink of his own. Rosekit’s jaw fell slightly at the sight- even looking away from the target, Spottedfire’s eyes were still transformed; He still had the gaze of a hunter. A real hunter.

Rosekit’s ears pricked when Spottedfire spoke to him. The calico instructed him to repeat what he had just done, aim to sneak up and catch the prey. As Spottedfire summarized his previous movements, Rosekit’s heart began to beat faster and faster with excitement and anticipation. He was doing this. For real. With a real bird. Could things get any better? Stay low to the ground, don’t let the tail rake across the ground, careful with the paws… and then another comment. Paws themselves knowing more than the cat themself- there was a word for that. Instinct.

The tabby kit felt Spottedfire’s gentle nudge, and gathered up every last bit of effort left on his body. He turned his head around to face Spottedfire for just a moment, eyes shining and smile wider than it ever was. He had no idea where it had came from, but there was a thunderous urge in him to do something, say a certain something. But he couldn’t break the silence, scare the prey. So leaving the quiet to hang in the air, he mouthed the words to Spottedfire. Th- Thank… you! THANK YOU! It might have been the very first time the words actually left his mouth. At least, ignoring all of the sarcasm he’d abused in the past.

Rolling 1-20, let’s see. This’ll be interesting.
Aaand, 19. Oh boy.
Now because that’s a little unrealistic, Y’know, for a tiny child to murder a bird, it can go fly away. But he’ll do a pretty good job with what he can manage before it does.

Rosekit shrank down to the ground, keeping the image of Spottedfire’s battle stance clear in his mind as he moved. Legs haunches and paws angled straight, he almost forgot to get his tail off the ground. He lifted it off the dirt, straightened up and angled himself less awkwardly, until finally, he realized he was crouched properly. He could feel it- the hunter instinct. His smile fell to keep him in character, but his joy stayed- even increased. He widened his eyes, prepared his claws and bared his teeth. He felt like a hunter already- now time to move forward. He started ahead, paw by paw making his way towards the bird. Silent, watchful. The excitement was almost painful. The bird came nearer, nearer, and nearer… and Rosekit braced himself to jump onto it. His claws were unsheathed, his eyes were resting squared on the little feathered creature. Three, two… one… Right then, the bird finished its seed’ly feast, and fluttered back off into the sky. Perfectly timed- Rosekit had already leapt forward.

His heart sank as the bird returned to the sky, wings batting against the wind, and his claws landed on nothing but emptiness and air. Still restless and now fuming, Rosekit broke the silence. “CRAAAAP!!!” He snapped. He shook stray bits and clumps of dirt from his fur and hopped up onto all fours. Then angrily, he glared up at the bird. Rosekit made sure to send it off with one last goodbye, “I HOPE YOU GET DEAD LATER TODAY, BRAT!!!

Then he accepted his defeat. It hadn’t really been his fault- other than the fact that he wasn’t quicker with his moving, he hadn’t really done anything wrong. He was just a little irritated now- it would’ve been pretty awesome if he’d actually managed to catch the creature. So with a heavy sigh, he turned back to Spottedfire. Then as if the warrior hadn’t seen it all, he muttered, “Sparky, it flew off. I got so close, too, man! Dang it,” He took one last look at the bird, watching it soar off and into the coverage of the trees, safe and sound in the forest where the monster that was Rosekit wasn’t allowed to go. His irritation faded. He had tried, and for the most part… succeeded? Only one way to find out!

Without another moment of hesitation, Rosekit whipped around to face Spottedfire, wide and unblinking eyes locked on the warrior. “H-how’d I do? Sparks? Did I look right? Yeah, yeah, it flew away, but not ‘cause’a me! Did I look like a hunter?” The smile came back instantly.

The real question, though, hadn’t been asked yet. Rosekit had saved it for last. “Does it make up for your carrot-memory yet? Who knew you could be such a good mentor with such a lousy brain- no, really, it’s amazing, Sparks!

✽❀✽

@willooowfeather

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~