Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Apprentices'...
by dino.
Last post by Alderheart2763
Today 03:59 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by OBigBrainO
Today 03:48 AM
The Starpoint
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 03:47 AM
Write-a-story
by Mike29
Today 03:44 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Dark
Today 03:30 AM

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE ☆ PRIVATE

AIN'T NO WAY FOR A BOY TO BE
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MOSQUITOKIT . 6 MOONS . HE/HIM . SHADOWCLAN
#summernymego : 'WATCH FIREFLIES'

Mosquitokit's nervous. So, nothing new under the sun. He doesn't know why, either, which also isn't out of the ordinary but it is frustrating. He's getting a little tired of it, honestly. This makes it a little easier to push past the feeling—but only a little. Some deep, deep thought at least brings him to wht must be the cause of today's anxiety:

-He's worried on Wildpaw's behalf, hopeful that her training is off to a good start and nervous that it might not be
-He doesn't want to be a pest, but he doesn't want her to feel ignored either, but he doesn't know where the threshold for 'clingy' behavior is and also, is it uncool to hang out with a kit? He hopes he's not making her look uncool...
-He doesn't know if he should be here.

That last one's really the cause of all this. Right now Mosquitokit's loitering near the apprentice's den, trying hard not to stare at his paws while he waits to see a familiar ginger coat. It's unexpectedly daunting over here. He'd once ventured into the warrior's den as a younger kit, but nothing had really come of that excursion. So it feels different, now, knowing that he's gonna have to go out of his way to make something happen, here. Even if that 'something' is just a check-in with his friend.

Mosquitokit breathes in deep and holds it for a moment. The practice of slowly letting that air out feels nice; controlled. Like a settling of sorts. He does it again, a nice deep breath in and hoooold it—oh no, is he seeing stars?!

Mosquitokit huffs, startled—but, oh. It's uh. It's not that he's seeing things, it's that there's...actually things out here. What is that?

It's small. Not small like a gnat, more like a...a fly, maybe. Small and flashing lazily from its perch in the grass. How does something even do that? Mosquitokit abandons his post, creeping closer to the peculiar little bug. His footfalls are clumsy, though, and it whizzes up into the air before before he can get a better look, flashing and winking playfully as it flees.

Mosquitokit's mouth hangs open as he watches the mystery bug weave up into the early evening air. Firefly! The name clicks all of a sudden; an elder's tale of little flashing Greenleaf flies comes to mind. And here Mosquitokit had been all skeptical...he hadn't thought the things were real, and yet now that he's really looking instead of agonizing over his own silly little worries, he can see so many lights all pulsing and dancing around the edges of camp. It's like the stars have come down to see them.

It's incredible. He's got to make sure Wildpaw's seen this.

@---Bluestar--- ; WILDPAW

gravelly waypoint

Last edited by nyme; Yesterday at 09:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever im avalible
My Mood: Dark
Default Re: LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE ☆ PRIVATE

Wildpaw walks over and sits next to Mosquitokit. "Pretty aren't they?" she mewed watching the fireflies. @nyme
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

"Oh! Oh, Wildpaw, look! Look at 'em, th-th—uh, they're friar-lies—, I mean, fireflies," He points them out as if she hadn't seen them, thrilled by the sight and by the fact that his awkward waiting was being rewarded; she's here! Thank goodness, because Mosquitokit wouldn't have known what to do with himself if his waiting hadn't panned out. Cry to the fireflies, probably.

"I didn't think they were real, y'know, I thought it was jus' elder stories...awh, I gotta apologize for doubtin' 'em now..." he laughs because in spite of it all, he's in high spirits. "Oh! But uh, I didn't—I was actually waitin' for you! Not in a, uhm, in a weird way or nothin' I jus' wanted to ask you stuff."

Truly, nothing new.

"How's the apprentice's den? A-Are the nests comfor'ble? What's Ravenheart like, are they nice? They, uh, they seemed nice...you sleepin' okay? Is, uh, are you—is everythin' good?"

gravelly waypoint
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

"Yeah, the beds are comfy, lonely but comfy." she mewed. @nyme
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

Lonely? He gets a worried look to him. More worried than usual, that is.

"Are you makin' friends? I...prob'ly shoulda made you promise t'make some new ones..." Mosquitokit says the last bit softly, thoughtfully. Truth is, he hadn't thought he'd need to. It just hadn't occurred to him that she wouldn't.

"...i-is, uh. Is everything else okay though? Is—, uh, could I? Help? With anything?" Mosquitokit's got no clue what he could possibly help with but he feels compelled to offer, anyhow.

gravelly waypoint
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM

"yeah i made freinds" she mewed. @nyme
Old Today, 01:21 AM

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

A slow nod at that. Good, good... though maybe not, if she's got those friends and she's still feeling lonely. Mosquitokit can't help but wonder whether that's worse than being lonely without friends.

He's quiet after that, skinny tail twitching idly, warm eyes wandering out into the distance again, finding those little beacons flashing in the dark. He'd love to sit and count them all, the fireflies, but then he'd be ignoring Wildpaw. That'd be mean of him. Mosquitokit reins in his attention with a sharp breath.

"Me, too. About makin' friends. Like I promised. An' I haven' gotten hurt, either. So. So uh. That's good." He immediately regrets bringing that up because, what, is he bragging? It feels like he's bragging. Or, something. It just feels like maybe that wasn't the right thing to say right now. He swallows, backpedaling to a previous topic: "M'sorry y'r nest feels lonely, Wildpaw."

gravelly waypoint