Last post by Fritter
Today 05:17 PM

Old December 5th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
“I’m sure it’s not that hard to block out your thoughts. Just clear your mind, listen to the sounds around you, focus on everything but yourself. If for just a moment, it can bring peace, it’s worth it, I think.” Morningfeather mewled, tilting their head again and blinking their eyes towards them, looking sympathetic. “Camp can be busy with noise and can make it hard to concentrate. But if you try hard enough, I’m sure you could!”
Morningfeather looked around, only hearing the crickets chirping and nothing more than that, no rustling, no fluttering of birds wings, and with that, their ears flattened. “Lionsbeach tomorrow will be a good place to hunt. Just hope that they aren’t already gone,” Morningfeather mumbled. “There’s not going to be as much prey as there should be, soon. Hopefully there won’t be too much of a shortage. Even with it becoming Leafbare soon, there’s always other prey we can manage to catch. Let’s just hope there aren’t any scuffles with the other clans about borders and prey,” they licked their chest fur down, before doing the same on their back, their fur finally drying off.
“Grooming a pelt like that, with mud… that sounds like a hassle,” Morningfeather paused, looking at their own fur. “It does beat becoming one of those kittypets, though. I couldn’t imagine anyone wanting to become one. Those dry little rocks that I’ve heard of them eating, and going to what I’ve heard some cats call ‘the cutter....’” they shivered, scrunching up their nose. “I don’t know why kittypets tolerate it.”
“Yeah, I suppose you’re right,” Snowleap murmured, stretching open his jaws to release a giant yawn, “I just need to stop getting so easily distracted and focus on certain things more. I guess I just get really tired of dealing with stuff sometimes.” The tall warrior looked saddened for a moment, a certain longing behind his icy-blue eyes that lasted a second or two before he shook his head. “Nevermind that though.” He hated looking weak in front of cats, especially ones who he wasn’t very close to. He sat there in silence for a moment, listening to the insects in the grass with Morningfeather as he rested his tired eyes. “Indeed,” Snowleap said, not opening his eyes, “There will be a few stranglers at most, but I’m willing to take my chances to keep myself occupied for the day.” His ears twitched as he listened to his clanmate talk about the tensions between the clans, making him sigh. “I hope not either, there is enough mindless violence going on these moons. We need not anymore.” He thought about his friend Lynxfall in Shadowclan for only a moment. The tall warrior’s eyes opened, peering at Morningfeather through the darkness. “Be mindful of Shadowclan and we should be alright,” Snowleap suggested, lifting a paw and licking it after he spoke, drawing it over the mess of fur between his long ears. “It is.” He muttered while hearing the other feline go on about kittypets and their lives. “I heard their dry food tastes like dirt.” The tom mentioned, shrugging, “I suppose they’d rather eat awful food handed to them rather than hunt good food themselves. Less effort or something of that matter.”
Old December 8th, 2021, 01:41 PM
eternally tired

Default Re: Cattail Pond

// @finnzel @Rose Child (Gay Bean)

Sparrowskip

It looked like Ringpaw wasn't going to show, which disappointed Sparrowskip. When he was younger he would never miss a patrol.. well mainly because he'd likely be kicked out of the clan but alSO because he didn't want to disappoint his clanmates. "I guess we'll just have to head off without Ringpaw." Sparrowskip sighed as he made his way to the cattail pond.
The plants were definitely quieter this time around compared to his last visit to the pond with Snakeheart. He had been slowly figuring out that it was completely random when the plants would actually talk. Its like the talking was on a cooldown of sorts, and right now it seemed to be in the stage of entering that cooldown, so the plants were quieter. He immediately saw a silver glint in the water and jump in right in time to pin a fish. He unsheathed his claws and threw it to shore. It seemed to still be alive but.. not for long. The water was nice today.. Sparrowskip decided he'd come back later for a swim as he saw another sliver glint and clawed a trout! Wasn't his favorite as cod was a thing but still pretty solid! He then looked over to Fishface to see how they were doing with their catches.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old December 10th, 2021, 12:51 AM
chirps

Leading the young apprentice out towards Cattail Pond - the last place he had spotted some marigold braving the harsh chill of leaf-bare - Kestrelstar slowed his pace as he approached. A quick scent of the air told him that no predators were nearby, so his muscles relaxed a bit. He still carried the sting of his wounds with him, though they were getting better with each passing day. "Alright. Do you know what marigold looks like?" the RiverClan leader asked the apprentice, swinging his yellow gaze over to her. He knew what it looked like, but wanted to see if this apprentice could recall ever seeing it. It wasn't a test, nor some secret intention behind it; just a simple curiosity as Kestrelstar padded over to stand near the edge of the pond, peering out over it.

// @NinjaBloss
Old December 10th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Shimmerpaw followed along quietly behind the leader, recognizing the route to Cattail Pond. When Kestrelstar asked if she recognized margiold the apprentice had a momentary flash of panic before she realized he most likely wasn't testing her. After all, why would a cat who wasn't Snakeheart's apprentice know what herbs looked like?

"Oh u-um no. I've never been on an herb patrol before," Shimmerpaw said quietly, glancing away from him. She knew she had no reason to be so nervous, but Kestrelstar was her leader for StarClan's sake, and the strongest cat in the Clan! The young molly really didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him, especially when she was close to becoming a warrior.

@spade
Old December 10th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
“Yeah, I suppose you’re right,” Snowleap murmured, stretching open his jaws to release a giant yawn, “I just need to stop getting so easily distracted and focus on certain things more. I guess I just get really tired of dealing with stuff sometimes.” The tall warrior looked saddened for a moment, a certain longing behind his icy-blue eyes that lasted a second or two before he shook his head. “Nevermind that though.” He hated looking weak in front of cats, especially ones who he wasn’t very close to. He sat there in silence for a moment, listening to the insects in the grass with Morningfeather as he rested his tired eyes. “Indeed,” Snowleap said, not opening his eyes, “There will be a few stranglers at most, but I’m willing to take my chances to keep myself occupied for the day.” His ears twitched as he listened to his clanmate talk about the tensions between the clans, making him sigh. “I hope not either, there is enough mindless violence going on these moons. We need not anymore.” He thought about his friend Lynxfall in Shadowclan for only a moment. The tall warrior’s eyes opened, peering at Morningfeather through the darkness. “Be mindful of Shadowclan and we should be alright,” Snowleap suggested, lifting a paw and licking it after he spoke, drawing it over the mess of fur between his long ears. “It is.” He muttered while hearing the other feline go on about kittypets and their lives. “I heard their dry food tastes like dirt.” The tom mentioned, shrugging, “I suppose they’d rather eat awful food handed to them rather than hunt good food themselves. Less effort or something of that matter.”

Morningfeather breathed in the cool air, before letting out a long, stretched out huff, looking up at the stars. “ShadowClan… ShadowClan, ShadowClan,” Morningfeather mumbled repeatedly. “It’s a shame that they have to be watched over more… more-so than the other clans,” they said with a low, annoyed hiss, thinking about the recent problems and conflict between the clans. “I hope they won’t steal our prey, or cause more problems…” Morningfeather scrunched up their nose. They glanced from the lake, to Snowleap, blinking and resting their face again.
“Perhaps it would be best if you didn’t go alone. I know nothing will probably happen, especially if you don’t get too close to the borders, but… There’s more safety if there’s more than one warrior going hunting, don’t you think?” Morningfeather mewed, tilting their silver-blue and grey head, short ears flopping over to the side as they did that. Truthfully, they just wanted to get closer to another clan cat, not wanting to stay as things were; another warrior in a large clan, barely noticed.
“Kittypets are so lazy…” they huffed, scrunching up their nose again as they listened to what the tom was saying. “I can’t understand them. Being lazy and eating what tastes like dirt, instead of hunting to get something worthwhile? Disgusting!”
Old December 11th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
Morningfeather breathed in the cool air, before letting out a long, stretched out huff, looking up at the stars. “ShadowClan… ShadowClan, ShadowClan,” Morningfeather mumbled repeatedly. “It’s a shame that they have to be watched over more… more-so than the other clans,” they said with a low, annoyed hiss, thinking about the recent problems and conflict between the clans. “I hope they won’t steal our prey, or cause more problems…” Morningfeather scrunched up their nose. They glanced from the lake, to Snowleap, blinking and resting their face again.
“Perhaps it would be best if you didn’t go alone. I know nothing will probably happen, especially if you don’t get too close to the borders, but… There’s more safety if there’s more than one warrior going hunting, don’t you think?” Morningfeather mewed, tilting their silver-blue and grey head, short ears flopping over to the side as they did that. Truthfully, they just wanted to get closer to another clan cat, not wanting to stay as things were; another warrior in a large clan, barely noticed.
“Kittypets are so lazy…” they huffed, scrunching up their nose again as they listened to what the tom was saying. “I can’t understand them. Being lazy and eating what tastes like dirt, instead of hunting to get something worthwhile? Disgusting!”
“I hope not either,” Snowleap agreed, giving a tired sigh, “We cannot afford to lose any prey this close to the cold moons.” The thought of Shadowclan, or any other clan for that matter, stealing their food, did not sit well with him. He, and many other Riverclan cats, worked harder than ever these days to prepare for Leafbare. They did not have the time nor the opportunities to mess that up. He lifted his head, closing his eyes, feeling the cold air ruffle through his fur as he thought for a moment.
“I most likely won’t,” The Riverclan tomcat replied, opening his eyes as he indulged in their conversation once more, “You’re right, especially with how things are right now. We can’t afford any reckless actions. Speaking of which, what do you have planned for tomorrow?” He asked, raising a curious eyebrow at them. Snowleap knew he wasn’t the best when it came to conversation, but he liked Morningfeather (/p) so far and hoped they didn’t mind his company. As they sat here together, Snowleap began to grow cold, making him shudder again. Maybe they should both head back to camp soon…
The Riverclan tomcat chuckled slightly at his clanmate’s words. “You really don’t like kittypets, huh?” He said, poking fun in a lighthearted manner, “You know, my father was a kittypet. Wore one of them noisy collars around his neck.” Snowleap didn’t often talk about his life before Riverclan (he didn’t really like to, usually). “I could never imagine living my life how he did…”
Old December 12th, 2021, 08:40 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@:Grimm: //

➸ fishface - he/him

padding a little ways behind sparrowskip, the tom stood there for a few moments, watching the other warrior catch fish from the pond. his tail flickered before he skipped on over to the other side of the pond, where it was beginning to ice over on the edges. he stepped to the side, not wanting to have to deal with the ice possibly cracking if he put any weight on it.

fishface watched the water intently, leaning down so his face was almost touching it. he was trying to be one with the fish - if he was one with the fish, he'd be able to hunt them a lot easier, right? he waited, paw raised up. if he was a fish, he'd be swimming on the left, because left is always right. with that in mind, he looked to his left and saw a glimpse of silver and swooped it up, dropping the fish on the ground behind him.

he shifted and waited again. it seemed like more fish were on sparrowskips side, he assumed when he glanced up just to see the cat catching another fish. he looked back to the water and just decided to shove his paw in and scoop up anything he could. oh! a minnow and..water!

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old December 13th, 2021, 09:36 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

@Clock Dragonshifter
*(Ravenclaw)*
Ravenclaw lets out a sigh and looks around. They sit by themself, paws by the water as they claw for a fish.
A familiar scent sends their heart racing as they turn around, looking at a cat they immediately recognize as Vinewatcher.
"Hello, Vinewatcher." Ravenclaw says as they move toward the she-cat.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old December 13th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Kade Clock / Plant-Lover

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomtamer View Post
@Clock Dragonshifter
*(Ravenclaw)*
Ravenclaw lets out a sigh and looks around. They sit by themself, paws by the water as they claw for a fish.
A familiar scent sends their heart racing as they turn around, looking at a cat they immediately recognize as Vinewatcher.
"Hello, Vinewatcher." Ravenclaw says as they move toward the she-cat.
Vinewatcher was looking down at her paws but hearing her name she looked up seeing Ravenclaw. "Oh, Hi" the silver tabby she-cat mewed quietly looking at Ravenclaw a small smile playing on her face.

Last edited by Clock Dragonshifter; December 13th, 2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old December 13th, 2021, 09:41 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock Dragonshifter View Post
Vinewatcher was looking down at her paws but hearing her name she looked up seeing Ravenclaw. "Oh, Hi" She mewed quietly looking at Ravenclaw a small smile playing on her face.
Ravenclaw lets out a low purr at the sight of her. "I am glad to see you, Vinewatcher." They say, dipping their head toward her. Their blue-grey pelt shines bright.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader