Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Badger’s Den
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 05:41 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:40 AM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 05:38 AM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 05:26 AM
Honeykit's 2nd family...
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 05:25 AM

Old April 26th, 2024, 04:00 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: foggy dreams and bone deep guilt [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Assumed? How could she possibly assume anything! Minkpaw knew she was practically living under a rock, taken prisoner by her own growing nausea. That was enough to keep Marigoldkit's fur bristled.

She listened as Minkpaw took that time to explain, and during that lecture--- a lecture that was bittersweet and nostalgic ----her anger finally faded to a manageable amount. A medicine cat? They hadn't had one already? Huh... Okay so the order was Tansypaw then Mistyshard. She took notice of Minkpaw's growing sadness and she laid a careful paw on their shoulder. She still couldn't bring herself to say much else as she was still processing this information. Yet, Minkpaw deserved comfort even if it wasn't audible.

Dang it... More names? Marigoldkit was sure that she'd be waking up with a splitting headache from all this information. Okay okay... So Mossfreckle was Shadowclan's medicine cat... Also apparently Fadingsun was the new leader. Marigoldkit saw sure what to think about that especially since she quite recently just got introduced to another leader. Are they supposed to come and go this fast?

As her clanmate--- no no. She wasn't her clanmate anymore. Infact, she wasn't sure what Minkpaw was now ---further explained herself Marigoldkit began fighting back tears all over again. Hearing her thought process alone was stressing her out, she couldn't imagine having to decide what she had to.

"You're not self centered," Marigoldkit piped up with an edge lacing her voice. "You thought about what I might think before inviting me to come with you..."

What she said next make her rush to her trembling paws, her hazel milky eyes finally meeting her gaze after what felt like moons. She'd only looked at Minkpaw's twice. Once to figure out their color, twice to see what kind of nasty scar had formed on it. This time she was merely doing it to get her point across, her own heart weighing her down like a boulder of shame.

"No!" She screeched as she stood to her toes. "No... Please please visit me. I'm sorry if I sounded angry before, I'm sorry if it seems like I'd never wanna see you again, but that's wrong. I don't hate you Minkpaw... I said I'd be there for you, right? Plus, you're my best friend, why would I give that up?"

(WHAT GHE HECK!!! THATD BE SO DARN COOL! I'm very open to that idea)

->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | outsider | 13moons ]
a dark blueish grey and white she cat with silver eyes
minkpaw exhaled shakily, the relief of marigoldkits less than negative reaction washing over her and taking some of the exhaustion away.
"you dont have to apologize for sounding angry or being angry, you have every right to hate me quite frankly. but im very glad i'll get to visit you" she shuffled, tail unwrapping from where it had rested around her paws to invite marigoldkit closer. the fog wasnt nearly as biting
and intrusive anymore but the cold remained and even if this had no way of affecting marigoldkits physical body mink didnt want he to freeze anyway.
her invitation, however small, sparked the memory of blazingstar, moons ago, letting minkpaw press close and provide the comfort no one else had offered. she was grateful. she had been grateful and excited when it first happened, yes, but after moons on her own she was able to really truly value the clarity and comfort he had offered her. and she wanted to do the same.

"i'll try to do my best for you, and maybe you'll let me show you a thing or two"
she half-mumbled the latter part of the sentence, mentally somewhere between needing marigold to hear her words and praying she wouldnt.

( marigoldkit is gonna show up to her first apprentice training and just know everything out of nowhere hhdfsjdg )

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; April 26th, 2024 at 04:00 PM.
Old April 26th, 2024, 06:39 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

->> minkpaw <<-
minkpaw exhaled shakily, the relief of marigoldkits less than negative reaction washing over her and taking some of the exhaustion away.
"you dont have to apologize for sounding angry or being angry, you have every right to hate me quite frankly. but im very glad i'll get to visit you" she shuffled, tail unwrapping from where it had rested around her paws to invite marigoldkit closer. the fog wasnt nearly as biting
and intrusive anymore but the cold remained and even if this had no way of affecting marigoldkits physical body mink didnt want he to freeze anyway.
her invitation, however small, sparked the memory of blazingstar, moons ago, letting minkpaw press close and provide the comfort no one else had offered. she was grateful. she had been grateful and excited when it first happened, yes, but after moons on her own she was able to really truly value the clarity and comfort he had offered her. and she wanted to do the same.

"i'll try to do my best for you, and maybe you'll let me show you a thing or two"
she half-mumbled the latter part of the sentence, mentally somewhere between needing marigold to hear her words and praying she wouldnt.

( marigoldkit is gonna show up to her first apprentice training and just know everything out of nowhere hhdfsjdg )

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit smiled and shuffled closer to her companion. Despite how calm she was in the moment and how much she really really didn't wanna say goodbye to Minkpaw this place was getting creepier and creepier. It hadn't gotten any warmer which was honestly a real shame. Maybe if it was more pleasant she'd be able to talk and talk and talk and talk and question and learn and know.

Unfortunately for her and this uninviting place that wasn't about to happen.

"I know," Marigoldkit replied. Though, she really didn't know. In times like this it felt like she knew next to nothing. Plus, Marigoldkit couldn't really be mad for that long. Why be mad I'm the first place if it'll only make Minkpaw cry more? She didn't want that, she didn't want to see their face twisted up into an unrecognizable figure of mourning and wet goopy tears.

It looked like Minkpaw had cried enough anyways, guessing by her slumped posture and bagged eyes.

"You'll teach me something?" She echoed, her head tilting slightly to the left. "Well, I wouldn't mind an informative history lesson. Believe it or not I think those are fun!" Marigoldkit was eager to change this dreary subject. Time for something uplifting!... Hopefully. "Whatever you teach me I'm sure I'll learn lots."

(HAHAHAHAAH YES! She's gonna be freaking awesome!}

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old April 27th, 2024, 08:01 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit smiled and shuffled closer to her companion. Despite how calm she was in the moment and how much she really really didn't wanna say goodbye to Minkpaw this place was getting creepier and creepier. It hadn't gotten any warmer which was honestly a real shame. Maybe if it was more pleasant she'd be able to talk and talk and talk and talk and question and learn and know.

Unfortunately for her and this uninviting place that wasn't about to happen.

"I know," Marigoldkit replied. Though, she really didn't know. In times like this it felt like she knew next to nothing. Plus, Marigoldkit couldn't really be mad for that long. Why be mad I'm the first place if it'll only make Minkpaw cry more? She didn't want that, she didn't want to see their face twisted up into an unrecognizable figure of mourning and wet goopy tears.

It looked like Minkpaw had cried enough anyways, guessing by her slumped posture and bagged eyes.

"You'll teach me something?" She echoed, her head tilting slightly to the left. "Well, I wouldn't mind an informative history lesson. Believe it or not I think those are fun!" Marigoldkit was eager to change this dreary subject. Time for something uplifting!... Hopefully. "Whatever you teach me I'm sure I'll learn lots."

->> minkpaw <<-
"i dont think i can really give you a history lesson..you know, we're not that different. when i came to riverclan i was really sick, i didnt really leave the medicine den for a while and had only barely moved into the nursery when i got apprenticed. so i did some of my training and got to know some cats but then i fell ill again n thats pretty much how i spent a few moons, just constantly pawsteps between illness and trying to function. that was from around..hm the end of leaf fall until the end of leafbare, i just started really training again like three or four moons ago." that was a lot, more than she had ever told any other cat, it had never come up in conversation and they couldve seen it happen after all so it never really came to mind to speak about her earliest moons in riverclan..but now she had told a kit that had probably not even been born at the time minkpaw fell ill originally.
"i was uh an outsider i suppose, so i guess im not really that far from my origin now" she let out a dry chuckle, it wasnt funny.
"but i'll definitely try my best to teach you everything i can. n i might not be a warrior yet but i have finished most of my training" something else she desperately ached to teach marigoldkit was basic first aid and all the stuff she shouldnt put in her mouth, now that her herb event wasnt happening anymore she had no reason to postpone that lesson anyway.

(edit: do not ask me how i accidentally managed to quote you twice but it happened i guess. edit2: okay i fixed it lmao)

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; April 27th, 2024 at 08:02 AM.
Old April 27th, 2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:

->> minkpaw <<-
"i dont think i can really give you a history lesson..you know, we're not that different. when i came to riverclan i was really sick, i didnt really leave the medicine den for a while and had only barely moved into the nursery when i got apprenticed. so i did some of my training and got to know some cats but then i fell ill again n thats pretty much how i spent a few moons, just constantly pawsteps between illness and trying to function. that was from around..hm the end of leaf fall until the end of leafbare, i just started really training again like three or four moons ago." that was a lot, more than she had ever told any other cat, it had never come up in conversation and they couldve seen it happen after all so it never really came to mind to speak about her earliest moons in riverclan..but now she had told a kit that had probably not even been born at the time minkpaw fell ill originally.
"i was uh an outsider i suppose, so i guess im not really that far from my origin now" she let out a dry chuckle, it wasnt funny.
"but i'll definitely try my best to teach you everything i can. n i might not be a warrior yet but i have finished most of my training" something else she desperately ached to teach marigoldkit was basic first aid and all the stuff she shouldnt put in her mouth, now that her herb event wasnt happening anymore she had no reason to postpone that lesson anyway.

(edit: do not ask me how i accidentally managed to quote you twice but it happened i guess. edit2: okay i fixed it lmao)

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit knitted her eyebrows together. Minkpaw? All stringy and sick and useless? She couldn't picture it in her head, not at all. Minkpaw's strides or words had always been edged with a weight of confidence to Marigoldkit, like Minkpaw knew what she was doing and where she was going... How? How could she have been just as sick as her at one point?

She did know that Minkpaw had been an outsider before, she mentioned that in the nursery one evening. That's when she found out about the Thunderclan raid and all that jazz. Despite the dark undertones of the memory she couldn't help but smile at the thought. It was nostalgic, what would you expect?

"Haha! I bet I'll be the swiftest cat this clan'll ever see! I wouldn't mind learning a thing or two more. Thanks for telling me more about yourself though, it's weirdly comforting to know that I'm not alone in my experiences." Marigoldkit nodded slowly to herself. "I feel sorry for you... I'm glad you got better."

Marigoldkit would one day be just as capable as Minkpaw maybe even just as driven. Marigoldkit couldn't stand sitting still, she wanted to get up and go go go! But, she couldn't. Not yet. Not yet. One day though, one day she'd be running through fields and dodging streams and rivers like they're lakes of fire. Even though she'd have to learn to swim eventually, she wasn't about to dive headfirst into stuff like that. Water scared her silly and she wasn't about to tempt death twice.

My Art Shop!
Old April 27th, 2024, 02:09 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit knitted her eyebrows together. Minkpaw? All stringy and sick and useless? She couldn't picture it in her head, not at all. Minkpaw's strides or words had always been edged with a weight of confidence to Marigoldkit, like Minkpaw knew what she was doing and where she was going... How? How could she have been just as sick as her at one point?

She did know that Minkpaw had been an outsider before, she mentioned that in the nursery one evening. That's when she found out about the Thunderclan raid and all that jazz. Despite the dark undertones of the memory she couldn't help but smile at the thought. It was nostalgic, what would you expect?

"Haha! I bet I'll be the swiftest cat this clan'll ever see! I wouldn't mind learning a thing or two more. Thanks for telling me more about yourself though, it's weirdly comforting to know that I'm not alone in my experiences." Marigoldkit nodded slowly to herself. "I feel sorry for you... I'm glad you got better."

Marigoldkit would one day be just as capable as Minkpaw maybe even just as driven. Marigoldkit couldn't stand sitting still, she wanted to get up and go go go! But, she couldn't. Not yet. Not yet. One day though, one day she'd be running through fields and dodging streams and rivers like they're lakes of fire. Even though she'd have to learn to swim eventually, she wasn't about to dive headfirst into stuff like that. Water scared her silly and she wasn't about to tempt death twice.

->> minkpaw <<-
minkpaw shook her head, "dont worry about it" her sickness was long in the past, almost like a completely different life and marigoldkit shouldnt feel bad about what past-minkpaw struggled with.
"i'd like to wait a bit until i teach you more physical stuff, i dont know how much this space is affected and affects your body but you are in no rush anyway. for now i want to show you something important you'll probably need sooner than i'd like" minkpaws thoughts wandered briefly, to a older marigoldkit, training to become a warrior and embodying everything minkpaw herself shouldve been. nothing of that was a bad thing, surprisingly she was glad to be able to imagine such a bright future for marigoldkit, the perfect warrior, kind and smart. even if she herself couldnt be any of that and her mother was possibly cursing her to the darkforest and back she couldnt help the spark of pride in her chest.
striped tail flicked next to them, making the fog curl and swipe over the empty patch of grass by their paws, before pulling back and revealing a small selection of herbs.
moss and cobwebs for very basic first aid, meadow saffron, deathberries and deadly nightshade as a warning. the starry replicas had appeared a bit apart, leaving a gap between the moss and cobwebs and the toxic plants but minkpaw reached out a white tipped paw to push away the toxic herbs one by one, their focus would be on first aid for now anyway.
she reached out again to drag the moss a bit closer, the cobwebs carefully wrapped around a stick was driven into the ground and would remain unmoved. minkpaw briefly wondered what part in her had encouraged the fog around her to make the moss and toxic herbs appear on large, flat dock leaves but it made it easier to move the plants around and not lose berries in the grass so she wouldnt complain.
"when you get older you or your classmates are going to get hurt, and if that ever happens a long way from camp its important you know what to do." she began, some of the tension easing from her at the comfort of returning to something comforting, herbal knowledge. and somewhat surprising, to minkpaw at least, there was no nagging feeling, cold shiver in her neck or voice yelling at her to stop and protect her knowledge with her live. no restraints or second thoughts about this choice, for once her deeply egoistic heart had been filled with so much love and adoration it couldnt even protest this vulnerable choice.
"moss and cobwebs are all you need to know for now. there is better wound care but we'll get to that some other time. moss grows pretty much everywhere, it likes roots and fallen trees, moist rocks, all that stuff, and cobwebs are pretty much everywhere possible, theyre usually spread out like this" she explained, scratching the rough shape of a in-tact cobweb into the dirt, there was possibly a way to make one appear here too but she hadnt figured that part out yet, the whole 'appearing things' had been enough of a scare to see for the first time and a huge effort to get to work herself.
"when your clanmate, wait scratch that, when you see a vulnerable injured cat, you have to first locate the wound, that can be quite hard if its in an odd spot or there is a lot blood but when you've done that you press the moss to the wound to soak up the blood and stop blood flow. if you dont have moss, skip that step, its important to work with whatever you have and not stress about using specific herbs." minkpaw supressed a grimace at the memory of fadingsun scolding her for trying to help a injured kit, every cat deserved help. every kit deserved the chance at live.
"cobwebs are really sticky so you have to be careful to not pick up a lot of dirt. moss normally helps clean the wound a bit but if there is a lot of dirt you might have to try and wipe it away. after that, you stretch the cobwebs over the wound and the surrounding fur, that'll 'seal' the wound and keep it safe. if this happened in the territory you try to get your clanmate back to camp as fast as possible so a medicine cat can look at it again." she continued the explanation, meanwhile taking a hold of the cobwebs and stretching some out between her paws before placing it around her tail to not only tell but also show.
"i hope that made sense" she had gotten a bit lost in her words and memory, thoughts of what couldve been and the imaginary situation in which she had been chosen, and was explaining this in riverclan medicine den rather than the shabby meadows of her mind, engulfed by fog and clanless.

(oups i kinda escalated with the explanation )

━━━━━━━━
Old April 27th, 2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:

->> minkpaw <<-
minkpaw shook her head, "dont worry about it" her sickness was long in the past, almost like a completely different life and marigoldkit shouldnt feel bad about what past-minkpaw struggled with.
"i'd like to wait a bit until i teach you more physical stuff, i dont know how much this space is affected and affects your body but you are in no rush anyway. for now i want to show you something important you'll probably need sooner than i'd like" minkpaws thoughts wandered briefly, to a older marigoldkit, training to become a warrior and embodying everything minkpaw herself shouldve been. nothing of that was a bad thing, surprisingly she was glad to be able to imagine such a bright future for marigoldkit, the perfect warrior, kind and smart. even if she herself couldnt be any of that and her mother was possibly cursing her to the darkforest and back she couldnt help the spark of pride in her chest.
striped tail flicked next to them, making the fog curl and swipe over the empty patch of grass by their paws, before pulling back and revealing a small selection of herbs.
moss and cobwebs for very basic first aid, meadow saffron, deathberries and deadly nightshade as a warning. the starry replicas had appeared a bit apart, leaving a gap between the moss and cobwebs and the toxic plants but minkpaw reached out a white tipped paw to push away the toxic herbs one by one, their focus would be on first aid for now anyway.
she reached out again to drag the moss a bit closer, the cobwebs carefully wrapped around a stick was driven into the ground and would remain unmoved. minkpaw briefly wondered what part in her had encouraged the fog around her to make the moss and toxic herbs appear on large, flat dock leaves but it made it easier to move the plants around and not lose berries in the grass so she wouldnt complain.
"when you get older you or your classmates are going to get hurt, and if that ever happens a long way from camp its important you know what to do." she began, some of the tension easing from her at the comfort of returning to something comforting, herbal knowledge. and somewhat surprising, to minkpaw at least, there was no nagging feeling, cold shiver in her neck or voice yelling at her to stop and protect her knowledge with her live. no restraints or second thoughts about this choice, for once her deeply egoistic heart had been filled with so much love and adoration it couldnt even protest this vulnerable choice.
"moss and cobwebs are all you need to know for now. there is better wound care but we'll get to that some other time. moss grows pretty much everywhere, it likes roots and fallen trees, moist rocks, all that stuff, and cobwebs are pretty much everywhere possible, theyre usually spread out like this" she explained, scratching the rough shape of a in-tact cobweb into the dirt, there was possibly a way to make one appear here too but she hadnt figured that part out yet, the whole 'appearing things' had been enough of a scare to see for the first time and a huge effort to get to work herself.
"when your clanmate, wait scratch that, when you see a vulnerable injured cat, you have to first locate the wound, that can be quite hard if its in an odd spot or there is a lot blood but when you've done that you press the moss to the wound to soak up the blood and stop blood flow. if you dont have moss, skip that step, its important to work with whatever you have and not stress about using specific herbs." minkpaw supressed a grimace at the memory of fadingsun scolding her for trying to help a injured kit, every cat deserved help. every kit deserved the chance at live.
"cobwebs are really sticky so you have to be careful to not pick up a lot of dirt. moss normally helps clean the wound a bit but if there is a lot of dirt you might have to try and wipe it away. after that, you stretch the cobwebs over the wound and the surrounding fur, that'll 'seal' the wound and keep it safe. if this happened in the territory you try to get your clanmate back to camp as fast as possible so a medicine cat can look at it again." she continued the explanation, meanwhile taking a hold of the cobwebs and stretching some out between her paws before placing it around her tail to not only tell but also show.
"i hope that made sense" she had gotten a bit lost in her words and memory, thoughts of what couldve been and the imaginary situation in which she had been chosen, and was explaining this in riverclan medicine den rather than the shabby meadows of her mind, engulfed by fog and clanless.

(oups i kinda escalated with the explanation )

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Seeing things appear out of thin air the second time was just as mesmerizing. Objects and odd smelling plants suddenly materialized in front of Minkpaw, like freaking magic!

This was exciting, wasn't it? They had finally got through all of the hard stuff all the tears and finally it can just be them being pals. Just them goofing around and learning news things. Marigoldkit made a strong effort to listen to every mew that came out of Minkpaw's mouth. She didn't have to repeat anything to herself, she was just that good at retaining information! Her eyes stood fixed on the herbs next to Minkpaw's flicking tail, her hazle eyes squinting as she looked through the thick cold fog.

Cobwebs... Yup she already hated those. Well, not the cobweb itself, it was more like what was in them that freaked her out. When she was an outsider she had once mistook a spider for something else. Long story short, Marigoldkit was far more than terrified after seeing the furry creature. Just thinking about those...things... Made chills run up and down her spine like a colony of fire ants.

Wide eyes looked down at the curled moss. She knew about those but she was surprised that they were used for something other than bedding. Regardless, she was grateful that both these herbs were widely available. Since their was a medicine cat now, a fact she was still trying to get used to, she'd probably only have to use these herbs in dire situations or if she ever happened to be alone. It was still very valuable information. She smiled excitedly, her whole body bobbing up and down in a rhythmic bounce, almost like an odd spasm.

"It did," Marigoldkit reassured through white smiling teeth. "It made plenty sense. I had no idea you knew all of this, Minkpaw! You've been holding out on me!" She teased.

It felt good to know something that couldn't suddenly change within the span of a wingbeat. Plants and earth and water were all set in stone, just like herbal knowledge. She wouldn't have to worry about her whole world rolling upside down if she kept facts as her rock.

Marigoldkit was excited to test this knowledge as well. Even though she knew that it would be a while before she could ever physically help anycat she was still going to make sure to perhaps stay near the medicine den and try to figure out what injured cats might need and how she could help in her head, like solving a difficult puzzle.

She was positive that Misty.... Barb? Mistybarb? No, no wait... shard. Mistyshard probably had it all covered. Still! It would be fun!

(Hahaha! Don't worry, it's perfect)

My Art Shop!
Old April 28th, 2024, 04:55 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Seeing things appear out of thin air the second time was just as mesmerizing. Objects and odd smelling plants suddenly materialized in front of Minkpaw, like freaking magic!

This was exciting, wasn't it? They had finally got through all of the hard stuff all the tears and finally it can just be them being pals. Just them goofing around and learning news things. Marigoldkit made a strong effort to listen to every mew that came out of Minkpaw's mouth. She didn't have to repeat anything to herself, she was just that good at retaining information! Her eyes stood fixed on the herbs next to Minkpaw's flicking tail, her hazle eyes squinting as she looked through the thick cold fog.

Cobwebs... Yup she already hated those. Well, not the cobweb itself, it was more like what was in them that freaked her out. When she was an outsider she had once mistook a spider for something else. Long story short, Marigoldkit was far more than terrified after seeing the furry creature. Just thinking about those...things... Made chills run up and down her spine like a colony of fire ants.

Wide eyes looked down at the curled moss. She knew about those but she was surprised that they were used for something other than bedding. Regardless, she was grateful that both these herbs were widely available. Since their was a medicine cat now, a fact she was still trying to get used to, she'd probably only have to use these herbs in dire situations or if she ever happened to be alone. It was still very valuable information. She smiled excitedly, her whole body bobbing up and down in a rhythmic bounce, almost like an odd spasm.

"It did," Marigoldkit reassured through white smiling teeth. "It made plenty sense. I had no idea you knew all of this, Minkpaw! You've been holding out on me!" She teased.

It felt good to know something that couldn't suddenly change within the span of a wingbeat. Plants and earth and water were all set in stone, just like herbal knowledge. She wouldn't have to worry about her whole world rolling upside down if she kept facts as her rock.

Marigoldkit was excited to test this knowledge as well. Even though she knew that it would be a while before she could ever physically help anycat she was still going to make sure to perhaps stay near the medicine den and try to figure out what injured cats might need and how she could help in her head, like solving a difficult puzzle.

She was positive that Misty.... Barb? Mistybarb? No, no wait... shard. Mistyshard probably had it all covered. Still! It would be fun!

(Hahaha! Don't worry, it's perfect)

->> minkpaw <<-

the pleased, easy smile playing on minkpaws lips turned bittersweet at the mention of knowing "all this", and she huffed a hollow chuckle, voice taking on a hard edge without her intending "yeah i kind of spent every waking moment the past 4 moons trying to be what i am not, i guess. thats why i know 'all that'" she was bitter. plain and simple. her emotional response to not being chosen had quickly changed from sadness and denial to anger. anger at herself for not being enough, anger at fadingsun and birdsnow for being fools, anger at mistyshard for not knowing her darn place. anger she felt was hard to control so she attempted her best to ground herself in the moment again, think about marigoldkits enthusiasm and the shine in her hazel eyes. no. every thoughts of herbs just resulted in the same emotion. every thought of teaching herbs was like watching the thunderclanner slice their claws through her face again, take her sight and unable to do anything against it. only this time they werent a single cat and they werent simply taking her sight, it was like they had sunken their claws in her heart and lungs, deflating and draining every little bit of live, and tearing until it became unbearable.
everything she couldve been. everything they had taken.
"anyway,..uhm" her own voice pulled her out of thought again, snapping attention from the spot in the grass she had been staring at back to marigoldkit and the herbs. "next up, this is very important, we're going to look at toxic herbs" white tipped paw reached out again, gently pulling on one of the dock leaves. on top starry deep green dock rested a pawfull of smooth red berries. the berries smooth, round body had a sort of waxy look to them and in the center the rims of red hugged a dark green, almost black looking seed. "these are deathberries. and the thing all three of these plants have in common is that you will never touch them. do not try to squeeze through the bush, do not pick any, do not ever eat one. you will die." minkpaw hoped the sharp edge and serious tone in her voice was enough to make her point stick. hopefully mistyshard would grow a singular braincell and teach the other kits and apprentices too..minkpaw wasnt so sure of that. "they grow on a bush with many green and sometimes yellow-ish thin needle-like leaves. if youre close to one you will smell it. they have a really intense bitter scent." she reached out to the next leaf, briefly stocking in thought, "if you ever get in contact with the berries you should generally be fine, but please wash your paws after." the next was one of the two purple flowers remaining, meadow saffron or 'purple flower', "this is meadow saffron, some cats call it 'purple flower' but it doesnt really matter what you call it. its also highly poisonous.. as you can see, its a light almost lavender colour flower with long petals, a milky white-purple-ish stem and deep orange-yellow stamen. it grows in meadows and generally practically everywhere, dont eat it, dont touch it, just leave it alone."
the last, deadly nightshade, she hadnt been sure what version to show marigoldkit since it looked drastically different without the flower part.
"this is deadly nightshade, it has relatively smooth off-green and sometimes a bit greyish leaves but the most dangerous part are the black berries. " she pointed towards the starry berries resting on top of a equally starry dock leaf, "before the berries form, there is a dark but not very intense, almost dirty looking purple bell shaped flower, yellow stamen. like before, dont eat it, dont touch it et cetera. do you have any questions?"
hopefully it hadnt been too much for the kit, too serious or heavy, or too harsh, but she couldnt bear soften her voice for any of the explanations.

( girlboss gatekeep gaslight urge watch former clanmates die? ) ( that was funnier in my head goddamn )

━━━━━━━━
Old April 28th, 2024, 03:37 PM

Quote:

->> minkpaw <<-

the pleased, easy smile playing on minkpaws lips turned bittersweet at the mention of knowing "all this", and she huffed a hollow chuckle, voice taking on a hard edge without her intending "yeah i kind of spent every waking moment the past 4 moons trying to be what i am not, i guess. thats why i know 'all that'" she was bitter. plain and simple. her emotional response to not being chosen had quickly changed from sadness and denial to anger. anger at herself for not being enough, anger at fadingsun and birdsnow for being fools, anger at mistyshard for not knowing her darn place. anger she felt was hard to control so she attempted her best to ground herself in the moment again, think about marigoldkits enthusiasm and the shine in her hazel eyes. no. every thoughts of herbs just resulted in the same emotion. every thought of teaching herbs was like watching the thunderclanner slice their claws through her face again, take her sight and unable to do anything against it. only this time they werent a single cat and they werent simply taking her sight, it was like they had sunken their claws in her heart and lungs, deflating and draining every little bit of live, and tearing until it became unbearable.
everything she couldve been. everything they had taken.
"anyway,..uhm" her own voice pulled her out of thought again, snapping attention from the spot in the grass she had been staring at back to marigoldkit and the herbs. "next up, this is very important, we're going to look at toxic herbs" white tipped paw reached out again, gently pulling on one of the dock leaves. on top starry deep green dock rested a pawfull of smooth red berries. the berries smooth, round body had a sort of waxy look to them and in the center the rims of red hugged a dark green, almost black looking seed. "these are deathberries. and the thing all three of these plants have in common is that you will never touch them. do not try to squeeze through the bush, do not pick any, do not ever eat one. you will die." minkpaw hoped the sharp edge and serious tone in her voice was enough to make her point stick. hopefully mistyshard would grow a singular braincell and teach the other kits and apprentices too..minkpaw wasnt so sure of that. "they grow on a bush with many green and sometimes yellow-ish thin needle-like leaves. if youre close to one you will smell it. they have a really intense bitter scent." she reached out to the next leaf, briefly stocking in thought, "if you ever get in contact with the berries you should generally be fine, but please wash your paws after." the next was one of the two purple flowers remaining, meadow saffron or 'purple flower', "this is meadow saffron, some cats call it 'purple flower' but it doesnt really matter what you call it. its also highly poisonous.. as you can see, its a light almost lavender colour flower with long petals, a milky white-purple-ish stem and deep orange-yellow stamen. it grows in meadows and generally practically everywhere, dont eat it, dont touch it, just leave it alone."
the last, deadly nightshade, she hadnt been sure what version to show marigoldkit since it looked drastically different without the flower part.
"this is deadly nightshade, it has relatively smooth off-green and sometimes a bit greyish leaves but the most dangerous part are the black berries. " she pointed towards the starry berries resting on top of a equally starry dock leaf, "before the berries form, there is a dark but not very intense, almost dirty looking purple bell shaped flower, yellow stamen. like before, dont eat it, dont touch it et cetera. do you have any questions?"
hopefully it hadnt been too much for the kit, too serious or heavy, or too harsh, but she couldnt bear soften her voice for any of the explanations.

( girlboss gatekeep gaslight urge watch former clanmates die? ) ( that was funnier in my head goddamn )

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit tilted her head at the herbs. The dangerous ones. All of their names were pretty normal except for death berries which made them even more eerie concerning the fact that she'd seen them before deep inside the bushes she once hid in not long after she went missing. She couldn't quite remember why she was hiding, but she still found herself thanking Starclan that she wasn't very hungry then. If she was, then she might've eaten anything. Including those berries.

The memory made her sick to her thin stomach. She was very glad that she could suppress the urge to throw up all over herself and the sparking herbs.

Oh..

So that's why Minkpaw knew so much, that's why she was so deathly bitter. She wanted to be a medicine cat. In fact, she might've gotten the role, she surely knew far more than Marigoldkit (but that was a pretty easy thing for anycat to do), but something else got in her way... What did?

Maybe now she wouldn't ask, guessing by her tone, all this herb stuff brought back some pretty gruesome memories, it was rare she ever heard Minkpaw speak like that. Then again, it was rare to ever see her in her dreams as well. Come to think of it, all of this was extremely weird...

No no it's not weird, Marigoldkit's thoughts countered. It's sweet actually. Really sweet that she even cares about a scarp like me.

Questions? Uh... "Is there a chance that I'll have be all heroic and awesome and save some cat from chocking on one of these? Like 'WAHHH PSHHHH--- OH NO, IVE RANDOMLY STUMBLED ONTO--' eh... 'SOMETHING DANGEROUS!' because if so, then that'd be cool. At least I'd finally be useful for something instead of using up space and bedding in the nursery." She mustered a wide smile and giggles bubbled from her paw like rain pattering on leaves.

(URGE TO WATCH FORMER CLANMATES DIE? MINKPAW DEATH ROW ARK OH MY GOSH!?!?)

My Art Shop!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 09:47 AM
revenge is a fools game

->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | shadowclan | 13moons ]
"its uh. no, no you wont. you wont be all heroic and save a cat from chocking on any of these because its almost always too late. they die. you cant do anything." she started of audibly unsure but sure enough, after collecting herself she herself could hear and feel her tone switch from airy to cool and smooth. she briefly cleared her throat. "you can be all heroic by telling your den mates or however youre with about the dangers. prevent any tragedies from happening."
she was back to her fact oriented way of thought, voice smooth and more normal, less pure cold brutality and the hot anger equally holding her together and threatening to consume her whole, all just barely hiding beneath smooth words. no. she was normal. she sounded normal. she could keep her voice calm and unaffected. she could keep it together, let herself be consumed by love and pride for the small cat by her side rather than give herself the chance to spiral into darker thoughts.

(im gonna have so much fun writing evil arc minkpaw this is amazing)
(i completely lost the plot like halfway through idk what i even wrote + do you have anything else you want them to talk about for now? cuz if not id say we cut it off here n then they can chat again when mink is in shc?)
/ @Marigoldwhisper /

━━━━━━━━
Old May 4th, 2024, 08:37 AM

Quote:
->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | shadowclan | 13moons ]
"its uh. no, no you wont. you wont be all heroic and save a cat from chocking on any of these because its almost always too late. they die. you cant do anything." she started of audibly unsure but sure enough, after collecting herself she herself could hear and feel her tone switch from airy to cool and smooth. she briefly cleared her throat. "you can be all heroic by telling your den mates or however youre with about the dangers. prevent any tragedies from happening."
she was back to her fact oriented way of thought, voice smooth and more normal, less pure cold brutality and the hot anger equally holding her together and threatening to consume her whole, all just barely hiding beneath smooth words. no. she was normal. she sounded normal. she could keep her voice calm and unaffected. she could keep it together, let herself be consumed by love and pride for the small cat by her side rather than give herself the chance to spiral into darker thoughts.

(im gonna have so much fun writing evil arc minkpaw this is amazing)
(i completely lost the plot like halfway through idk what i even wrote + do you have anything else you want them to talk about for now? cuz if not id say we cut it off here n then they can chat again when mink is in shc?)
/ @Marigoldwhisper /

Marigoldkit
She, Her\Kit\6 moons/Riverclan

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit could feel her posture deflating (not like it was very straight in the first place.) Maybe she wouldn't be able to be all hero like, and that's okay. Plus, Minkpaw gave her a pretty nice alternative. Tell other cats. All this weird herb stuff was obviously important to Minkpaw if she wanted everyone to know some basic knowledge. She must really really care about her clan, even if she'll be leaving it as soon as Marigoldkit is dragged out of this dream.

Which made Marigoldkit wonder what would happen after Minkpaw left her. Would she still be asleep? Would she wake up after and see her for herself without cold fog? Would she be able to see Minkpaw face to face without a veil of fog clouding her eyes? A part of her hoped she would wake up and see her, another part hoped she wouldn't. If Minkpaw looked this bad when in a dream, Marigoldkit didn't think she could bare seeing her tired eyes and mournful face just looming over her with the bright spotlight of the moon only deeping her lines of sorrow.

She hated the picture that formed in her mind, hated it enough to stare defiantly at those deathberries, watching as stars buzzed and swirled around them like little snowflakes.

"Awesome," Marigoldkit offered Minkpaw a sad little smile. "It was so nice seeing you! Thank you lots for the advice I'll tell everycat I know, I promise promise." The twined her tail around Minkpaw's. She tried her hardest to commit every fleeting detail to memory. She didn't wanna lose it, not like she lost everything else. "Please, be safe out there, I don't want to miss another visit from you."

Even though Marigoldkit's attempt at humoring the situation had been practically trampled on, she could understand why Minkpaw didn't take her invitation to soften the mood, probably because things like life or death weren't humorous, no matter how hard she tried to get a little murrow of laughter out of this shell of a cat, she knew she couldn't, not until Minkpaw was far far away from the worries that binded her face into a look of bitter sadness.

"If I catch you getting sick like me," Marigoldkit hiccuped on some recently welling tears. "I promise you I'll be sooo mad. Please stay safe. I want to see you again." Goodness, now she was repeating things... Hopefully she hadn't become annoying, that's all Marigoldkit felt like. A bother, a pest, another flea to bite out of their pelt.

(Ooooo interesting! I can't wait to see it!)
(And yeah, we can end it here :3 I'll be popping in the nursery to let Marigoldkit react to jayfrost since I'm pretty late to that post )

My Art Shop!