Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old March 27th, 2024, 11:15 AM
Fire in the Hole!!

Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Default Kestrelpaw training: Battle Lesson 1

user20199_pic48041_1707183721_thumb.png
Sproutfleck

Purrks: None
Tags; @Rose

Sniff.
Sniff, sniff.
Sproutfleck sniffed the air around Firefly Cove, whiskers twitching as he scented the air. Yep, a good place to practice. A good place for the first battle training, too. After this, he decided, he'd go ahead and show her the territory. That'd be good, he'd thought the night before, and he wanted to get acquainted with her and her skills before he led Kestrelpaw gallivanting the territory of predators. But, Firefly Cove was usually safe so he'd decided this would be the perfect first spot for training. "Alright, Kestrelpaw. I've decided on Battle Training here at Firefly Cove before we do your territory tour just so you know how to defend yourself if there happens to be something dangerous out in the territory." he mewed, flicking the tip of his stub-tail in a way that jerked one of his hind legs a bit. Now to find a clearing. Well, in the meantime he could talk to her about the area, get her used to it.

"Often times you'll be doing training here since it's relatively lacking in anything dangerous, and it's quite the spot for prey, if you ask me." he added after finishing his explanation. Then he paused for a moment to get a good look around. It looked pretty good, this little spot. Perfect for basic battle training."Since this is part of the territory, of course, but a landmark as well I want you to get a good look around and a fair sniff of the place. Let me know when you've taken it all in so we can begin." His eyes scanned the flowers to his left, just to be sure there was no prey, then the flowers to his right. Yep, all clear. Well, that was stupid. He had just been hollering, for course there'd be no prey. Well, he thought to himself, might as well say the truth. "Also, I want this to be a place where you know where you're at if you get lost. I know I got lost the first couple bouts. I hope you were paying attention on the walk here."

Character Site [WIP]
Faithfern is the Current Leader of Darkclan. She has an open den policy.
||Signups And Resources||[/COLOR]

Luna is scribbling on this sig | Desert Rain Frog is hunting wendigos outside |Alastor rickrolls here | Raven has snuck into this sig | Fruity bat has stolen my fruit! | Sunnyheart is approaching... SHE BROUGHT BIRDBIRD-- | Rustleaf rants Abt Bristlefrost| Moondapple restocks the cookie safe | leopard.'s cat Moonfoot is lookin' angry | Crimson holds up two gay cats and lion king music plays |
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:04 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Kestrelpaw training: Battle Lesson 1

Kestrelpaw
She/Her | 5/100 | [ #flocklitterkestrel ]

Overly loud paws crashed after Sproutfleck as her mentor led her through uncharted lands. And then... Aha! Lo and behold, their destination! Kestrelpaw would defeat whatever vile creatures (obviously they looked eerily similar to Shrikepaw) lived in this forest's depths and save everyone from ultimate doom! Speaking of vile creatures... aha, a tail! Kestrelpaw's mortal enemy!

Dropping into the world's most clumsiest crouch and wriggling her haunches for a moment that stretched too long while her tongue poked out from between her lips at a random angle, the creamy furred four moon old lashed her bushy tail against the ground once more for good measure and pounced. She was going to defeat that tail! She was going to chew it off! She was going to... oh, stars, Kestrelpaw was going to-

CRASH
. Face-first. Right. Into. The. Ever-loving ground.

Scrambling back into a sitting position, spine straight as a rod and embarrassment warming her ears, Kestrelpaw tried very hard to (discreetly) spit out the dirt in her mouth (spoiler alert, she failed epically and ended up drooling for a bit until she could hurriedly, repeatedly wipe away the moisture with her paws). In the end, it was safe to say that Kestrelpaw had zoned out completely during their entire walk, but she would never ever ever ever admit that. Scout's honor! Um... why was her mentor staring at her...

Oh, yeah! Smelling! Scents! Noses! Kestrelpaw could do that. Hopping back onto her paws, the young apprentice stuck her muzzle in the air and took a very exaggerated sniff. "I smell... forest!" The four-moon-old feline proclaimed, voice laced with all the pride of a toddler presenting their parents a paper filled to the brim with crayon scribbles. It was art, was it not? Kestrelpaw was surely the best apprentice out there, what with her sniffing skills. What was the saying? The smartest cookie in the jar? Sharpest tool in the shed? Mhm, totally.

Take that, Shrikepaw! Kestrelpaw, 1 ; Shrikepaw, 0.

Okay... so maybe Kestrelpaw wasn't exactly entirely sure of herself. "So... um... where are we? And what are we doing, Mr. Fleck?" Hey! She had manners sometimes!

[ @blxze. - Sproutfleck ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; March 27th, 2024 at 07:05 PM.
Old March 28th, 2024, 06:48 AM
Fire in the Hole!!

Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Kestrelpaw training: Battle Lesson 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Kestrelpaw
She/Her | 5/100 | [ #flocklitterkestrel ]

Overly loud paws crashed after Sproutfleck as her mentor led her through uncharted lands. And then... Aha! Lo and behold, their destination! Kestrelpaw would defeat whatever vile creatures (obviously they looked eerily similar to Shrikepaw) lived in this forest's depths and save everyone from ultimate doom! Speaking of vile creatures... aha, a tail! Kestrelpaw's mortal enemy!

Dropping into the world's most clumsiest crouch and wriggling her haunches for a moment that stretched too long while her tongue poked out from between her lips at a random angle, the creamy furred four moon old lashed her bushy tail against the ground once more for good measure and pounced. She was going to defeat that tail! She was going to chew it off! She was going to... oh, stars, Kestrelpaw was going to-

CRASH
. Face-first. Right. Into. The. Ever-loving ground.

Scrambling back into a sitting position, spine straight as a rod and embarrassment warming her ears, Kestrelpaw tried very hard to (discreetly) spit out the dirt in her mouth (spoiler alert, she failed epically and ended up drooling for a bit until she could hurriedly, repeatedly wipe away the moisture with her paws). In the end, it was safe to say that Kestrelpaw had zoned out completely during their entire walk, but she would never ever ever ever admit that. Scout's honor! Um... why was her mentor staring at her...

Oh, yeah! Smelling! Scents! Noses! Kestrelpaw could do that. Hopping back onto her paws, the young apprentice stuck her muzzle in the air and took a very exaggerated sniff. "I smell... forest!" The four-moon-old feline proclaimed, voice laced with all the pride of a toddler presenting their parents a paper filled to the brim with crayon scribbles. It was art, was it not? Kestrelpaw was surely the best apprentice out there, what with her sniffing skills. What was the saying? The smartest cookie in the jar? Sharpest tool in the shed? Mhm, totally.

Take that, Shrikepaw! Kestrelpaw, 1 ; Shrikepaw, 0.

Okay... so maybe Kestrelpaw wasn't exactly entirely sure of herself. "So... um... where are we? And what are we doing, Mr. Fleck?" Hey! She had manners sometimes!

[ @blxze. - Sproutfleck ]

user20199_pic48041_1707183721_thumb.png
Sproutfleck

Purrks; None
Tags; @/Rose

Mr...Fleck? Well, that was new one that vastly amused him, so he smiled- all he could do from laughing. He was a mentor, and that meant he had to be seriou- AAAH! HE SAW IT! His favorite, his favorite. Right there. With wide jade-hued eyes he stared intently at the wispy clouds, all thoughts gone. This cloud was beautiful. He adored it. Oh, oh goodness. Oh, dear, he shouldn't have gotten so riled up, he didn't want Kestrelpaw to think clouds were what they were here for. Even though he couldn't rip his gaze away, he still had those thoughts. When he was satisfied with Thoroughly inspecting the wispy cloud, he turned back to his apprentice. She was quite eager, had that going for her, even though she just attempted to pounce on his tail- or rather, that'd be his haunches almost. "Sorry, little friend, but the tail is off-limits." he raised one brow and grinned. "Hey, hey, that crouch could use some work, though. You need a fighting crouch. Which is why we're here in Firefly Cove- remember that name, Kestrelpaw- for battle training."

Okay, what did the apprentice have? Well, she had enthusiasm and seemed to have much motive to train, which was admirable. Okay, so that'd have to do. He could work with it. "Right, so the first thing I want to show you is The Defensive Crouch." He said, and then motioned for her to watch. Sproutfleck dropped into a crouch, his haunches closer to the ground and his forelegs farther out so he was nearly flat, one paw extended viciously. For a moment he stayed in that position- okay, a few moments, long enough that if she was paying attention she'd be able to take notes of his appearance. "Alright, so In a moment you can try. I want to show you one more we'll be learning today, and if we happen to have more time before I want you to go on Moss duty so I can show you a couple things.

"This is called the Basic Swipe."
Staying in his defensive crouch, he rocked his hind paws forward a bit to jab out a paw in a quick, broad swipe. He repeated it again, slower this time, and nodded at Kestrelpaw. "Here is the defensive crouch again. Look closely- see how flat I am? That way I can lunge forward or swipe out at my enemy's legs or chest if they get too close. This is what you'll be practicing most of the time, since it branches off into the base of more defensive moves. Do you get what I mean?" His eyes flicked around the clearing, then settled on a branch. He padded over and clasped the base of it in his teeth and dragged the branch backward, before sitting back on his haunches. "Okay, the main branch, the biggest one, is the defensive crouch. These are more defensive moves, branching off of the main body of the branch, and more complex moves off of those." He drew his paw over small twigs branching off, then even smaller ones off of that one. "Never mind that, let's take a quick look at that crouch."

Character Site [WIP]
Faithfern is the Current Leader of Darkclan. She has an open den policy.
||Signups And Resources||[/COLOR]

Luna is scribbling on this sig | Desert Rain Frog is hunting wendigos outside |Alastor rickrolls here | Raven has snuck into this sig | Fruity bat has stolen my fruit! | Sunnyheart is approaching... SHE BROUGHT BIRDBIRD-- | Rustleaf rants Abt Bristlefrost| Moondapple restocks the cookie safe | leopard.'s cat Moonfoot is lookin' angry | Crimson holds up two gay cats and lion king music plays |