Today 12:31 AM

Old May 9th, 2024, 03:24 PM
not online a lot, sorry

Bump Policy: anytime necessary
Default .•*Scrapyard*•. [Main RP]

This is the main RP area for the Scrapyard roleplay

Areas:

Dump site
This is where the animals were dumped. It's flat and grassy, with a dirt road very nearby. You can see the scrapyard a short ways away.
Dirt road
Just what it sounds like, a dirt road. This is the road you were driven down; you could attempt to follow the truck back "home", but you likely won't ever reach it.
Scrapyard
Oh, look! Maybe you can take shelter here? It's full of junk and precariously stacked objects, and you might be able to catch some rodents that are living in the scrap. The entire place is enclosed with a tall fence, that has curling barbed wire at the top.
Shack
Within the Scrapyard is an old shack-like building. It might offer shelter from the elements.

I'll add mentions here whenever somebody joins :

Last edited by Kacey!; June 19th, 2024 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 12th, 2024, 09:44 PM
not online a lot, sorry

Default Re: .•*Scrapyard*•. [Main RP]

Sandy whined, cowaring in her cage as she watched the truck roar off down the dusty road. For a moment, she only watched it go. Then, she noticed her cage door was partially ajar; curiously, she sniffed at it and then nosed it open.

It actually opened! Her ears perked, although she was still terribly frightened and confused. The border collie stepped hesitantly out of the cage, and then looked about. Other cages of animals from the shelter were stacked — well, piled — near her's. The first that caught her eye was a cage with a blonde furred dog inside. She trotted over.

“Hello!” she greeted, feigning optimism. “I, uhm— I saw you at the pound a couple times! I'm Sandy.” The brown-and-white collie tipped her head, wondering if this dog's cage was still locked.

@sock
Old May 13th, 2024, 07:04 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Apollo
he/him || blonde Siberian husky with blue eyes

He raised his large head at the sound of somebody's cheerful yip. Far too cheerful for their current situation, he thought. "Hello," he said gruffly, eyeing the collie. He couldn't stand or sit up in his cage - it was far too small for a dog of his size - so he had to look up at her. "How'd you get out of your cage?" he asked in the same rough tone, nodding to her kennel with the door ajar. His had stayed locked, but he did notice a few more with the doors open. It seemed he'd been a bit unlucky.

[ @Kacey! ]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old May 13th, 2024, 09:48 PM
not online a lot, sorry

“Oh.” Sandy's ear drooped a little. “Yours is still locked ... Mine came open when it hit the ground, I think.” Honestly, she hadn't paid enough attention to the door to know if that's what opened it, or if it had never been properly secured. But she guessed that was what it was.

“Maybe I can open yours!” Sandy offered brightly. The collie squinted at the door and then attempted to bite at the latch. She paused for a moment. “Oh, what's your name?” she asked politely, her tail wagging just the slightest in the hopes of a new friend.

@sock
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:22 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

He watched her bite at the latch, not to much success, but at least she tried. He respected that. She'd probably get it at some point, though - the latches weren't too hard to figure out, in his opinion. He'd seen them opened too many times to count, so he knew how to unlatch it, he just couldn't do it from the inside. "Apollo," he rumbled, dipping his head. "Try lifting up on that part and pulling," he told Sandy, touching his nose to a certain part of the latch.

[ @Kacey! ]

Old May 15th, 2024, 12:37 AM
not online a lot, sorry

“Nice to properly meet you, Apollo!” Sandy watched as he pointed to the part of the latch with his nose. “Ohhh ... ”

More deliberately this time, Sandy bit at the latch, then lifted it and pulled. At first nothing happened, so she tugged again. This time, the door swung open and Sandy nearly lost her balance, but let go and righted herself.

The collie's tail and ears lifted in immediate pride. She had opened the cage door! “I did it! Not without your help, though,” she added. She was willing to acknowledge that she hadn't known how the cages worked ... and probably wouldn't've gotten it open without Apollo's input.

@sock

Last edited by Kacey!; May 16th, 2024 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old May 15th, 2024, 07:16 AM
don't eat me

Apollo watched Sandy nip at the latch again, first to no avail, but the second time, the door flung open with the weight she'd tugged it with. He watched her fumble for a moment, and waited for her to regain her balance before he crawled his way out of the cage. He had to duck his head to get through the doorway, and even then his ears graced the cold metal frame. But finally, for the first time in a while, he was out.

He stretched his muscles, and heard a few of his joints pop - it actually felt a little satisfying - then he turned to Sandy in order to thank her properly. She was babbling about something or other, and he hadn't really been listening, so he let it run its course before opening his own mouth. "Thanks," he said, and nothing more. He wasn't a dog of many words; he saw no use in using a hundred words when one would suffice. After that, he raised his head again to survey their surroundings.

A Scrapyard? Interesting. He'd never been around here, but Apollo was sure he could handle it. He glanced around at the other cages, which all seemed to be... rather empty, actually. Various pawprints were in the dirt road led to the true Scrapyard, which suggested that the rest of the animals must have gone on without them. He looked back at Sandy, wondering if she'd noticed.

[ @Kacey! ]

Old May 16th, 2024, 04:37 PM
not online a lot, sorry

“You're very welcome!” Sandy yipped. She had to look upward now; Apollo was much, much taller than her. She wondered why any dog would need to be that big. He must be sad that he couldn't curl up in peoples' laps. Which she ... totally could, if she tried. Probably.

The big dog didn't say anything else, so Sandy curiously followed his gaze. “Hey, what is that?” Sandy narrowed her eyes in the direction of the Scrapyard. “I bet there's people over there! Don't you? Should we check?” The collie didn't wait for an answer. “We should check!”

In a merry mood, the brown-and-white border pranced toward the Scrapyard, pausing a few steps toward it to look over her shoulder. Apollo was going to come with her, right? She was almost pretty sure they were friends now.

@sock

Last edited by Kacey!; May 16th, 2024 at 04:40 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 07:31 AM
don't eat me

Apollo watched her notice the presence of the Scrapyard. As soon as she registered its existence she started to yip wildly, and Apollo was just about to answer her first question when she began spouting out more like a broken faucet. And then with practiced ease he tuned it out, staring blankly at her as she began to trot down the dirt path. Goodness, how could someone so small have so much energy? He could tell these next few days would be tiresome.

He followed her all the same, and caught up with her after a few strides. Sandy must have been anticipating this, because she'd stopped to look over her shoulder and grin at him. "What do you plan on doing when we get there?" he asked, wondering if she had any sort of plan concocted at all. Sizing her up, Apollo decided she didn't seem like the 'planning' type, so he made a mental note that he'd probably have to be in charge of all the things that required thinking ahead and such.

[ @Kacey! ]

Old May 18th, 2024, 09:46 PM
not online a lot, sorry

He was coming! Yay!

“I'm gonna, like, find a bagel or something. I'm starving. And then I'm gonna find a person!” That was her plan. Find a person! Surely there would be at least one over there? “What's your plan?” Sandy asked curiously, wagging her tail merrily as she trotted.

One more time, the collie glanced over her shoulder. The cages seemed empty ... Most of the other animals had probably run off when given the chance. Sandy just hoped nobody was still stuck back there.

@sock