Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
catch the shark, bleed the...
by glitch
Last post by glitch
Today 07:25 PM
Rawsuit
by Rawsuit
Last post by Rawsuit
Today 07:23 PM
Hi, WCO!
Last post by Tallstar
Today 07:18 PM
Starclan Characters?
Last post by Bean
Today 07:14 PM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Fits
Today 07:06 PM

Old April 9th, 2024, 05:00 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default A Long Overdue Reunion [P]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Wolffang scanned the camp for Bravebird, a rabbit dangling from his jaws. Its delicious scent flooded into his nose and mouth, making it water. But it wasn't for him.

Nerves made every hair on his pelt tingle, and his stomach felt tight with anticipation. He wouldn't be able to eat in this state, not even if StarClan themselves came from the sky with some prophecy rabbit that healed all ailments. Well... if he was gravely ill, or if they commanded it, he'd eat it. Of course he would. They were StarClan, after all-

He shook himself. The rabbit thumped against his chest, disturbed by the motion. It looked like a splash of snow in his light-colored chest fluff. He knew his worry was making him think like a hare-brain. But he had every right to be afraid. Yes, there was a good chance Bravebird didn't remember him - the thought brought a sudden stab of pain so sharp he almost dropped the fresh-kill - but that didn't erase the fact that he'd been avoiding her for far too long. Out of fear, out of pain, out of... well, feeling so lost in his own guilt and too overwhelmed to do much of anything. And the last time she saw me, she was angry over a misunderstanding. Cowtuft's exile flashed in his mind in the time it took for one to blink.

Now Wolffang wasn't in such a terrible spot. He was determined to make things right. That fiery feeling seared his flesh and chased away any chills his anxiety might've instilled. It compelled him forward, setting his head turning, his amber eyes roving across the clearing, erasing the stiffness in his neck from carrying the plump rabbit. Warriors fix their mistakes. They make amends. They heal severed bonds. That was what he was doing, right here, right now.

He'd known he had to do this for some time. He'd forgiven himself for his negligence and vowed to do better. But, after seeing Fallownose's body crumbled at the base of the Galewood... after scenting the pungent odor of RiverClan on its corpse... he'd known that now was the time. He had to be a warrior. He had to be there for his Clan. No more fear, no more waiting around for "the right moment." There was no such thing. If anything, it was now.

Is she mad at me? Does she care? I've forgiven myself, but... she has every reason to be upset. Oh, StarClan, grant me strength. Let me know the right thing to say, he prayed, still looking around.

A flash of white caught his attention, coupled by a burst of lilac. Wolffang froze and turned toward it.

There she is.

Bravebird.

He took a deep breath, the warm scent of the freshly-caught rabbit now nauseating. Get yourself together. She had every right to be angry - or, worse, not remember him, not that she had any control over that - and Wolffang would bear it and talk through it with her. He'd deserve it, but he wanted her to know just how much she meant to him and do everything possible to make amends.

The dappled gray tom headed her way. His heart was pounding now, his very blood writhing with anticipation. Once he was nearby, he dropped the rabbit and looked at her.

"Bravebird." Saying her name felt strange yet familiar. Necessary. He remembered the strong young warrior, eyes alight with determination, a guiding paw for Fernpaw. Keep talking, he urged himself.

"I caught this rabbit for you." He gently prodded it with one paw. "I... I don't know if you remember me. If you do, I'm sure you're upset with me. You have every right to be. I've been afraid. I've been a coward. I wasn't sure what to say to you, and that continually kept me away, coupled with Clan duties and… personal issues. However, I’m not trying to make excuses. It’s still my fault. But… but I'm here now, and I'd like to talk and make things right." It suddenly occurred to him that she might not want him there. Despite his resolve, he added, "If you're willing." It was his responsibility to approach her, but it was Bravebird's choice to do whatever she felt up to.

@taillow ( )

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 24th, 2024 at 12:11 PM.
Old April 29th, 2024, 09:53 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: A Long Overdue Reunion [P]

BRAVEBIRD
she/her | windclan fury | 45 moons

With all of the chaos currently occurring in camp, and the aftermath of the mink fight, Bravebird had taken a bit of time out of her day to settle on the side of the clearing and soak up what little rays of sun protruded through the thick clouds. Her eyes were closed, face turned towards the sun - but her ears remained alert. As such, she heard the paw steps heading way and brought her head down, blue eyes opening. At the sight of who it was she frowned, pulling herself into a seated position and watching as Wolffang dropped the rabbit in front of her.

Her first instinct was to tell her Clanmate to take the rabbit and eat on his own, lifting her muzzle to stare back at him. But he continued on after her name. He was offering an apology for not having approached sooner. Stars, Bravebird hadn't thought about it for a minute, the betrayal and sadness she had felt when Wolffang had seemingly avoided her. But she knew it was a two-sided stone, and there was the fact that she hadn't sought him out either.

"I remember you," she answered bluntly, nudging the rabbit with a paw as if to observe it. "...I was starting to wonder what had happened to you." Under any other circumstances there would've been a teasing tone to her voice as she glanced down at the rabbit. But now there was nothing but a twinge of bluntness. Of subtle frustration. "I am upset, Wolffang. You're the only cat since I've come back that hasn't... hasn't said anything." Her blue eyes flashed up to Wolffang, hurt. "...Although I suppose if I'm to truly be angry I should reserve some of that for myself." She chuckled. "Perhaps consider it was something I had done."

With a sigh and slightly hunched shoulders the lilac warrior settled into a loaf position, taking a bite from the rabbit and gesturing for Wolffang to join her if he'd like. She chewed thoughtfully, letting her blue gaze wander over towards the camp entrance. "I was surprised to hear what you had to say during Cowtuft's exile." Might as well get right into it. "Then again the more time that seems to pass I start to wonder if we were too harsh. Lives were lost, yes, but I can't help but wonder... if it was some other cat was responsible for poisoning the stores. If that's the case..." Brave let herself trail off and shook her head. "Regardless he had to go. Negligence... that's not something we can risk when it's the lives of our Clanmates at stake."

To distract herself she tore off another part of the rabbit and shoved it back towards Wolffang, eyeing him cautiously. "So what have you been up to the last couple moons? Hardly see you around camp anymore." Her reply was guarded, her walls were up, as Bravebird watched him.

[ Wolffang - @TheNyanCatMinecart ]
Old May 2nd, 2024, 04:07 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: A Long Overdue Reunion [P]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

After everything that had happened to her, Bravebird was still as perceptive as always.

Though shouldn't that be the case for every warrior?

There was no doubt she heard his pawsteps; Wolffang was a large cat, heavy not from fat - he was rather lean, actually - but from his bulging muscles. He wasn't trying to sneak up on her, either. As nervous - and regretful - as he was, Bravebird was a Clanmate. There was no need to approach silently. No, his steps had been very casual. But this didn't feel casual. When her lilac-gray ears pricked, Wolffang felt a frog leap in his stomach. It was a funny feeling. Not his favorite, but not entirely unfamiliar, either.

Bravebird was sitting up in the blink of an eye. Speaking of eyes, those blue ones... they seemed to bore into his soul. Gone was the comfort. The admiration. The friendliness. They were as blunt as a newborn's muzzle.

And her muzzle was moving, seemingly to say something, but then she... stopped. Kept looking at him.

It took a tremendous effort for Wolffang to keep his gaze fixed on her instead of moving it elsewhere. It was like keeping his paw pad pressed against a burning patch of grass. A million frogs were leaping in his belly now, accompanied by a battalion of butterflies and a lot of tickly grass. One of those frogs had jumped into his throat. It must've been real thirsty, too, because it had sucked every scrap of moisture like a beached leech.

I remember you.

The words startled Wolffang more than he would've liked to admit. Thankfully, he didn't jump or jolt. He only blinked and forced his eyes to remain on Bravebird's. She remembers me... At first, joy welled within him, temporarily drowning the frogs and the butterflies. She remembers me. All those wonderful moons together hadn't disappeared. Maybe...

I was starting to wonder what had happened to you.

The leeches sucked all the water away again.

She remembered him. How, he wasn't sure. Her memories had been lost. Maybe... maybe seeing him around had awoken something within her? Maybe StarClan had chosen to show her some kindness and restored what she had once known?

All the more reason for her to hate him for avoiding her for so long.

Guilt churned inside Wolffang once more.

It was only amplified as Bravebird continued to speak, those blue eyes no longer blunt but edged with a sharp claw of hurt. Suddenly, he wanted to apologize again, to beg StarClan to go back in time so he could fix this.

But the past was the past. Like he'd done so many times before, Wolffang would own up to it.

And he wouldn't let the pain drag him down.

...Although I suppose if I'm to truly be angry I should reserve some of that for myself. A chuckle from her.

Wolffang blinked again.

Wait, what?

None of this was Bravebird's fault. She'd been recovering from being dead, recovering from memory loss... He should've approached her. It was his responsibility, not hers.

Right?

But she seemed to have relaxed, accepting the rabbit and even motioning for him to join her. Something unwound inside Wolffang. Nothing huge, but enough for his tense shoulders - wait, they'd been tense? He hadn't noticed, but it wasn't surprising - to relax a bit. He settled beside her, keeping a respectful distance. The sight and scent of the rabbit made his stomach recoil as if hit by a physical blow. Nope. Not ready for that yet.

Bravebird was already launching into Cowtuft's exile. Wolffang winced a little bit as he remembered that misunderstanding. At least she didn't seem so upset about it anymore. And she was completely right. The way the Clan had pounced on him... the way Littleshock had pounced... His claws slid out and dug into the fresh green grass.

But negligence on that scale was certainly punishable. Wolffang knew he'd messed up before, but on much smaller terms. Twilightstar had demoted him; he'd deserved it. And before then, he'd hurt and judged cats for ridiculous things. But he'd never done something as horrific as poisoning multiple cats. Cowtuft hadn't meant it, but he'd known the poison was there. He was responsible. He'd deserved the exile.

And now Bravebird was asking him how he was. Wolffang could tell she was guarded. That wasn't surprising. Yet the words she spoke... It was a tempting remnant of their past together, dangling.

Now it was his turn to speak. He knew what to say, but in what order?

Wolffang decided to answer her question first.

"Well... I'll admit, for a while I wasn't doing well. A lot of past memories... a lot of past guilt... it resurfaced and hindered me. But I've gotten past that now, and I'm as determined as ever to be present for my Clan and all those I'm close to. For Cowtuft's exile... well, when I first heard about it, I thought someone had snuck something into the herb stores to poison them, which is why I called for demotion. Then someone translated his paw signs, and... well, Cowtuft knew about the poison and didn't tell anybody. I still don't think he did it intentionally, but that was certainly worthy of exile."

For a heartbeat, he tried to find words. Any words at all.

"...Bravebird, I... it's not your fault. Not at all. I don't know what you've been through, but I know you came back from the dead without your memories, and - you can correct me - you had to recover them. It was my responsibility to approach you, not yours. I should've been there for you. But I wasn't. Duty, demons, cowardice... a temporary excuse, maybe, but not for the period in which I avoided you. And for that, I am truly, truly sorry. I completely understand if you're upset. You should be. But... but I'd like to make it right."

Wolffang realized that, at some point during his monologue, he'd turned his gaze to his paws. Now he forced it back onto Bravebird. It felt like claws were clenching his stomach and chest, bringing burning pain to his eyes. So much lost time... so much they didn't know about each other... and it was his fault.

He'd understand if she remained wary. If she didn't want to reconnect.

And yet he desperately hoped they would.

Can I make this right? Or is it too late?

Well, there was something else he could say. She'd asked him how he was. He should reciprocate that.

"...What's happened since you returned? How have you been? You and your family?"

@taillow

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; May 2nd, 2024 at 04:27 PM.