Old May 2nd, 2024, 09:55 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Croaking Swamp

Finchpaw
| cookie cat | it/he/they | ShC apprentice | 6 moons |

Finch nodded to the warrior as he watched the shrews frantically running around. Finch attempted to grab a few, just two of them, waiting for the other apprentice to grab the rest. [D20: 14 | slim] he pounced on one shrew tackling it and tumbling as he killed it. Then he grabbed the other. [D20: 17 | success! ] He quickly grabbed it, being more on balance than before, and swiftly killing it like he had seen the warrior do.

He watched as the warrior got all of them. Finch didn't say anything, keeping his mouth shut as the warrior looked proud of herself. They struggled not to say anything upsetting. "Nice job," he said, forcing enthusiasm and joy for the warrior, his paws slightly digging into the mud as he kept reminding himself not to say anything. it looked over at the other apprentice, who didn't say much either. They stepped away from the nest and back towards a tree, not too far from there. He supposed he would do it himself, he didn't like that this warrior was telling them what to do and then not letting them do much but stand there and scare shrews. They smelt around, doing what he had seen others do. [D20: 14 | slim] He smelt something dirty, and he figured a bird. They usually smelt like that. Now, quiet to it. He saw it, pecking at the ground for a worm, it wasn't paying attention. [D20: 17 | success! ] He crouched and pounced, tumbling a bit and grabbing the bird who flapped in his paws, he quickly killed it, like he had seen others do and brought it over, dropping it and giving the warrior a look.

@paris @silver.

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art ShopFinder for all kitties

Last edited by Epiales; May 2nd, 2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:00 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Croaking Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiales View Post
Finchpaw

He watched as the warrior got all of them. Finch didn't say anything, keeping his mouth shut as the warrior looked proud of herself. They struggled not to say anything upsetting. "Nice job," he said, forcing enthusiasm and joy for the warrior, his paws slightly digging into the mud as he kept reminding himself not to say anything. it looked over at the other apprentice, who didn't say much either. They stepped away from the nest and back towards a tree, not too far from there. He supposed he would do it himself, he didn't like that this warrior was telling them what to do and then not letting them do much but stand there and scare shrews. They smelt around, doing what he had seen others do. [D20: 14 | slim] He smelt something dirty, and he figured a bird. They usually smelt like that. Now, quiet to it. He saw it, pecking at the ground for a worm, it wasn't paying attention. [D20: 17 | success! ] He crouched and pounced, tumbling a bit and grabbing the bird who flapped in his paws, he quickly killed it, like he had seen others do and brought it over, dropping it and giving the warrior a look.

@paris @silver.

Mistydawn
AFAB - She / Her
ShadowClan Warrior
No Current Purrks
Twenty-Four Moons
A mottled, dark gray rosette she-cat with green eyes.

[ there´s still more shrews ^^ ]

The gray warrior got to her paws and shook out her pelt, gesturing towards the four shrews running towards Finchpaw and Bitternpaw, saying nothing.

[ bitternpaw and finchpaw will be able to catch two each, jsyk. ]

bitternpaw | @silver.

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:21 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

bitternpaw
he/him // 7 moons // shc apprentice
purrks: agatha kitty, the collector

---

[USING A DICE ROLL TO DETERMINE SUCCESS. SINCE BITTERN IS UNTRAINED, HIS DC IS A 12 TO SUCCESSFULLY MAKE A CATCH.]

Was he supposed to train himself? Or just know how to hunt? Sure he had some innate instinct but he hadn't gone through any formal training yet. So when the warrior gives him a 'look' he offers one of irritation in return before his head snaps back toward the scrambling nest of shrews. Guess he'll just have to make it up as he goes. Focused on his prey he doesn't pay Finchpaw's success much attention. He needed to succeed. Needed to bring something back. Then Shadowclan would continue to prosper.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 12 to catch a shrew. ]

The apprentice stays put until a shrew gets close enough to him where he feels comfortable pouncing at it. So focused on technique he almost times his movement incorrectly, moving a bit late and latching his claws into the prey's hind. Effectively pinning it down, however, he delivers a killing bite to it's neck to stop it's movement and quickly looks up when there's movement in his peripheral view.

[ Bitternpaw rolled an 11 to catch a shrew. ]

The second proves to be too quick for him, however. By the time he's settled into a crouch to pounce at it, it scrambles off into the brush and disappears. Curses! If he were just a little bit faster than he would have had it! Did he have to crouch every time before pouncing? Should he go off of instinct instead of whatever idea of proper technique he thought he should be displaying? Ugh! When he notices that Finchpaw caught two and he had only caught one he scowls and stays silent, picking up his catch and staring blankly at the warrior.

mistydawn | @paris // finchpaw | @Epiales

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:32 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Mistydawn
AFAB - She / Her
ShadowClan Warrior
No Current Purrks
Twenty-Four Moons

Mistydawn met Bitternpaw´s gaze with sympathy. She buried the six shrews that all three of them had collected together, and headed deeper into the area of Croaking Swamp.

´´Don´t worry about it too much,´´ She murmured softly in Bitternpaw´s ear as the three cats plodded on. She opened her jaws to taste the air, catching the scent of a blackbird. Mistydawn glanced at Bitternpaw. ´´I smell blackbird. It´s just beyond this row of brambles.´´

Mistydawn´s ears twitched. ´´Blackbirds are quite the challenge, because they can fly. Do not let it scent you.´´ She gave the apprentice a nod of encouragement.

bitternpaw | @silver. // finchpaw | @Epiales

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:39 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Finchpaw

"Whoa, I didn't expect to catch those!" he said excitedly, a bit tired from having to launch himself at the running shrews. He walked silently next to the other apprentice. "Oh! I'm Finchpaw," he mumbled, he had forgotten to introduce himself, though, being young and at the apprentice ceremony, he figured it was obvious what his name had been, though it was still a nice thing to do. He turned to the sulking tom next to him. Finch tilted its head to the side and watched the tom. He gave the tom a light smile. "Hey! Cheer up! There is still more prey," he purred slightly to the tom, his tail flicking up as he said it. He wanted to give more reassuring words to Tom as he stayed a bit more distant, what else was he supposed to do? They would let the other apprentice get the blackbird, maybe the tom was better with birds they shrews.

@paris @silver.

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art ShopFinder for all kitties
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:48 AM
silly little guy

bitternpaw

---

Ugh, they were both talking to him now. The warrior's words do little to comfort him. Of course he wouldn't be able to catch more than one prey at a time. He was untrained. He'd have to bug his mentor to give him a lesson later. But for the time being it was important to focus on the moment at paw. An ear twitches and swivels toward Finchpaw as he speaks and he can't help but heave a silent sigh. An introduction was a bit late at this point, wasn't it? It couldn't be helped. Remembering his manners was a constant battle.

"Bitternpaw."

Ignoring the other apprentice's words of encouragement, he lifts his muzzle and scents the air to try and discern what a blackbird smelled like. Maybe that was it? It was definitely a bird of some kind. And if that was the bird Mistydawn was mentioning then he had to be right.

"How do I do that?" He asks her, eyeing her from the corners of his eyes. How did one not let a bird catch your scent? This was so... Annoying.

character bios.
Old May 2nd, 2024, 10:54 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver. View Post
bitternpaw

---

Ugh, they were both talking to him now. The warrior's words do little to comfort him. Of course he wouldn't be able to catch more than one prey at a time. He was untrained. He'd have to bug his mentor to give him a lesson later. But for the time being it was important to focus on the moment at paw. An ear twitches and swivels toward Finchpaw as he speaks and he can't help but heave a silent sigh. An introduction was a bit late at this point, wasn't it? It couldn't be helped. Remembering his manners was a constant battle.

"Bitternpaw."

Ignoring the other apprentice's words of encouragement, he lifts his muzzle and scents the air to try and discern what a blackbird smelled like. Maybe that was it? It was definitely a bird of some kind. And if that was the bird Mistydawn was mentioning then he had to be right.

"How do I do that?" He asks her, eyeing her from the corners of his eyes. How did one not let a bird catch your scent? This was so... Annoying.

Mistydawn
AFAB - She / Her
ShadowClan Warrior
No Current Purrks
Twenty-Four Moons

´´Did you see how I rolled myself in the grass to disguise my scent earlier?´´ Mistydawn asked quietly with a wave of her tail, making sure it didn't brush the surrounding undergrowth. ´´Well, that´s one way to do it. Another way is to make sure that the bird´s scent is flowing towards you and not the other way around. If it´s flowing towards you, you´re downwind and headed in the right direction. If it´s the other way, however, then you´re upwind and really aren´t in the best position to catch prey, even if you think you´ll succeed. Does that make sense?´´

Mistydawn glanced from Bitternpaw to Finchpaw and back to the older apprentice. Finchpaw would need to know this, too.

finchpaw | @Epiales

Scratch HR Positions:

Last edited by paris; May 2nd, 2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 06:11 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

@.Sunshine. @Zei

Flood paw walked into the territory with her patrol mates looking around the area for marigolds a orange flower that should be a easy find but cobweb who knows maybe harder to find she walked around and saw two small flowers near a bush they were not marrigold but white flowers she knew nothing about so she didn't take them she looked at her clan mates
Old May 5th, 2024, 06:23 PM
silly little guy

bitternpaw
purrks: agatha kitty, the collector, rapid recovery

---

Smother his scent... That made sense. When he had watched her roll around in the leaf litter earlier it didn't make a lick of sense to him. But now that she was explaining it he understood. Nodding in response, he wastes no time taking a few steps away to crouch and roll to mask his scent. The leaves that stuck to his pelt would definitely help camouflage his otherwise annoying coloration. Rising to his paws he begins to creep toward the blackbird's scent, taking careful note of the way it settles along the wind.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 14 to catch a blackbird. ]

Honed in on the shape of the bird pecking against the ground, he creeps closer and closer, staying low and again being mindful to stay downwind of the prey. His paw brushes against a twig hidden amongst the brush and startles the bird but he reacts too quickly for it to escape. He's already darted out from his hiding spot by the time it takes into the air, a leap with outstretched claws connecting with the bird to bring it back to the earth. A bite is swiftly given to end it's life and he lifts his head to listen for any more movement nearby. It seemed as though the coast was clear for the time being so he picks up his successful kill and returns to the others.

character bios.
Old May 6th, 2024, 07:07 AM
Call Me Zei

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-in-the-corner View Post
@.Sunshine. @Zei

Flood paw walked into the territory with her patrol mates looking around the area for marigolds a orange flower that should be a easy find but cobweb who knows maybe harder to find she walked around and saw two small flowers near a bush they were not marrigold but white flowers she knew nothing about so she didn't take them she looked at her clan mates
. @.Sunshine.

Martenburr stuck his nose into a pile of rocks, looking to see if any spiders may have made webs there