Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:32 AM
they call us fish? let's...
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:22 AM
ThunderClan Leader's Den
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 12:42 AM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Kacey!
Today 12:40 AM
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Starfall
Today 12:24 AM

Old April 17th, 2024, 04:16 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Strawberrypaw Training [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lys.luvbot View Post
┊StrawberryPaw
╰⸻♡ she/her ⸻⸻╮

Strawberrypaw felt the excitement building inside her as she crouched by the riverbank, ready to pounce on any fish that came her way. Deerspark was watching her intently, and she knew she had to make him proud. As she waited, she saw a flash of silver in the water and she lunged forward, using her teeth and paws to catch the fish. She pulled it out of the water and held it up triumphantly for Deerspark to see. She could see the pride in his eyes as he watched her, and it made her heart swell with happiness. She knew that she was becoming a better fisher-cat under his guidance.

@Marigoldwhisper [DeerSpark]

[Deerspark]
Tom\Warrior\RC
"Da da da we're dead-"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Deerspark leaped up like a meerkat, and he nearly fell on his face because of it. He launched himself up to his paws and was practically radiating excitement. "That's a big one!" He crowed. Wow, that was probably the loudest thing he'd said all evening.

He bounded over to his apprentice and leaned over her shoulder. He took the newly caught fish in his jaws and buried it near the riverbank but far enough to the point where the prey would stay underground.

"You're a natural," he beamed at her as he kicked up sand. He must be a really good teacher. "Think you can... Can try and get the other ones?" After he was done digging he walked back up to her. "They're a bit more tricky. If you think you can only... Stick to the ones near the surface, then do that."

Either option was fine for him actually. Strawberrypaw showed great promise and he couldn't wait to congratulate her in front of the clan when the time came.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 6th, 2024, 09:11 AM
'merp'

Bump Policy: ✧I don't do things unless I'm bumped soooooo
My Mood: Angelic

┊StrawberryPaw
╰⸻♡ she/her ⸻⸻╮

StrawberryPaw smiled as an effect of DeerSaprk's Parise, you're a natural ringed in her frosty tipped ears as she turned her attention back to the river. ' ' I can try! ' ' she says green eyes looking at the flowing river beneath her. She saw a smaller fish coming her way, and she lowered her fluffy fur to the ground and waited to charge, as she did so she looked up at her mentor starry-eyed. She dipped her paw into the water fastly but she was to slow for the fish. She quicked her paw out of the water and looked at DeerSpark, waiting for his reply.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Last edited by lys.luvbot; May 6th, 2024 at 09:11 AM.
Old May 6th, 2024, 06:01 PM

Quote:
┊StrawberryPaw
╰⸻♡ she/her ⸻⸻╮

StrawberryPaw smiled as an effect of DeerSaprk's Parise, you're a natural ringed in her frosty tipped ears as she turned her attention back to the river. ' ' I can try! ' ' she says green eyes looking at the flowing river beneath her. She saw a smaller fish coming her way, and she lowered her fluffy fur to the ground and waited to charge, as she did so she looked up at her mentor starry-eyed. She dipped her paw into the water fastly but she was to slow for the fish. She quicked her paw out of the water and looked at DeerSpark, waiting for his reply.

[Deerspark]
Tom\Warrior\RC
"Da da da we're dead-"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Deerspark licked the traces of newly caught fish off his muzzle. He nodded at his apprentice with a twitch of his lips like a small smile.

That's alright, Deerspark thought, watching as Strawberrypaw crouched her fluffy body by the riverbank once more. "Trying is good." He said, his voice coming out far more unevenly than he would've liked. He cleared his throat an contemplated trying again, but there was no use in that. The pause of open conversation had already passed.

He leaned forward as he watched with a thrill of anticipation. Unfortunately for Strawberrypaw, she hadn't caught anything. Deerspark offered her a quick little smile as he trotted up next to her. She seemed to be waiting, as if holding her breath, for his denial or approval. It made Deerspark slightly confused that a cat could look up to him so quickly.

"You... Ya almost had it. Maybe if you acted scarier it would fainted right where it swan." The tall tom joked, his lips pulling back in a smile that revealed his teeth. "The trick with the more feisty fish is to be efficient---" Deerspark explained, his body tensing as his eyes begam to stop blinking entirely, now fully focused on the startled trout just below his paws. "And far faster than you had been, no offense though, it was still quite a pleasant start."

And with a lunge as quick as the racing of his heart, he scooped his paw into the water and smacked the large fish on a sharp stone. Blood fanned from their scales, their mouth open in permanent gape. Deerspark then scooped the fish out of the water and tossed it to Strawberrypaw. "Like that. Use their surroundings to you're advantage. Hit 'em against something, splash farther up the river to lead them to you in a reverse mechanism kind of way." He then paused. "Does that make any sense? Sorry."

My Art Shop!
Old May 9th, 2024, 02:16 PM
'merp'

Bump Policy: ✧I don't do things unless I'm bumped soooooo
My Mood: Angelic

┊StrawberryPaw
╰⸻♡ she/her ⸻⸻╮

StrawberryPaw listened intently to Deerspark's advice, taking note of his every word. She watched with rapt attention as he demonstrated how to catch a fish using the surroundings to his advantage. When he handed her the fish, she felt a surge of excitement and gratitude for her mentor. Determined to put his advice into practice, StrawberryPaw crouched down low by the riverbank once more. She watched for a moment, observing the fish as they swam upstream. Taking a deep breath, she let out a loud hiss, puffing out her fur to make herself look larger and more intimidating. The fish, startled by her sudden appearance, swam closer to the bank. StrawberryPaw waited patiently, calculating the perfect moment to strike. As the fish came within range, she smacked her paw into the water, sending a spray of droplets in the air. The fish, disoriented by the sudden movement, swam right into her waiting claws. StrawberryPaw felt a surge of triumph as she held up her catch, a small but plump trout, in her jaws. She looked over at DeerSpark with a wide grin, her eyes shining with excitement. ' ' I did it!' ' she exclaimed.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Old May 11th, 2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
┊StrawberryPaw
╰⸻♡ she/her ⸻⸻╮

StrawberryPaw listened intently to Deerspark's advice, taking note of his every word. She watched with rapt attention as he demonstrated how to catch a fish using the surroundings to his advantage. When he handed her the fish, she felt a surge of excitement and gratitude for her mentor. Determined to put his advice into practice, StrawberryPaw crouched down low by the riverbank once more. She watched for a moment, observing the fish as they swam upstream. Taking a deep breath, she let out a loud hiss, puffing out her fur to make herself look larger and more intimidating. The fish, startled by her sudden appearance, swam closer to the bank. StrawberryPaw waited patiently, calculating the perfect moment to strike. As the fish came within range, she smacked her paw into the water, sending a spray of droplets in the air. The fish, disoriented by the sudden movement, swam right into her waiting claws. StrawberryPaw felt a surge of triumph as she held up her catch, a small but plump trout, in her jaws. She looked over at DeerSpark with a wide grin, her eyes shining with excitement. ' ' I did it!' ' she exclaimed.

[Deerspark]
Tom\Warrior\RC
"Da da da we're dead-"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The tall tom fluffed up in surprise. Well... Wasn't that interesting? He was joking about the whole "scaring the fish" thing, he genuinely didn't expect it to work, especially this well. Ha! He surprised himself everyday.

He nodded encouragingly at Strawberrypaw, a light purr rumbling in his throat. "Ya sure did, ya little bugger." Deerspark kneeled and swatted at his apprentices ear, a wide smile on his maw that wrinkled the corners of his eyes and folded his features. "I think you're ready to move on to battle training. We'll do that after I teach ya how to bury this prey real quick."

He took the trout from Strawberrypaw's maw and walked off with it, burying it next to the other fish they had caught. He then took the other one, the one he had used as an example, and put it there too.

What a nice successful catch. He was impressed. His newly appointed apprentice was able to catch two fish in one sitting, that couldn't just be by chance. Deerspark was positive that Strawberrypaw had a great deal of potential.

"So," he began, " When it comes to burying prey you've gotta make sure that you kick really hard at the surface you wanna dig up. It can be easier or harder depending on the surface, but in my opinion sand is the hardest to manage. This is because of how much sand moves. Dig a hole? Watch out! The remaining sand might fall back into the hole, then you'll have to start all over again." Hopefully that was enough explaining. The next steps would probably be common sense, like making sure there's no sand in the prey and yada yada.

"All done," Deerspark muttered to himself. "Y' up for a little sparring?"

My Art Shop!