Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
“A Rabbit on the Hunt! So...
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 06:48 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by poppy
Today 06:43 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Fish
Today 06:42 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by poppy
Today 06:41 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by poppy
Today 06:40 PM

Old April 18th, 2024, 04:43 PM
FORMERLY: dizzy

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: squirrelpaw's training [p]

SQUIRRELPAW
she/her. 10 moons. small russet molly with brown markings and yellow eyes.

squirrelpaw watches mistlewhisker whack the tree, face twisted in twisted in worry. she looks soggy, a wet rag of a cat. "ah," she mumbles, slowly nodding once her mentor instructed her to try. she really, really thought she couldn't do this – well, maybe just hitting a tree.. definitely not anything more, though. but!! she couldn't disappoint mistlewhisker!! so with a deep breath, she shuffles closer to the tree. she raises her right paw, hesitating for a moment before she whacks the tree; tiny scratch marks are left behind. she visibly deflates.

[ @Mica ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old April 18th, 2024, 08:01 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye (left gouged out)]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend
· · ────────────── · ·
[Squirrelpaw - @furrensic ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Well, it was a start. Mistlewhisker nodded to her apprentice. "Next time, hit it with more force." The large feline gestured with her head to her own tree. She began demonstrating a series of swipes--left, right, from above, making sure each hit was strong and gouged into the wood. When she was done, she set her sights on Squirrelpaw. Perhaps.... perhaps going with the easier route wasn't the right way. Perhaps she hadn't given her apprentice enough credit. Maybe sparring, like she did with other apprentices, was the right thing to do. "Give me three good swipes at that tree, and then we will move on."

[Sorry this is so slow lmao I am going to have them move to sparring, god help Squirrelpaw...]
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 18th, 2024 at 08:05 PM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 01:31 PM

SQUIRRELPAW

oh yes, squirrelpaw was going to fail at this. she was certain. goodbye warriorhood. "yes..sorry.." she murmurs.

she watches mistlewhisker with wide eyes as the enforcer rains blows on the tree, leaving deep claw marks in their wake. she glances to her own paws, inspecting her claws. could they do that much damage to a tree?? her lips draw into a straight line and she's rigid with nerves. she's half tempted to apologize to the older molly in advance. just..three..good hits..not hard, right?...AAAAA–

she figures that if she puts most of her weight in her front paws, then that should make her hits more effective. hopefully?? she aims three whacks at the tree. while they didn't leave claw marks like mistlewhisker's, they were definitely better than the first time she tried.

[ @Mica no worries!! and she's definitely going to shed some tears LOL ]

Old April 21st, 2024, 10:23 PM
The Ping You Dread

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye (left gouged out)]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Improvement, good. Mistlewhisker didn't expect Squirrelpaw to leave clawmarks like she did, since the enforcer was much larger and more experienced. She gave Squirrelpaw a nod, a small smile gracing her face. Over the past few moons of training, Mistlewhisker had slowly become softer around Squirrelpaw, being more affectionate--even if she was far from the average cat. "Well done." She mewed. "Now, we're going to spar. We will go slow, and I will demonstrate moves before you do them."

Mistlewhisker backed away from the trees, towards the soft, mossy clearing. She knew this was going to be difficult for Squirrelpaw, but she wouldn't accept anything less than competency. "I want you to come at me and try that swipe you just did. No claws." She stood expectantly, gaze a little softer than usual. "You can do it."
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 24th, 2024, 06:20 PM

SQUIRRELPAW

okay, squirrelpaw will admit that whacking a tree wasn't the hardest thing to do. nor the most stressful thing. she's pretty sure she might fall victim to cardiac arrest at any moment, now, though once she hears mistlewhisker's proposal. "ss-spar..?" she croaks, looking absolutely hopeless. it's less of a panicky feeling that overwhelms her, and much more of a dreadful feeling.

the idea seems outlandish. the logical part of the apprentice knows that this is necessary, while the emotional part is freaking out. mistlewhisker's wanted her to test the swipe out. on her. her front paws waver slightly, eyes watering slightly. for a second, she seriously considers shedding some tears and protesting about how she was very afraid to spar. what if she whapped mistle too hard and hurt her? or, even worse, disappointed her mentor?

"...ok-kay.." she says, voice barely above a whisper. her mentor's words do little to reassure her, or bring any confidence. claws sheathed and tears threatening to fall (bless her heart), she shuffles her paws before taking in a deep breath. this was just a spar, it's a fake fight! fake! friendly, even! she breaks out into a sprint, strong at first. but her pace slows as she nears mistlewhisker, reluctantly raising a paw and aiming a swipe (though it was really more of a gap than anything) at her.

[ @Mica ]

Old April 26th, 2024, 04:22 PM
The Ping You Dread

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 38 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
As pathetic as Squirrelpaw looked, and as much as Mistlewhisker internally sighed at her apprentice's endless anxiety, at least she attempted a move. She started off strong, but hesitation got the better of her and made her movements slow and jerky, allowing Mistlewhisker to slowly step out of the way to avoid the hit. Mistlewhisker gave Squirrelpaw a long look. "Do not hesitate. You're not going to hurt me." She swiped at the air with her paw in demonstration, swift and sure with her movement. "Again. Do not let your fear control you." Squirrelpaw would have to learn confidence and self-reliance sooner or later, otherwise she would never be able to handle being a warrior. "I have confidence in you." She added.
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 29th, 2024, 08:04 PM

SQUIRRELPAW

oh. squirrelpaw blinks, large frown etched on her maw as mistlewhisker simply steps to the side. she wavers under the long look she's given, paws shuffling and eyes wide as saucers. a tear threatens to fall and she quickly looks down. "ii- ii'mm...eeehhm.." she murmurs incoherently. she silently prays that starclan will simply let her melt into the ground. she stays a solid, sadly. her heart thuds painfully against her chest and she forces a nod.

she shuffles back a few pawsteps, looking up at mistlewhisker with a 'how could you make me do this' type of expression. she rushes towards the enforcer, managing to keep a steady pace this time. once she nears, the apprentice raises a paw and aims a swipe at mistlewhisker's shoulder. it's not sturdy by any means, if it lands. still, it's a step up from her first attempt.

[ @Mica ]