Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Where No One Goes [p]
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 11:08 PM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by wolfie
Today 10:47 PM
EVERYTHING FINDER
Last post by Red'fur
Today 10:39 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:32 PM

Old November 10th, 2023, 11:12 PM
FORMERLY: dizzy

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default squirrelpaw's training [p]

SQUIRRELPAW - [ female + she/her ]
(no purrks)

quite frankly, squirrelpaw is terrified. it's not uncommon for her to be, she often finds reasons to be scared. it's a struggle. she can admit that it was definitely not as bad as a kit, but now that she's an apprentice, it's tenfold. she's growing up, she has a mentor. which means some horrible, dreadful things... training. not that training in itself is bad, but it's what comes with it. learning how to fight - the thought makes her stomach flip and flop, ears lowering. she feels exhausted just thinking about it, paws quivering. another thing she dreads is actually meeting her mentor, a tom named rattail. she's never talked to him, not that she talks to anyone really, but still - the small molly is scared.

it's a cold morning, the russet feline's fur fluffing when a slight breeze blows by. she sits in the mouth of the den for a solid minute or two, trying to calm herself down before she unwillingly steps out into the cold. a layer of snow covers the camp ground, which is a beautiful sight, but not so beautiful to feel. her paw pads freeze, mouth drawn into a cringe as she hurries towards the warrior's den. luckily, since it's so early, there's not many cats out. she can't help but feel thankful for the cold. ohhh...okay..okay squirrelpaw..you got this...starclan, please don't let me embarrass myself.., she thinks.

crouching down, squirrelpaw very slowly pokes her head into the warrior's den - just for a split second, then she jumps back. oh stars, there's a lot more cats in there than she thought. she gulps, feeling that familiar pit in her stomach. she can already feel her eyes burning with tears that want to fall. oh, why do I have to be an apprentice! why, starclan! this is horrible.. she lets out a sigh, that really sounds like a death rattle of sorts. heart thumping against her chest, the fluffy molly peaks in a second time, trying to spot rattail.

// @Kuwu, I figured it would just be easier to make a thread where we can do all of her training!

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old November 11th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Rat

Bump Policy: 1 day
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: squirrelpaw's training [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrensic View Post
SQUIRRELPAW - [ female + she/her ]
(no purrks)

quite frankly, squirrelpaw is terrified. it's not uncommon for her to be, she often finds reasons to be scared. it's a struggle. she can admit that it was definitely not as bad as a kit, but now that she's an apprentice, it's tenfold. she's growing up, she has a mentor. which means some horrible, dreadful things... training. not that training in itself is bad, but it's what comes with it. learning how to fight - the thought makes her stomach flip and flop, ears lowering. she feels exhausted just thinking about it, paws quivering. another thing she dreads is actually meeting her mentor, a tom named rattail. she's never talked to him, not that she talks to anyone really, but still - the small molly is scared.

it's a cold morning, the russet feline's fur fluffing when a slight breeze blows by. she sits in the mouth of the den for a solid minute or two, trying to calm herself down before she unwillingly steps out into the cold. a layer of snow covers the camp ground, which is a beautiful sight, but not so beautiful to feel. her paw pads freeze, mouth drawn into a cringe as she hurries towards the warrior's den. luckily, since it's so early, there's not many cats out. she can't help but feel thankful for the cold. ohhh...okay..okay squirrelpaw..you got this...starclan, please don't let me embarrass myself.., she thinks.

crouching down, squirrelpaw very slowly pokes her head into the warrior's den - just for a split second, then she jumps back. oh stars, there's a lot more cats in there than she thought. she gulps, feeling that familiar pit in her stomach. she can already feel her eyes burning with tears that want to fall. oh, why do I have to be an apprentice! why, starclan! this is horrible.. she lets out a sigh, that really sounds like a death rattle of sorts. heart thumping against her chest, the fluffy molly peaks in a second time, trying to spot rattail.

// @Kuwu, I figured it would just be easier to make a thread where we can do all of her training!
(a thread for everything makes sense yeah )

Rattail: He/Him

Rattail slowly got up from his nest, looking over at the entrance hearing some shuffling from it. Spotting the small apprentice he smiled over to her, carefully making his way out without bothering any other warriors in the den

He leaned down slowly to touch noses with Squirrelpaw, but didnt force it, just sat there with his nose within reach as more of an option

"Good morning, its not often that apprentices are up before their mentor" He chuckled softly but with no ill meaning "Good job"

His posture was completely relaxed and calm, if a little sleepy

(sorry its a little short ehe, still waking up a bit but wanted to get this started!)

Check out SpireClan, an unforgiving clan set in an eco-brutalist setting. Will have a storyline that slowly develops:

{Signups/Info}
{Roleplay}
{Allegiances/News}

Last edited by Kuwu; November 11th, 2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old November 11th, 2023, 06:34 PM

SQUIRRELPAW
she/her. 6 moons. small russet molly with brown markings and yellow eyes.
(no purrks)

ooh! oh! there he is..okay, starclan you better not let me embarrass myself, the russet molly thinks, nervously watching rattail approach her. she knows she's supposed to touch noses with him, a thing all mentors and apprentices are supposed to do. it feels like her body is working against her though, because she instinctively backs up a smidge. grrrreat. she offers a short apologetic smile.

she was up before him? he says good job, but she's a little worried. next time, should she wait and sleep in a little longer? so he wakes up first? or is she just proving herself to be responsible by waking up first? this will be the thing she thinks about before she goes to sleep tonight - if something else doesn't happen. she shakes the thought out of her mind - it's way too cold to just be standing here, she needs to get moving! she supposes that she'll have to fight against her fear and speak up.

"..mor..ning.." she murmurs, voice wavering with doubt, wobbly from the cold. she stares at the ground, practically burning a hole into the snow. "I - err..wh-what's first..?" she begins her sentence with as much volume as she can produce (or, as much as she's willing), then suddenly she gets very quiet once she actually has to ask what will she be learning first. she just hopes that rattail doesn't start with something like battle training. oh, I hope he heard me! I don't want to repeat myself.., she worries.

// @Kuwu, no worries!

Last edited by furrensic; November 11th, 2023 at 06:34 PM.
Old November 13th, 2023, 03:58 PM
Rat

Quote:
SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

ooh! oh! there he is..okay, starclan you better not let me embarrass myself, the russet molly thinks, nervously watching rattail approach her. she knows she's supposed to touch noses with him, a thing all mentors and apprentices are supposed to do. it feels like her body is working against her though, because she instinctively backs up a smidge. grrrreat. she offers a short apologetic smile.

she was up before him? he says good job, but she's a little worried. next time, should she wait and sleep in a little longer? so he wakes up first? or is she just proving herself to be responsible by waking up first? this will be the thing she thinks about before she goes to sleep tonight - if something else doesn't happen. she shakes the thought out of her mind - it's way too cold to just be standing here, she needs to get moving! she supposes that she'll have to fight against her fear and speak up.

"..mor..ning.." she murmurs, voice wavering with doubt, wobbly from the cold. she stares at the ground, practically burning a hole into the snow. "I - err..wh-what's first..?" she begins her sentence with as much volume as she can produce (or, as much as she's willing), then suddenly she gets very quiet once she actually has to ask what will she be learning first. she just hopes that rattail doesn't start with something like battle training. oh, I hope he heard me! I don't want to repeat myself.., she worries.

// @Kuwu, no worries!

Rattail watched her back up a step and he lifts his head back up not pushing it. He started to watch her body language before she spoke. Shes super anxious, more so then normal for meeting your mentor, she'll need time to be comfortable. We can start with something simple to ease her into it, we can work on the fear later down the line.

He gave her a soft smile, seeming to be more awake now, shaking the chill out of his pelt "Its a bit chilly so moving around is our best bet, lets go for a tour of the territory okay? simple and if we start there itll be easier for you later down the line if you have any patrols" He spoke softly, but clearly enough that the molly could hear him. i dont want her to feel intimidated by training, it should be something she can enjoy not dread.

hopefully i can ease into gaining her trust, ill be able to help her the most if shes not always worried about messing up,,, other cats may be to harsh with her. He mentally sighed sadly, not daring to do so outloud and scare Squirrelpaw.

Check out SpireClan, an unforgiving clan set in an eco-brutalist setting. Will have a storyline that slowly develops:

{Signups/Info}
{Roleplay}
{Allegiances/News}

Old November 20th, 2023, 12:06 PM

SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

a tour of the territory. okay, that didn't sound too bad for now. squirrelpaw just had to..keep her mind off of the thought of predators. or poisonous plants, or holes in the ground, sharp rocks - stop it! stop, squirrelpaw. she silently urges herself, mouth settling into a frown. oh, dear, she's not sure if she'll survive this. she slowly nods, forcing a small smile on her face. she can feel her fur starting to bristle and she forces it to lay flat, though her tail flickers side to side anxiously. her pads are freezing but honestly, that's not her main worry.

"ookayy.." murmurs, rolling her shoulders. she squeezes her eyes shut just for a moment, silently reassuring herself. surely starclan wouldn't let anything bad happen to her, right? then, she starts padding towards the entrance - pads becoming icicles almost from standing in the snow so long -, ready (or, she tries to convince herself she is) to step into the tall pines of the territory. she hesitates at the camp entrance, staring into the deep dark abyss of a forest. she can see fog swirling around, the forest floor covered in a layer of pine needles and snow. there's an eerie feeling that the territory gives off. it doesn't make the apprentice feel any better about going into it.

she shuffles through the exit of the camp, into the territory, fur fluffed out in all directions. eyes wide, she tries to stay as close to rattail as possible.

// @Kuwu

Old December 1st, 2023, 10:27 PM
Rat

Quote:
SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

a tour of the territory. okay, that didn't sound too bad for now. squirrelpaw just had to..keep her mind off of the thought of predators. or poisonous plants, or holes in the ground, sharp rocks - stop it! stop, squirrelpaw. she silently urges herself, mouth settling into a frown. oh, dear, she's not sure if she'll survive this. she slowly nods, forcing a small smile on her face. she can feel her fur starting to bristle and she forces it to lay flat, though her tail flickers side to side anxiously. her pads are freezing but honestly, that's not her main worry.

"ookayy.." murmurs, rolling her shoulders. she squeezes her eyes shut just for a moment, silently reassuring herself. surely starclan wouldn't let anything bad happen to her, right? then, she starts padding towards the entrance - pads becoming icicles almost from standing in the snow so long -, ready (or, she tries to convince herself she is) to step into the tall pines of the territory. she hesitates at the camp entrance, staring into the deep dark abyss of a forest. she can see fog swirling around, the forest floor covered in a layer of pine needles and snow. there's an eerie feeling that the territory gives off. it doesn't make the apprentice feel any better about going into it.

she shuffles through the exit of the camp, into the territory, fur fluffed out in all directions. eyes wide, she tries to stay as close to rattail as possible.

// @Kuwu

Rattail watches her body language and gives her a reassuring smile.
"I wont let anything happen to you, dont worry."

He leads her out of the camp, heading for sunkissed creek first. Laying his tail on her back softly he attempts to give her something that she can maybe use to focus on instead of her mind

"Is there anything about you that you would like me to know? no pressure, but if you have anything you wish to learn first, or something youre worried about i can try to help you as much as i can. As your mentor ill always be here for you, if you need anything"

{Signups/Info}
{Roleplay}
{Allegiances/News}

Old December 2nd, 2023, 06:25 PM

SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

squirrelpaw feels great relief at rattails reassurance. of course, he wouldn't let any harm come to her, that's a mentors job, isn't it? she gives a tiny nod as they venture deeper into the territory. she glances around at her surroundings, gaze stuck on tall pine trees that loom over the duo, shooting to any areas where there's sounds of twigs snapping or snow crunching. her heart is already pounding against her chest, and squirrelpaw is certain that if her mentor wasn't with her and she was alone, she would've had a heart attack by now. tiny ears perked and focused on her surroundings, the apprentices nearly jumps out of her fur once rattail rests his tail along her back. sweet starclan above!!! she exclaims mentally.

oh dear, she's not even sure how to answer his question. is there anything she wants to learn first? she's half tempted to ask him if they can just skip over battle training as a whole, but she knows thats non negotiable. dawnstar wouldn't let anyone become a warrior if they didn't know how to fight, probably not even her own family. squirrelpaw knows that. the russet molly gives a short shrug, looking ahead."n-no..? um..I..don't know yet...sorry." she falters, looking as though she may add on something else, but ends up not saying another word. she watches as a..creek? yes, a creek, comes into view. the area stands out from any other part of shadowclan territory, mostly for the fact that the sun shines through and the fog dissipates - not giving nearly an eerie feeling as the rest of the territory.

/ @Kuwu

Old December 11th, 2023, 06:40 PM
Rat

Quote:
SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

squirrelpaw feels great relief at rattails reassurance. of course, he wouldn't let any harm come to her, that's a mentors job, isn't it? she gives a tiny nod as they venture deeper into the territory. she glances around at her surroundings, gaze stuck on tall pine trees that loom over the duo, shooting to any areas where there's sounds of twigs snapping or snow crunching. her heart is already pounding against her chest, and squirrelpaw is certain that if her mentor wasn't with her and she was alone, she would've had a heart attack by now. tiny ears perked and focused on her surroundings, the apprentices nearly jumps out of her fur once rattail rests his tail along her back. sweet starclan above!!! she exclaims mentally.

oh dear, she's not even sure how to answer his question. is there anything she wants to learn first? she's half tempted to ask him if they can just skip over battle training as a whole, but she knows thats non negotiable. dawnstar wouldn't let anyone become a warrior if they didn't know how to fight, probably not even her own family. squirrelpaw knows that. the russet molly gives a short shrug, looking ahead."n-no..? um..I..don't know yet...sorry." she falters, looking as though she may add on something else, but ends up not saying another word. she watches as a..creek? yes, a creek, comes into view. the area stands out from any other part of shadowclan territory, mostly for the fact that the sun shines through and the fog dissipates - not giving nearly an eerie feeling as the rest of the territory.

/ @Kuwu

Rattail: He/him

Rattail gave her a small apologetic smile for scaring her before nodding at her answer
"Thats okay, no need to apologize i was just curious. You can always tell me if you wish to prioritize any aspect of your training at any point."

He padded up to the creek, looking down at it for a moment

"This is sunkissed creek, it usually tends to be quiet around here. If youre looking for prey you can find water voles near the bank and if you feel like getting a little wet then if youre lucky you can find a minnow or two in the creek itself."
He turned to look at her, motioning his head for her to join him near the edge of the water

"Although if you wish to learn how to actually fish youll have to find someone else for that im afraid. Personally im better of dry and on solid ground"
He chuckled softly to himself before continuing

"I find its easy to get some rest away from everyone out here. Good to clear the thoughts and calm down"

I wanted to show her here first, maybe give her somewhere away from camp she can feel at ease. He smiled softly

{Signups/Info}
{Roleplay}
{Allegiances/News}

Old December 18th, 2023, 11:31 AM

SQUIRRELPAW
(no purrks)

the russet molly sticks close beside her mentor as they approach the creek. sunkissed creek. as rattail describes it, a quiet place with limited prey. she takes a singular pawstep forward as he invites her to join him at the edge of the creek — a part of her fears she'll end up falling in. while it doesn't seem deep enough that she could drown, she really does not want to end up risking it. drowning at six moons..the idea makes her shiver.

fish? that's..a riverclan thing, squirrelpaw thinks as rattail proposes the idea. she looks at her paws, then the water. she's already awkward enough around the older tom who's her actual mentor, she can't imagine how horribly nervous she'd be finding another cat that could teach her how to fish. she'd have to ask them, which means she'd have to talk. and who says every cat knows how to fish? which means she'd have to ask around the clan and -

she shakes the thought away, clearing her throat and giving a small nod towards the grey tom. "good..to..calm down..?" she repeats, glancing up at rattail. now that she thinks about it..she doesn't really see a lot of her clanmates coming here to hunt or be loud, it's quiet, tranquil. extremely different from the depressing darkness of the rest of the territory and the bland sand of camp. the only problem, though, if she truly wanted to be alone here, she'd have to leave camp by herself. or be left here. and anything could happen. she's not sure if it's worth it.

[ @Kuwu ]

Old January 27th, 2024, 07:00 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan
she/her | 36 moons
[Large black cat with a half-white muzzle and pale green eyes, one gouged out]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Squirrelpaw - @furrensic ]
· · ────────────── · ·

Mistlewhisker knew she had her work cut out for her. A half-moon had passed since Squirrelpaw had been assigned to her as an apprentice, and Mistlewhisker's punishment had finally been lifted so she could train her. Not three days after the half moon was up did she find Squirrelpaw and Gutspaw--and some random cat--alone in the territory like fools. She had not bee impressed by Squirrelpaw's wishy-washy attitude, and vowed to fix that. It had no place in ShadowClan.

The large molly stuck her head into the apprentice's den, seeking out Squirrelpaw. "Squirrelpaw." She meowed quietly, not particularly caring if it woke up the other cats. "Let's go. Training." She then backed out of the den, and waited patiently.

As much as Squirrelpaw's attitude frustrated and confused her, the molly felt a strange sort of protectiveness over her, and found it hard to be mad at her even after the incident in the territory. Mistlewhisker sighed. When had she gotten so soft for apprentices?

[IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!]
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~