Yapping corner
Last post by forest
Today 01:20 PM
Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2018, 07:28 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Question New here!

Hello!
To introduce myself, I go by Mars and use he/him pronouns. I'm in high school, and I've been on this site before, but don't remember much about how things work! I mostly paint, draw, and animate, but I also enjoy roleplaying even though my skills are probably a little rusty !!
I have a few questions before I just dive in without knowing anything, hopefully they aren't too long-winded afhuihdsf

1. Is there a section specifically for character creation that people consistently use or do I just sort of make up a cat I want to play as and jump into replying to people in one of the clans? I don't want to intrude on rp threads I might not be wanted in!
2. If I want to start as a kit and go from there, am I supposed to have someone else from the clan as a parent or are kits just kinda,,, on the loose, per se?? I don't really wanna start as a kit at this point, probably an apprentice because kits don't do much, but just for future reference
3. How quickly does aging work on here? I mean like is that specific (are there rules about it) or is it just sort of up to the writer's own intuition :00
4. If I want to start as an apprentice, how do I get a mentor? Is that application based or do I maybe request one from the clan leader?
5. How many characters am I allowed to have? Is it just however many I think I can handle or is there a limit? I was thinking along the lines of two to four, four being the very max!
6. Are there certain cat breeds/types for each different clan? I understand a few basics (I own a lot of the books, but I only really sat down and read them 5 or 6 years ago) like Riverclan cats usually have sleek fur for swimming and stuff like that, but are there more specifications I should follow, like maybe general pelt colors?
7. If you have any general tips you can think of to give me that I haven't already asked about, that'd be great!!
6. Does anyone wanna roleplay? :]]] I did read that Thunderclan and Riverclan are currently closed, and that's fine because I like Windclan and Shadowclan best anyways!! I'm not a very fast typer, and I tend to overwrite, so if you like low-pressure and posts that are like. 3 sentences minimum but probably a paragraph+ then hmu

Thanks in advance to those who read this and help out! Even if you just have answers for some of these, that's a big help! <3
Old December 10th, 2018, 05:26 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: New here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king.mars View Post
Hello!
To introduce myself, I go by Mars and use he/him pronouns. I'm in high school, and I've been on this site before, but don't remember much about how things work! I mostly paint, draw, and animate, but I also enjoy roleplaying even though my skills are probably a little rusty !!
I have a few questions before I just dive in without knowing anything, hopefully they aren't too long-winded afhuihdsf

1. Is there a section specifically for character creation that people consistently use or do I just sort of make up a cat I want to play as and jump into replying to people in one of the clans? I don't want to intrude on rp threads I might not be wanted in!
2. If I want to start as a kit and go from there, am I supposed to have someone else from the clan as a parent or are kits just kinda,,, on the loose, per se?? I don't really wanna start as a kit at this point, probably an apprentice because kits don't do much, but just for future reference
3. How quickly does aging work on here? I mean like is that specific (are there rules about it) or is it just sort of up to the writer's own intuition :00
4. If I want to start as an apprentice, how do I get a mentor? Is that application based or do I maybe request one from the clan leader?
5. How many characters am I allowed to have? Is it just however many I think I can handle or is there a limit? I was thinking along the lines of two to four, four being the very max!
6. Are there certain cat breeds/types for each different clan? I understand a few basics (I own a lot of the books, but I only really sat down and read them 5 or 6 years ago) like Riverclan cats usually have sleek fur for swimming and stuff like that, but are there more specifications I should follow, like maybe general pelt colors?
7. If you have any general tips you can think of to give me that I haven't already asked about, that'd be great!!
6. Does anyone wanna roleplay? :]]] I did read that Thunderclan and Riverclan are currently closed, and that's fine because I like Windclan and Shadowclan best anyways!! I'm not a very fast typer, and I tend to overwrite, so if you like low-pressure and posts that are like. 3 sentences minimum but probably a paragraph+ then hmu

Thanks in advance to those who read this and help out! Even if you just have answers for some of these, that's a big help! <3

If you have any questions, please visit the FAQ, which is listed above in your tool bar. If you cannot find your question in there, feel free to ask any of our lovely Staff Members who would be willing to help. Or, you can just ask me or any of the fantastic members here, as we’d be happy to answer your questions!
In order to familiarize yourself with how this site works, please stop by the Site Information forum where most things related to WCO are posted.

I take it you’ve Roleplayed before? You seem to have some basic ideas of how it works, did you come from elsewhere?
Anyways- I have answers for you!

1. This is a very free-range site. We have basic rules and stuff, like no cursing. Rules can be found in the links I gave above. For Character Creation, there’s a multitude of ways, actually! You can make your own and just jump in, or you can post a biography. Biographies can be simple like Name, Age, Gender, Clan, and Appearance/Personality, or they can be long and complex like this form: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...read.php?t=115. That form has everything you’ll need to describe your character! Copy and paste, and bam. Post it in this forum: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=43, and title it with your cats name. I have my own custom form, if you’re interested, I can send you the doc.

2. Well, if you want a kit, yes it would be best to get a family. You can do this by posting a thread finder in this forum: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=18. Ex. Flintkit needs parents! Or Flintkit’s Everything Finder! Or you don’t even need parents, this is a warriors site. Cats don’t have parents all the time, or they do but they just don’t care for their Kit. But it’s good to find relationships anyways, like friends and love interests so that you have cats your character can interact with.

3. Aging is simple: For every month, your cat ages by one moon. But, they are your character, so you can age them however you like. One month is five moons, or five irl months is one moon! I age my cats slowly, it provides more time to Roleplay them and develop them before they get old. So generally, over the course of one real life year, a character could be a warrior already from a Kit age.

4. You do the steps I explained in step 2. But ask for a mentor! List specifics you want, like if the mentor will neglect your cat or whatever. You can post a ceremony request, just go to the Ceremonies Forum and post in the clan you want with the correct fill in form.

5. As many as you want! I have 23, some have 2, one person has over 200!

6. Nope. You can follow generic breeds, but it’s free range overall.

7. Not much I can give you right now. I’m about to leave, if you want some of my advice, shoot me a Private Message!

8. I’ll roleplay! I’ll send you a Visitor Message on your profile with my character list, and you can choose which cat you want to interact with. It’ll be a fun trial to see how things work uwu
Also- Riverclan isn’t closed. It’s just that Riverclan had moved territories in the plot, but there are still the temporary areas in the Riverclan Forum.

Anyways, that’s all for now! If you need any help, your best bets are the Site Staff or me and the other highranks. If you look on the side bar with the High Rank cat names, just click on one of the names.
Passionstar is Brilliance, Flimtspirit is RedHead, etc. Click on them and send them a Visitors Message. I’m Ringpaw, all the way at the bottom of Skyclan c:

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old December 10th, 2018, 08:24 AM

Smile Re: New here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle pom View Post

If you have any questions, please visit the FAQ, which is listed above in your tool bar. If you cannot find your question in there, feel free to ask any of our lovely Staff Members who would be willing to help. Or, you can just ask me or any of the fantastic members here, as we’d be happy to answer your questions!
In order to familiarize yourself with how this site works, please stop by the Site Information forum where most things related to WCO are posted.

I take it you’ve Roleplayed before? You seem to have some basic ideas of how it works, did you come from elsewhere?
Anyways- I have answers for you!

1. This is a very free-range site. We have basic rules and stuff, like no cursing. Rules can be found in the links I gave above. For Character Creation, there’s a multitude of ways, actually! You can make your own and just jump in, or you can post a biography. Biographies can be simple like Name, Age, Gender, Clan, and Appearance/Personality, or they can be long and complex like this form: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...read.php?t=115. That form has everything you’ll need to describe your character! Copy and paste, and bam. Post it in this forum: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=43, and title it with your cats name. I have my own custom form, if you’re interested, I can send you the doc.

2. Well, if you want a kit, yes it would be best to get a family. You can do this by posting a thread finder in this forum: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=18. Ex. Flintkit needs parents! Or Flintkit’s Everything Finder! Or you don’t even need parents, this is a warriors site. Cats don’t have parents all the time, or they do but they just don’t care for their Kit. But it’s good to find relationships anyways, like friends and love interests so that you have cats your character can interact with.

3. Aging is simple: For every month, your cat ages by one moon. But, they are your character, so you can age them however you like. One month is five moons, or five irl months is one moon! I age my cats slowly, it provides more time to Roleplay them and develop them before they get old. So generally, over the course of one real life year, a character could be a warrior already from a Kit age.

4. You do the steps I explained in step 2. But ask for a mentor! List specifics you want, like if the mentor will neglect your cat or whatever. You can post a ceremony request, just go to the Ceremonies Forum and post in the clan you want with the correct fill in form.

5. As many as you want! I have 23, some have 2, one person has over 200!

6. Nope. You can follow generic breeds, but it’s free range overall.

7. Not much I can give you right now. I’m about to leave, if you want some of my advice, shoot me a Private Message!

8. I’ll roleplay! I’ll send you a Visitor Message on your profile with my character list, and you can choose which cat you want to interact with. It’ll be a fun trial to see how things work uwu
Also- Riverclan isn’t closed. It’s just that Riverclan had moved territories in the plot, but there are still the temporary areas in the Riverclan Forum.

Anyways, that’s all for now! If you need any help, your best bets are the Site Staff or me and the other highranks. If you look on the side bar with the High Rank cat names, just click on one of the names.
Passionstar is Brilliance, Flimtspirit is RedHead, etc. Click on them and send them a Visitors Message. I’m Ringpaw, all the way at the bottom of Skyclan c:
Thank you for the FAQ and Site Information link! I'll refer to it as much as I can!

Yes, I've roleplayed before off this site with friends, as well as on WCO around 4-6 years ago when I was in middle school and I believe a bit into high school. I was actually an administrator on here for some period of time, I'm pretty sure I went by Mac (I don't remember my username), and I had the honor of roleplaying Windclan medicine cat for a while, her name was something that started with Turtle (Turtleback?). So I definitely have experience, it's just been a while! :]]]

1. Okay great, I'll probably post a biography!! If it's not any trouble for you, I'd love to see the form you use! You seem to know what you're doing!

2. Sounds easy enough! Thank you!

3. Okay cool! I'm glad it's not strictly enforced, because with school and work it's hard to know how much time I'll actually have to be onsite and developing my characters!

4. Perfect! That's where I'll head after the biography! You're giving me a roadmap to success :P

5. WOW 200 I'd have a heart attack :,)) Again I like the free-range aspect! I'm sure I'll build mine up slowly!

6. and 7. Okay great!

8. Sweet !! Thank you for being so kind!! And okay yeah, I clicked the little informational thing to see about Windclan and it said no Riverclan or Thunderclan cats could join at this time, and I just assumed that meant in general, not like. pre-existing clan cats are moving to Windclan :,) Thanks for clarifying!

You're an amazing help!!! I'll definitely keep in touch for roleplaying with you!!
Oh yeah also, this might be a stupid question, but do I quote-reply or just reply without quoting? The quoting seems to send a notification but not-quoting doesn't, so I dunno! Okay that's all
Old December 10th, 2018, 01:48 PM

Question Re: New here!

Heyy I have two more questions!

1. For posting biographies, if I want to include an image that matches what my character looks like, does the image have to be in link form to help keep bandwidth down or is bandwidth not really an issue anymore (it used to be, years ago)?

2. Do we follow the seasons in-character? Like right now it's pretty chilly out in the Northern hemisphere, so when writing any sensory and atmospheric details, can I include that the leaves have fallen from the trees, it's frosty or snowy out, etc.? or does season not really have an impact?
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: New here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king.mars View Post
Heyy I have two more questions!

1. For posting biographies, if I want to include an image that matches what my character looks like, does the image have to be in link form to help keep bandwidth down or is bandwidth not really an issue anymore (it used to be, years ago)?

2. Do we follow the seasons in-character? Like right now it's pretty chilly out in the Northern hemisphere, so when writing any sensory and atmospheric details, can I include that the leaves have fallen from the trees, it's frosty or snowy out, etc.? or does season not really have an impact?
Bandwidth isn't an issue, link form simply helps with images that are really over-sized. Many members find it annoying to look at large reference images so if you're going to post just the image, I recommend resizing it to something reasonable!

We do follow the seasons. The seasons are based in the NE part of the US, specifically Maine. If you go to "New and Joining" on the sidebar, we try to update general temps and weather, but there is a link for current weather to keep everything accurate.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old December 13th, 2018, 11:35 PM

Smile Re: New here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

Bandwidth isn't an issue, link form simply helps with images that are really over-sized. Many members find it annoying to look at large reference images so if you're going to post just the image, I recommend resizing it to something reasonable!

We do follow the seasons. The seasons are based in the NE part of the US, specifically Maine. If you go to "New and Joining" on the sidebar, we try to update general temps and weather, but there is a link for current weather to keep everything accurate.
Okay great!! Thanks so much for the info! This helps a lot :]]
🌻
Closed Thread