Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Springlight
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Contest for art
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 04:22 PM
Crashing waves, Sea Coves...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:12 PM
Character of the Month...
Last post by alec
Today 04:04 PM
The Atari [Outsider Group...
Last post by constellation
Today 03:58 PM

Old Today, 02:27 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default battle basics - keeping up with jaws and claws [p]

->> rookfire <<-
[ shadowclan enforcer | 17moons | purrks ]
a large scarred dark grey cat with minimal white markings and grey eyes
feeling a bit more comfortable with the situation he had put himself into, rookfire once again lead a group of apprentices into the territory, this time choosing to remain relatively close to camp. the thick forest, lush and deep green almost radiated enough peace and security that rookfire considered not obsessively scanning their surroundings, no actually, who are we trying to kid? no matter the warm blanked of summer sun shining down on the enforcers dark pelt, the quiet chirping of birds and the rustle of evergreen and deciduous greenery alike shifting in the wind, nothing would make rookfire forget about the cannibal, the darn murderer and the odd influx of badgers they apperantly had to also deal with. rookfire gave roachflare a nod, jerking his head up instead of down to signal the warrior to go on his way around the clearing they had gathered in, search for unfamiliar scents and ensure safety. and while rookfire wouldve preferred to see himself, the nod the tortie gave him in return was enough to calm his spirits a bit, tail curled around white tipped paws uselessly, he'd have to get back up soon.
"we'll be working on three foundational things today, front paw strike and cranial blow, duck and twist for defence purposes and finally actual combat. between moves you get the chance to practice, after we went through all im going to pair you up so you can put everything you've learned together." he announced, watching roachflares multi colour pelt shift in the corner of his eye, before resuming his guarding to rooks left, successfully covering the area of the forest rookfire couldnt view from where he was located, blind eye and all that stuff..

"lets beginn! front paw strike and cranial blow are both moves executed with one of your front paws, preferably the one you feel more stable and secure using, and both serve as a good starting point for more advanced moves and technique. the important difference is that unlike for a front paw strike, your claws are to be sheathed to execute a cranial blow." rookfire explained, back to his paws and turned to half face the apprentice and roachflare who he would use to demonstrate the moves with. the dark pelted enforcer lifted a paw to tap it against roachflares body, tortie patterned chest, shoulder, neck, side and head, "front paw strike aims to make your opponent bleed, everything above their shoulders will be more likely to kill. it is your choice how you shall treat this information." he explained, lostsparks own explaination to rookfire and the golden pelted apprentice bleeding out beneath his paws flashed through his mind. it was quite odd how much he now connected to moves that used to be boring theory, in riverclan anyway, he felt like he could remember ever word lostspark had said, sparking his curiousity about her condition and what lie beneath the facade of medicine cat turned enforcer.. and the death that was torn into his flesh, missing earn and ragged scars a almost welcome reminder to the power of tearing flesh from bone, well, he would almost say every battle related memory was one he was keen on keeping. "you can swipe from the side or from the top for both cranial blow and front paw strike" rookfire continued, repeating the motion on roachflare a few more times before moving on.
"cranial blow is used mostly to disorient. you hit the side or top of their head as hard as you can and if you do it right it'll buy you enough time to plan your next move or get your pelt out of shredding distance.. you'll need a good stable stance for either move so make you dont knock yourself over with the motion." more demonstration, slow and careful, before the enforcer turned to his students.
"now you practice, either on a tree or each other, though id prefer the tree option so no one has to bug mossfreckle later." rookfire finally instructed, letting silver eyes wander over the cats gathered once more, aiming to memorise their appearance as best he could, roachflares unique pelt and short statue, cinderpaws deep black pelt, lionpaws silver-red pelt that was pretty misleading in combination with the name, magpiepaws short legs and the thick split coloured fur, muddypaws well, muddy fur, gutspaws dark tabbied form, before taking a few steps back, offering them the majority of the clearing to practice while watching from the side lines.

OOC:

- you are very welcome to have your character ask/need assistance from rook or roach, just mention me
- off topic conversations are welcome as long as your character participates
- there is no limit to the number of posts your cat can make between rooks big "group teaching" posts (i will be posting interactions in between those as well).
- i appreciate every ping :3

rundown of the lesson plan:
- front paw strike/cranial blow demo + practice (between now and my next post)
- bite and lock demo + practice (group teaching post 2)
- duck & twist demo + practice/ combat practice beginning (last group teaching post)
- combat evaluation + dismissal

people involved:
rookfire - me (teacher/guard)
roachflare - me (teacher/guard)

cinderpaw - @Neptune. (participant)
lionpaw - @Ladiebugg (participant)
magpiepaw - @Marigoldwhisper (participant)
muddypaw - @Dolomedes (participant)
gutspaw - @wolfie (participant)

- inspiration taken from rooks own battle training by lostspark (@/rose) and hawkbite (@/suspiciousmindz) -
- let me know if anything needs correcting

-> next rook post: 25/07/24 OR earlier if everyone has replied <-

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; Today at 02:31 PM.