Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Site Assistance

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Help for the sick! (Event)
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 11:28 AM
✩ Hunting with Darkice! ✩
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 11:26 AM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by Cinnamiontail
Today 11:22 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by vellichor
Today 11:14 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 11:13 AM
Closed Thread

Old June 7th, 2024, 02:11 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Dark

Default Clan-Independent Insurgency Force

Hello,

I was wondering about (especially post raid) one of my RC characters possibly creating a sort of RiverClan commando/insurgency force, which would practice asymmetrical warfare against the other Clans. Although this unit would not be known about by RiverClan's HRs and thus not under their command, it would act in the clan's best interests (or at least what the leaders of the force think is in the Clan's best interests). What kind of staff approval would be required for a force of this type, and how would it be gained? As a note, please be aware that this force would do things like ambushing small patrols, relocating Twoleg animal traps to places where they would do more damage to enemy cats, sabotoging herb supplies, gathering intelligence, and causing inter-clan distrust and discord.

Thank you,
Snips
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE

Old June 7th, 2024, 02:24 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Clan-Independent Insurgency Force

@Snips from a riverclan high rank perspective, any cat caught ambushing patrols, destroying herbs, spying, etc once riverclan returns from their exile is likely to be permanently exiled from the clan just as a heads up

please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den

Last edited by taillow; June 7th, 2024 at 02:25 PM.
Old June 7th, 2024, 02:38 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
@Snips from a riverclan high rank perspective, any cat caught ambushing patrols, destroying herbs, spying, etc once riverclan returns from their exile is likely to be permanently exiled from the clan just as a heads up
Yes, I somewhat expected that. Hence the part about leaving the HRs out of it. Of course, steps would be taken to avoid identification as a RiverClan cat during operations, and most, if not all, planning, training and missions would be conducted at night or under the guise of a normal patrol/training session. In addition, depending on the length of the clan's exile, some early training and operations may occur during that time. Thank you for the warning, though.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE

Old June 7th, 2024, 02:54 PM
eternally tired

Hey there! @Snips:

While rebellions are allowed and don't typically require staff/High Rank approval [though high rank approval is strongly advised], this kind of plot is something High Ranks have full authority to step into and give out appropriate punishments to characters involved [demotions, exiles, or even High Rank powerplay kills if serious enough]. The Under Their Nose purrk also would not apply for this kind of situation, as it only works for smaller scaled plots.

Rule-wise, make sure to follow the Roleplay Guidelines. If all involved cats are exiled by High Ranks and then try to advance their efforts as an outsider faction, it would then require staff approval to continue.

I would strongly encourage talking to your local HRs before starting any planning/roleplays, especially because you run the risk of them intervening on a whim.

Hope this helps! Be sure to let me know if you need some further clarification.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old June 7th, 2024, 03:38 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

@marshy Thanks for the info! I actually do have a few additional questions. When you talk about communicating with clan HRs, do you mean both IC and OOC or just OOC? Do I need to talk with HRs of the 'victim' clans as well? I could think of plenty of good IC reasons for an unofficial or semi-unofficial insurgency force specializing in aysmetrical warfare, and as for OOC it's mostly to create an interesting plot and introduce a new method of IC fighting that, at least as far as I know, has never been encountered in WCO conflicts.

Old June 7th, 2024, 05:11 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
Yes, I somewhat expected that. Hence the part about leaving the HRs out of it. Of course, steps would be taken to avoid identification as a RiverClan cat during operations, and most, if not all, planning, training and missions would be conducted at night or under the guise of a normal patrol/training session. In addition, depending on the length of the clan's exile, some early training and operations may occur during that time. Thank you for the warning, though.
unfortunately as marsh stated high ranks can’t just be “left out” and will be intervening to intercept anything that is deemed a threat to the clan or the stability they will be trying to bills and maintain both in exile and once they return

please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
Closed Thread